this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rodfarva
Riding on 17's

Re: Run Fitzy RUN!

Postby rodfarva » August 16th, 2018, 11:48 am

88sins wrote:
alfa wrote:
Redman wrote:If they charge any one the will look draconian.
If they don't it will be worse the next time.

Protest all you want...don't cross the line into the personal/physical realm.

Then again...where was the security detail?

What would the security detail have done, opened an umbrella :D ? Fact is nobody physically touched him

going in line with that logic

if i launched a 8" concrete block in the direction of your head & it's flight just happened to be cut short by yuh face that just by chance ended up being in said concrete block's flight path, yuh cyah say I do yuh nuttn. since i never physically touched you & all that good stuff.

Is it your suggestion that kicking water up at someone is comparable to throwing a deadly object at someone's head so long as the item is thrown and fist/food never makes contact with head? Because I can't see how the logic you quoted leads to your scenario.
Last edited by rodfarva on August 16th, 2018, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » August 16th, 2018, 11:48 am

88sins wrote:
alfa wrote:
Redman wrote:If they charge any one the will look draconian.
If they don't it will be worse the next time.

Protest all you want...don't cross the line into the personal/physical realm.

Then again...where was the security detail?

What would the security detail have done, opened an umbrella :D ? Fact is nobody physically touched him

going in line with that logic

if i launched a 8" concrete block in the direction of your head & it's flight just happened to be cut short by yuh face that just by chance ended up being in said concrete block's flight path, yuh cyah say I do yuh nuttn. since i never physically touched you & all that good stuff.

A concrete brick is meant to cause injury regardless if it hits you or not. Splashing water isn't. But based on how the Western Justice system works he may have a case. Pretty soon if you look at someone the wrong way you might be charged with visual abuse

rodfarva
Riding on 17's

Postby rodfarva » August 16th, 2018, 11:52 am

alfa wrote:A concrete brick is meant to cause injury regardless if it hits you or not. Splashing water isn't. But based on how the Western Justice system works he may have a case. Pretty soon if you look at someone the wrong way you might be charged with visual abuse

Still there is a difference between being charged for something like unruly or threatening behavior from kicking water and being charged with attempted murder or assault with a brick

If kicking water at someone is illegal under the law then there should be no problem pursuing it for what it is.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 16th, 2018, 12:17 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:

lol @ gone too far.
a little muddy water yuh getting on like a pussyhole for?

politicians duty is to the PEOPLE

if you are not helping the people, firetruck u.

start dumping them in garbage bins

:lol:

these T&T parLIARmentarians lucky is a lil dutty water cause look what ppl do to them in other countries , they does get booed & pelt down , in india they famous for bussing a hard slap in dey face

other countries take it to d extreme with suicide bombing &\or interfering with ppl families ... not that anybody deserves that but he shud count his lucky stars that is jes a lil small ting ..... :|

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 16th, 2018, 1:34 pm

no justification for dealing with a legitimate grouse/complaint/problem in an illegitimate way.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 16th, 2018, 2:08 pm

alfa wrote:A concrete brick is meant to cause injury regardless if it hits you or not. Splashing water isn't.

the only thing a concrete brick is meant for is to build a structure, but it can be adapted into a projectile weapon.
You think splashing water (in this particular case, flood water) can't be meant to cause injury? you know the kinda pathogens & bacteria it does have in flood water? If it so harmless let someone splash a good dose of that same flood water in yuh eye or in your mouth & you leave it there & don't wash it out. lewwe see how harmless it is.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 16th, 2018, 2:17 pm

As rovin posted...ah lil splash ah water is nothing compared to other countries....hinds like ah lil oman

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 16th, 2018, 2:24 pm

88sins wrote:
alfa wrote:A concrete brick is meant to cause injury regardless if it hits you or not. Splashing water isn't.

the only thing a concrete brick is meant for is to build a structure, but it can be adapted into a projectile weapon.
You think splashing water (in this particular case, flood water) can't be meant to cause injury? you know the kinda pathogens & bacteria it does have in flood water? If it so harmless let someone splash a good dose of that same flood water in yuh eye or in your mouth & you leave it there & don't wash it out. lewwe see how harmless it is.
... And the beethamites hadda sleep in it, while Hinds came with hands swinging, to go back up to his mansion.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 16th, 2018, 3:16 pm

Redman wrote:no justification for dealing with a legitimate grouse/complaint/problem in an illegitimate way.

Correct. Plus it's gross disrespect of someone in authority. Like him or not.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 16th, 2018, 4:42 pm

rspann wrote:
Redman wrote:no justification for dealing with a legitimate grouse/complaint/problem in an illegitimate way.

Ok, so what Beetham residents should do?

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » August 16th, 2018, 4:46 pm

They should sit down quiet and wait till things get worse.

Then tyre bunning, rock/bottle pelting, gnashing of teeth and rending of water soaked garments will ensue.

Then the already stretched TTPS and Army will be deployed.

Then the place go get quiet.

Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 16th, 2018, 4:47 pm

Untill they get hungry, or need a kit for a boat ride and pass to raid UR pantry.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 16th, 2018, 5:07 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
rspann wrote:

Protest lawfully(,without blocking the highway) ,go in front Rowley's residence and make noise, loud him up ,boo him down ,and ultimately vote them out anything except getting physical. When it reach to that, they will see it as a legitimate form of protest and that slippery slope could end in anarchy.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 16th, 2018, 5:17 pm

The_Honourable wrote:

Fix themselves.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » August 16th, 2018, 6:12 pm

History has shown that when people are dissatisfied and suffering the smallest of things can trigger violence.
Expressed public sentiments demonstrate that there is quite a bit of support for the behavior which is being acknowledged as inappropriate, disrespectful and possibly illegal.
Skirmishes like this episode have a way of becoming more wide spread and frequent as discontent increases.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 16th, 2018, 7:27 pm

The authorities are partly to blame.

Many times when people protest it's because they have exhausted normal channels - making reports, writing letters, talking to local representatives etc. — only to be stonewalled with bureaucracy.

However...when people take drastic measures the authorities spring into action. After the fiery protests in Beetham, Sh!tkicker said anyone acting illegally in order to have their grievances addressed would not be tolerated. Yet the people of Maloney got their water supply restored after mounting a similar protest not to long after his statement.

Can't blame people for believing it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease...:|

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » August 16th, 2018, 7:32 pm

toyolink wrote:History has shown that when people are dissatisfied and suffering the smallest of things can trigger violence.
Expressed public sentiments demonstrate that there is quite a bit of support for the behavior which is being acknowledged as inappropriate, disrespectful and possibly illegal.
Skirmishes like this episode have a way of becoming more wide spread and frequent as discontent increases.

Very true, notice rarely anyone condemned the attacks.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 16th, 2018, 7:46 pm

ppl need fresh clean water in their pipes not stink dutty water running thru their communities & inside their homes

is not jes a lavantille\beetham thing : is all over d country

ppl tired of all d empty promises no matter which govt is in charge & it seems d only way to get something is to protest or do stuff like this to highlight their concerns ...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 16th, 2018, 8:35 pm

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Passivity is the work of a slave and the desire of the master... Of his skaves.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 16th, 2018, 10:00 pm

Redman wrote:REALLY ?

lol-right- today with both sides paying people to manipulate the optics you really feel that you can count on that??

good luck with that

You were going good, but it appears the official word from Balisier House went out, and now all of a sudden its "paying people to manipulate the optics?" Yes you said "both sides" but you're not fooling anyone with that.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 16th, 2018, 10:02 pm

hydroep wrote:The authorities are partly to blame.

Many times when people protest it's because they have exhausted normal channels - making reports, writing letters, talking to local representatives etc. — only to be stonewalled with bureaucracy.

However...when people take drastic measures the authorities spring into action. After the fiery protests in Beetham, Sh!tkicker said anyone acting illegally in order to have their grievances addressed would not be tolerated. Yet the people of Maloney got their water supply restored after mounting a similar protest not to long after his statement.

Can't blame people for believing it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease...:|

This is exactly what happened at the Beetham which is the extreme. It happens in other areas as well.

You patiently go through all kinds of channels only to get runaround or block. When you protest peacefully, the government blaming the opposition and your own chastising you. When you begin to block the highways and the main roads, the rest of society cusses you, police target you and if one man wear a yellow jersey... is the opposition. When the MP come, he comes with security and media so others can't say he was never in the area (PR) only not to be seen until probably next year.

This problem didn't start now and slowly escalated over the years to the point most of the Beetham residents don't care anymore. Some are waking up to the fact that their own party (and past governments) have been riding them.

You can condemn their actions against Hinds but if we continue to ignore their issues, especially the party that they have been loyal too ignores them but caters to the 1%, they will lash out again especially to a public who in the resident's mind don't care about them and want a bomb dropped to kill them off.

Beetham can literally cripple Trinidad by shutting down traffic going in or out of POS. If Beetham, Sea Lots, East POS and Laventille get bright, POS will be ash.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » August 17th, 2018, 1:39 pm

The observations noted in this thread all seems to point to a public appeal to the authorities to really make a positive difference in our living circumstance and infact small resolute effort and execution seem to be all people are asking for.
People having to cope with flooding and loss of everything over and over again is just heart-rending for me to observe and the guts displayed by many citizens to keep picking-up the pieces and keep going is just amazing.
Government and other agencies (funnily manned by fellow citizens and not aliens) must stop the ole talk and help people live and smile.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 17th, 2018, 7:24 pm

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » August 18th, 2018, 8:26 am

toyolink wrote:The observations noted in this thread all seems to point to a public appeal to the authorities to really make a positive difference in our living circumstance and infact small resolute effort and execution seem to be all people are asking for.
People having to cope with flooding and loss of everything over and over again is just heart-rending for me to observe and the guts displayed by many citizens to keep picking-up the pieces and keep going is just amazing.
Government and other agencies (funnily manned by fellow citizens and not aliens) must stop the ole talk and help people live and smile.

the part in red... you amazed thats its our own ppl who screwing we over... no matter what ...??

after all that happens year in year out--every 5 yrs the revolving door that is GORTT ....you STILL amazed ???

btw one of the printed dailys had a story that the young person who kicked the water on hinds was not paid.

i didnt get time to read it..

perhaps some tuner cud post up the story.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » August 19th, 2018, 1:52 pm

VII wrote:
airuma wrote:
VII wrote:Lol Trinidad sweet,right now on FB all the Seepauls and Gopauls praising the 'misunderstood' good Beetham folk and all the Browns and Campbells cussing dem and saying they get offered HDC houses and only want to stay dey an block highway!

Oh how I love being a dougla!!

Some ah allyuh full breed on both sides dunce too bad..and right across the social scale too! Some real dunce Rajs and Browns out there...lol..

If it's one man deserve to get soak down it's Hinds,I'm a lover of order and behavior especially from Laventille people because I know the majority are good people, but he is a real set up man and deserve every drop.

I don't give a sheit who sees this and what it can do to my business because they don't do f@ck for us to work a good honest program anyway...

Take your wet Hinds,after waiting eleven hours for you and then having to hear how sleepy you were and that you will set up this and that and see our work and blah blah blah only BS from you hinds,take your wet..

How sweet T&T is that is only wet he got in arguably the most dangerous part of T&T..

People our country still not that bad..let Hinds take his cholera wetting..

I hope you maintain this position if your business suffers as a result of this! We need more people like you in our country and if you are from "the area" as your post suggest..... your preference for honest programs could be the spark that the villagers need!
BTW, I believe that the area is most misunderstood and tempted which feeds the dangerous reputation.

Got nothing to lose bro,they left us to die after they fired OAS...and he assured us "things are now different,and it won;t be business as usual" and deserved smaller contractors on the project will be noted and facilitated with honest arrangements,even suggested directives for larger contractors to include us to cut down on our own red tape,our offerings were actually superior and approved and certified for the highway by AECOM and NIDCO (I have documents) .

We genuinely thought being a positive entity from Laventille offering state of the art services at least our representative would try to at least maintain our integrity on the project and even use it to show people what's possible no matter where your'e from,even boast that your policies etc facilitated the growth etc,but nah that was too good,I was talking sheit...always maintained we want no handouts and would offer best prices etc.

And listen I ain stupid I know the party would have to get their pound of flesh,but I would never over invoice or gouge,just can't do it..I love my country,and I love Laventille and really want Laventille involved in real nation building particularly in safety and security,showed them all the socio-economic benefits and opportunity for positive influence,seriously we had programs planned for my wife and kids and counselors etc to do outreach with kids from the area and take them on learning trips etc ,had some real corporate powerhouses ready to sign on, even the then head of the IADB was impressed with my model.

I'm becoming a very bitter and cynical Trini,fighting hard caus that's not me,but I can't ignore the unnecessary pain and injury.

That's because they (all of the "senior" politicians) needs Laventille and Beetham residents the way they are. IMHO, if you try to change the situation overnight, you will not succeed, if you are able to harness the energy of the people and show them a better way that does not depend on the government, your chances will be greater. Take whatever useful they have to offer but don't depend on it. Understand the role of the "University of Woodford Square" but do it with good intentions, not "Animal Farm" politics.
My father had an annual job to paint the steel pans every year for WITCO Desperadoes before panorama, in Laventille, this was during the 80's and 90's. He even took me up there a couple times. If they were not good people, he would not have done it after the first year!

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » September 22nd, 2018, 7:21 pm

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 23rd, 2018, 12:13 am

mero wrote:Image

WTF kinda schupid country we living in boy.... beating??? the man kick up some flood water....

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Run Fitzy RUN!

Postby MaxPower » September 23rd, 2018, 12:24 am

Well, it is unfortunate...

I would say he was a brave citizen that stood up for what he thought was right....he is a hero.

But heyyyyyy, Snakey banton still voting PNM.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 23rd, 2018, 12:25 am

Reasonable apprehension of harm is the definition from common law.

It's about the same in all English-speaking countries.

Gladiator wrote:WTF kinda schupid country we living in boy.... beating??? the man kick up some flood water....

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » September 23rd, 2018, 12:50 am

I did not know he beat the man.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”