Re: Petrotrin refinery to shut down

Postby Redman » September 8th, 2018, 3:58 pm

https://energynow.tt/blog/what-is-the-l ... -companies

I am not sure if this was posted yet

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Petrotrin refinery to shut down

Postby car » September 8th, 2018, 6:33 pm

[quote="Redman"]https://energynow.tt/blog/what-is-the-likely-impact-of-the-refinery-shut-down-on-contractor-and-energy-service-companies

It could easily be over 10k people out of jobs.
I done see vendors going to complain to a slow sales this Christmas.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » September 8th, 2018, 6:48 pm

This talk about fuel prices will not increase is real nonsense. When Caroni closed down and we had to import sugar, didn't the price of sugar go up and everything as well? Look at the price of any soft drink or confectionery from then to now.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 8th, 2018, 8:40 pm

kstt wrote:This talk about fuel prices will not increase is real nonsense. When Caroni closed down and we had to import sugar, didn't the price of sugar go up and everything as well? Look at the price of any soft drink or confectionery from then to now.
Except for classic cola

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » September 8th, 2018, 9:00 pm

^^^ Still 2 dollars.
Or at least it says so on the bottle.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 8th, 2018, 9:25 pm

How allyuh does drink that bhai? Thing does smell like Iodex...:|

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 8th, 2018, 10:09 pm

PNM continue to live in Fackstickland. Do away with SF Gallicia, then look for a boat, do away with refinery, then look for fuel supply, tax people MC, then look for economic turnaround.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » September 8th, 2018, 10:16 pm

car wrote:
Redman wrote:https://energynow.tt/blog/what-is-the-likely-impact-of-the-refinery-shut-down-on-contractor-and-energy-service-companies

Every year since I know myself i hearing that same song

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » September 8th, 2018, 10:24 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:
car wrote:
Redman wrote:https://energynow.tt/blog/what-is-the-likely-impact-of-the-refinery-shut-down-on-contractor-and-energy-service-companies

Every year since I know myself i hearing that same song

Might actually be true this time.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 9th, 2018, 12:03 am

De Dragon wrote:PNM continue to live in Fackstickland. Do away with SF Gallicia, then look for a boat, do away with refinery, then look for fuel supply, tax people MC, then look for economic turnaround.

Default on those sweet loans, China look to take us over for a 99 years.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 9th, 2018, 7:18 am

http://demerarawaves.com/2018/02/10/guy ... qus_thread

demerarawaves wrote:Guyana to get oil refinery; site identified at Linden

Posted by: Denis Chabrol in Business, News February 10, 2018 8 Comments

GuyEnergy’s Operations Director, Steve Rowan (left) and Director Vidjai Doerga at their booth at GIPEX 2018

Plans are moving ahead to build a modular oil refinery to produce fuels for the Guyanese and northern Brazilian markets, with the major sources of crude expected to be from ExxonMobil or any other supplier at competitive prices, officials said Friday.

“The plan is to basically start construction at the end of this year and through next year so that the refinery is ready for operation early 2020 to coincide with first oil,” said Operations Director of the locally-registered company, GuyEnergy, Steve Rowan. He is responsible for environmental risk and impact assessments, acquiring permits and other technical evaluations including ground conditions.

The cost for building the modular refinery in Guyana is just under US$100 million. He said the feasibility study and business plan dates back to 2011- four years before ExxonMobil began discovering huge oil reserves offshore Guyana- when GuyEnergy had[size="180"] planned to import crude[/size] at the open market rate.

GuyEnergy’s Chief Executive Officer Turhane Doerga had long questioned why a government-funded expert, who had said it would have made no sense to build a US$5 billion an oil refinery in Guyana to refine 150,000 to 200,000 barrels per day, had not considered the option of building a modular refinery.

The locally-registered company, GuyEnergy, says the facility, which will be built in Linden, will have a capacity of 30,000 barrels per day. Minister of Natural Resources, Raphael Trotman has said Guyana’s daily oil consumption is 13,000 to 15,000 barrels per day. Rowan hoped that Guyana would be able to source its high-quality crude to be refined in Guyana for local consumption.

During the three-day GIPEX 2018 that wrapped up on Friday, the company told viewers at its exhibition booth that site selection, a feasibility study and preliminary design have been already completed for the project.

GuyEnergy also says that following government’s letter of no-objection tendering for plant and equipment supplies have already begun, even as funding meetings with investors are continuing. The company adds that it has already received expressions of interest from the state-owned Guyana Oil Company (GuyOil) and a Brazilian retailer to supply gasoline and diesel to 850 gas stations in northern Brazil. “One of the business reasons for the location of the refinery is that it will also supply products to northern Brazil which was supplied by Petrobras but Petrobras has broken up now,” he said, adding that the development of the Linden-Lethem road would be an incentive.

Rowan further explained that Linden has been selected as the home of the refinery because that town already has small-vessel berthing facilities that were once used for the now scrapped alumina plant, land for industrial facilities and skilled persons. “Because of the legacy of manufacturing in Linden, there is a reasonable proportion of people with technical skills, a technical institute there so the right type of people to train and bring into the process,” he said. The Operations Director said, unlike Linden, there is no appropriate location for off-loading for an oil refinery.

He said the company intends to hire 100 workers, 90 percent of whom are expected to be Guyanese who would be trained in late 2019.

The GuyEnergy Operations Director said, despite concerns about the shallowness of the Demerara River due to insufficient dredging, his company’s shallow-draft vessels would be able to sail up that waterway to the refinery. He assured that the vessels have sufficient safety mechanisms to significantly reduce the chance of an oil-spills and the high-tech refinery would include leak-detection monitoring systems.

The company official said ordinary Guyanese would be allowed to buy shares in GuyEnergy through private placement so it is “literally a Guyanese entity owned by Guyanese people”. “One of the important aspirations for us, as a company, is that within the equity structure of the firm we want to create space for Guyanese people to invest even as small shareholders,” he said.

GuyEnergy intends to apply to the Environmental Protection Agency for approvals in another six months.

The company intends to invest its profits from fossil fuel into clean energy sources such as solar, wind and hydro.

Turhane Doerga was previously head of Alesie Rice Mills, and recently he was one of the key advocates for large-scale growing of industrial hemp.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 9th, 2018, 9:43 pm

^^^ Doing what we should have done, sans the actual building of a refinery of course. We had one that could have been maintained properly, and reinvested in, but we chose to fack it away

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » September 10th, 2018, 12:21 pm

Story of an A Class Mechanic with over 21yrs experience - PETROTRIN, TRINMAR

[7:45 AM, 9/9/2018] - Last year, I found out about some serious corruption at a state owned enterprise. The money involved was in excess of two billion dollars.

I took on two major media houses (One TV one Newspaper) for running a two week campaign against a citizen of this country who had discovered the corruption and was trying to expose it. Those media houses, rather than investigate the corruption, chose to sensationalise a petty issue in order to destroy the man's reputation.

As I began taking them to task, things began happening.

A black heavily tinted Nissan Frontier was seen taking pictures of the house at the top of my street. My house is number one but actually is at the end of the street.

When confronted by the owners of the house, the driver quickly got into his vehicle and sped off.

The next week a car drove past my house, turned and the driver began taking pictures of my house even as I looked on. He drove up in front of my gate and was actually snapping me while I stood there.

I rushed into my house and pulled out my licensed air rifle and began watching him through the scope. He ignored me, drove a little higher up the street and made a phone call.

He then turned around, drove back down the street and began taking pics again.

I reported the matter to the police.

The matter of the corruption was swept under the carpet, the gentleman who was investigating it resigned and the $2BN remained in the pockets of the white collar criminals.

Last night shortly after I left my home, I was driving behind a car when suddenly another car appeared behind me. It had no headlights on. I found it strange and began watching them closely in my rear view mirror.

Suddenly, they drove right up behind me and turned their headlights on. The bright beam. They then switched them off again and drove up right on my bumper. Feeling a bit concerned, I began veering left and right in order to protect myself from any ill intent.

I then chose a spot which I knew led to a blind bend and suddenly accelerated, overtaking the vehicle in front of me. The car at the back of me began tooting it's horn at the one I had just overtaken and actually passed it around the blind and dangerous bend.

I was able to put enough distance between it and myself so as not to let them see which direction I took at the junction. I floored it from there and hid out in a back road with my headlights off.

Bear in mind that I have been exposing a lot of info and alleged intent with regards to the closure of the refinery and sending home of Petrotrin workers. The article I'm about to write this morning paints a clearer picture of all I have been saying.

Maybe someone out there doesn't want it written. I'm going to pen it nonetheless, so look out for it shortly.

Please forgive me if I retire from writing on this issue thereafter since my life seems to be on the line.
[7:46 AM, 9/9/2018] Tony Bedassie: THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE WILL BE MY LAST ON THIS ISSUE. I AM CALLING NAMES SINCE THE FACTS ARE ALL ONLINE.

Ainsley Gill and Associates LLC, a company incorporated in the District of Colombia in February of 2004. Their services were stated as- General Business, Financial and Information Technology Consultancy to Domestic Companies and Governments.

See: https://www.fara.gov/docs/5600-Exhibit-C-20090325-2.pdf

Ainsley Gill and Associates LLC was contracted by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago through then Minister of Finance Conrad Enil and Herbert Atwell, Director of Public Affairs.Note the date of the contracted period. Jan to December 2004.

The contract though was not a formal one and cost US$1.5M to be paid in four equal installments of $US375 000 on a quarterly basis.

The company was contracted to ensure and advocate proper relations between the Gov't of T&T and the US with a drive towards economic development of T&T.

See: https://www.fara.gov/docs/5600-Exhibit- ... QA7003.pdf

On February 10 2009, the same company signed a "Retainer Agreement" with the Gov't of T&T for a period of two years at a cost of four million dollars US.($4 000 000). To be billable in advance at US$500 000 on a quarterly basis.

See: https://www.fara.gov/docs/5600-Exhibit- ... 7003-2.pdf

Ainsley Gill is now the Group Chief and Director of Niquan Energy Ltd, the recently incorporated company which bought the assets of the WGTL plant at Petrotrin. The plant which cost the Government and by extension, the taxpaying people of T&T $2.9 Billion. at a reported cost of $30 Million.

Listed among the directors of this company is one Miss Allison Lewis.

Mr. Wilfed Espinet, current Chairman of Petrotrin worked together with this same lady at TCL leading up to it being sold to a private entity.

Mr. Espinet is also listed as owner of a company known as Aeromarine. It is being alleged that this company has been tipped to be given the contract to transport the fuel etc which we will be importing upon closure of the Petrotrin refinery. Note the term, ALLEGED.

Mr. Anthony Chan Tack, director of Petrotrin was also listed as a director of WGTL in 2006.
Mr. Chan Tack as a director of Petrotrin would very likely have been involved in the decision to close down the refinery.

Mr. David Small worked as the Director of Policy and International Relations at The Ministry of Energy and Energy Affairs between 2001 and 2002. He developed and implemented the Natural Gas Master Plan for T&T.

An independent Senator appointed in 2013. He is now listed as the Group Vice President of Global Services at Niquan Energy who as we said, bought the WGTL plant.

Mr. Robert Riley was listed as a director of Massy between the 17th of December 2014 and March 26th 2018. He has since been appointed together with Wilfred Espinet to be the ones responsible for the dismantling of Petrotrin and the closure of the refinery.

It is ALLEGED that the same Massy has an interest in the Assets of Petrotrin, especially the refinery.

Ask yourself these question.
Who therefore stands to benefit from the closure of the refinery and the subsequent "OPPORTUNITY ATTENTION" as stated by both the PM and the Minister of Energy?

Watch closely the events leading up to the direction chosen for our gas sector, who developed the strategies and who are currently involved in purchasing the assets of WGTL for a song.

Connect the dots my people.

"Tony Bedassie is going to hide somewhere safe."

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 10th, 2018, 1:00 pm

umm... this is too much information for our 3rd world way of life. Please return to your regular banana republic lives. Nothing happened, nothing to see here. Tomorrow sun will be hot. Or it may rain and have flood in POS.

Who going to do what with all that info, like all the other massive corruption revelations in our country's history? Just you and me paying for it with more tax. The only action that ever happened in this country was an investigation into a fake email thing that turned out to be completely made up.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » September 10th, 2018, 2:29 pm

maj. tom wrote:umm... this is too much information for our 3rd world way of life. Please return to your regular banana republic lives. Nothing happened, nothing to see here. Tomorrow sun will be hot. Or it may rain and have flood in POS.

Who going to do what with all that info, like all the other massive corruption revelations in our country's history? Just you and me paying for it with more tax. The only action that ever happened in this country was an investigation into a fake email thing that turned out to be completely made up.

Ouch. And to think, the goodly individual made these allegations while he was in Opposition, yet still, you all are swallowing everything he's saying as gospel now that he's in power.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » September 10th, 2018, 4:33 pm

If allyuh know the idiot that is Tony Bedaissee, you wouldn't take him seriously.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » September 10th, 2018, 6:46 pm

Can you believe that there are workers at Petrotrin with over 20 years service who are Temporary and will get nothing when it closes?

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Petrotrin refinery to shut down

Postby car » September 10th, 2018, 6:47 pm

kstt wrote:Can you believe that there are workers at Petrotrin with over 20 years service who are Temporary and will get nothing when it closes?

There are temps that have over 28 years of service.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » September 10th, 2018, 7:09 pm

But everybody know they sold the refinery sold to _h_ll.a whileago And everybody know employees was not a condition of the sale including all them who bumping theirs gums. Who will call a day of rest months before?

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » September 10th, 2018, 9:54 pm

car wrote:
kstt wrote:Can you believe that there are workers at Petrotrin with over 20 years service who are Temporary and will get nothing when it closes?

Wow! HR must have been worth every cent since the great OWTU didn't successfully challenge this practice. BTW, where is Errol McLeod? He give up on his people? Did he come out to rest and reflect? Was Jennifer Baptiste a part of the team that met with the unions last Thursday? Did Panday share an opinion on this?
The main interest of these union leaders is to use the union as a springboard to enter the government..... smh!

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 10th, 2018, 10:06 pm

airuma wrote:
car wrote:

Wow! HR must have been worth every cent since the great OWTU didn't successfully challenge this practice. BTW, where is Errol McLeod? He give up on his people? Did he come out to rest and reflect? Was Jennifer Baptiste a part of the team that met with the unions last Thursday? Did Panday share an opinion on this?
The main interest of these union leaders is to use the union as a springboard to enter the government..... smh!

Same thing I tell them everyday when they bad talking management.... their ultimate goal is to be in management!!!

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » September 10th, 2018, 11:40 pm

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 11th, 2018, 6:31 am

But we all sell ours skill set to the highest bidder.

So we all decide what's important in what we want from a job...and we make our choices.

Without wanting to seem to take pleasure in people losing their jobs.....28 years as a temp is a long term choice that was made.

All the employees at Petrotrin....made decisions to ignore the writing that has been on the wall for years and to stay at what is a failed entity.

All of them knew that the music had to stop.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » September 11th, 2018, 8:09 am

Curtms wrote:https://youtu.be/vAgw_Zyznx0

Wow.. just dumping the diesel into the river.

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » September 11th, 2018, 9:34 am

question for the guys working PAP, would the end of the month be it for the guys there or would they continue with a core staff and decrease as operations cease?

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » September 11th, 2018, 9:49 am

lalloboy101 wrote:question for the guys working PAP, would the end of the month be it for the guys there or would they continue with a core staff and decrease as operations cease?

Decrease operations gradually till December.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 11th, 2018, 4:03 pm

car wrote:
lalloboy101 wrote:question for the guys working PAP, would the end of the month be it for the guys there or would they continue with a core staff and decrease as operations cease?

And then poof!

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 11th, 2018, 4:20 pm

gastly369 wrote:
car wrote:

And then poof!

yuh mean TADA! a private company owns it.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”