Riding on 16's

Re: Petrotrin refinery to shut down

Postby kstt » November 16th, 2018, 8:28 am

Smiley, Riley & Wiley

DanielCW
Street 2NR

Postby DanielCW » November 16th, 2018, 8:31 am

Joshie23 yuh have real patience to deal with that man, but apparently they trying to change the narrative now since it appears they contravened the Petroleum act.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 16th, 2018, 8:44 am

*Activates Redman's Red and Ready Filter (Patent Pending) *

I still not seeing any evidence of Petrotrin hiring Wylie

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » November 16th, 2018, 8:48 am

kstt wrote:Petrotrin refinery spruced up to attract buyer

We have al­so seen some work be­ing done by Ni­Quan En­er­gy on the GTL plant. They are busy in­stalling lights

source not entirely accurate with respect to this though; no work ongoing on the NiQuan Facility currently...

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 16th, 2018, 9:14 am

tr1ad wrote:

We have al­so seen some work be­ing done by Ni­Quan En­er­gy on the GTL plant. They are busy in­stalling lights

source not entirely accurate with respect to this though; no work ongoing on the NiQuan Facility currently...

When I pass there daily I see quite a lot of activity.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » November 16th, 2018, 9:18 am

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
tr1ad wrote:

When I pass there daily I see quite a lot of activity.

currently inspection is ongoing ..

but no physical work on the facility

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » November 16th, 2018, 9:46 am

"take your rig and go"

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 16th, 2018, 11:13 am

Joshie23 wrote:
Redman wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
Redman wrote:Wiley was hired by Heritage...not Petrotrin.
It's that simple.

Redman, with all due respect (or none, as the case may be) you're either blind or your loyalty to your party has rendered you incompetent, such that you refuse to admit wrongdoing by them of any kind.

Pointman-IA wrote:You all are beating out the slime out of the calaloo with this issue.

The media would report what is being presented to the populace.

Come November 30th 2018, a new chapter begins.

Local Government and General Elections are due pretty soon.

Coupled with lack of transparency in certain decisions, poor governance and higher cost of living, would the general public vote for change?

Excellent points.

But you posted screenshot s on page 62 from the Newsday that announced Heritage hiring Wiley.

All I am saying is that Heritage hires the man.
Do you have any thing other than your opinion to indicate that it is Petrotrin that hired Wiley?

Ok so you're either failing at trolling or full-blown retarded. The screenshot posted earlier was from the same article that was posted on page 62.
Screenshot_20181115-173438_Chrome.jpg
I know you're trolling. And I'll troll back.

Not trolling...thats for children.

He was hired by Petrotrin.
My apologies.I was wrong.

If Petrotrin Heritage is the entity running the production of oil...he is the CEO of Heritage.

Didn't they also hire a CFO a while back?
Nigel Edwards?

Then it can be structured as any of the operating companies that run blocks now.
A few of whom are run largely by foreigners.

So if they put Heritage in the same structure there is precident for a foreigner to be in charge.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » November 16th, 2018, 11:45 am

Redman wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
Redman wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
Redman wrote:Wiley was hired by Heritage...not Petrotrin.
It's that simple.

Redman, with all due respect (or none, as the case may be) you're either blind or your loyalty to your party has rendered you incompetent, such that you refuse to admit wrongdoing by them of any kind.

Pointman-IA wrote:You all are beating out the slime out of the calaloo with this issue.

The media would report what is being presented to the populace.

Come November 30th 2018, a new chapter begins.

Local Government and General Elections are due pretty soon.

Coupled with lack of transparency in certain decisions, poor governance and higher cost of living, would the general public vote for change?

Excellent points.

But you posted screenshot s on page 62 from the Newsday that announced Heritage hiring Wiley.

All I am saying is that Heritage hires the man.
Do you have any thing other than your opinion to indicate that it is Petrotrin that hired Wiley?

Ok so you're either failing at trolling or full-blown retarded. The screenshot posted earlier was from the same article that was posted on page 62.
Screenshot_20181115-173438_Chrome.jpg
I know you're trolling. And I'll troll back.

Not trolling...thats for children.

He was hired by Petrotrin.
My apologies.I was wrong.

If Petrotrin Heritage is the entity running the production of oil...he is the CEO of Heritage.

Didn't they also hire a CFO a while back?
Nigel Edwards?

Then it can be structured as any of the operating companies that run blocks now.
A few of whom are run largely by foreigners.

So if they put Heritage in the same structure there is precident for a foreigner to be in charge.
You mean Nigel Campbell as the CFO.

I want to believe that the CEO position could have been on the newspaper but under a different heading.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » November 16th, 2018, 1:34 pm

tr1ad wrote:

source not entirely accurate with respect to this though; no work ongoing on the NiQ6uan Facility currently...

What is Junior Sammy doing there?

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » November 16th, 2018, 2:28 pm

kstt wrote:
tr1ad wrote:

source not entirely accurate with respect to this though; no work ongoing on the NiQ6uan Facility currently...

What is Junior Sammy doing there?

assessment, reviewing of vendor data... no construction activities

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 16th, 2018, 2:29 pm

Sounds like work to me.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » November 16th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Sounds like work to me.

same when the project was halted and they there was a staff of 5 in the building then

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » November 16th, 2018, 2:39 pm

if you want to get down to the semantics , then sure

the comment was around the statement in article regarding installation of lights (aka Work)… the article had a photo with the caption "one of the spruced up plants in the refinery"... that asset doesn't belong to Petrotrin anymore as it's a snippet of the GTL Facility

whatever sells along the lines of sensationalism I guess

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » November 16th, 2018, 4:48 pm

tr1ad wrote:if you want to get down to the semantics , then sure

the comment was around the statement in article regarding installation of lights (aka Work)… the article had a photo with the caption "one of the spruced up plants in the refinery"... that asset doesn't belong to Petrotrin anymore as it's a snippet of the GTL Facility

Funny how that works, huh...

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » November 16th, 2018, 4:49 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
tr1ad wrote:if you want to get down to the semantics , then sure

Funny how that works, huh...

If again

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 16th, 2018, 10:55 pm

hydroep wrote:We have "Guy Smiley" and now "Smiley Wiley". Perhaps that is a job requirement fuh a big wuk in the sector...:|

Warwick: Heritage CEO salary obscene
RICHARDSON DHALAI AND CARLA BRIDGLAL

Mike Wiley

OWTU chief education and research officer Ozzi Warwick has described the salary of Heritage Petroleum Company CEO Mike Wylie as “obscene” and a “contradiction” as its predecessor company Petrotrin was shut down due to financial losses.

“It is a contradiction and they are not consistent. It is obscene and really a slap in the face for the Petrotrin workers who they said could not retain due to problems at the refinery.”

During Friday’s parliamentary sitting, Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley said the new CEO is receiving a salary of US$450,000 annually or about TT $240,000 per month.

Rowley said Wylie’s remuneration was based given the nature of the assignment, international benchmarking and the running of an oil company of that size.

However, in an interview yesterday, Warwick said the remuneration package did not surprise him given the ruling party’s track record regarding Petrotrin.

“I think at this point nothing this Government does surprises me.”

And regarding the ongoing matter being heard at the Industrial Court, he said this was due to continue on Tuesday with the OWTU’s legal team expected to continue their examination of the Ministry of Finance’s permanent secretary Vishnu Dhanpaul.

He said Tuesday may be the last day as lawyers were also expected to present their final submissions before the court.

“And then we wait for the judgement. We don’t known when the quorum will deliver judgement.”

Former energy minister Kevin Ramnarine was measured in his assessment of Wiley’s compensation. “The salary seems to be significantly more than what (previous Petrotrin heads) Kenneth Allum, Khalid Hassanali and Fitzroy Harewood were paid and they had a lot more to oversee including running a refinery,” he said. Ramnarine said he couldn’t say much more, because he hadn’t seen Wiley’s qualifications, but pointed out that Trinmar– Petrotrin’s marine assets, expected to be a key component of Heritage’s assets– has been in “precipitous decline and this should concern everyone.”

Sunday Newsday also contacted Energy Chamber CEO, Dr Thackwray Driver, who declined to comment, saying it was the chamber’s position not to comment on individual appointments.

https://newsday.co.tt/2018/11/11/warwick-heritage-ceo-salary-obscene/

All this scandal, plus Av drilling, plus the contractor fuel stealing and not one fr1gg1ing person making ah jail, this is sh1thole Trinidad for ya..land where honest business people taxed into closing down and the honest thieves get away.what a pile of utter fvckery

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » November 17th, 2018, 12:31 am

ingalook wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
car wrote:
ingalook wrote:Have they stated how much they are paying a litre for the imported gas? That is one of the most important questions that needs answering...

I want to see the specs of the gas. Wouldn’t be surprised if they bringing 90 and saying is 92.

I find it hilarious that people who don't drive their own vehicles or at least buy their own fuel regularly have the gall to say that people's notion about the super burning faster is a misconception or mischief. To answer ingalook, it is an important question, but by the time the short-term contract with BP expires, we'll have a new owner for the refinery and the Gov't will announce that they held talks with the new owners to defer their taxes on the condition that they (the new owner) supplies the local and regional market with fuel made by the refinery and purchase our local crude. Gov't looks good all around. Imagine Clarence Rambharat trying to coerce the public into converting to CNG because 'it's the only fuel source (natural gas) we have control over, because we're not insulated against international market conditions with the importing of fuel..', but didn't we have..our own refinery, ergo our own, secure source of fuel??

http://www.cnc3.co.tt/business-watch/bu ... wFQe-HNSZk

On another note, did anyone get to check out the debate last night?

It seems they have been playing smart with stupidness...

just like that the "Bullet payment" that was supposed to bankrupt the country has been refinanced (which we were just told was impossible)

The "fuel subsidy" has been used by successive Governments as a way to admonish the citizenry and show how benevolent their government has been... but what they never tell you is the "COST" they always quote and on which the fuel subsidy is calculated is VAT INCLUSIVE... who might I ask the government of T&T is paying this VAT to?

So in the 2019 budget when Imbert says that the current cost of a liter of Super was $5.40 to government he is lying - the actual cost is $4.80 - the GOVTT is making a PROFIT on the sale of super of a cool 17 cents (Which I might add, is against the law)

The subsidy has thus been significantly OVERSTATED over the last few years because of this, and was one of the weapons in the Government's arsenal used in the shut-down of the refinery... these figures have been mindlessly parroted by people who should know better like Dr. Roger Hosien who have let themselves become 'useful idiots" for this administration...

Very soon there will be shortages at the pump, then the price of fuel will rise... then we will beg the government to sell the refinery to get gasoline flowing again...

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » November 17th, 2018, 2:42 pm

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » November 18th, 2018, 9:24 am

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » November 18th, 2018, 9:36 am

kstt wrote:MORE BOBOL!

https://buff.ly/2TmRpZ9

The new medical plan is to be administered by Global Financial Brokers.

The government had setup an advisory committee to get a plan for the employees. On that committee there is a CEO of a certain company. Guess which company? Clue=GFB

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » November 19th, 2018, 7:57 am

IMG-20181118-WA0007.jpg

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » November 19th, 2018, 2:21 pm

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 19th, 2018, 8:31 pm

So the union win means.....they get brought up to speed but nothing changes.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » November 19th, 2018, 8:36 pm

Redman wrote:So the union win means.....they get brought up to speed but nothing changes.

Tell Reginald and Seenath that. I mean, being Senior Counsel means your money 'correct', but would they really appeal 'nothing'..?? They like appeals that much??

*laughs in Senior Counsel*
Last edited by Joshie23 on November 20th, 2018, 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 19th, 2018, 10:44 pm

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » November 19th, 2018, 11:17 pm

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 20th, 2018, 7:12 am

I thought the govt was paying the lump sum terminal benefits?
If they are it isn't coming from the fund.
Which is it?

The letter is a snapshot of a discussion

Projected deficit s can be remedied with cash injections.

Ask NIB.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » November 20th, 2018, 1:50 pm

The true cost of the Petrotrin winding-up is going to be known years down-the-road, and its going to be a real whopper.
Unlike Clico, the state financial recovery possibilities is nought.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » November 20th, 2018, 1:54 pm

^^Dude! Maybe by then we can do like the Mericans and make a movie about it???

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”