Forums

Petrotrin refinery shut down

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Re: Petrotrin refinery to shut down

Postby Ben_spanna » January 15th, 2019, 12:31 pm

And what of the charges Against AV drillin by Petrotrin??? oh lemme guess all forgotten??

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 15th, 2019, 8:49 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:And what of the charges Against AV drillin by Petrotrin??? oh lemme guess all forgotten??

Dead like JUHN Scarfy brains...........

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » January 16th, 2019, 8:08 pm

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 16th, 2019, 9:13 pm

^^^ But Sahadeo was the one who started the ball rolling just before the seabridge crisis at the port authority

LOL

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 16th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Payback for the SWAHA vote?... :?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 17th, 2019, 7:33 am

The_Honourable wrote:^^^ But Sahadeo was the one who started the ball rolling just before the seabridge crisis at the port authority

LOL

last nite i kinda went reading over the superfast thread cause of that. real real real crap went on, that i totally forgot about... ocean flower 2

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 17th, 2019, 7:33 am

^^ i bumping it...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 17th, 2019, 7:49 am

are we fully supplied by imported fuel now ?

Melchizedek
Street 2NR

Postby Melchizedek » January 17th, 2019, 12:29 pm

excepting for regular

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 17th, 2019, 2:56 pm

sMASH wrote:^^ i bumping it...

Well done!

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby Redman » January 19th, 2019, 1:32 pm

So the Min of Energy is saying the 4 or 5 shipments of crude have been sold at WTI plus....which is remarkable...and by remarkable I mean fkin impossible.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » January 19th, 2019, 1:37 pm

Redman wrote:So the Min of Energy is saying the 4 or 5 shipments of crude have been sold at WTI plus....which is remarkable...and by remarkable I mean fkin impossible.

Ask your friends how much daily production is now nah.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » January 19th, 2019, 3:00 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
Redman wrote:So the Min of Energy is saying the 4 or 5 shipments of crude have been sold at WTI plus....which is remarkable...and by remarkable I mean fkin impossible.

How much?

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » January 19th, 2019, 3:02 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:

How much?

As low as 3000 bpd. Last I heard was 9k. Spot values but still way lower than the 40k end of November.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » January 19th, 2019, 3:17 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:

How much?

As low as 3000 bpd. Last I heard was 9k. Spot values but still way lower than the 40k end of November.
Damn

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 19th, 2019, 8:22 pm

But Khan say they sell 4 or 5 cargoes of
350k bbls + ...
All for WTI +

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » January 19th, 2019, 8:55 pm

Redman wrote:But Khan say they sell 4 or 5 cargoes of
350k bbls + ...
All for WTI +

Fake oil strikes again.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 19th, 2019, 9:21 pm

So im quoting a very close friend here after having a discussion with him pertaining to his new job at heritage and well the gas we importing

"If allyuh think we gas was bad...it is way worse than before,no matter how much tests we run it is pure sheit, and yes it is burning faster"

Just so you all know

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » January 19th, 2019, 9:23 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:So im quoting a very close friend here after having a discussion with him pertaining to his new job at heritage and well the gas we importing

"If allyuh think we gas was bad...it is way worse than before,no matter how much tests we run it is pure sheit, and yes it is burning faster"

Just so you all know
So im just quoting the PM after seeing him speak for 3 going into 4 years

IS KAMEHLAH FAULT.....

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 19th, 2019, 9:24 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:So im quoting a very close friend here after having a discussion with him pertaining to his new job at heritage and well the gas we importing

Just so you all know
Yup the great con job.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » January 22nd, 2019, 6:18 am

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/fuel-sup ... b5808bbcc6

As warned, like everything else we were warned about, internationally priced fuel coming!

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » January 22nd, 2019, 11:48 am

gastly369 wrote:

Just so you all know
So im just quoting the PM after seeing him speak for 3 going into 4 years

IS KAMEHLAH FAULT.....
Thanks for a cool idea to make a joke/meme . I might get sued tho?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 22nd, 2019, 11:59 am

kstt wrote:http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/fuel-suppliers-demand-up-front-payment-6.2.762216.b5808bbcc6

As warned, like everything else we were warned about, internationally priced fuel coming!
It is time for foreign gas stations to open in Trinidad , open the market now

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » January 22nd, 2019, 12:35 pm

zoom rader wrote:
kstt wrote:http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/fuel-suppliers-demand-up-front-payment-6.2.762216.b5808bbcc6

It is time for foreign gas stations to open in Trinidad , open the market now

I better pull out meh BMX and tune it up yes...

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 22nd, 2019, 3:22 pm

International prices,foreign retailer s have been on the books since the 90s ....Exxon built Peakes in anticipation of Bas freeing up the market

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » January 22nd, 2019, 4:00 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:And what of the charges Against AV drillin by Petrotrin??? oh lemme guess all forgotten??
My guess is they would suffer the same fate as Boodoosingh for the trucking scandal. I see works inside the compound picked back up. Not sure what they up to.....

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 22nd, 2019, 4:20 pm

Yup, they know that Trinis are attached to their vehicles so after the initial beatup people will pony up and pay whatever the cost at the pump.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 23rd, 2019, 3:13 am

Sando becoming a shantytown—West
Gail Alexander

San Fer­nan­do seems to be be­com­ing more and more of a shan­ty­town.

That’s the view of Min­is­ter in the Min­istry of Fi­nance, Allyson West, who claimed to be a proud south­ern­er.

Speak­ing in Tues­day’s Sen­ate de­bate on Petrotrin’s re­fin­ery clo­sure, she said she was a “proud mem­ber of San Fer­nan­do” hav­ing grown up there with “pride and hope pro­pelled by the ex­is­tence of Tex­a­co and Petrotrin.”

But she added, “When I said I was a proud south­ern­er when I lived in South, San Fer­nan­do was boom­ing, it was bright, grow­ing with de­vel­op­ment.”

“In the last cou­ple years when I’ve dri­ven to San Fer­nan­do, I’ve been dis­tressed by the fact that San Fer­nan­do seems to be be­com­ing more and more of a shan­ty­town—there’s no growth, no de­vel­op­ment, you’re not see­ing the pros­per­i­ty that Tex­a­co and Petrotrin brought at that time.”

West said that was a re­flec­tion of what was hap­pen­ing to Petrotrin as the lead­ing in­dus­try in the area. She said San Fer­nan­do need­ed an in­jec­tion if it is to con­tin­ue to grow.

West said she al­so had fam­i­ly in Petrotrin and her broth­er was in charge of the Cat­alyt­ic (CAT) crack­er and had once been in­jured in an ac­ci­dent years ago.

“So I’m per­son­al­ly aware of the is­sues. It’s not that we weren’t aware of the is­sues or not car­ing or con­cerned about em­ploy­ees,” she said, adding Gov­ern­ment was faced with a tough de­ci­sion that had to be made.

West ad­mit­ted there was an ad­verse im­pact on em­ploy­ees, but not­ed mea­sures were im­ple­ment­ed for them.

She ar­gued that half of Petrotrin em­ploy­ees were mil­len­ni­als and stud­ies showed these peo­ple hop from job to job and they might have been less ad­verse to clo­sure es­pe­cial­ly since they got lump sums.

“We have a group who wasn’t com­mit­ted to stay­ing in a job for life and would have wel­comed the op­por­tu­ni­ty for change and try new things,” she said.

West de­tailed how work­ers’ is­sues were be­ing ad­dressed, adding the av­er­age pay­out per em­ploy­ee was $520,000 in the to­tal $2.7 bn ter­mi­na­tion pack­age. West said at least 1,000 would be em­ployed at the new Her­itage and Paria Fu­el Trad­ing com­pa­nies plus out­sourc­ing of jobs.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/sando-becoming-a-shantytownwest-6.2.763127.cb7b465f66

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 23rd, 2019, 3:46 am

Wade in ‘SlaveMaster’ row
Sean Douglas

OPPOSITION Senator Wade Mark alleged a modern day “slave master” had helped shut Petrotrin so as to reduce jobs in the local energy-sector to a slavery-like state, prompting an upset Senate President Christine Kangaloo to tell him to rein in his language. It all happened as the Senate yesterday debated an Opposition motion critical of the Government’s shut-down of Petrotrin.

He alleged that on the advice of former bpTT head Robert Riley, the foreign firm Mc Kinsey was hired to examine Petrotrin, but the intention was to do a hatchet job on the firm thatwas opposed by one true patriot. “The new plantation owner of Trinidad and Tobago, the new Calder Hart, who lives in both Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago...” Kangaloo interrupted to say he may talk but must show restraint in speaking of people away from the Senate.

Mark re-doubled his efforts. “I’m talking about a new slave owner.” Kangaloo rose, chiding, “Senator Mark! Please.”

Mark sat, raised his hand in apologetic appeal. He conceded, “All right, I’m talking about a planter owner, a new planter class. Is that okay Ma’am?”

Kangaloo shot up again. “I’m asking just for restraint. You are speaking about persons who are not members of this house and cannot defend themselves.

“I’m just asking you...I’m not preventing you from saying what you have to say but please exercise some restraint.”

A defiant Mark stood erect and gestured towards Kangaloo intricately with his hand. “I want to tell the President of the Senate...” Kangaloo reined him in. She said, “Please, please. No Senator Mark, I have not finished. I’m not preventing you from raising your point. I’m not preventing you from raising the names you want to call. “I am asking you, though, to stop the hyperbole (in) some of what you are raising here. Exercise some restraint. Please!”

Hitting the Government for firing 6,000 workers and so ruining the lives of 100,000 people, Mark said he was standing up for workers.

Getting into a row with a female minister, he said the Opposition would win any snap general election called by the Government. Mark alleged a fire sale of assets of Petrotrin has begun. He expected 300 bungalows to be sold to the Government’s friends and family, plus other property recently vested in Petrotrin’s name, including St Peter’s Church.

He named the firm importing refined gasoline to TT as BP International Sales and Trading (BPIST.) “The Government crashed the refinery and gave the contract to BPIST to bring in diesel. We don’t know how this was done because the procurement law is still to be proclaimed.”

Mark said the top oil-broker exporting TT crude-oil was Trafigura some of whose former officials were now charged with corruption in Brazil in a scandal involving political bribery and former president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva.

Presumably addressing Energy Minister Franklin Khan, Mark said, “Minister, be careful who you bring here to sell our crude.” Mark asked if crude-oil exported from TT (and so bypassing the Petrotrin refinery) is being refinery at the United States Gulf Coast and then being re-imported to TT.

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/01/23/wade-in-slavemaster-row/

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 23rd, 2019, 10:06 am

So Touchstone is saying that they have no delays in the sale of their crude produced here.
theyre increasing production.

last week they confirmed increasing reserves in anticipation of their 2019 drilling program

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 10.04.17 AM.png

So November production is 55,800 BOPD- lets see how or IF they continue this reporting

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”