TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Petrotrin refinery shut down

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 16032
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby zoom rader » August 27th, 2019, 10:56 am

Redman wrote:Well if you want to bleat about experience-go ahead.
If you want to pretend that state enterprise boards are not staffed by POLITICAL appointees -whose sole directive is to follow PARTY policy then go ahead.

If you cant understand that Im agreeing that the new appointees are in fact POLITICAL LIKE EVERY OTHER CHAIR OF EVERY OTHER STATE ENTERPRISE EVAAAAARRRRR.....then it eh only typical PNM people that have jack arse tendencies.
Yup its only PNM that shut down industries.

Caroni, Gone
Petrotrin, Gone

Advertisement
Redman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6670
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby Redman » August 27th, 2019, 11:27 am

when you find out that the fella leasing the Crushing assets (that just there rotting)is the fella importing sugar and is the fella that is Tanty Kams bed and breakfast.
AND HE IS THE SAME FELLA THAT MANNING WAS TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT WITH.

Kams could have saved the entire Cane Farming population.But she sell out to the importers
Ask Dooks.

At some point you will see the abject stupidity of the whole PNM/UNC thing that you embedded in.

User avatar
zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 16032
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby zoom rader » August 27th, 2019, 11:40 am

Redman wrote:when you find out that the fella leasing the Crushing assets (that just there rotting)is the fella importing sugar and is the fella that is Tanty Kams bed and breakfast.

Kams could have saved the entire Cane Farming population.But she sell out to the importers
Ask Dooks.

At some point you will see the abject stupidity of the whole PNM/UNC thing that you embedded in.
Bro

PNM killed sugar and thats be all and end all.

Non PNM goverments had nothing to do with shutting down of caroni and Petrotrin.

You pulling at straws defending a MC jackarse of a PNM government

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8583
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby rspann » August 27th, 2019, 11:54 am

Redman wrote:when you find out that the fella leasing the Crushing assets (that just there rotting)is the fella importing sugar and is the fella that is Tanty Kams bed and breakfast.
AND HE IS THE SAME FELLA THAT MANNING WAS TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT WITH.

Kams could have saved the entire Cane Farming population.But she sell out to the importers
Ask Dooks.

At some point you will see the abject stupidity of the whole PNM/UNC thing that you embedded in.



Gopaul luck is not Seepaul luck.

Redman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6670
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby Redman » August 27th, 2019, 12:36 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Redman wrote:when you find out that the fella leasing the Crushing assets (that just there rotting)is the fella importing sugar and is the fella that is Tanty Kams bed and breakfast.

Kams could have saved the entire Cane Farming population.But she sell out to the importers
Ask Dooks.

At some point you will see the abject stupidity of the whole PNM/UNC thing that you embedded in.
Bro

PNM killed sugar and thats be all and end all.

Non PNM goverments had nothing to do with shutting down of caroni and Petrotrin.

You pulling at straws defending a MC jackarse of a PNM government



Not in the least-ive been saying that they are all the same-but whatever makes you happy.

kstt
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1276
Joined: February 3rd, 2013, 10:27 pm

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby kstt » August 28th, 2019, 8:44 am

Will the new appointment further compromise the fake oil case?

vaiostation
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 870
Joined: January 5th, 2017, 9:22 pm

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby vaiostation » September 3rd, 2019, 7:10 am

Heritage gets interim CEO


State-owned Her­itage Pe­tro­le­um has an­nounced the ap­point­ment of for­mer bpTT ex­ec­u­tive Ar­lene Chow as its in­ter­im Chief Ex­ec­u­tive Of­fi­cer.

Chow as­sumed du­ties from to­day pend­ing the re­cruit­ment of a per­ma­nent CEO to re­place for­mer CEO, Mike Wylie. She was the Chief Op­er­at­ing Of­fi­cer of At­lantic LNG up to her re­tire­ment in De­cem­ber last year.

The Of­fice of the Prime Min­is­ter in a re­cent state­ment said it would ter­mi­nate the con­tract of Wylie who is cur­rent­ly in the Unit­ed States seek­ing treat­ment for can­cer.

Wylie, an Amer­i­can oil and gas pro­fes­sion­al, was ap­point­ed last No­vem­ber fol­low­ing for­mer state oil com­pa­ny Petrotrin's re­struc­tur­ing in­to dis­tinct up­stream and down­stream op­er­a­tions.

Her­itage is re­spon­si­ble for in­creas­ing oil pro­duc­tion. Along with Paria Fu­el Trad­ing Co Ltd and Guaracara Re­fin­ing Co Ltd, it is al­so one of the guar­an­tors for Trinidad Pe­tro­le­um Hold­ing's (TPH's) debt which it as­sumed af­ter it in­her­it­ed the re­struc­tured Petrotrin debt.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/heritage ... 8ccc7ebf50

I remember her when Shell took over Atlantic LNG. Perhaps government setting things up so when Shell take over de refinery, they will have a familiar face?

She is a very competent person to reach where she is today, but I wonder if she will play the games, that the government may want her to?

User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11190
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby De Dragon » September 4th, 2019, 12:47 am

Redman wrote:Well if you want to bleat about experience-go ahead.
If you want to pretend that state enterprise boards are not staffed by POLITICAL appointees -whose sole directive is to follow PARTY policy then go ahead.

If you cant understand that Im agreeing that the new appointees are in fact POLITICAL LIKE EVERY OTHER CHAIR OF EVERY OTHER STATE ENTERPRISE EVAAAAARRRRR.....then it eh only typical PNM people that have jack arse tendencies.

Here is where you need to stop, because your whataboutism, and incapability to blame the PNM without UNC/NAR/COP in the same breath your renders your comments hollow. While PP did a pile of nonsense, PT was shut by a PNM Gov't and they are now shamelessly bringing in their conflicted lawyer to run what he has no business to run.

User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11190
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby De Dragon » September 4th, 2019, 12:55 am

Redman wrote:when you find out that the fella leasing the Crushing assets (that just there rotting)is the fella importing sugar and is the fella that is Tanty Kams bed and breakfast.
AND HE IS THE SAME FELLA THAT MANNING WAS TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT WITH.

Kams could have saved the entire Cane Farming population.But she sell out to the importers
Ask Dooks.

At some point you will see the abject stupidity of the whole PNM/UNC thing that you embedded in.

Clearly you've not seen what has become of the factories at Brechin Castle and Ste. Madeleine :? Those factories, already decades old, were allowed to fall into utter ruin. Nothing short of a massive injection of cash to basically rebuild them would even begin to restart the industry.
I love how all of a sudden you're the one advocating for equivalency for the PNM/UNC, when you still can't bring yourself to level anything more than mild rebukes of PNM kantery. then again your role model is Almighty JUHN, who likes to talk to people and could only bring himself to fire Two Plate after she was arrested.

Redman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6670
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby Redman » September 4th, 2019, 11:17 am

vaiostation wrote:Heritage gets interim CEO


State-owned Her­itage Pe­tro­le­um has an­nounced the ap­point­ment of for­mer bpTT ex­ec­u­tive Ar­lene Chow as its in­ter­im Chief Ex­ec­u­tive Of­fi­cer.

Chow as­sumed du­ties from to­day pend­ing the re­cruit­ment of a per­ma­nent CEO to re­place for­mer CEO, Mike Wylie. She was the Chief Op­er­at­ing Of­fi­cer of At­lantic LNG up to her re­tire­ment in De­cem­ber last year.

The Of­fice of the Prime Min­is­ter in a re­cent state­ment said it would ter­mi­nate the con­tract of Wylie who is cur­rent­ly in the Unit­ed States seek­ing treat­ment for can­cer.

Wylie, an Amer­i­can oil and gas pro­fes­sion­al, was ap­point­ed last No­vem­ber fol­low­ing for­mer state oil com­pa­ny Petrotrin's re­struc­tur­ing in­to dis­tinct up­stream and down­stream op­er­a­tions.

Her­itage is re­spon­si­ble for in­creas­ing oil pro­duc­tion. Along with Paria Fu­el Trad­ing Co Ltd and Guaracara Re­fin­ing Co Ltd, it is al­so one of the guar­an­tors for Trinidad Pe­tro­le­um Hold­ing's (TPH's) debt which it as­sumed af­ter it in­her­it­ed the re­struc­tured Petrotrin debt.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/heritage ... 8ccc7ebf50

I remember her when Shell took over Atlantic LNG. Perhaps government setting things up so when Shell take over de refinery, they will have a familiar face?

She is a very competent person to reach where she is today, but I wonder if she will play the games, that the government may want her to?


Interim-she doesnt have to last too long-Im sure she will be happy to leave by the time they done with her.

User avatar
hydroep
punchin NOS
Posts: 4275
Joined: February 4th, 2007, 9:16 pm

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby hydroep » September 4th, 2019, 11:14 pm

Moonilal tells Franklin Khan: Clear the air on Arlene Chow
Seeta Persad

MP for Oropouche East Dr Roodal Moonilal has called for Energy Minister Franklin Khan to immediately clarify the role of Arlene Chow, who he said had been appointed in a “most dubious and suspicious manner.”

Speaking at the UNC’s Pavement Report meeting at the Rio Claro Presbyterian School on Wednesday night, Moonilal said there is continued corruption at the Heritage Petroleum Company Ltd (HPCL).

“Since 2015 Petrotrin has been a playground for the incompetent to serve the corrupt,” he charged.
Two advertisements contradict each other, Moonilal said, as the company issued a newsletter saying Chow is the new CEO of HPCL, while the communications officer said she was the interim CEO.
"There can be no interim CEO who is recruited externally. Such a position is normally filled by an internal manager," he said.

So if Chow is a substantive CEO, Moonilal asked ,when was the position advertised? When did interviews take place? Who interviewed candidates? What is Chow’s compensation?

He wants Khan to tell the country whether she is temporary or permanent.

Either way, he asked, how did she get this position? Is Chow reporting to the board of Heritage or its chairman, Michael Quamina?

It seems Chow is a “concussion sub,” he said – a substitute who comes out to bat for an injured player, as Jermaine Blackwood did for Darren Bravo in the second West Indies vs India Test match.

“The PNM busy putting party hacks on executive positions in the Petrotrin descendant companies,” he declared. “It’s square pegs in round holes all over.

"They doing this to ensure that they sell off the valuable assets of the oil industry. Their party financiers and wheeler-dealers are queuing up salivating at the trough in heat, anticipating the asset-stripping show that is imminent . They want to get their paws on the multi-billion-dollar refinery.”

Moonilal demanded “on behalf of the people” that Keith Rowley and his “minions and personal lawyers keep their hands off the assets of the people, in the few days they have left.

"I demand that they do not sell off…even a Bic ballpoint pen owned by the people.”


https://newsday.co.tt/2019/09/04/moonilal-tells-franklin-khan-clear-the-air-on-arlene-chow/

User avatar
hydroep
punchin NOS
Posts: 4275
Joined: February 4th, 2007, 9:16 pm

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby hydroep » September 20th, 2019, 5:37 pm

OWTU wins Pointe-a-Pierre refinery with US$700m bid
Elizabeth Gonzales

THE Oilfield Workers Trade Union (OWTU) has won the bid for the Pointe-a-Pierre refinery with a US$700 million offer which Government has accepted, Finance Minister Colm Imbert announced this afternoon.

The former Petrotrin refinery operations – now called Guaracara Refining Company Ltd– was sold to Patriotic Energies and Technologies Co Ltd, which is wholly-owned by the OWTU.

Imbert made the announcement in Parliament saying Government saw Patriotic as the most suitable buyer over Beowulf Energy and a third company, Klesch.

Imbert said from the results for the request for proposals for the sale of the refinery, Patriotic was the only bidder that offered an upfront consideration of US$700 million. Beowulf offered a US$42 million lease per month over a 15-year term and the Klesch proposal indicated the only payment to Government would be through taxes.


https://newsday.co.tt/2019/09/20/owtu-group-wins-pointe-a-pierre-refinery-with-us700m-bid/

User avatar
VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12583
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 10:23 am
Location: ���

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 20th, 2019, 5:44 pm

hydroep wrote:
OWTU wins Pointe-a-Pierre refinery with US$700m bid
Elizabeth Gonzales

THE Oilfield Workers Trade Union (OWTU) has won the bid for the Pointe-a-Pierre refinery with a US$700 million offer which Government has accepted, Finance Minister Colm Imbert announced this afternoon.

The former Petrotrin refinery operations – now called Guaracara Refining Company Ltd– was sold to Patriotic Energies and Technologies Co Ltd, which is wholly-owned by the OWTU.

Imbert made the announcement in Parliament saying Government saw Patriotic as the most suitable buyer over Beowulf Energy and a third company, Klesch.

Imbert said from the results for the request for proposals for the sale of the refinery, Patriotic was the only bidder that offered an upfront consideration of US$700 million. Beowulf offered a US$42 million lease per month over a 15-year term and the Klesch proposal indicated the only payment to Government would be through taxes.


https://newsday.co.tt/2019/09/20/owtu-group-wins-pointe-a-pierre-refinery-with-us700m-bid/
Wut

User avatar
snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 948
Joined: March 22nd, 2007, 7:37 am

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby snypaz » September 20th, 2019, 5:52 pm

How could they even afford that? Also a upfront payment?

Numb3r4
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1352
Joined: May 22nd, 2013, 8:48 am
Location: Fyzabad

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby Numb3r4 » September 20th, 2019, 5:54 pm

^^^ That has to be most amount of money spent to buy votes in one fell swoop.

Well I'm glad...I guess.

That is somewhat good.

User avatar
VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12583
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 10:23 am
Location: ���

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 20th, 2019, 5:55 pm

PNM just won the 2020 election

User avatar
zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 16032
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby zoom rader » September 20th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:^^^ That has to be most amount of money spent to buy votes in one fell swoop.

Well I'm glad...I guess.

That is somewhat good.
Well its not 99% money spending

Just as I keep telling you all trade unions are a sub division of PNM

They got paid when PNM stole elections and now they got another set of money given to them.

But don't worry now capped wells will be opened

User avatar
zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 16032
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby zoom rader » September 20th, 2019, 6:06 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:PNM just won the 2020 election
Are you surprised? I told all you this last year, ask Redman


PNM trade unions just stole the elections
Last edited by zoom rader on September 20th, 2019, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vaiostation
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 870
Joined: January 5th, 2017, 9:22 pm

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby vaiostation » September 20th, 2019, 6:09 pm

Ah hope men have they application inside...

bluefete
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6314
Joined: November 12th, 2008, 10:56 pm
Location: POS

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby bluefete » September 20th, 2019, 6:37 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:^^^ That has to be most amount of money spent to buy votes in one fell swoop.

Well I'm glad...I guess.

That is somewhat good.
Well its not 99% money spending

Just as I keep telling you all trade unions are a sub division of PNM

They got paid when PNM stole elections and now they got another set of money given to them.

But don't worry now capped wells will be opened



OWTU partnered with a firm in Spain to put together their bid. I wondered why Smiley said around July 2019 that an international firm would get the bid.

Anyway, let's see how they run it.


speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2342
Joined: October 1st, 2011, 7:15 pm
Location: counting stars..

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby speedmelter » September 20th, 2019, 7:19 pm

According to the newsday, the minister Imbert said that Beowulf offered to lease it at $42 million USD per month for 15 years. That’s 7.56 billion usd over that period and could cover the 700 mill owtu paid in 17 months. Why would they not accept that deal?

neilsingh100
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 630
Joined: November 20th, 2007, 9:09 am

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby neilsingh100 » September 20th, 2019, 7:24 pm

OWTU bid seems too good to be true when compared to the other bids. The next hurdle for them is to show they can raise the US$700 million.

neilsingh100
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 630
Joined: November 20th, 2007, 9:09 am

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby neilsingh100 » September 20th, 2019, 7:31 pm

speedmelter wrote:According to the newsday, the minister Imbert said that Beowulf offered to lease it at $42 million USD per month for 15 years. That’s 7.56 billion usd over that period and could cover the 700 mill owtu paid in 17 months. Why would they not accept that deal?
Beowulf offered US$42,000/month for 15 years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwtb6FgTLkg&t=180m40s

K_J_R
Street 2NR
Posts: 93
Joined: January 11th, 2015, 12:43 pm

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby K_J_R » September 20th, 2019, 7:55 pm

Jun 2019 - "He said that no lo­cal com­pa­ny could han­dle the size and com­plex­i­ty of the old Pointe-a-Pierre Re­fin­ery".

""Guaracara Re­fin­ing and ter­mi­nalling (stor­age) fa­cil­i­ties is very like­ly to be leased to a pri­vate op­er­a­tor. Very like­ly, an in­ter­na­tion­al op­er­a­tor be­cause there is no in­dige­nous ca­pac­i­ty to run a re­fin­ery of that size and com­plex­i­ty. We will be fo­cus­ing on Her­itage," Khan said"

http://guardian.co.tt/news/owtu-wants-c ... c99b90e5ea


http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/foreign- ... 3e58e4c6e3
Last edited by K_J_R on September 20th, 2019, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Country_Bookie
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2202
Joined: September 2nd, 2008, 1:14 pm
Location: Beating the sky with broken wings
Contact:

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby Country_Bookie » September 20th, 2019, 7:57 pm

We shall overcome some day........

This is gonna be interesting, assuming they actually have the 700m. Who do the workers turn to when they have a grievance with management??

Will they hire the best ppl for the jobs or will it be eat a food mentality gone wild??

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2342
Joined: October 1st, 2011, 7:15 pm
Location: counting stars..

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby speedmelter » September 20th, 2019, 7:58 pm

neilsingh100 wrote:
speedmelter wrote:According to the newsday, the minister Imbert said that Beowulf offered to lease it at $42 million USD per month for 15 years. That’s 7.56 billion usd over that period and could cover the 700 mill owtu paid in 17 months. Why would they not accept that deal?
Beowulf offered US$42,000/month for 15 years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwtb6FgTLkg&t=180m40s


Yes same thing I just asked, Beowulf don’t wanna purchase and paying more than ten times the amount owtu paying just to lease. Why didn’t they do that route?

User avatar
snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 948
Joined: March 22nd, 2007, 7:37 am

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby snypaz » September 20th, 2019, 8:25 pm

*$42,000 not 42 million. I was also wondering about this but Colm was clear.
speedmelter wrote:According to the newsday, the minister Imbert said that Beowulf offered to lease it at $42 million USD per month for 15 years. That’s 7.56 billion usd over that period and could cover the 700 mill owtu paid in 17 months. Why would they not accept that deal?

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12525
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby sMASH » September 20th, 2019, 8:40 pm

any other investors?

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2342
Joined: October 1st, 2011, 7:15 pm
Location: counting stars..

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby speedmelter » September 20th, 2019, 8:41 pm

snypaz wrote:*$42,000 not 42 million. I was also wondering about this but Colm was clear.
speedmelter wrote:According to the newsday, the minister Imbert said that Beowulf offered to lease it at $42 million USD per month for 15 years. That’s 7.56 billion usd over that period and could cover the 700 mill owtu paid in 17 months. Why would they not accept that deal?


Ok that clears it up. sheit reporting by the press as usual I guess

Redman
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6670
Joined: August 19th, 2004, 2:48 pm

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby Redman » September 20th, 2019, 9:05 pm

zoom rader wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:PNM just won the 2020 election
Are you surprised? I told all you this last year, ask Redman


PNM trade unions just stole the elections



No they eh steal anything.
They about to pay 700M

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: maj. tom, shaneelal and 83 guests