this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Re: Petrotrin refinery to shut down

Postby tr1ad » October 13th, 2018, 1:37 am

sMASH wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
lalloboy101 wrote:Lisa ali was our former hr, a no nonsense person. She scared the hell out a me. She has vast experience like this, forming joint ventures and reorganizing. Last I spoke to her , she was the VP of hr for bp south America

She's come a long way since Laboratory Head at PPSL.

PPSL?
it was PPSL that was the consultant engineering firm for WGTL.

PPSL was the "operations" team for WGTL
Engineering was Ventech

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 13th, 2018, 5:42 am

tr1ad wrote:
sMASH wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
lalloboy101 wrote:Lisa ali was our former hr, a no nonsense person. She scared the hell out a me. She has vast experience like this, forming joint ventures and reorganizing. Last I spoke to her , she was the VP of hr for bp south America

PPSL?

Engineering was Ventech

Dese youth and dem eh! :lol: :lol:
PPSL was the original name of the company hired to run the Caribbean Methanol Plant (M2) in 1992. When the two principals of that company acrimoniously parted ways shortly after, one of those principals created IPSL, and the other remained with PPSL.

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » October 13th, 2018, 6:02 am

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » October 13th, 2018, 6:36 am

Pointman-IA wrote:
vaiostation wrote:
tr1ad wrote:
alfa wrote:So for all who claim Petrotrin workers getting the best severance package and millions of dollars this a letter of termination collected by my friend. She made 10 years temporary and 5 years permanent and going home with 68 thousand dollars. There is a small backpay yet to come for 2011 to 2014

Tell her show you the full letter...

3 years calculating to 68k for that period ...
Then there's back pay, vacation leave etc
According to the letter... Do the math (or read again)

So either she eh sure when she start, or is misinformation spreading again

I've got a realative that worked there who retired recently. He had about 12 years temporary and 8 permanent. Got about 2 mil. Pension about 8g's.
I think a lot has to do with the rank the person retires at.

Have a family friend who is a supervisor in petro. With about 20+ yrs permanent. He got about 4mil with pension about 16g's.

All this is before tax.
12 years temporary and 8 years permanent?

Did he buy back pensionable years?

Yes, he did buy back years.

neilsingh100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby neilsingh100 » October 13th, 2018, 6:37 am

Heritage Petroleum Company...that is a lame name and does not convey the feeling of new agile company as Lisa Ali described.

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » October 13th, 2018, 6:42 am

shaneelal wrote:Image

Ah boy, Petrotrin 2.0. Welcome.

neilsingh100 wrote:Heritage Petroleum Company...that is a lame name and does not convey the feeling of new agile company as Lisa Ali described.

What would you have named it?

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » October 13th, 2018, 6:43 am

Joshie23 wrote:
tr1ad wrote:
alfa wrote:So for all who claim Petrotrin workers getting the best severance package and millions of dollars this a letter of termination collected by my friend. She made 10 years temporary and 5 years permanent and going home with 68 thousand dollars. There is a small backpay yet to come for 2011 to 2014

Tell her show you the full letter...

3 years calculating to 68k for that period ...
Then there's back pay, vacation leave etc
According to the letter... Do the math (or read again)

So either she eh sure when she start, or is misinformation spreading again

Bro, even still. The letter states the individual has 15 days vacation leave. Do the math then/or read again. Surely that vacation leave isn't going to stretch the $68k very far. Fine, the backpay might be cool, but it's still a far cry from the million dollar payouts that were purported. Which I think is salt to the wounds, concerning the fact that the Gov't would sensationalize the whole thing for their justification.

vaiostation wrote:I've got a realative that worked there who retired recently. He had about 12 years temporary and 8 permanent. Got about 2 mil. Pension about 8g's.
I think a lot has to do with the rank the person retires at.

Have a family friend who is a supervisor in petro. With about 20+ yrs permanent. He got about 4mil with pension about 16g's.

All this is before tax.

Did you actually see the letters? Or is this hearsay? For starters, apparently temporary years aren't counted for severance or retirement. When people are made permanent, once they're older than 29 (to qualify for the 31.3 years for full benefits) they have the option to 'buy' the years that will be required to get their full pension, but only up to a certain amount. So for your 'relative' to take home $2MM at retirement, starting work at apparently 40 years, if they retired recently with (12+8) years service, 8 years pensionable service at that, lol...I also have a supervisor friend, that's getting about $1.8MM before tax and $14k in pension after about 33 years service. And yes, I saw his letter. With the breakdown of the (salary x 5) + ((salary x 1.25) x 14) + ((salary x 1.5) x 14) as per his collective agreement. So $4MM severance after 20 years..again..lol. Let's do some algebra. Assuming 25 years service, let 'a' represent the monthly salary and use the collective agreement structure. (5a) + ((1.25a) x 14) + ((1.5a) x 6) = $4,000,000. Which means 31.5a = $4,000,000. Therefore, a = $126,984.13. So your supervisor family friend was making in the vicinity of around $127k a month? And my understanding is that backpay, vacation leave, etc. hasn't been calculated or shown in the letters/packages yet, so that $4MM is from salary only...lol. Which then leads to pension, which is calculated (iirc) as 2/3 of your last confirmed salary, which would be around $85k. Not the $16k he'll be getting. So either Petrotin is robbing your friend big time or we'll call it a typo. :lol:

vaiostation wrote:Recruitment ads coming out soon... :new-alien:

You leaving your MNC to go Petro 2.0 though? Best of luck.

Yes, the person did buy back pensionable years.

And no, I ain't leaving my job, I just letting people who may not know, that the ad will be out soon.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 13th, 2018, 6:55 am

De Dragon wrote:
tr1ad wrote:
sMASH wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

PPSL?

Engineering was Ventech

Dese youth and dem eh!
PPSL was the original name of the company hired to run the Caribbean Methanol Plant (M2) in 1992. When the two principals of that company acrimoniously parted ways shortly after, one of those principals created IPSL, and the other remained with PPSL.
One overplayed their hands and put it back in the hands of the white man. The other got booted from methanex cause different white man wanted sumting different.
That was the last I heard of them till they resurfaced in wgtl... And now with this Oman here now.
Last edited by sMASH on October 13th, 2018, 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » October 13th, 2018, 6:58 am

Heritage yes... with a drill bit yes..

Is that V&A drill bit?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 13th, 2018, 7:02 am

Pointman-IA wrote:Heritage yes... with a drill bit yes..

Is that V&A drill bit?
Let's see... Or even the next generation

neilsingh100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby neilsingh100 » October 13th, 2018, 7:20 am

Joshie23 wrote:What would you have named it?
A word or something that symbolize a new beginning. The only word that come to mind is Renaissance but they could have come up with something with a local twist.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 13th, 2018, 7:22 am

Since the came up with paria, could have left it as the paria group of companies.

But, bobol by any name would be just as corrupt.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » October 13th, 2018, 7:31 am

It’s a oil company. No snazzy marketing necessary. Let’s be real it’s not a consumer driven business

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » October 13th, 2018, 7:34 am

Well the company has the backbone of heritage.

neilsingh100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby neilsingh100 » October 13th, 2018, 7:51 am

Joshie23 wrote:Did you actually see the letters? Or is this hearsay? For starters, apparently temporary years aren't counted for severance or retirement. When people are made permanent, once they're older than 29 (to qualify for the 31.3 years for full benefits) they have the option to 'buy' the years that will be required to get their full pension, but only up to a certain amount. So for your 'relative' to take home $2MM at retirement, starting work at apparently 40 years, if they retired recently with (12+8) years service, 8 years pensionable service at that, lol...I also have a supervisor friend, that's getting about $1.8MM before tax and $14k in pension after about 33 years service. And yes, I saw his letter. With the breakdown of the (salary x 5) + ((salary x 1.25) x 14) + ((salary x 1.5) x 14) as per his collective agreement. So $4MM severance after 20 years..again..lol. Let's do some algebra. Assuming 25 years service, let 'a' represent the monthly salary and use the collective agreement structure. (5a) + ((1.25a) x 14) + ((1.5a) x 6) = $4,000,000. Which means 31.5a = $4,000,000. Therefore, a = $126,984.13. So your supervisor family friend was making in the vicinity of around $127k a month? And my understanding is that backpay, vacation leave, etc. hasn't been calculated or shown in the letters/packages yet, so that $4MM is from salary only...lol. Which then leads to pension, which is calculated (iirc) as 2/3 of your last confirmed salary, which would be around $85k. Not the $16k he'll be getting. So either Petrotin is robbing your friend big time or we'll call it a typo. :lol:
Based on your calculation, he had 33yrs of service and had to have a salary of around $40k so why is the pension only $14k. Shouldn't it be 1/2 or 2/3 of the 40k?

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » October 13th, 2018, 8:13 am

Talk about profiting off of people's misery. Mr. Man wasn't a former Pee oN deM MP?...:|

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 13th, 2018, 9:36 am

New companies, same bobol sooner or later as they are state owned.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 13th, 2018, 10:48 am

neilsingh100 wrote:Heritage Petroleum Company...that is a lame name and does not convey the feeling of new agile company as Lisa Ali described.
Same thing I was thinking. Heritage evokes Pictures of some old calypsonian or sundar popo

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » October 13th, 2018, 11:41 am

Is it just me or does the Heritage E&P logo, font and style strikingly similar to Trinity E&P logo, font and style.

From first sight it got my attention.

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » October 13th, 2018, 12:22 pm

kstt wrote:Is it just me or does the Heritage E&P logo, font and style strikingly similar to Trinity E&P logo, font and style.

From first sight it got my attention.
Yip.
First thing I said.

Maybe it was designed for the Holy Trinity

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » October 13th, 2018, 12:51 pm

sMASH wrote:this majority thing not working out for the better.

Proves the majority of the country stupid and racist

Red & Ready crew!!

2018-08-29 19.25.53.png

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 13th, 2018, 10:44 pm

neilsingh100 wrote:
A word or something that symbolize a new beginning. The only word that come to mind is Renaissance but they could have come up with something with a local twist.

Takka (sp?) like in rummy when you get ah play back?

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » October 13th, 2018, 11:24 pm

China buying the world

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » October 14th, 2018, 4:53 am

De Dragon wrote:
neilsingh100 wrote:

Takka (sp?) like in rummy when you get ah play back?

Hmm. Funny enough, I've seen people that 'broke the pack' with unfavourable conditions (a meagre hand, 30+ points left back to check) end up winning the 'game', because of said takka, if you catch my drift.
*shrugs*

Mr President
Street 2NR

Postby Mr President » October 14th, 2018, 11:45 am

:shock: Lots of executive and management jobs being advertised right now on
https://www.caribbeanjobs.com/ShowResul ... ter=Agency

ttphilip
Street 2NR

Postby ttphilip » October 14th, 2018, 8:20 pm

Seems all the Heritage (e&p) jobs are in Pt Fortin and all the Paria (terminal) jobs are in “San Fernando”.... No mention of Pointe a Pierre anywhere.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » October 14th, 2018, 8:35 pm

ttphilip wrote:Seems all the Heritage (e&p) jobs are in Pt Fortin and all the Paria (terminal) jobs are in “San Fernando”.... No mention of Pointe a Pierre anywhere.

Sando is really PaP.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » October 14th, 2018, 8:39 pm

1 week yes. Dem probably dun know who they hiring, this is just for show...

neilsingh100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby neilsingh100 » October 14th, 2018, 8:52 pm

hydroep wrote:1 week yes. Dem probably dun know who they hiring, this is just for show...
Clearly these jobs are for the Petrotrin executives & managers they want to keep since there is no way anyone outside of Petrotrin can be hired in that short period and start work by 1st Dec. These executives & managers will be paid market rates from what I understand so some may actually get a pay increase after taking home 2-4 million in severance. The lower level employees (if paid market rates) will mostly likely have to take a pay cut.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 14th, 2018, 10:08 pm

Probably not limited to that... Top levels would know what was cooking, and his it will get divied up.. So they would tell they boys who they want to come back to

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”