kstt
Riding on 16's

Re: Petrotrin refinery to shut down

Postby kstt » December 4th, 2018, 5:17 pm

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » December 4th, 2018, 5:20 pm

U will be surprised how many friends, relatives, neighbours, acquaintances and strangers interested in if you get severance.

First question is how u handling being laid off

Second question is if you getting severance.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » December 4th, 2018, 5:22 pm

kstt wrote:U will be surprised how many friends, relatives, neighbours, acquaintances and strangers interested in if you get severance.

First question is how u handling being laid off

Second question is if you getting severance.

Direct family too.

neilsingh100
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby neilsingh100 » December 4th, 2018, 8:13 pm

Hope former Petrotrin employees invest their termination benefits wisely. Seeing plenty ads in the newspaper and FB targeting them in what could best be described as questionable investments. One of the most common one is making money by FX trading.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » December 4th, 2018, 9:10 pm

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » December 4th, 2018, 9:10 pm

Some people heartless out here yes. Laughing and skinning gum on radio

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » December 4th, 2018, 9:37 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
kstt wrote:MAYBE the closing down of a 1% owned bank at a mall nearby to Petrotrin might be 1% insider information about the shutting down of Petrotrin before the public and workers knew about it??????

If it's RBC you talking about, they reopened in Marabella proper.

RBL and the gym also.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » December 4th, 2018, 10:57 pm

Petrotrin Refinery Closed

Energy Minister Franklin Khan says that all operations at the Petrotrin refinery have been successfully shutdown. The government will now embark upon a broad-based search for companies that wish to own or lease the now-closed refinery at Point-a-Pierre according to Minister Khan. What does this all mean and what about the new entities, Heritage Petroleum and Paria Trading. We are joined on set by Economist Mariano Browne.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » December 5th, 2018, 8:00 am

And now all attention has been taken away from Av drilling/ the Pms involvement, and the other GAS distribution scandal/fraud...
Slight of hand is really easy when you consider how stupid our govt followers really are.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » December 5th, 2018, 8:38 am

More importantly is the fact that close to 10,000 people have been sacrificied in the alleged cover up.

Reading some of those online comments yesterday and some sh!tlickers actually hoping the ex-workers "suffer fuh de christmas" yes.

Forking disgusting, nasty people....:|

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » December 5th, 2018, 9:45 am

I wonder what will happen when they unvocer the Fraud in the licensing office too... what they gonna do then? shut down our Ministry of Transport and make every fvking body walk?

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » December 5th, 2018, 10:26 am

Ben_spanna wrote:I wonder what will happen when they unvocer the Fraud in the licensing office too... what they gonna do then? shut down our Ministry of Transport and make every fvking body walk?

What yuh mean "when they uncover". Nothing to uncover....fraud out there in the open. The only way to fix licensing office is to privatize it.

Btw, maybe we could change the title to "Petrotrin shut down"

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » December 5th, 2018, 2:19 pm

ek4ever wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:I wonder what will happen when they unvocer the Fraud in the licensing office too... what they gonna do then? shut down our Ministry of Transport and make every fvking body walk?

What yuh mean "when they uncover". Nothing to uncover....fraud out there in the open. The only way to fix licensing office is to privatize it.

Funny enough UNC had a plan for licensing office. The whole MVA (Motor Vehicle Authority) that they were pushing back when they were in power had a lot of great ideas. Everything was to be computer based and cashless and every transaction automatically recorded. So that means any bobol would be easily traceable. Also, all vehicles would have to be registered in the system when coming on port and only registered vehicles could be licensed. That was just the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure trinis would always find a way around the system but the idea was to make the system more robust and easier to manage so that corruption would be more difficult to get involved in and easier to detect and respond to.

This was one of the ideas that UNC had that I fully supported. I won't comment on the implementation of it because that left a lot to be desired. Sadly it was scrapped by PNM as soon as they came in power.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » December 5th, 2018, 10:15 pm

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » December 6th, 2018, 9:36 am

Slartibartfast wrote:
ek4ever wrote:

Funny enough UNC had a plan for licensing office. The whole MVA (Motor Vehicle Authority) that they were pushing back when they were in power had a lot of great ideas. Everything was to be computer based and cashless and every transaction automatically recorded. So that means any bobol would be easily traceable. Also, all vehicles would have to be registered in the system when coming on port and only registered vehicles could be licensed. That was just the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure trinis would always find a way around the system but the idea was to make the system more robust and easier to manage so that corruption would be more difficult to get involved in and easier to detect and respond to.

This was one of the ideas that UNC had that I fully supported. I won't comment on the implementation of it because that left a lot to be desired. Sadly it was scrapped by PNM as soon as they came in power.

This would work once they get rid of all the Public Service employees there. Would be better to privatize so that staff can be subjected to random polygraph testing. Only way to ensure integrity in a public service.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » December 6th, 2018, 10:04 am

ek4ever wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
ek4ever wrote:

This would work once they get rid of all the Public Service employees there. Would be better to privatize so that staff can be subjected to random polygraph testing. Only way to ensure integrity in a public service.
Staffing was also part of the plan. Everybody would be new specially trained recruits that are trained to work on the new system and have no familiarity or habits from the old system. It was a pretty well thought out and thorough overhaul.

I wouldn't be so quick to want privatisation of something like this though. It's a bad idea to give a private company a monopoly that the entire public depends on with no chance for alternatives.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 6th, 2018, 10:25 am

Govt own-private sector run with deliverables KPIs etc

Ownership can be seperate and distinct from who running and controlling the biz.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » December 6th, 2018, 6:35 pm

Petrotrin, the aftermath.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 7th, 2018, 8:57 am

What is happening to the oil that is produced locally??

I was also told by some one at Heritage that there is plenty sabotage happening in the fields.

Any one verify?

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » December 7th, 2018, 9:26 am

Redman wrote:What is happening to the oil that is produced locally??

I was also told by some one at Heritage that there is plenty sabotage happening in the fields.

Any one verify?

Oil being exported....last month the first shipment left, about 500K barrels IIRC

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 7th, 2018, 9:28 am

by chance, where too? who taking it.. .and at what prices?
that 500k barrels, that like two boat loads?
Last edited by sMASH on December 7th, 2018, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » December 7th, 2018, 9:34 am

neilsingh100 wrote:Hope former Petrotrin employees invest their termination benefits wisely. Seeing plenty ads in the newspaper and FB targeting them in what could best be described as questionable investments. One of the most common one is making money by FX trading.

Build cheap apartments, South Americans already in our doors

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 7th, 2018, 1:23 pm

ek4ever wrote:

Any one verify?

Oil being exported....last month the first shipment left, about 500K barrels IIRC

Thx

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » December 7th, 2018, 5:50 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:The PNM is not to blame here, remember that.

It was Espinet and Espinet alone who did this.

Great is the PNM and it shall prevail.

Some would actually take this seriously

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » December 7th, 2018, 5:52 pm

If you voted PNM...take yuh pressure and be quiet

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » December 11th, 2018, 7:19 am

Was November 30th chosen because of its proximity to Christmas so that everyone else would be busy with preparations for Christmas and not be bothered. We know how this government plans their every move and always has distractions.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 11th, 2018, 12:25 pm

kstt wrote:Was November 30th chosen because of its proximity to Christmas so that everyone else would be busy with preparations for Christmas and not be bothered. We know how this government plans their every move and always has distractions.

Honestly, it could have been any date given our apathy for every single thing.

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » December 11th, 2018, 2:41 pm

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 11th, 2018, 3:57 pm

toyota2nr wrote:If you voted PNM...take yuh pressure and be quiet

The ones that are making the noise are those that belong to the PNM.

These are the same ppl that sat back and did nothing for the loss of Caroni.

What goes around comes around

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 11th, 2018, 7:18 pm

Any one verify?

months now.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”