Forums

We have fuel for 20 days after Petrotrin refinery closed - Khan

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Re: We have fuel for 20 days after Petrotrin refinery closed - Khan

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » September 30th, 2018, 6:16 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:Haven't we been importing fuel since forever?
Yes we have .

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » September 30th, 2018, 6:17 pm

Rovin's Audio wrote:everytime u ask anybody in d poo nm a serious question they casually brush it off as if is nothing or they refer u to go ask somebody else .....setta WOFT ....... :agrue:

seeing how well they handled other serious issues : we can expect to run out of fuel & hear dem say "allyuh doh worry it comin jes now" ....... :x ..... or even a "blame kamla dem fuh dat" ... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Just like the galleons passage. And when it reach it just park up

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 30th, 2018, 7:27 pm

K_J_R wrote:here's a thought

will the govt still purchase two grades of gaosline? or will it be only 1 which might be to save money?

and if its a lower octane they buy, then all them ppl who have turbo or german cars going to see pressure then.
Well I seeing 3 grades now, premium, super and regular.. I use cng and super, then diesel kerosene in the van.

Regular octane too low for the hr16, and the Sr. So not chancing it.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 30th, 2018, 8:17 pm

bluefete wrote:When Tantie Kams was in office, price used to go down an' t'ing. Remember fuh Divali how she used to tell NFL to drop dey prices or else ...?

88sins wrote:when last you see the price of a major commodity go down after an increase?
nothing adjusts downward in dis place, whether costs or international prices drop or not. only upward movement. because here, if the price goes up ppl complain amongst themselves and keep on buying, and eventually shut up.

remember when there was a wheat shortage due to drought some years ago? all flour and flour based products went up. Nobody say they would absorb it and hold off on increasing their prices. The prices of wheat have since gone back down to pre-drought levels. Take note, the price of bread remained where it reached.

wasn't really referring to short term, small price decreases as mandated by politicians.

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » September 30th, 2018, 9:34 pm

bluefete wrote:^^ Approx TT$14.35 per litre for premium and diesel at those rates (assuming that is US$, if it is dinars however .....)
Those are prices are qatari riyal.
1ttd : 1.85 qr

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » September 30th, 2018, 10:30 pm

Redman wrote:1a)you're free to assume anything you like.Theyve clearly stated that Petrotrin will stay in the Marketing of fuels.If they out of the R part of R and M...then they have to import.

B)you're asking why a minister did or did not say something?

3)Yes

C or4) They don't have to import from all 42 at the same time.
Do you watch all your cable channels at the same time?
How do you buy gas...a little from every gas station you've ever bought at?
Or the one that has what you want ...when you and how you want it.?

No, I am suggesting that if the minister was not in a position to say something to improve confidence level of the public, he should have left the issue alone or do as he did with the price issue.... I can't imagine that this is too much to ask for given that collectively, they spend 50+ billion every year! But somehow you though it necessary to offer an explanation for stupidity!
I, an end user (singular account), am part of a 4 person household with 4 tvs and 4 cable boxes, there are times that my house watches 4 channels which means that all 4 channels are watched over a single connection to the cable service provider. The cable company... the provider, however, does aggregate all of the channels and distribute to their end users. I don't know how your analogy makes sense to you but..... we are all free to think, or not think, as the case may be...smh!
I buy gas based on:
1. the amount of fuel I have left
2. the amount of driving I intend to do
3. the distance to the nearest gas station
4. convenience
but again, if I don't have enough fuel and I shut down due to lack of say, convenience, the number of people that will be inconvenienced is far less than the entire country and I can get fuel in a couple hours for the most since I will not need to wait for a ship to bring it in. Your analogies are oversimplifications at best!

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 1st, 2018, 6:03 am

Oversimplified yet you missed the point.

FK will let Espinet make as much statements as possible so FK will not be held to task when they wrong.
Nuttin new or nuttin unique.

Petrotrin will continue supplying fuel as they have...the source will change.
It takes less than 20 days to land fuel.
They have multiple sources.
They have storage for 20 days.....this can be added to with a tanker or ten in the gulf.
They have the rates of consumption

The business is not complicated.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » October 1st, 2018, 6:41 am

I did not miss the point but since you insist on straying from my point, I can see why you would think I missed it....smh

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » October 1st, 2018, 6:43 am

Here is what I think going to happen.

No price increase in fuel for the budget. This will show the people no need to worry PETROTRIN can shutdown. If the price of imported fuel is more they will hold the price for the rest of the election term. His will sweeten up the people. If they win next election, they will raise the price to what it ought to be.
In doing this you get PETROTRIN to shutdown by with less objections from the people and a greater chance to win the next election.
If they loose the election, well the other party will deal with it.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 1st, 2018, 7:24 am

airuma wrote:I did not miss the point but since you insist on straying from my point, I can see why you would think I missed it....smh

Clearly I did..and I apologise.
Give it to me ..one sentence

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » October 1st, 2018, 7:37 am

Curtms wrote:...image_f04da08c-aabd-4e2d-903a-19f1cd76a03c20180930_130547.jpeg

Those prices are Qatar Riyal - works out to less that $4 TT for everything

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » October 1st, 2018, 7:49 am

car wrote:Here is what I think going to happen.

No price increase in fuel for the budget. This will show the people no need to worry PETROTRIN can shutdown. If the price of imported fuel is more they will hold the price for the rest of the election term. His will sweeten up the people. If they win next election, they will raise the price to what it ought to be.
In doing this you get PETROTRIN to shutdown by with less objections from the people and a greater chance to win the next election.
If they loose the election, well the other party will deal with it.

You are right about no fuel increase - we are getting our gasoline from Venezuela

You are wrong about them wanting to win the next election - when the US Sanctions/Embargoes come (and they will) and finally the population turns on them - hold an election next year

All this government was there to do was get that refinery, TSTT and WASA... I don't think they will get WASA this rounds, but 2 out of 3 aint bad...

The incoming government will have to give up some land to the US for 2-3 PERMANENT US bases in order to get the embargo lifted (bye-bye Wallers)

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 1st, 2018, 4:53 pm

airuma wrote:
Redman wrote:1a)you're free to assume anything you like.Theyve clearly stated that Petrotrin will stay in the Marketing of fuels.If they out of the R part of R and M...then they have to import.

B)you're asking why a minister did or did not say something?

3)Yes

C or4) They don't have to import from all 42 at the same time.
Do you watch all your cable channels at the same time?
How do you buy gas...a little from every gas station you've ever bought at?
Or the one that has what you want ...when you and how you want it.?

No, I am suggesting that if the minister was not in a position to say something to improve confidence level of the public, he should have left the issue alone or do as he did with the price issue.... I can't imagine that this is too much to ask for given that collectively, they spend 50+ billion every year! But somehow you though it necessary to offer an explanation for stupidity!
I, an end user (singular account), am part of a 4 person household with 4 tvs and 4 cable boxes, there are times that my house watches 4 channels which means that all 4 channels are watched over a single connection to the cable service provider. The cable company... the provider, however, does aggregate all of the channels and distribute to their end users. I don't know how your analogy makes sense to you but..... we are all free to think, or not think, as the case may be...smh!
I buy gas based on:
1. the amount of fuel I have left
2. the amount of driving I intend to do
3. the distance to the nearest gas station
4. convenience
but again, if I don't have enough fuel and I shut down due to lack of say, convenience, the number of people that will be inconvenienced is far less than the entire country and I can get fuel in a couple hours for the most since I will not need to wait for a ship to bring it in. Your analogies are oversimplifications at best!

I am still amazed that people still have the time or inclination to debate Redman on anything the PNM does, hoping to get him to at least see your point :roll: To airuma, you're quite optimistic to expect any sort of clarity, or truth from this bunch of incompetent PNM twits. They all take their clue from JUHN Scarfy, and Impsy, whose M.O. is to treat ordinary people with disdain and arrogance.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”