Forums

Reviews on ATC San Fernando

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Speedy1234
Street 2NR

Reviews on ATC San Fernando

Postby Speedy1234 » September 30th, 2018, 1:12 pm

Anyone ever went ATC in sando an did a course and get any jobs into the industries in the Point lisas? Any reviews on it or the school will be much appreciated , Any industry in the point lisas accepts the city and guilds cert?.... thanks

Advertisement
vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Reviews on ATC San Fernando

Postby vaiostation » September 30th, 2018, 2:04 pm

I worked with one guy in pt. Lisas who went atc.
Well, he got his job via family links, so that probably wouldn't count.

But let meh be honest with u. It ain't matter if you went uwi, utt, atc, nesc. With or without experience. It have no work. I know a man send over a hundred plus resumes all over de country and de man ain't get a single phone call. Sad thing is that de man qualified and have a number of years experience in various fields.

I ain't telling ya to not go to school and get educated. I just sayin, if you do decide to attend a university, just try considering options outside of Trinidad.

Speedy1234
Street 2NR

Postby Speedy1234 » September 30th, 2018, 2:29 pm

vaiostation wrote:I worked with one guy in pt. Lisas who went atc.

But let meh be honest with u. It ain't matter if you went uwi, utt, atc, nesc. With or without experience. It have no work. I know a man send over a hundred plus resumes all over de country and de man ain't get a single phone call. Sad thing is that de man qualified and have a number of years experience in various fields.

I ain't telling ya to not go to school and get educated. I just sayin, if you do decide to attend a university, just try considering options outside of Trinidad.

the guy who working in the pt. lisas industry whats his position or what course he did in atc.... ? what industry in pt lisas is that? pt lisas industrial estate?

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » September 30th, 2018, 2:41 pm

Speedy1234 wrote:

the guy who working in the pt. lisas industry whats his position or what course he did in atc.... ? what industry in pt lisas is that? pt lisas industrial estate?

The course he did was a diploma in Mechanical engineering. He worked with a contractor in one of ipsl's methanol plants.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 30th, 2018, 3:05 pm

Nowhere hiring right now broseph

Speedy1234
Street 2NR

Postby Speedy1234 » September 30th, 2018, 3:23 pm

vaiostation wrote:
Speedy1234 wrote:

The course he did was a diploma in Mechanical engineering. He worked with a contractor in one of ipsl's methanol plants.

I wanted to do this course in ATC which is Instrumentation 1 and Instrumentation 2 . but its not a diploma.. any advice? Saw they have this course name Process Technology level 2 city and guilds but i dont know if any of the pt lisas industries will accept it even if your with a contractor. ??

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 30th, 2018, 4:40 pm

As has been stated NOWHERE is hiring so do yourself a favor and invest that money VERY wisely in some skill or trade etc, the country is in deep sh!t as we speak, where I work we had a vacancy for a billing clerk the pay was $4K a month and required tons of paper work and stuff you had to do and a lot of cuss from the boss etc anytime something wrong happens.

For that one position alone we got over 100 resumes and that was just from employees who informed their families etc. Many of them applying for that job had degrees etc and were literally begging for the job, this is the reality of Trinidad. My close friend from Freeport has his BSc in Electrical Engineering from UWI and EEET from UTT, over 3 years now he can't find a job and he applied all over the country. He has now applied for refugee status in Germany in the hope he could get a technician or factory job over there, I wish him the best of luck

This is the reality

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » September 30th, 2018, 6:20 pm

Speedy1234 wrote:
vaiostation wrote:
Speedy1234 wrote:

I wanted to do this course in ATC which is Instrumentation 1 and Instrumentation 2 . but its not a diploma.. any advice? Saw they have this course name Process Technology level 2 city and guilds but i dont know if any of the pt lisas industries will accept it even if your with a contractor. ??

I can't say if they'll accept it or not. But have you looked at perhaps ytepp or nesc? They may provide more hands on experience.

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » October 4th, 2018, 7:09 pm

ATC is ok most of thier long term programs are city and guilds certified they short term programs are NTA approved so they are recognized. I know a few people that went there

Speedy1234
Street 2NR

Postby Speedy1234 » October 5th, 2018, 7:34 am

ronsin1 wrote:ATC is ok most of thier long term programs are city and guilds certified they short term programs are NTA approved so they are recognized. I know a few people that went there

and they working anywhere or got through to work in any of the industries since its city and guilds ?

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » October 5th, 2018, 9:15 pm

atc isa waste ah time, 5 years experience is better than any degree.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 5th, 2018, 9:53 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:atc isa waste ah time, 5 years experience is better than any degree.
Coated for the last line.

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » October 6th, 2018, 1:12 am

Never went at but did city and guilds meeet...certifcate level at trinizuela jobs are though to think of it..how everyone says is who you know and so forth.im also back on the grind back at evening class eyeing a dip in eeet..my perspective is if you want to try the course go ahead.also nec gives the instruments but not sure of the criteria to enter..Finally at the end if you get through with course it's a additional aide to your career..good luck and cheers.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”