TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

4 way junction with STOP signs! why Trinidad.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

4 way junction with STOP signs! why Trinidad.

Postby Ben_spanna » October 9th, 2018, 7:55 am

Its really no surprise that it works in foreign countries, a 4 way Junction with all sides having nothing more than a STOP sign, and it works for them, people there understand that you stop , give right of way in order and then proceed when its safe to do so.
Theres one little junction similar to this on the south side of Elsocorro right after the police HQ, and the actions of people every day speak for the country, they dont wait, they rush, they drive extremely selfishly, they dont care who has right of way, they not waiting to allow the other side to go in order.
WTF is wrong with people in this frigging country?
IS the average citizen in Trinidad really THAT selfish ?, do people here really only care about themselves? are they really THAT stupid to risk their lives and that of loved ones in their cars for a mere few seconds of waiting??

masterkyle
3NE 2NR for life

Re: 4 way junction with STOP signs! why Trinidad.

Postby masterkyle » October 9th, 2018, 7:58 am

The majority of Trinidad drivers drive like this on a daily basis, no indicator light, stop suddenly without warning, hurry, etc.

It's like they really got their licence in cereal box wee.
Last edited by masterkyle on October 9th, 2018, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » October 9th, 2018, 8:29 am

same drivers seem to know what to do when driving in foreign....

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 9th, 2018, 8:38 am

rosalino st by the oval has a 3 way junction too
very frequent accidents

16 cycles wrote:same drivers seem to know what to do when driving in foreign....

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » October 9th, 2018, 8:40 am

what you should be asking is how it have people who cant read and have a drivers licence. when you have people buying licenses like is kfc two piece and fries and eh take the time to study the already outdated motor vehicle booklet what do you expect :( > Trinidad is not a real place

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » October 9th, 2018, 9:15 am

cueball1990 wrote:what you should be asking is how it have people who cant read and have a drivers licence. when you have people buying licenses like is kfc two piece and fries and eh take the time to study the already outdated motor vehicle booklet what do you expect :( > Trinidad is not a real place

What about Chinese grocery proprietors who can't even speak English properly but driving legally? How they pass regs in English. Some of them have FUL to. On another note, anyone ever seen any one percenters lining up to renew licence or passport, asking for a friend?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » October 9th, 2018, 10:25 am

Ben_spanna wrote:IS the average citizen in Trinidad really THAT selfish ?, do people here really only care about themselves? are they really THAT stupid to risk their lives and that of loved ones in their cars for a mere few seconds of waiting??

you seem suprised.
look at every roundabout with a dual carriageway entrance.
drivers speed up and are unable to hold their lane, just to beat the car from the right.
ALL roundabouts and intersections need speed humps because we lack courtesy.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » October 9th, 2018, 10:30 am

16 cycles wrote:same drivers seem to know what to do when driving in foreign....

or when police around... or when police posted at a roundabout....

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » October 9th, 2018, 10:35 am

Common sense aint so common

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 9th, 2018, 10:40 am

this is all normel driving behavior in T&T , dunno when they gonna implement d picture taking device & mailing ticket to ur address

as for 1% not going license office - ANYbody can do this once u know somebody working there & u willing to pay for d convenience ...

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » October 9th, 2018, 2:09 pm

Rovin's Audio wrote:this is all normel driving behavior in T&T , dunno when they gonna implement d picture taking device & mailing ticket to ur address

as for 1% not going license office - ANYbody can do this once u know somebody working there & u willing to pay for d convenience ...

Well said Rover, sufferers want to operate like 1% but do not have the cash to back it up... Sad

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 9th, 2018, 2:34 pm

put ah traffic light.

Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Toyopet » October 9th, 2018, 9:05 pm

Same thing at the intersection of the M2 and Pluck Road.

rmrunner
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rmrunner » October 9th, 2018, 10:29 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:IS the average citizen in Trinidad really THAT selfish ?, do people here really only care about themselves? are they really THAT stupid to risk their lives and that of loved ones in their cars for a mere few seconds of waiting??

Yes to the above statement.

This is why I like to be chauffeured, like Ms. Daisy :D

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » October 10th, 2018, 6:41 am

wat about the roundabout on the same el socorro south on the side with theTTDF, people aint realize at a roundabout the man on the right ha d right ah way, wen dem swing off the hiway is same speed up to the ove pass without stopping by the roundabout daz y so much ah dem duz run off the road when they make the bend after the roundabout cause they drive like kants. idk y people duz be in such a hurry.

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » October 10th, 2018, 7:11 am

cueball1990 wrote:what you should be asking is how it have people who cant read and have a drivers licence. when you have people buying licenses like is kfc two piece and fries and eh take the time to study the already outdated motor vehicle booklet what do you expect :( > Trinidad is not a real place
Less about the license
I think more about driving like an inconsiderate, selfish jackass

People cutting off others from merging just to move an inch forward themselves results in lots of traffic

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » October 11th, 2018, 8:38 am

Toyopet wrote:Same thing at the intersection of the M2 and Pluck Road.

(Pluck Road is the road leaving Woodland to head into La Romaine, right? :oops: ) If so, I pass on that junction quite frequently and drivers treat the M2 as the major road, thus flying through, even though there are stop signs on all four sides. :roll:

That junction is known for many an accident because of that behaviour or the lack thereof and it's funny and sad at the same time that police officers usually set up speed traps along that road, mere seconds away from said junction, to catch unsuspecting drivers as the limit is 40(?)km/h along that stretch, yet no one has been ticketed or stopped for breaking the stop sign. Not even a police car just sitting on the junction to 'instill fear'. You can't tell me they don't know what goes on there, with their 'road safety initiatives' in full swing and what not. Haha.

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » October 11th, 2018, 9:30 am

Well the m2 alot wider and smoother than that dilapidated a$$ pluck road so ghee dem m2 drivers...doh stop atal

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » October 11th, 2018, 9:45 am

trinis can't process the idea of a four way stop. Part of the problem is our fixation on 'right-of-way'
At a 4 road intersection, SURELY someone MUST have right-of-way, because SURELY we can't all stop and take turns...

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » October 11th, 2018, 10:14 am

There is one on the M2. Many people on the LaFortune road will be waiting on cars on the M2 like it is a major road even though there is clearly a stop sign. I always stop for it and do the one in/ one out with the minor road. I stopped once and a guy overtook me on the junction blaring his horn. Luckily no other cars started to cross yet.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » October 11th, 2018, 1:26 pm

Tht junction to woodland is the worse. The people on the M2 drive like there is no stop sign and is a major road. Even police dont stop

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 11th, 2018, 1:36 pm

Junior Sammy.

But really, if I'm already stopped, and a vehicle is on coming, I not moving out just because I was there first. The laws of conservation of energy dictate that inlet them proceed, if they wish, and when they pass then safely proceed.

I don't want to be in no accident, just because I have right of way.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » January 22nd, 2019, 8:01 am

MG Man wrote:trinis can't process the idea of a four way stop. Part of the problem is our fixation on 'right-of-way'
At a 4 road intersection, SURELY someone MUST have right-of-way, because SURELY we can't all stop and take turns...

The average Trini really is a stupid stupid a55hole... 4 way Junctions and dual lane roundabouts seem to confuse the hell out of people................

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 22nd, 2019, 8:48 am

Every jurisdiction that we admire the one thing that we do not and that one thing prevents us from improving

Consistent enforcement by the LAW ENFORCEMENT

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » January 22nd, 2019, 8:59 am

Redman wrote:Every jurisdiction that we admire the one thing that we do not and that one thing prevents us from improving

Consistent enforcement by the LAW ENFORCEMENT

enforcement? When black SUVs with blue dash lights use the shoulder as their private lane on a diaily basis?

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » January 22nd, 2019, 12:15 pm

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » January 22nd, 2019, 4:39 pm

xtech wrote:
You yield the left side first in LHD countries when vehicles approach the intersection simultaneously. I don't know if this video mentioned that.
Last edited by adnj on January 22nd, 2019, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » January 22nd, 2019, 5:02 pm

alfa wrote:

What about Chinese grocery proprietors who can't even speak English properly but driving legally? How they pass regs in English. Some of them have FUL to. On another note, anyone ever seen any one percenters lining up to renew licence or passport, asking for a friend?

yuh doh see chinee in d banks either an they wuking sunday tuh sunday. yuh doh c d 1% either in banks. i saw once ah indian 1% making big money selling current wire walk in bank in valpark call the manager and she carry him to the next free teller and he do he sheit an buss out, all this on a friday evening about 4pm.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 22nd, 2019, 5:19 pm

screwbash wrote:
alfa wrote:

yuh doh see chinee in d banks either an they wuking sunday tuh sunday. yuh doh c d 1% either in banks. i saw once ah indian 1% making big money selling current wire walk in bank in valpark call the manager and she carry him to the next free teller and he do he sheit an buss out, all this on a friday evening about 4pm.
These folks don't need to go into banks.

They have personal bankers that come to them. I have a cus that does this.
When these folks want a loan bankers come home by them .

Couriers collect and bank their cash.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 22nd, 2019, 5:41 pm

The 5way intersection by rosalino st near the oval actually benefitted when it was changed from one of the side streets being major
to a multiway stop.

Before there would be an accident every week guaranteed.

Now because most ppl are unfamiliar they stop and allow the impatient ones to go first.
so hardly any accidents.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”