TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Gas not lasting as long since fuel raised?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Gas not lasting as long since fuel raised?

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 8th, 2018, 8:28 pm

Sometimes there is giveaway on super. Sometimes there is not. Depending on constraints within the refinery sometimes premium may have been sold as super. It’s not the norm so if you car needed premium hopefully you didn’t run super thinking it was always Ron 95 quality.

Another scenario would involve super being not exactly 92 but maybe 92.5 for example based on constraints again. Similarly 95 might be blended to be higher than 95 Ron based on constraints.

With imported fuel who knows what the quality over time will be. Maybe 92 will always be closer to 92 and similarly with premium as opposed to giveaway scenarios that used to happen previously.

This thread is a joke though. Population will believe anything once it involves a crisis of some sort. Super really burning faster all of a sudden but only after the price hike? Lol.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » November 9th, 2018, 9:14 am

Ted_v2 wrote:
ADONI wrote:
Ted_v2 wrote:Use diesel kleen with regular diesel.

get 100KM from ah 1/8 of a tank in a manual frontier.

Like real men buying it up! Went Pricesmart twice and they had none....

it rell good hoss, best thing on the market at the moment.

Yup, I switched to it for a lil over a year now.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 9th, 2018, 9:17 am

What is diesel kleen ?

Is this a diesel treatment ?

And is the "new" diesel in the pumps now in TT ?

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » November 9th, 2018, 9:30 am

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Sometimes there is giveaway on super. Sometimes there is not. Depending on constraints within the refinery sometimes premium may have been sold as super. It’s not the norm so if you car needed premium hopefully you didn’t run super thinking it was always Ron 95 quality.

Another scenario would involve super being not exactly 92 but maybe 92.5 for example based on constraints again. Similarly 95 might be blended to be higher than 95 Ron based on constraints.

With imported fuel who knows what the quality over time will be. Maybe 92 will always be closer to 92 and similarly with premium as opposed to giveaway scenarios that used to happen previously.

This thread is a joke though. Population will believe anything once it involves a crisis of some sort. Super really burning faster all of a sudden but only after the price hike? Lol.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » November 9th, 2018, 9:53 am

kamakazi wrote:
orionis wrote:
kamakazi wrote:
orionis wrote:
nismo1325 wrote:so i did a little experiment and so far with super on a full tank i got 457km...then i filled premium and got 629km.....so i am definitely gna switch but why the super is doing this.

NB i filled at the same gas station which was Sun Plaza Monroe Road (UNIPET)
( I know many would not believe this)
Fun fact : super gasoline ( Ron 92) and premium ( ron95) produced by petrotrin is usually of the same quality. They does just dye one. That's most times btw. Usually the quality is greater but not worst. So you must consider that we will finally be getting real super (Ron92).

Ask any refinery men, they could attest to this.
My engine and its knock sensor will disagree with you.
While they might sell premium under the super label due to demand...I hope they not doing the opposite.

By that same thinking that might very well do something similar with regular i.e. sell super under the label of regular
By the way I was not speculating. I am stating facts. The refinery is efficient enough to sell premium quality as super. Obviously not the other way around. Ask anyone from the lab. Our Ron 92 is of Ron 95 quality as per international standards. When we import we will get real ron 92 which we are not accustomed to. Which could be the reason for the disparity in fuel efficiency.

Dont believe the propaganda that the refinery is rubbish.
While I understand what you saying, my car engine and its knock sensor disagrees with you... It doesn't run properly on super, and pulls timing when I use super.

I agree with kamakazi, since switching to premium, my car is running better and the knock barely noticeable now. Also getting more mileage. I haven't used a redline since switching compared to using redline every 2 weeks with super because of performance issues

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 9th, 2018, 10:43 am

That's about 11.4 km/l or 27 mpg. That's just about what you should expect.

What I would like to see is:
.. Fill your tank
.. Set your odd to zero or write it down
.. Refill your tank
.. Write down the new mileage
.. Write down the number of liters needed to fill the tank.

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » November 9th, 2018, 11:19 am

screwbash wrote:
Petrotrin Chairman Wilfred Espinet in a television interview this week said, “we do know for a fact that the fuels we imported are consistent in terms of the specifications of what we were producing in Trinidad and Tobago so there should be no effect”.Espinet said the fuel brought in was a shipment of diesel.

Espinet said the fuel goes into an inventory and “although we may be transferring from tanks, there are times you are going to get residual in tanks that are going to mix with each other.”

President of the Petroleum Dealers Association Robin Naraynsingh said the statements being made are done so with limited and uninformed knowledge.

He said drivers must be cognizant of the size of the gas tanks, the millage and ensure that there is proper maintence of vehicles.

“They are saying things they don’t know. Every manufacture of a vehicle will tell you how much miles per gallon of fuel you get. They have to know what is the fuel consumption of their vehicles. If you say its burning out faster, are you doing city driving or highway driving? This thing is science, it’s not something you can just ‘feel’. Its burning faster, but faster to what?

People who are saying this have to be cognizant of what they are saying. What is their fuel consumption? How long you burn the engine for, the mileage.

Do proper maintenance, read the manual to car and learn about the fuel consumption of your vehicle.

The consuming public have to be more aware. Check vehicles if they are working properly, know that you are using the right octane level. If you buy regular you are using more,” he said.

Robin Naraynsingh is one kant. all that mc sheit they duz talk. ah man accustomed putting half tank ah gas in curepe and going chaguanas and back and the needle hardly move an now when you do that the needle drop to almost empty. i myself seeing my gas light coming on more regular now. and i have a new mc car. all them getting paid off to suffer we so we go be divided. just like arse with the beard on cnc3 dat say he aint see no different in the gas but he looking like he high or confused about wah going on.
wilfred go say is d same gas cause he own the boat bringing the sheit gas. dem pnm supporters doh bodder cause half ah dem duz hadda walk anyhow.
An elderly woman from Sea Lots even did it twice. She told Newsday she arrived early for buss-up- shot, walked home to drop off the two heavy bags of roti and returned to buy dhalpuri. She said she had many family members and they ate a lot and she wanted to ensure they were well fed so she was prepared for the walk and the wait.
she whole family make she walk from sealots to hoseins in independance sq and ah sure all dem is pnm supporters so no increase in gas go bodder dem.
Hahahahaha

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » November 9th, 2018, 11:21 am

Ben_spanna wrote:its the combination of softer inferior quality Aluminum engine heads and the high Sulphur diesel that is destroying a lot of our local diesel pickups. Just like how BMW has a few hundred vehiucles with pending issues against the dealer regarding their engine failures...……. they know very well what the cause is, but as usual they dont want to foot the bill of warranty...………
U would be surprised how many people won't admit this ..especially them Toyota men ...smh .. them new vans feeling sick with our crappy diesel

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » November 9th, 2018, 11:22 am

Ted_v2 wrote:
ADONI wrote:

Like real men buying it up! Went Pricesmart twice and they had none....

it rell good hoss, best thing on the market at the moment.
Hmm .. well i aint go price smart in a while. But i will take note of this

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » November 9th, 2018, 11:24 am

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Sometimes there is giveaway on super. Sometimes there is not. Depending on constraints within the refinery sometimes premium may have been sold as super. It’s not the norm so if you car needed premium hopefully you didn’t run super thinking it was always Ron 95 quality.

Hahahaha ...i feel people now taking notice..but as i said..i dont trust trickydadian businessmen n their gas stations n refineries...so.anything is possible

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » November 9th, 2018, 11:25 am

So when the so called new fuel. Aka clean diesel reach ..them gas stations gonna clean their storage tanks or change the so called double filters on their pumps? Back to square one

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » November 9th, 2018, 11:28 am

hard to believe the typical trini resetting trip meter & taking notes for years and all of a sudden doing it since gas raise and cyaking now

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » November 9th, 2018, 12:04 pm

A172 wrote:hard to believe the typical trini resetting trip meter & taking notes for years and all of a sudden doing it since gas raise and cyaking now

is ah feeling dan

RNR66
Riding on 16's

Postby RNR66 » November 15th, 2018, 8:40 pm

seems ok to me - 2 different cars - highway run between north and south - one averages 5.4 litres/100km and the other 5.6 litres/100km. these figures have remained the same for both cars since they were bought and up till the last trip this sunday past.
Not really a scientific approach but suggests to me quality has not changed unless its the short trips that causes the fuel to burn faster

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » November 15th, 2018, 9:41 pm

3yr old car and fuel economy the same way like when it was new...

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » November 24th, 2018, 12:32 pm

Before i felt as if gas was not burning faster, the fuel economy gauge was showing everything as it always was before.

Used to get 9.5-11km/litre in the city and 12-14+ on the highway.

Now i struggling to crack 9km/litre in the city. Driving the same, a/c on the same settings.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 24th, 2018, 12:37 pm

You were burning more fuel in the highway?

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » November 24th, 2018, 1:06 pm

Read it again, carefully this time.

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » November 24th, 2018, 1:24 pm

Forgive the ttps...dem cyar unnastan most things...cept how to cyak cyak cyak

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 24th, 2018, 4:26 pm

Most vehicles would give a l/100km.
Just assumed that was what you were trying to state. I guess the question mark was invisible.

And then appears the little feminine dickrider inhuman. Go fcuk yourself homo.

mazdatt
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mazdatt » November 24th, 2018, 5:50 pm

Aaron 2NR wrote:Image

What make and model you getting this fuel economy with?

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » November 24th, 2018, 6:49 pm

2017 Kia Sportage
600 km per tank
Avg about 7.4-7.5l/100km
Cost about 240-250 to fill. Same milage as when brought
I think a lot of people are perceiving worse milage because they are paying more for the gas. So obviously you're perception will be different to when you paid less.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » November 24th, 2018, 6:51 pm

mazdatt wrote:

Bmw 320 m sport

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » November 24th, 2018, 7:27 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:2017 Kia Sportage
600 km per tank
Avg about 7.4-7.5l/100km
Cost about 240-250 to fill. Same milage as when brought
I think a lot of people are perceiving worse milage because they are paying more for the gas. So obviously you're perception will be different to when you paid less.

Plenty highway driving during off-peak hours?

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » November 24th, 2018, 7:29 pm

Highway driving off peak in the morning, and north to Central in evening traffic

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » November 24th, 2018, 7:59 pm

sounds about right for a sportage, pretty good

mazdatt
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mazdatt » November 24th, 2018, 8:26 pm

Aaron 2NR wrote:
mazdatt wrote:

Bmw 320 m sport
That is pretty good, you must be doing a lot of highway driving to get that fuel economy.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » November 24th, 2018, 8:31 pm

not really..mixture of city and highway.... only hit north from south on weekends really..

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » November 24th, 2018, 10:12 pm

Aaron 2NR wrote:
mazdatt wrote:

Bmw 320 m sport

2.0 N20 giving that kinda range?
wdf

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 25th, 2018, 3:59 pm

rollingstock wrote:Most vehicles would give a l/100km.
Just assumed that was what you were trying to state.

Unfortunately some manufacturers give you fuel consumption (l/100km) instead of fuel economy (km/l or mpg).

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”