TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Gas not lasting as long since fuel raised?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MG Man
2NRholic

Re: Gas not lasting as long since fuel raised?

Postby MG Man » November 3rd, 2018, 5:32 pm

pete wrote:Don't know why more companies haven't jumped to bring the diesel versions of their small vehicles. Maybe if we start importing ulsd that would change.
MG Man wrote:
mitch1980 wrote:i get 10.8km /L - using a 3.0 diesel automatic

runs are mainly north- south highways and main roads

getting about 21km/l on my 1.6 turbo diesel

maintenance nightmares
why you think AUDI won't send any more cars to trinidad
Besides the DPF clogging thing, our sandy diesel erodes piezo injectors so they begin dripping, and also grinds away the internals of high pressure fuel pumps

linton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby linton » November 3rd, 2018, 8:18 pm

Does the diesel we get adversely affect the older diesel pickups ?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » November 3rd, 2018, 10:46 pm

MG Man wrote:
pete wrote:Don't know why more companies haven't jumped to bring the diesel versions of their small vehicles. Maybe if we start importing ulsd that would change.
MG Man wrote:
mitch1980 wrote:i get 10.8km /L - using a 3.0 diesel automatic

runs are mainly north- south highways and main roads

getting about 21km/l on my 1.6 turbo diesel

maintenance nightmares
why you think AUDI won't send any more cars to trinidad
Besides the DPF clogging thing, our sandy diesel erodes piezo injectors so they begin dripping, and also grinds away the internals of high pressure fuel pumps

After 3 years of my aunt diesel mini the injectors did in fact start leaking and we had pump issues as well...

Really wish i didn't sell it tho, god it was fun...

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 4th, 2018, 6:21 pm

I just hit 94,000 km with mine. So far, so good

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 5th, 2018, 7:55 am

Diesel should be banned. Thing dirty af.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 5th, 2018, 7:03 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Diesel should be banned. Thing dirty af.

how so?
Zero visible vapours from mine, even under hard acceleration

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 5th, 2018, 7:07 pm

MG Man wrote:

how so?

Particulates not the only nasty thing about diesel. NOx is the silent killer. Inherently high emissions due to the way Diesel engines operate.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 5th, 2018, 7:15 pm

Newer diesel engine emissions controls now make this argument moot...

"For most cars built over the past 20 years that may still be in use, petrol is likely to be less polluting overall than diesel. Petrol cars also require less maintenance to keep them performing at that level. But new, well maintained diesel cars, built to the latest standards have similar emissions to new petrol vehicles."

http://theconversation.com/fact-check-are-diesel-cars-really-more-polluting-than-petrol-cars-76241

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:
MG Man wrote:

how so?

Particulates not the only nasty thing about diesel. NOx is the silent killer. Inherently high emissions due to the way Diesel engines operate.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 5th, 2018, 7:22 pm

Modern Diesel engines still produce a lot of of particulate matter, but with modern high pressure engines
They are now very small particle size which is just as or more dangerous if enters human body.

If you ever look at Diesel engine oil, it is black as though it is dyed unlike gas engine oil where it is black from carbon solids suspended in the oil.
This is because the soot particles are so small it acts as a dye in the oil.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 5th, 2018, 7:55 pm

adnj wrote:Newer diesel engine emissions controls now make this argument moot...

"For most cars built over the past 20 years that may still be in use, petrol is likely to be less polluting overall than diesel. Petrol cars also require less maintenance to keep them performing at that level. But new, well maintained diesel cars, built to the latest standards have similar emissions to new petrol vehicles."

http://theconversation.com/fact-check-are-diesel-cars-really-more-polluting-than-petrol-cars-76241

MG Man wrote:

how so?

Not so simple. Hence why many cities looking to ban Diesel engines from their streets. Expected performance of engines not met so higher than the limit for NOx has been observed very recently.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 5th, 2018, 9:07 pm

I believe that if you dig a bit deeper that you will find that current German diesel engines meet existing EU standards for NOx emissions and diesels equipped with the newest Bosch control systems will produce only 10% of the pollution of the cleanest production engines that are now available.

The actual problem is that the longer life of diesel engine vehicles helps to keep older, less efficient diesels in service. Diesel engine vehicles tend to last about 70% longer than their gasoline engine counterparts; nearly 14 years.

A 14-year old vehicle will meet a NOx standard that is almost 700% of today's standard. Any diesel built before year 2000 might have NOx levels at 1400% of current.

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Not so simple. Hence why many cities looking to ban Diesel engines from their streets. Expected performance of engines not met so higher than the limit for NOx has been observed very recently.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 5th, 2018, 9:44 pm

And if you remember, dieselgate ruined diesels reputation irreparably...I think Porsche has announced that they no longer plan to sell a diesel engined model... More manufactures could soon follow

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » November 5th, 2018, 9:48 pm

adnj wrote:I believe that if you dig a bit deeper that you will find that current German diesel engines meet existing EU standards for NOx emissions and diesels equipped with the newest Bosch control systems will produce only 10% of the pollution of the cleanest production engines that are now available.

The actual problem is that the longer life of diesel engine vehicles helps to keep older, less efficient diesels in service. Diesel engine vehicles tend to last about 70% longer than their gasoline engine counterparts; nearly 14 years.

A 14-year old vehicle will meet a NOx standard that is almost 700% of today's standard. Any diesel built before year 2000 might have NOx levels at 1400% of current.

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Not so simple. Hence why many cities looking to ban Diesel engines from their streets. Expected performance of engines not met so higher than the limit for NOx has been observed very recently.

Too little too late. Reputation done sunk because even the supposed clean diesels of not so long ago weren’t meeting even the old standards in practice. Diesel is done. If it was as simple as just switching to new Diesel engines manufacturers wouldn’t be dumping them left right and centre. The writing is on the wall.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 5th, 2018, 9:59 pm

Diesel for use on cargo vehicles unlikely to be replaced with anything soon though

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 6th, 2018, 1:39 pm

The only technologies that offer the kind of economic and emissions advantages needed for package delivery are CNG and diesel. Electric has battery life and recharge issues. CNG has distribution issues.

Because of cost, repairability and infrastructure, diesel is the current corporate favorite. Outside of cities, ultra-clean diesel will likely be the leader in goods transportation for the foreseeable future.

Electric makes more sense for personal use and typical commuter travel because of lower incept cost and offering electric grid balancing for renewable sources.

pugboy wrote:Diesel for use on cargo vehicles unlikely to be replaced with anything soon though

Too little too late. Reputation done sunk because even the supposed clean diesels of not so long ago weren’t meeting even the old standards in practice. Diesel is done. If it was as simple as just switching to new Diesel engines manufacturers wouldn’t be dumping them left right and centre. The writing is on the wall.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » November 7th, 2018, 6:42 pm

Petrotrin Chairman Wilfred Espinet in a television interview this week said, “we do know for a fact that the fuels we imported are consistent in terms of the specifications of what we were producing in Trinidad and Tobago so there should be no effect”.Espinet said the fuel brought in was a shipment of diesel.

Espinet said the fuel goes into an inventory and “although we may be transferring from tanks, there are times you are going to get residual in tanks that are going to mix with each other.”

President of the Petroleum Dealers Association Robin Naraynsingh said the statements being made are done so with limited and uninformed knowledge.

He said drivers must be cognizant of the size of the gas tanks, the millage and ensure that there is proper maintence of vehicles.

“They are saying things they don’t know. Every manufacture of a vehicle will tell you how much miles per gallon of fuel you get. They have to know what is the fuel consumption of their vehicles. If you say its burning out faster, are you doing city driving or highway driving? This thing is science, it’s not something you can just ‘feel’. Its burning faster, but faster to what?

People who are saying this have to be cognizant of what they are saying. What is their fuel consumption? How long you burn the engine for, the mileage.

Do proper maintenance, read the manual to car and learn about the fuel consumption of your vehicle.

The consuming public have to be more aware. Check vehicles if they are working properly, know that you are using the right octane level. If you buy regular you are using more,” he said.

Robin Naraynsingh is one kant. all that mc sheit they duz talk. ah man accustomed putting half tank ah gas in curepe and going chaguanas and back and the needle hardly move an now when you do that the needle drop to almost empty. i myself seeing my gas light coming on more regular now. and i have a new mc car. all them getting paid off to suffer we so we go be divided. just like arse with the beard on cnc3 dat say he aint see no different in the gas but he looking like he high or confused about wah going on.
wilfred go say is d same gas cause he own the boat bringing the sheit gas. dem pnm supporters doh bodder cause half ah dem duz hadda walk anyhow.
An elderly woman from Sea Lots even did it twice. She told Newsday she arrived early for buss-up- shot, walked home to drop off the two heavy bags of roti and returned to buy dhalpuri. She said she had many family members and they ate a lot and she wanted to ensure they were well fed so she was prepared for the walk and the wait.
she whole family make she walk from sealots to hoseins in independance sq and ah sure all dem is pnm supporters so no increase in gas go bodder dem.
Last edited by screwbash on November 8th, 2018, 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » November 7th, 2018, 8:33 pm

d only thing u hitting is your fingers on dah keyboard

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 7th, 2018, 8:50 pm

The PDA isn't in a position to warrant anything on the quality of gas they sell.

They don't test ...except for water.

Naraynsingh wrong footed there.

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » November 7th, 2018, 11:26 pm

Use diesel and kerosene mix !

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 8th, 2018, 5:48 am

Use diesel kleen with regular diesel.

get 100KM from ah 1/8 of a tank in a manual frontier.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 8th, 2018, 10:06 am

Still getting issues with the new imported diesel?

nismo1325
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo1325 » November 8th, 2018, 11:12 am

so i did a little experiment and so far with super on a full tank i got 457km...then i filled premium and got 629km.....so i am definitely gna switch but why the super is doing this.

NB i filled at the same gas station which was Sun Plaza Monroe Road (UNIPET)

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » November 8th, 2018, 11:25 am

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » November 8th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:Use diesel kleen with regular diesel.

Like real men buying it up! Went Pricesmart twice and they had none....

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 8th, 2018, 1:05 pm

its the combination of softer inferior quality Aluminum engine heads and the high Sulphur diesel that is destroying a lot of our local diesel pickups. Just like how BMW has a few hundred vehiucles with pending issues against the dealer regarding their engine failures...……. they know very well what the cause is, but as usual they dont want to foot the bill of warranty...………

orionis
Riding on 13's

Postby orionis » November 8th, 2018, 4:01 pm

nismo1325 wrote:so i did a little experiment and so far with super on a full tank i got 457km...then i filled premium and got 629km.....so i am definitely gna switch but why the super is doing this.

( I know many would not believe this)
Fun fact : super gasoline ( Ron 92) and premium ( ron95) produced by petrotrin is usually of the same quality. They does just dye one. That's most times btw. Usually the quality is greater but not worst. So you must consider that we will finally be getting real super (Ron92).

Ask any refinery men, they could attest to this.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 8th, 2018, 5:23 pm

orionis wrote:
nismo1325 wrote:so i did a little experiment and so far with super on a full tank i got 457km...then i filled premium and got 629km.....so i am definitely gna switch but why the super is doing this.

Fun fact : super gasoline ( Ron 92) and premium ( ron95) produced by petrotrin is usually of the same quality. They does just dye one. That's most times btw. Usually the quality is greater but not worst. So you must consider that we will finally be getting real super (Ron92).

My engine and its knock sensor will disagree with you.
While they might sell premium under the super label due to demand...I hope they not doing the opposite.

By that same thinking that might very well do something similar with regular i.e. sell super under the label of regular

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 8th, 2018, 5:31 pm

ADONI wrote:
Ted_v2 wrote:Use diesel kleen with regular diesel.

Like real men buying it up! Went Pricesmart twice and they had none....

it rell good hoss, best thing on the market at the moment.

orionis
Riding on 13's

Postby orionis » November 8th, 2018, 5:52 pm

kamakazi wrote:
orionis wrote:

While they might sell premium under the super label due to demand...I hope they not doing the opposite.

By that same thinking that might very well do something similar with regular i.e. sell super under the label of regular
By the way I was not speculating. I am stating facts. The refinery is efficient enough to sell premium quality as super. Obviously not the other way around. Ask anyone from the lab. Our Ron 92 is of Ron 95 quality as per international standards. When we import we will get real ron 92 which we are not accustomed to. Which could be the reason for the disparity in fuel efficiency.

Dont believe the propaganda that the refinery is rubbish.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 8th, 2018, 8:22 pm

orionis wrote:
kamakazi wrote:
orionis wrote:

By the way I was not speculating. I am stating facts. The refinery is efficient enough to sell premium quality as super. Obviously not the other way around. Ask anyone from the lab. Our Ron 92 is of Ron 95 quality as per international standards. When we import we will get real ron 92 which we are not accustomed to. Which could be the reason for the disparity in fuel efficiency.

Dont believe the propaganda that the refinery is rubbish.
While I understand what you saying, my car engine and its knock sensor disagrees with you... It doesn't run properly on super, and pulls timing when I use super.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”