TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

More people using Regular gas in their cars since the price increase on Super

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: More people using Regular gas in their cars since the price increase on Super

Postby pugboy » October 18th, 2018, 8:14 pm

I bought a 5 gallon by gas station south of Monroe rd KFC for $29
Kerosene good to keep around house for cleaning up anything oil mess.

skylinechild wrote:
sMASH wrote::shock: :shock:

brother;s road, and they get real sale too.
where u get that price?

i was jokin inno bro....i srsly thought u knew the price of pitch oil was $1.50
i buy pitch oil in endeavor medford gas staton - by tracmac there nuh - Massey cat-
$1.50 /liter its the pump wit the blue handle -

bought 10 liters yesterday cause my dad wanted it for some odd thing....

if u want lemme kno..i hav a 10 liter container....i go bring it down as far as sando for u...

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: More people using Regular gas in their cars since the price increase on Super

Postby sMASH » October 18th, 2018, 8:23 pm

skylinechild wrote:
sMASH wrote::shock: :shock:

brother;s road, and they get real sale too.
where u get that price?

i was jokin inno bro....i srsly thought u knew the price of pitch oil was $1.50
i buy pitch oil in endeavor medford gas staton - by tracmac there nuh - Massey cat-
$1.50 /liter its the pump wit the blue handle -

bought 10 liters yesterday cause my dad wanted it for some odd thing....

if u want lemme kno..i hav a 10 liter container....i go bring it down as far as sando for u...

i srs,,, i run with a kero mix. its not as viscous as the diesel. but that too far to go up, so regularly out of the route.

but when all those fuels need to be imported,, we will see what the world market price will be. i expect a touch in the mid year review, and a revamp in the 2019 reading.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 18th, 2018, 8:25 pm

pugboy wrote:I bought a 5 gallon by gas station south of Monroe rd KFC for $29
Kerosene good to keep around house for cleaning up anything oil mess.

that sounds about right...

5 gallons is converted to liters is 18.9...round off to 19 liters.
price of kerosene is $1.50 / liter....and for the 19 liters is $28.50

so yea... price sounds about right.
Last edited by skylinechild on October 18th, 2018, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 18th, 2018, 8:42 pm

Makes you wonder if pitch oil would still be available in the future

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 18th, 2018, 8:49 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Makes you wonder if pitch oil would still be available in the future

it will... kersoene is also used as jet fuel...so as long as theres demand for air travel... there will be a demand for fuel.

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 1:34 am

when imbert see this ..he will raise regular also ..lol
20180706_095533.jpeg

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 1:40 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
pugboy wrote:I know for a fact some of the local older nze corollas could not take super yet the foreign used ones/fielders could.

My nze pumping hard with super.....I read in the article where a guy was mixing super and regular...now paint this picture...when diesel reach close to that super price or even more...what would people do?? Not buy it?
is diesel n kerosene men might try to full the tanks with.. if that happen

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » October 19th, 2018, 1:45 am

Musical Doc wrote:Everybody switching to regular and I feel like I'm the only one who switch to premium after super raise lol
i have some coworkers who did the same. they say a dollar more.. might as well let the vehicle drink nice fuel

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 19th, 2018, 2:32 am

Musical Doc wrote:Everybody switching to regular and I feel like I'm the only one who switch to premium after super raise lol
Before the increase in super, I was mixing premium and super to not completely ruin an engine that requires premium... Since the increase though, started back putting premium as the difference is only about 3 litres per $100. The engine now produces power similar to what it had before and no longer behaves like it is hunting for a gear, when the computer used to pull ignition timing as the fuel quality was poor.
Engine will puke its guts literally if I run regular.

Wish I still had my carburetted Nissan to run regular

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 19th, 2018, 4:22 am

kamakazi wrote:
Before the increase in super, I was mixing premium and super to not completely ruin an engine that requires premium... Since the increase though, started back putting premium as the difference is only about 3 litres per $100. The engine now produces power similar to what it had before and no longer behaves like it is hunting for a gear, when the computer used to pull ignition timing as the fuel quality was poor.

so you're saying a carubuerrted Nissan would handle the regular better?? anyone else could vouch for this??? I ask cuz I have a GA15 13 I was considering to switch to fuel injected.........allyuh making meh reconsider

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 19th, 2018, 5:22 am

kamakazi wrote:

so you're saying a carubuerrted Nissan would handle the regular better?? anyone else could vouch for this??? I ask cuz I have a GA15 13 I was considering to switch to fuel injected.........allyuh making meh reconsider

better is a kinda subjective terminology - depending on who you ask.

carb engines hav no ecu to retard ignition timing - timing is done via distributor
carb engines also can be tuned for efficiency.

carb engines can experience the same knock or predetonation as fuel injected variants.
remember carb is just the method of fuel delivery.
it does not impact the quality of fuel or add in any magical anti knock additive.

that being said carb engines may have a lower compression ratio - which may allow it to use regular fuel....

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 19th, 2018, 6:31 am

With a fuel capacity of 1800l of diesel ,I might have to change the rating of my boat from pleasure craft.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » October 19th, 2018, 6:46 am

Why ppl mixing super n premium...

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 19th, 2018, 6:50 am

gastly369 wrote:Why ppl mixing super n premium...

to balance the RON :?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 19th, 2018, 7:04 am

Compression ratio is what matters. Carburetion or fuel injection makes no difference.

sMASH wrote:could just add a spacer head gasket and decrease the compression a bit.... next engine rebuild.
regalar fuh lifeeeeee!!!!

Dave wrote:Many cheap ways to reduce your combustion chamber temps thus reducing your need for higher octane.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 19th, 2018, 12:25 pm

images.jpeg
images.jpeg (5.9 KiB) Viewed 3249 times

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 19th, 2018, 2:02 pm

Was done cause my car needed premium but when they raised the price of premium ridiculously...I wanted to reduce costs without going to low on the octane to cause damage... So I mixed super and premium.
As the costs of both fuels are now close again... Back to premium

Those old Nissan carburetted ga engines had a fairly low compression ratio and no emissions controls to talk about.. I'll admit I only used regular in the car once a long time ago...it was my beater car so didn't much care for what it was burning... It was also a manual transmission car

Before you go 100% regular, should try a 50/50 mix first and adjust timing.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » October 19th, 2018, 2:10 pm

supernedd wrote:
i have some coworkers who did the same. they say a dollar more.. might as well let the vehicle drink nice fuel

This was the first thing that came to mind when supper went up... Thought was I alone...

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » October 19th, 2018, 2:42 pm

I ran regular gas for more than 6 mths In a b14 without any problems. ..initially a little ignition rattle but retard the timing a notch dealt with that
would hav continued but was no longer in the area of the pump

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 20th, 2018, 4:22 am

supernedd wrote:

its actually $0.75 more per liter..it adds up in the end.
using premium isnt better u cant get more energy from a liter of premium than a liter of super.

again the difference is the ability of the fuel to resist detonation.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 20th, 2018, 4:26 am

Dizzy28 wrote:

images.jpeg

clown :lol: :lol:

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 20th, 2018, 4:29 am

skylinechild wrote:
supernedd wrote:

its actually $0.75 more per liter..it adds up in the end.
using premium isnt better u cant get more energy from a liter of premium than a liter of super.

again the difference is the ability of the fuel to resist detonation.
That is not exactly true.... You can extract more usable energy from higher octane fuel if your engine/ecu can take advantage of its higher knock resistance.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 20th, 2018, 4:58 pm

kamakazi wrote:You can extract more usable energy from higher octane fuel if your engine/ecu can take advantage of its higher knock resistance.

^^ Exactly

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » October 21st, 2018, 1:18 am

In case anyone was wondering, the regular gas bought from petrotrin has a RON of around 90. I got that info direct from an NP lab technician. He also mentioned as they are NOT going to be importing regular, only super and premium when petrotrin closes..

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 21st, 2018, 2:23 am

That is interesting as they will still have pumps with regular on them... So they might be selling super under the label of regular

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 21st, 2018, 3:45 am

Or just change the label... and the price.
kamakazi wrote:That is interesting as they will still have pumps with regular on them... So they might be selling super under the label of regular

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 21st, 2018, 4:06 am

adnj wrote:Or just change the label... and the price.
kamakazi wrote:That is interesting as they will still have pumps with regular on them... So they might be selling super under the label of regular
Fish price going up in a big way then...

No_Name
Sweet on this forum

Postby No_Name » October 21st, 2018, 5:57 am

kamakazi wrote:
adnj wrote:Or just change the label... and the price.
Fish price going up in a big way then...

...After d fisherman block ah piece a sea n feed he fishies fish food from baby n grow dem up healthy n nice...
Fishermen does use any excuse to raise price like if dey rear d fish from small...

baby hulk
3NE 2NR for life

Postby baby hulk » November 13th, 2018, 1:37 am

Whats the latest on regular gasoline?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 13th, 2018, 7:10 am

Regular working flawless in my brother EK3 Civic

He thinking of buying a barrel of regular one time.

But if you all say it eh go have any regular anymore soon well damn...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”