TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

More people using Regular gas in their cars since the price increase on Super

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: More people using Regular gas in their cars since the price increase on Super

Postby rspann » October 17th, 2018, 8:04 am

You are correct , that was the vehicle. When I started to use diesel in it it had low power. Eventually I found the problem to be a washer they put in the pump to drop the pressure. Once it was removed the fuel pressure rose and the performance returned to normal.

wickedtuna
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Regular gas can blow your engine ?

Postby wickedtuna » October 17th, 2018, 10:21 am

wickedtuna wrote:http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/expert-regular-gas-canblow-your-engines-6.2.692733.bbfd86f2a7
Get ur regular here ....these stations have it lol

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » October 17th, 2018, 10:31 am

More people using Regular gas in their cars since the price increase on Super

viewtopic.php?t=734147

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 17th, 2018, 11:57 am

Isn't it banned cuz it has Lead?.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: More people using Regular gas in their cars since the price increase on Super

Postby kamakazi » October 17th, 2018, 2:58 pm

We don't sell leaded fuel anymore... At least to the public... So regular, super and premium are all unleaded.
Avgas still has lead... Would like to get some to test
Last edited by kamakazi on October 17th, 2018, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baby hulk
3NE 2NR for life

Postby baby hulk » October 17th, 2018, 3:20 pm

Can regular gas exist without lead?

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » October 17th, 2018, 3:25 pm

Ah hear some taxi men talking about using camphor to boost octane...men getting desperate...:lol:

baby hulk
3NE 2NR for life

Postby baby hulk » October 17th, 2018, 4:32 pm

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 17th, 2018, 8:25 pm

hong kong phooey wrote:Most times in the US they have 3 gas grades at the pump and the cheapest is 87 octane and most people fill up with that.

Even the fuel blends can be different country to country. 87 in the US is the same(?) as 91 RON in Trinidad. Very confusing sometimes.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 17th, 2018, 8:58 pm

What about people who mix diesel with pitch-oil? 50% each?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 17th, 2018, 9:19 pm

It does work good in older Diesel engines
Not sure about modern high pressure injected engines

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:What about people who mix diesel with pitch-oil? 50% each?

Eagle View Enterprises
Street 2NR

Postby Eagle View Enterprises » October 17th, 2018, 10:49 pm

Excerpt From The Economist:

...Another key additive that blenders stir into their brew is ethanol. That is done these days primarily to boost the fuel’s octane rating. A higher octane rating allows an engine to use a compression ratio of, say, 12-to-one instead of a more usual ten-to-one. The greater the compression, the higher the temperature within the combustion chamber. And the higher the temperature, the greater the thermal efficiency and power produced. In a nutshell, high-compression engines designed for performance need high-octane petrol.

Though ethanol has less energy per gallon than petrol, it has a considerably higher research octane number (RON)—around 108 to premium’s 97. It should be noted that this is not the octane rating seen on the pump in America. The RON figure results from a laboratory test done using a special engine with a variable compression ratio.

In the fuel test, the compression is raised until the engine begins to “knock”—ie, the fuel in the cylinder ceases to burn smoothly and instead detonates before it can be ignited by the spark plug. The cylinder pressure at which this occurs is then compared with that achieved while the engine is running on a reference fuel (a mixture of iso-octane and n-heptane). The ratio of the two pressures provides the RON of the fuel in question.

A better way of measuring a fuel’s ability to resist knocking under load is the so-called motor octane number (MON) test. This uses a similar test engine, but with a preheated fuel mixture, a higher engine speed and variable ignition timing. Because it uses more real-world conditions, the MON rating is typically eight to ten points lower than the equivalent RON figure.

In Europe, the octane rating on the pump is simply the RON figure. America, by contrast, uses the average of the RON and the MON figures, called the AKI (anti-knock index). Thus, 97 octane “super unleaded” in Britain is roughly equivalent to 91 octane premium in the United States.

Whatever the test, the point is that knocking needs to be avoided at all cost. If allowed to continue, it can quickly cause an engine to disintegrate. That is because when the air-fuel mixture in the cylinder detonates spontaneously before reaching the top of its compression stroke, the rising piston confronts a wall of rapidly expanding gases from the explosion, which attempt to force the piston back down the cylinder. The stresses caused by suddenly trying to reverse the rotation of the engine can become high enough to shatter the pistons, connecting rods and parts of the crankshaft.

To prevent that happening, a high-compression engine uses a blend of hydrocarbons that is somewhat less combustible than normal. Ethanol has an auto-ignition temperature of 362ºC, while petrol bursts into flames without a spark between 246ºC and 280ºC, depending on the blend. Therefore, adding a little ethanol to petrol can raise the auto-ignition temperature enough to prevent the blend from igniting purely from the heat generated during compression.

On the face of it, then, a motorist would seem ill-advised to use regular petrol in a car with a high-compression engine. That was certainly the case in the past. But cars today have sensors that listen carefully for the knocking sound, and instantly retard the ignition system when they detect that detonation is about to happen.

The delay in delivering the retarded spark allows the piston to start moving downward on its expansion stroke before the ignition actually occurs. That provides additional room in the cylinder head for the gases to expand and thereby reduce their damaging peak pressure—and so burn in a more controlled manner.

To sum up, if the car’s handbook says that premium petrol is “recommended” (rather than insisting it is “required”), then the engine will automatically adjust itself to run smoothly on a lower octane fuel. Because of the retarded ignition, the engine will, of course, produce less power, and have slightly higher fuel consumption. But the poorer fuel economy is likely to be outweighed by the savings at the pump....

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 17th, 2018, 10:56 pm

pugboy wrote:It does work good in older Diesel engines

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:What about people who mix diesel with pitch-oil? 50% each?

solved my injector fouling issue. zd30t

baby hulk
3NE 2NR for life

Postby baby hulk » October 18th, 2018, 10:17 am

Eagle View Enterprises wrote:Excerpt From The Economist:

...Another key additive that blenders stir into their brew is ethanol. That is done these days primarily to boost the fuel’s octane rating. A higher octane rating allows an engine to use a compression ratio of, say, 12-to-one instead of a more usual ten-to-one. The greater the compression, the higher the temperature within the combustion chamber. And the higher the temperature, the greater the thermal efficiency and power produced. In a nutshell, high-compression engines designed for performance need high-octane petrol.

Though ethanol has less energy per gallon than petrol, it has a considerably higher research octane number (RON)—around 108 to premium’s 97. It should be noted that this is not the octane rating seen on the pump in America. The RON figure results from a laboratory test done using a special engine with a variable compression ratio.

In the fuel test, the compression is raised until the engine begins to “knock”—ie, the fuel in the cylinder ceases to burn smoothly and instead detonates before it can be ignited by the spark plug. The cylinder pressure at which this occurs is then compared with that achieved while the engine is running on a reference fuel (a mixture of iso-octane and n-heptane). The ratio of the two pressures provides the RON of the fuel in question.

A better way of measuring a fuel’s ability to resist knocking under load is the so-called motor octane number (MON) test. This uses a similar test engine, but with a preheated fuel mixture, a higher engine speed and variable ignition timing. Because it uses more real-world conditions, the MON rating is typically eight to ten points lower than the equivalent RON figure.

In Europe, the octane rating on the pump is simply the RON figure. America, by contrast, uses the average of the RON and the MON figures, called the AKI (anti-knock index). Thus, 97 octane “super unleaded” in Britain is roughly equivalent to 91 octane premium in the United States.

Whatever the test, the point is that knocking needs to be avoided at all cost. If allowed to continue, it can quickly cause an engine to disintegrate. That is because when the air-fuel mixture in the cylinder detonates spontaneously before reaching the top of its compression stroke, the rising piston confronts a wall of rapidly expanding gases from the explosion, which attempt to force the piston back down the cylinder. The stresses caused by suddenly trying to reverse the rotation of the engine can become high enough to shatter the pistons, connecting rods and parts of the crankshaft.

To prevent that happening, a high-compression engine uses a blend of hydrocarbons that is somewhat less combustible than normal. Ethanol has an auto-ignition temperature of 362ºC, while petrol bursts into flames without a spark between 246ºC and 280ºC, depending on the blend. Therefore, adding a little ethanol to petrol can raise the auto-ignition temperature enough to prevent the blend from igniting purely from the heat generated during compression.

On the face of it, then, a motorist would seem ill-advised to use regular petrol in a car with a high-compression engine. That was certainly the case in the past. But cars today have sensors that listen carefully for the knocking sound, and instantly retard the ignition system when they detect that detonation is about to happen.

The delay in delivering the retarded spark allows the piston to start moving downward on its expansion stroke before the ignition actually occurs. That provides additional room in the cylinder head for the gases to expand and thereby reduce their damaging peak pressure—and so burn in a more controlled manner.

To sum up, if the car’s handbook says that premium petrol is “recommended” (rather than insisting it is “required”), then the engine will automatically adjust itself to run smoothly on a lower octane fuel. Because of the retarded ignition, the engine will, of course, produce less power, and have slightly higher fuel consumption. But the poorer fuel economy is likely to be outweighed by the savings at the pump....
Well said makes sense

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 18th, 2018, 10:18 am

sMASH wrote:

Solved my zd30 issues by switching to qd32 :lol:

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » October 18th, 2018, 11:14 am

Everybody switching to regular and I feel like I'm the only one who switch to premium after super raise lol

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 18th, 2018, 11:33 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
sMASH wrote:

$2/l for pitch oil, eh fadda.
i do $40 diesel, and $40 pitch oil mix.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » October 18th, 2018, 1:17 pm

Musical Doc wrote:Everybody switching to regular and I feel like I'm the only one who switch to premium after super raise lol

I did as well, on the car that should have been using premium in the first place

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 18th, 2018, 5:53 pm

sMASH wrote:
sMASH wrote:

i paid $1.50 / liter for pitch oil.... which gas station u going to making u to pay $2/l for that.?
imbert raise the price of pitch oil down by you oar.... :lol:

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » October 18th, 2018, 6:17 pm

2 buffalypso and a covered wagon..

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » October 18th, 2018, 6:21 pm

Will government still import regular gas after petrotrin is shut down?

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » October 18th, 2018, 6:23 pm

vaiostation wrote:Will government still import regular gas after petrotrin is shut down?
Fishermen use it in their boat, so hopefully

If not, seafood price gonna double easy

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 18th, 2018, 7:12 pm

black start wrote:
vaiostation wrote:Will government still import regular gas after petrotrin is shut down?
Fishermen use it in their boat, so hopefully

If not, seafood price gonna double easy

Just as I said before...if men start using diesel to fish...carite and king fish would be priced more than deer and lappe

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » October 18th, 2018, 7:17 pm

They can import the carite, king fish and ALL ALL ALL just like other products.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 18th, 2018, 7:21 pm

You got it , plus two companies to do it.

Pointman-IA wrote:They can import the carite, king fish and ALL ALL ALL just like other products.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 18th, 2018, 7:30 pm

Animal Pak wrote:@ unipet Santa flora they removed all the super pumps. Only regular and premium. Attendant said is what people asking for. Don’t be surprised to see more black pumps in gas stations now
Regular and super. No premium, owner daughter and the girl behind the counter said that.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » October 18th, 2018, 7:38 pm

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 18th, 2018, 7:48 pm

skylinechild wrote:
sMASH wrote:
sMASH wrote:

i paid $1.50 / liter for pitch oil.... which gas station u going to making u to pay $2/l for that.?
imbert raise the price of pitch oil down by you oar.... :lol:

:shock: :shock:

brother;s road, and they get real sale too.
where u get that price?

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 18th, 2018, 8:04 pm

sMASH wrote::shock: :shock:

brother;s road, and they get real sale too.
where u get that price?

i was jokin inno bro....i srsly thought u knew the price of pitch oil was $1.50
i buy pitch oil in endeavor medford gas staton - by tracmac there nuh - Massey cat-
$1.50 /liter its the pump wit the blue handle -

bought 10 liters yesterday cause my dad wanted it for some odd thing....

if u want lemme kno..i hav a 10 liter container....i go bring it down as far as sando for u...

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » October 18th, 2018, 8:08 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
Animal Pak wrote:@ unipet Santa flora they removed all the super pumps. Only regular and premium. Attendant said is what people asking for. Don’t be surprised to see more black pumps in gas stations now
Regular and super. No premium, owner daughter and the girl behind the counter said that.

why it does ALWAYS hadda be you wit somebody girl chile for boi.... WHY ??

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”