Forums

UWI Students protest

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Re: UWI Students protest

Postby Ben_spanna » October 19th, 2018, 7:47 am

antlind wrote:Gone are the days when you could sit on the steps of JFK with your girl any hour of the night without fear of being raped or knifed. That was life in uwi when I was there in the 1980s. It’s sad to see that crime has infiltrated every facet of life in Trinidad.

because the law currently protects bandits , rapists and murderers!
Innocent frustrated citizens who defend their lives and those of their families are deemed excessively violent if/when they take a stand and put a bandit 10 feet under or in hospital... and our authorities still dont want to pass legislation to legalize Pepper spray, mace, tazers and telescoping batons! jockey shorts of the Caribbean Trinidad has become!

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » October 19th, 2018, 9:10 am

worksux101 wrote:Massively proud of those students for what they did today.
Showed a spine in what’s quickly becoming a spineless country

endorsed to the highest level.
I hope the authorities are watching how normally peaceful law abiding citizens are now willing to take their frustrations to the streets despite the threat of licks and lock up... the fuel and accelerant already there..... people just waiting on the spark.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 19th, 2018, 9:24 am

they were expecting these kinds of things, hence why the push for water cannon, and pepper spray.
u dont really need to use pepper spray on a bandit, because they are trying to leave. pepper spray would be more effective in dispersing persons who want to stay,, i.e. protesters, unwanted spectators.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » October 19th, 2018, 10:47 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
worksux101 wrote:Massively proud of those students for what they did today.
Showed a spine in what’s quickly becoming a spineless country

endorsed to the highest level.
I hope the authorities are watching how normally peaceful law abiding citizens are now willing to take their frustrations to the streets despite the threat of licks and lock up... the fuel and accelerant already there..... people just waiting on the spark.

I echo these sentiments!

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 19th, 2018, 12:21 pm

Them students move better than some tuners who only cyak here

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 19th, 2018, 4:14 pm

$5,000.00 bail and case adjourned to November 16th.

The kinds of pink-based lawyers who are representing them, I wonder if their parents have to sell house and land to pay them or if they are doing it pro-bono (I seriously doubt it) or if the UWI student guild will pick up the tab.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 19th, 2018, 4:19 pm

MaxPower wrote:
bluefete wrote:The last thing any government wants is young people protesting, especially certain university students, because they are the ones who start revolutions, social and otherwise.

kstt: Very good question.

Edited

You cannot put in a quote after you post so i quickly referenced kstt knowing that his post was not too far behind. The editing was not intentional.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 19th, 2018, 5:33 pm

bluefete wrote:$5,000.00 bail and case adjourned to November 16th.

The kinds of pink-based lawyers who are representing them, I wonder if their parents have to sell house and land to pay them or if they are doing it pro-bono (I seriously doubt it) or if the UWI student guild will pick up the tab.

judge an all too... they supposed to throw that out.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 19th, 2018, 6:04 pm

I so agree with you but that is not going to happen. They have to make an example of these students (note carefully WHO was arrested) so that the others would boil down into being sheep.

The state wants to destroy them and the Express newspaper is helping with this headline:

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/lo ... bb4b7.html

These UWI students are now criminal defendants
Alexander Bruzual Oct 19, 2018 Updated 2 hrs ago

Charged: Ryan Richards and Nathaniel John

TWO students of The University of the West Indies are now criminal defendants.

"Ryan Richards, 22, of Spiaria, and Nathaniel John, 22, of Arima were arrested at the gates to The UWI, St Augustine during a protest by students outraged over the poor security on the campus.

The two appeared before Tunapuna Magistrate Ava Vandenberg-Bailey, charged with the summary offences of disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and assaulting a police officer.

They pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Get caught up with news from the news leader
Subscribe now and get access to the Trinidad Express E-paper
The students were defended in court by former attorney general John Jeremie SC, Keith Scotland, Ian Brooks, Brain Baig, and Prakash Ramadhar.

Richards and John, who spent the night in police custody, were granted own bail of $5,000 each.

The cases were adjourned to November 16."

With that headline goes their chances of getting a US Visa and so on. Talk about a hatchet job and it makes you wonder ...

Now, I could get into the legal aspects but I will wait for the case to finish.

sMASH wrote:

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » October 19th, 2018, 6:14 pm

It really made my blood boil looking at the arrest video. Man motionless on the ground while multiple police trying to cuff him, then this large jackass finds nothing better to do than press his knee against the man neck.

Them so are the ones to visit in the hospital when cancer hollow them out so you could laugh at them and fill their I.V. bags with piss.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 19th, 2018, 6:50 pm

tunapuna, nov 16th... calendar noted.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » October 19th, 2018, 7:51 pm

Les Bain wrote:It really made my blood boil looking at the arrest video. Man motionless on the ground while multiple police trying to cuff him, then this large jackass finds nothing better to do than press his knee against the man neck.

Them so are the ones to visit in the hospital when cancer hollow them out so you could laugh at them and fill their I.V. bags with piss.
I wouldnt want to get you vex bro

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 19th, 2018, 7:54 pm

Me too. LOL.

Now seeing that the UWi administration has promised to pay the legal fees for the students.

UWI admin has also admitted that a female student was sexually assaulted.

So two innocent students, who were protesting for the truth to come out, may have their lives ruined because the same UWI administration LIED to cover their asse-s.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » October 19th, 2018, 8:35 pm

Apart from the attempted rape near the lockers, there was another girl found with her clothing compromised, unconscious and bleeding in a bathroom. One of my co workers is the vice guild president who was involved in the meetings with all parties so, it's not just all hearsay.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » October 19th, 2018, 8:42 pm

bluefete wrote:I so agree with you but that is not going to happen. They have to make an example of these students (note carefully WHO was arrested) so that the others would boil down into being sheep.

The state wants to destroy them and the Express newspaper is helping with this headline:

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/lo ... bb4b7.html

These UWI students are now criminal defendants
Alexander Bruzual Oct 19, 2018 Updated 2 hrs ago

Charged: Ryan Richards and Nathaniel John

TWO students of The University of the West Indies are now criminal defendants.

"Ryan Richards, 22, of Spiaria, and Nathaniel John, 22, of Arima were arrested at the gates to The UWI, St Augustine during a protest by students outraged over the poor security on the campus.

The two appeared before Tunapuna Magistrate Ava Vandenberg-Bailey, charged with the summary offences of disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and assaulting a police officer.

They pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Get caught up with news from the news leader
Subscribe now and get access to the Trinidad Express E-paper
The students were defended in court by former attorney general John Jeremie SC, Keith Scotland, Ian Brooks, Brain Baig, and Prakash Ramadhar.

Richards and John, who spent the night in police custody, were granted own bail of $5,000 each.

The cases were adjourned to November 16."

With that headline goes their chances of getting a US Visa and so on. Talk about a hatchet job and it makes you wonder ...

Now, I could get into the legal aspects but I will wait for the case to finish.

sMASH wrote:

All of that is just trumped up charges. By the time you see resisting arrest and assaulting an officer. Surprised they didnt throw in obscene language too.

Blasted pack of asses, from the judge to the officers. When cases like this happen, i find it hard to sympathise with law enforcement that end up with a bullet in their head while at home. Is not as if they respect the general citizenry, or anyone at all.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 19th, 2018, 8:47 pm

^^ And as someone commented earlier, when the Beethamites act up the police are nowhere to be found because Hinds and company tell them to back off.

But if this is what it takes for the country to wake up, then so be it.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 19th, 2018, 9:03 pm

bluefete wrote:Me too. LOL.

Now seeing that the UWi administration has promised to pay the legal fees for the students.

So two innocent students, who were protesting for the truth to come out, may have their lives ruined because the same UWI administration LIED to cover their asse-s.
Would not have had legal fees if the Pigs had acted within reason.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 19th, 2018, 9:27 pm

Maybe the police have different instructions from the new police commissioner.

sMASH wrote:
bluefete wrote:Me too. LOL.

Would not have had legal fees if the Pigs had acted within reason.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » October 19th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Gary saying that protesters "must act within the confines of the law"

But i want to see how they could say that the students were not doing so. Everyone know is made up charges by angry impotent pigs and pigs in suits at the courthouse. Imagine forcing a young man face into a wet road and kneeling on his neck. A single, unarmed young man. Officers like he deserve to loss their job, pension and assets for abusing their power like that.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » October 19th, 2018, 10:06 pm

If he thought that was painful.

Wait till he graduate and come and try to get a job.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » October 19th, 2018, 10:06 pm

Unless bruh is a TA on his 3rd degree

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » October 19th, 2018, 10:18 pm

Cops should have put at least a fraction of that effort into finding the uwi rapist

But then again this is Trinidad.... The cops miss the point as usual

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » October 20th, 2018, 12:46 am

With that line up of lawyers i suspect they defending pro-bono......
I hope they get proper justice, but i also hope the other protesting students understand that for any change to be made there needs to be sacrifice and that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » October 20th, 2018, 12:47 am

UWI admin good yes, they rather blood than light on the grass.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 20th, 2018, 9:03 am

Keyser Soze wrote:With that line up of lawyers i suspect they defending pro-bono......
I hope they get proper justice, but i also hope the other protesting students understand that for any change to be made there needs to be sacrifice and that this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Next thing they seeing them as future politicians, and decide to groom them from early..

*activate tinfoil hat powers*

GVTrini07
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GVTrini07 » October 20th, 2018, 9:08 am

Protest Yes! Making it an inconvenient situation for
1 persons who cannot assist with you plight
2 Have nothing to do with the situation
3.Blocking freedom of access egress of ordinary citizens
Is wrong and should be dealt with accordingly.
When they blocking people who just trying tuh go about they own business and bawling sue sue sue, that was not aggression?
I will say Protest Yes, but don’t have innocents affected! Cause it goes the other way as well!

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » October 20th, 2018, 9:51 am

GVTrini07 wrote:Protest Yes! Making it an inconvenient situation for
When they blocking people who just trying tuh go about they own business and bawling sue sue sue, that was not aggression?
I will say Protest Yes, but don’t have innocents affected! Cause it goes the other way as well!

Then what do you suggest? They already held the protest at the absolute most considerate time of the school week, burned no tyres and werent violent.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » October 20th, 2018, 10:01 am

^^^^apparently they did it wrong, they were supposed to throw rubbish on the highway and then rob the people in traffic....no one ever got arrested in such situations.

GVTrini07
3NE 2NR for life

Postby GVTrini07 » October 20th, 2018, 10:46 am

ProtonPowder wrote:

Then what do you suggest? They already held the protest at the absolute most considerate time of the school week, burned no tyres and werent violent.

Protest Yes! But when you cause inconvience to others who are not part of the problem or soloution, do you expect them to sympathize with your cause? I am not suggesting anything! They are big people and should be expected to conduct themselves in a manner befitting such, not follow big people with 2 year old mentality.

Years ago, a school principal used to say, we have a lot of followers and not true leaders. All it takes is 1 jackarse to start something and the rest does follow.

Does burning tires is in your belief garners sympathy to your cause? Only those who thinks like those who burning the tires.

Does distressing innocent ganners sympathy to your cause? Only if you think like them!

So just because we feel we are not being heard or not getting what is needed (be it right or wrong), it gives us the authority or right or what ever you want to call it, to distress others who are not involved! I hear all yuh!

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 20th, 2018, 11:18 am

GVTrini07 wrote:
ProtonPowder wrote:

Protest Yes! But when you cause inconvience to others who are not part of the problem or soloution, do you expect them to sympathize with your cause? I am not suggesting anything! They are big people and should be expected to conduct themselves in a manner befitting such, not follow big people with 2 year old mentality.

Years ago, a school principal used to say, we have a lot of followers and not true leaders. All it takes is 1 jackarse to start something and the rest does follow.

Does burning tires is in your belief garners sympathy to your cause? Only those who thinks like those who burning the tires.

Does distressing innocent ganners sympathy to your cause? Only if you think like them!

So just because we feel we are not being heard or not getting what is needed (be it right or wrong), it gives us the authority or right or what ever you want to call it, to distress others who are not involved! I hear all yuh!

Many years ago a Politician who was in Govt said to me " the only thing that makes Govt listen is burning tyres and blocking roads"

Welcome to the 3rd world...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”