Flood Cleaning

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

VII
punchin NOS

Re: Flood Cleaning

Postby VII » October 25th, 2018, 2:37 pm

The horror!

Great that you can give those people some hope and some true relief young Spann...

8)

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 25th, 2018, 2:56 pm

rspann wrote:If done properly, there's no problem after. The electronic parts like ECUs are mainly sealed, the ones that are not are inspected for water intrusion and changed.

X2.....

People think a flooded car is to be discarded.
All it takes is time and little kants too impatient and quick to throw it away....

You can even go as far as taking out the dash board and cleaning with electrical cleaners etc.

But hey, sufferers gonna throw away their car to suffer more in the long run.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 25th, 2018, 3:37 pm

randolphinshan wrote:
tr1ad wrote:span et al... discuss in here

MNan studying about a little flood in car which can wash out, yet sleeping with they wife who get real beat out before :roll:

That washing out too. Just have to use the right chemical.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » October 25th, 2018, 5:21 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:Depends on the level of flooding.

A couple inches that only reach the mat is nothing compared with complete immersion. This means that there are different levels/quantity factors to grade a flood impacted vehicle.

Depends on the car. A little water reaching the mats can damage seat motors, airbag modules and ECU.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » October 25th, 2018, 6:38 pm

MaxPower wrote:
rspann wrote:If done properly, there's no problem after. The electronic parts like ECUs are mainly sealed, the ones that are not are inspected for water intrusion and changed.

X2.....

All it takes is time and little kants too impatient and quick to throw it away....

You can even go as far as taking out the dash board and cleaning with electrical cleaners etc.

Dont think the issue is about people dumping their flood damaged car. Nobody that stupid here... its whats going to happen after the car gets cleaned and palmed of unto some unsuspecting buyer. This is not USA insurance will not replace the car and sell off the damaged car with a written off / rebuilt title.

I think there should be some kind of buyer beware warning attached somewhere in the cars history maybe on the certified copy. There will be some cars where the owner is unable to pay for repairs and they will sell it cheap to someone who plan to sell it fast to make quick profit.

Hmmm......I dont think that Prius will be ok. A ok Prius finicky enough cant imagine one that was underwater.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 25th, 2018, 6:57 pm

Reading your post, something came to my mind. There might be people who wouldn't take the time to dismantle, unplug harnesses ,get rid of all moisture after cleaning, replacing certain modules etc. That could lead to chaos later on.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 25th, 2018, 7:20 pm

I spann

I have 2 vehicles to clean
Both got around 4” water inside.

Pm me location and contact # plz

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 25th, 2018, 9:06 pm

fireworks wrote:Liscense officers should wake up and get involved and mark these cars as flood damaged and put rebuilt on the certified copy after reinspection

What about marking cars that people treating like sheit with poor maintenance? People dont need to know that? Or is good working condition fine.

fireworks
Street 2NR

Postby fireworks » October 25th, 2018, 9:25 pm

MaxPower wrote:
fireworks wrote:Liscense officers should wake up and get involved and mark these cars as flood damaged and put rebuilt on the certified copy after reinspection

What about marking cars that people treating like sheit with poor maintenance? People dont need to know that? Or is good working condition fine.

A Flood damaged car can be easily cleaned and covered up. A Poorly maintained car will look poorly maintained .

Hundreds of thousands of vehicles were estimated to have been flooded in Texas, Louisiana and Florida during hurricanes Harvey and Irma. It is not illegal to sell them, but it is illegal to sell them without disclosing the damage.

In Trinidad the consumer has no protection..........When I see replies like MaxPower and others I think we like it so it.

wagonon20's
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby wagonon20's » October 26th, 2018, 7:21 am

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0889956244

Spann doin very good work to help out people like this gentle man on the book of faces , Keep it up spann
Last edited by wagonon20's on October 26th, 2018, 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

wagonon20's
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby wagonon20's » October 26th, 2018, 7:22 am

wagonon20's wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=242994593036539&id=107130889956244
Spann doing very good work like this other gentleman Keep it up!!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 26th, 2018, 9:29 am

xtech wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

X2.....

Dont think the issue is about people dumping their flood damaged car. Nobody that stupid here... its whats going to happen after the car gets cleaned and palmed of unto some unsuspecting buyer. This is not USA insurance will not replace the car and sell off the damaged car with a written off / rebuilt title.

I think there should be some kind of buyer beware warning attached somewhere in the cars history maybe on the certified copy.

You mean “Caveat Emptor”?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 26th, 2018, 9:51 am

Exactly. Some people can't afford to get rid of their vehicles, so they will clean them. Later down the road whoever buys them have to do their due diligence.

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » October 26th, 2018, 9:52 am

wagonon20's wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=242994593036539&id=107130889956244

Spann doin very good work to help out people like this gentle man on the book of faces , Keep it up spann

exactly this man actually helping ppl and not sitting there criticizing.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 26th, 2018, 9:53 am

Porsche getting flooded out too. Ionics like wow. Didn't know they were so popular

fireworks
Street 2NR

Postby fireworks » October 26th, 2018, 9:57 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
xtech wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

X2.....

I think there should be some kind of buyer beware warning attached somewhere in the cars history maybe on the certified copy.

You mean “Caveat Emptor”?

In the USA caveat emptor only after describing the goods as sold "as is" and/or "with all faults". In the UK, consumer law has moved away from the caveat emptor model, with laws passed that have enhanced consumer rights and allow greater leeway to return goods.

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » October 31st, 2018, 3:23 pm

fireworks at the end of the day ispann and rspann are providing services for ppl that were affected.
people who were affected are either interested or not
I personally know of someone who car got totally flooded out in santa cruz due to river bank bursting. A garage in santa cruz offered similar service as these guys are.
Car was gutted out, cleaned, couple of sensors changed and up to this day the lady still drives it, that was three to four years ago and the lady's yaris still going strong without any signs of rust,electrical or mechanical damage.

As rspann said once done properly there should be no need for owner to sell/for any future unforeseen circumstances.
There are ppl who fix and sell vehicles that were written off, have improper mig welds and reinforcements.
There are more unworthy vehicles that split and dis join on any impact ,sometimes causing death and injury to the unknowning buyers ,rather than the flooded cars which you seem to be against.

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » October 31st, 2018, 4:42 pm

It never ends

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: The official tropical weather thread 2018

Postby airuma » November 1st, 2018, 2:28 pm

Redman wrote:
fireworks wrote:Lol if they had plans to throw it away they won’t be coming by you now would they... and like I said.

Who stopping these folks who used you to save their cars from selling it full price to an unsuspecting buyer after it’s repaired?

Well this is 2018.....and any buyer needs to be smart enough to ask the questions that are relevant to them.

Since it is 2018, shouldn't the ministry of transport and motor insurance companies be proactive too?

VJTEK
3NE 2NR for life

Postby VJTEK » November 1st, 2018, 2:48 pm

I Spann, that is excellent work sir!

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 1st, 2018, 5:06 pm

airuma wrote:

Since it is 2018, shouldn't the ministry of transport and motor insurance companies be proactive too?[/quote]

Most of them are being paid for by the insurance companies.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » November 2nd, 2018, 2:00 pm

rspann wrote:
airuma wrote:

Since it is 2018, shouldn't the ministry of transport and motor insurance companies be proactive too?

Most of them are being paid for by the insurance companies.[/quote]
Motor insurance - 1; MOT - 0.
BTW, what's the issue then? Surely the motor insurance companies will not shoot themselves in the foot!

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 2nd, 2018, 3:24 pm

Correct. Also we are authorised repairers for Beacon, and they also have a warranty for any work we do for them.

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » November 5th, 2018, 2:06 am

Good work

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » November 5th, 2018, 2:06 am

I have shell Dex cool longlife coolant. High quality $75 a gallon 478-0106

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 5th, 2018, 7:45 am

Krystal Car Part Imports wrote:I have shell Dex cool longlife coolant. High quality $75 a gallon 478-0106

How is this relevant to this thread?

At least if you going to go off topic, go off topic properly nah! Is the coolant pre-mixed or concentrated?

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » November 5th, 2018, 9:06 am

Because it's important to replace all fluids after flood damage to clean up any unseen contmination. Smrty

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 5th, 2018, 3:10 pm

passed by an auto electrician today in chin chin
he had over 20 alternator/starters fixing from flood
he said they initially work after the floods but seize up soon after

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”