Forums

Inferior tyres!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Inferior tyres!

Postby airuma » November 14th, 2018, 4:31 pm

Just had a blow out of a 2 week old tyre, Rapid brand. Bought at a tyre shop in Chaguanas. The tyre shop claims that it was a result of a pot hole. The problem I had with that excuse is that it was a back tyre, I have different branded tyres at the front, where the engine is, and no damage there. They even said that when I swerved the front tyre got away but the back tyre did not..... real BS!

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Inferior tyres!

Postby skylinechild » November 14th, 2018, 4:39 pm

airuma wrote:Just had a blow out of a 2 week old tyre, Rapid brand. Bought at a tyre shop in Chaguanas. The tyre shop claims that it was a result of a pot hole. The problem I had with that excuse is that it was a back tyre, I have different branded tyres at the front, where the engine is, and no damage there. They even said that when I swerved the front tyre got away but the back tyre did not..... real BS!

you story has holes ( pun not intended) in it thou

1. tyre shop says it was as a result of a pot hole.
2.what does the tyre being in the back have to do with said alleged pot hole ?
3. why you discussing different branded tyres in front for - if the tyre that blew - was in the rear ??
4. if you swerved - why did you swerve ??? was it perhaps due to some road surface damage or indentation ??

do you have a dash cam ???
if so carry in footage to them or TTBS( bureau of standards) proving there was or was not an alleged pot hole and show the crap quality they selling

if no dash cam.... your loss... sorry to say you get what u pay for....next time dont cheap out on tyres...

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » November 14th, 2018, 4:42 pm

Lol. Sounds like the case of a crappy tire with weak sidewalls. I had the same thing happen to me a couple years ago. Wife was driving and hit a pothole. Got an instant sidewall blowout. Changed out the roadstone tires to toyo tires. Now the only problem I have is damaged rims. The tires are still good tho so there's that.

Never try to save money on tires. That's the only thing connecting you to the road. Get a good reputable brand (toyo, dunlop, bridgestone, good year etc.). Buy the tires new and make sure they were recently manufactured and you should be good to go.

Edit: Just reread what you wrote and noticed they claimed you hit a pot hole when you say you didn't. Oh well, at least you ok. Just cut your losses and consider your lesson learned.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » November 14th, 2018, 4:45 pm

airuma wrote:Just had a blow out of a 2 week old tyre, Rapid brand. Bought at a tyre shop in Chaguanas. The tyre shop claims that it was a result of a pot hole. The problem I had with that excuse is that it was a back tyre, I have different branded tyres at the front, where the engine is, and no damage there. They even said that when I swerved the front tyre got away but the back tyre did not..... real BS!

1. contact consumer affairs
2. name the brad of tyres
3. give directions to the said tyre shop without naming the said tyre shop so others will boycott said tyre shop
4. post pics of the blow out as hitting a pot hole will out blow out a tyre unless you was gunning it
5. post pics of said pot hole
6. ttps have a fraud squad, if these people selling bogus tyres it should be reported.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 14th, 2018, 4:46 pm

Once you hit a pothole you can’t blame the tire. No two encounters with a pothole are the same. It’s a gamble that you sometimes win or lose

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 14th, 2018, 4:53 pm

skylinechild wrote:

3. why you discussing different branded tyres in front for - if the tyre that blew - was in the rear ??
4. if you swerved - why did you swerve ??? was it perhaps due to some road surface damage or indentation ??

if so carry in footage to them or TTBS( bureau of standards) proving there was or was not an alleged pot hole and show the crap quality they selling

if no dash cam.... your loss... sorry to say you get what u pay for....next time dont cheap out on tyres...

So because you have on four ling long you is suddenly an authority on buss tyres?

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » November 14th, 2018, 4:54 pm

rspann wrote:
skylinechild wrote:

So because you have on four ling long you is suddenly an authority on buss tyres?

dan.. doh be on my ling long eah..... it wukkin.... :lol:

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » November 14th, 2018, 4:56 pm

screwbash wrote:

3. give directions to the said tyre shop without naming the said tyre shop so others will boycott said tyre shop
4. post pics of the blow out as hitting a pot hole will out blow out a tyre unless you was gunning it
6. ttps have a fraud squad, if these people selling bogus tyres it should be reported.

what about ppl who selling bogus rims and calling it replica.... shouldnt they also be reported.??

i once called a tuner asking about the rims... he say is replica rims.... so i say since is replica rims i could pay u in replica money....??

man get vexed and hang up.....

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 14th, 2018, 5:00 pm

Yes, you bought inferior tyres.
You live, you learn.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 14th, 2018, 5:10 pm

Your rear tyres do not follow the path of the front when turning... So the argument has some merit...

But you can't be buying cheap tyres and expect quality

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 14th, 2018, 5:23 pm

I buy four Triangle tyres, I going back to complain. They not rolling ,the bottom flat.

wingnut
3NE 2NR for life

Postby wingnut » November 14th, 2018, 5:28 pm

So op did the tyre shop replace the tyre with another rapid tyre or did you get back your money? I hope its the latter. Den again dis is trinidad so i expect neither

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » November 14th, 2018, 5:28 pm

Save your money and buy a known tyre brand, it that simple.
A quick search of reviews for Rapid (where that come from?) brand seems bot-ish.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » November 14th, 2018, 5:30 pm

rspann wrote:I buy four Triangle tyres, I going back to complain. They not rolling ,the bottom flat.

dan yuh fail "gee i'm ah tree" oar... if yuh arrange 4 triangles yuh go get ah square....ah square not round but it flat on all sides.....dats why yuh cyah roll.....

an dats how we roll...... :lol:

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 14th, 2018, 5:51 pm

it cud be whatever brand but if u hit a hole in a kinda way it will get 4kup ... sh1t happens , shrug ur shoulders & replace ur tire

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » November 14th, 2018, 5:52 pm

skylinechild wrote:
screwbash wrote:

what about ppl who selling bogus rims and calling it replica.... shouldnt they also be reported.??

i once called a tuner asking about the rims... he say is replica rims.... so i say since is replica rims i could pay u in replica money....??

man get vexed and hang up.....

Deserve all 10

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » November 14th, 2018, 6:06 pm

wingnut wrote:So op did the tyre shop replace the tyre with another rapid tyre or did you get back your money? I hope its the latter. Den again dis is trinidad so i expect neither

No replacement, no money back, was offered $100 less on replacement but I'm sufficiently convinced that the brand is poor quality. Was the only brand available with my specs (or so the tyre shop said). Was $50-$70 less than brands available at other tyre shops. Wanted to support the business of someone we know....... so much for networking!
There are two tyre shops on that street, this one is close to an insurance company.
Really posting to make others aware, especially since we were told that a tyre blow out is partly responsible for two cyclist loosing their lives recently.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 14th, 2018, 6:08 pm

The brand won't matter if it's old tires.
Noone seems concerned by that.
The stamped date is the first flecking thing to check before the tire is even mounted on your rim.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » November 14th, 2018, 6:12 pm

airuma wrote:
wingnut wrote:So op did the tyre shop replace the tyre with another rapid tyre or did you get back your money? I hope its the latter. Den again dis is trinidad so i expect neither

No replacement, no money back, was offered $100 less on replacement but I'm sufficiently convinced that the brand is poor quality. Was the only brand available with my specs (or so the tyre shop said). Was $50-$70 less than brands available at other tyre shops. Wanted to support the business of someone we know....... so much for networking!
There are two tyre shops on that street, this one is close to an insurance company.
Really posting to make others aware, especially since we were told that a tyre blow out is partly responsible for two cyclist loosing their lives recently.

actually the cause for the cyclist losing their lives was due to kant driving - TTPS indicated they reviewed the CCTV footage and saw the man changing lanes and general kant driving.

check the maxxis dealer in penal
tyre clinic in couva you cud get dunlop
kamus have firestone and bridgestone....
milemack have toyo proxies...

buy quality and dont forget to change ur valve stems on every new tyre you install ( typicaly every 3 yrs.)

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » November 14th, 2018, 6:14 pm

skylinechild wrote:

Based on my driving experience, the majority of times the front wheel will hit the pot hole and I may pull and avoid the back hitting. If hitting the pot hole was the reason, then the front tyre should also be blown or at least have a bend, especially since the engine is in the front.... looks like nothing even happened to it. The front tyres were bought over a year ago at a different tyre shop for about the same price as the one that burst.

Animal Pak
Sweet on this forum

Postby Animal Pak » November 14th, 2018, 6:22 pm

You know that ALL tyres expire 4 years after manufacturing right. Check the date on the tyre

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » November 14th, 2018, 8:35 pm

airuma wrote:
skylinechild wrote:

Based on my driving experience, the majority of times the front wheel will hit the pot hole and I may pull and avoid the back hitting. If hitting the pot hole was the reason, then the front tyre should also be blown or at least have a bend, especially since the engine is in the front.... looks like nothing even happened to it. The front tyres were bought over a year ago at a different tyre shop for about the same price as the one that burst.

bend yes but neva buss out. if allyuh stop driving like if the road smooth and driving like ah arse yuh tyre ait go mash up. drive the speed limit and som road is 30km/h not all road 100km/hr. op hadda be driving like ah arse to begin with.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 14th, 2018, 10:06 pm

Yuh want to drive moto cah? Yuh want cheap tyre? Take that in yuh mc

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » November 14th, 2018, 10:42 pm

OP you lucky you did not break your neck with those cheap tyres. But some Michelin and done. If you cannot afford it, I park up the car and travel until you save enough. It is that serious.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 14th, 2018, 10:46 pm

randolphinshan wrote:OP you lucky you did not break your neck with those cheap tyres. But some Michelin and done. If you cannot afford it, I park up the car and travel until you save enough. It is that serious.

X2

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 14th, 2018, 10:50 pm

I find Michelin real easy to bendwhen they hit holes, probably the steel in it or something, but I agree with you, buy good tyres like if your life depends on it.

vtec-ghost
3NE 2NR for life

Postby vtec-ghost » November 14th, 2018, 10:54 pm

skylinechild wrote:
airuma wrote:

actually the cause for the cyclist losing their lives was due to kant driving - TTPS indicated they reviewed the CCTV footage and saw the man changing lanes and general kant driving.

check the maxxis dealer in penal
tyre clinic in couva you cud get dunlop
kamus have firestone and bridgestone....
milemack have toyo proxies...

buy quality and dont forget to change ur valve stems on every new tyre you install ( typicaly every 3 yrs.)

maxxis :!: :!:

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 14th, 2018, 11:46 pm

Comforser and roadstone for me.
That there sufferer life.

Still paying back the loan for the pirelli p zero Nero run flats I bought since 2008.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » November 15th, 2018, 5:47 am

jus take allyuh time one the road and yuh go be better off. less gas tuh bun, less accidents, less tyre bending etc. i using hi-fly tyres over a year now and dey still running good yet people duz say dem tyre not good.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 15th, 2018, 6:10 am

MaxPower wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:OP you lucky you did not break your neck with those cheap tyres. But some Michelin and done. If you cannot afford it, I park up the car and travel until you save enough. It is that serious.

X2

:| The hired vehicles that you travel in have Michelin tyres on them?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”