Forums

Inferior tyres!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Inferior tyres!

Postby airuma » November 15th, 2018, 6:49 am

^^ Same thing I thought. BTW, I do not drive over the speed limit. I believe that the tyre is inferior but priced similar to good quality tyres.
I will look for the date stamp today.
I was told by the tyre shop that only manufacturers defects are covered by the warranty. Apparently bending is the only sign of manufactures defect, it can’t be a problem with the mix or mould.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 15th, 2018, 6:59 am

From time I hear ah brand like that I does just walk away...fk that inferior sheit

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » November 15th, 2018, 9:04 am

skylinechild wrote:
airuma wrote:
wingnut wrote:So op did the tyre shop replace the tyre with another rapid tyre or did you get back your money? I hope its the latter. Den again dis is trinidad so i expect neither

No replacement, no money back, was offered $100 less on replacement but I'm sufficiently convinced that the brand is poor quality. Was the only brand available with my specs (or so the tyre shop said). Was $50-$70 less than brands available at other tyre shops. Wanted to support the business of someone we know....... so much for networking!
There are two tyre shops on that street, this one is close to an insurance company.
Really posting to make others aware, especially since we were told that a tyre blow out is partly responsible for two cyclist loosing their lives recently.

actually the cause for the cyclist losing their lives was due to kant driving - TTPS indicated they reviewed the CCTV footage and saw the man changing lanes and general kant driving.

check the maxxis dealer in penal
tyre clinic in couva you cud get dunlop
kamus have firestone and bridgestone....
milemack have toyo proxies...

buy quality and dont forget to change ur valve stems on every new tyre you install ( typicaly every 3 yrs.)

in full agreement here SKylinechild" get proper tires for the road conditions we have.
too many inferior "CRAP" brands flooded on the market.

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » November 15th, 2018, 9:26 am

I bought some tyres from a place named Tyre Direct in cunupia. Brand name is Keter. had them for a about a year now without any issues honestly. Paid like 350 for one at the time and they are holding up pretty well for a cheaper tyre. hopefully I can upgrade sometime soon, but for a Chinese tyre they are pretty quiet and have decent performance.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » November 15th, 2018, 9:30 am

I think Rapid tyres made by Michelin....

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » November 15th, 2018, 9:34 am

of course it have cheap (inferior) tyres on the market... both new and used

they cater for the cheap folks

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » November 15th, 2018, 9:47 am

ADONI wrote:I think Rapid tyres made by Michelin....

now that'll catch on...sigh

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » November 15th, 2018, 9:58 am

16 cycles wrote:

Sadly it doesn't matter what you think ADONI. Show us the proof. You sounds like the guy that told me Sailun tires made by Bridgestone.

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » November 15th, 2018, 10:26 am

Slartibartfast wrote:
16 cycles wrote:

Sadly it doesn't matter what you think ADONI. Show us the proof. You sounds like the guy that told me Sailun tires made by Bridgestone.

That was the point I was trying to bring across...

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » November 15th, 2018, 10:28 am

ADONI wrote:That was the point I was trying to bring across...

Yeah I'm an idiot sometimes. Sorry. That went over my head. Moving along. Nothing to see here.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » November 15th, 2018, 10:59 am

Slartibartfast wrote:
16 cycles wrote:

Sailun tyres made with Bridgestone technology...... they bought the rejected moulds from Bridgestone..... this trick has been out a long time.
TBH, I was not aiming at the cheapest tyres but I was looking for VALUE for money. I used bridgestone, toyo, nexen, firestone, pirelli, kumho.... in the past and have 0 complaints. All tyres were used until worn out. As stated before, we were just supporting the business of someone we know and thought that they would not mislead us (I would normally check tire rack for reviews first)..... they did not have to say it's not good quality.... they could have just said they have no more stock on that size.
I will be taking it to the bureau of standards because I believe this is a serious issue.

Defiant
Ricer

Postby Defiant » November 15th, 2018, 12:52 pm

What size rim and tyre combination you running OP, as cheap tyres are just that cheap tyres.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » November 15th, 2018, 4:15 pm

airuma wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
16 cycles wrote:

Sailun tyres made with Bridgestone technology...... they bought the rejected moulds from Bridgestone..... this trick has been out a long time.
TBH, I was not aiming at the cheapest tyres but I was looking for VALUE for money. I used bridgestone, toyo, nexen, firestone, pirelli, kumho.... in the past and have 0 complaints. All tyres were used until worn out. As stated before, we were just supporting the business of someone we know and thought that they would not mislead us (I would normally check tire rack for reviews first)..... they did not have to say it's not good quality.... they could have just said they have no more stock on that size.
I will be taking it to the bureau of standards because I believe this is a serious issue.

Ok well that actually makes sense. My friend was saying that Sailun has similar sipimg to bridgstone tires. The problem is that siping is only one part of the equation to ensure proper contact in wet conditions. The actual rubber being used would be of most concern to me.

The roadstones that came with my car had kind of poor traction (5.5/10). The toyo i have for the past 3 years has not lost traction yet, and I've tried. Used to do like 50km/h and mash brakes when pulling up by my house (once nobody around) to test it out. Never skid yet.

Funny thing though, the bridgestone duellers i had on the work pickup has the worst traction I ever came across. 4/10 in dry conditions and 1.5/10 in wet. That worse than all them chinee brands IMO.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » November 15th, 2018, 4:27 pm

screwbash wrote:jus take allyuh time one the road and yuh go be better off. less gas tuh bun, less accidents, less tyre bending etc. i using hi-fly tyres over a year now and dey still running good yet people duz say dem tyre not good.
Ive seen hifly tyres around and honeslty they dont look too bad...
They arent really cheap price...just slighty better priced than brand name.....
What are your reviews on them....im thinking about purchasing a set.....

Also i am seeing alot of ppl running windforce and powertrain and all other unknown tyres without issue...

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 15th, 2018, 4:30 pm

Bought some 18" Power Trac in September. First time not buying an established brand. So far so good.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » November 15th, 2018, 4:35 pm

*$kїđž!™ wrote:Also i am seeing alot of ppl running windforce and powertrain and all other unknown tyres without issue...
This seems like an odd statement. What tires do you see people running with issues? I think you are being misled by a survivorship bias.

To be fair, you can run just about any tire without issues. The better brands are just a lot less likely to cause issues so you need to do a cost/benefit analysis to see what makes sense for you. Personally, an increased chance of getting into an accident it too high of a cost for me to bear so I stick to brand name tires that I believe I can trust.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 15th, 2018, 5:05 pm

Why people buying those cheap Chinese tires (tyres) ?

Go to "Tire Rack" (https://www.tirerack.com ) and check out the specifications and see the tests and ratings.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » November 15th, 2018, 5:14 pm

RedVEVO wrote:Why people buying those cheap Chinese tires (tyres) ?

Go to "Tire Rack" (https://www.tirerack.com ) and check out the specifications and see the tests and ratings.
Prob because thats what they can afford right now...Things are tough

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 15th, 2018, 5:19 pm

*$kїđž!™ wrote:

Ok :roll:

But checking tire rack is free , no charge .

Just saying - use good rubbers or mistakes happens.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » November 15th, 2018, 5:57 pm

*$kїđž!™ wrote:

This is BS 90% of the time because they on fancy rims and driving fancy car yet rubbish tyres. Some trinis boast about how cheap their tyres were and the deal they got, yet complain of inferior tyres when something happens.

If you bought sheit, don't complain when sheit happens.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 15th, 2018, 6:08 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:
*$kїđž!™ wrote:

This is BS 90% of the time because they on fancy rims and driving fancy car yet rubbish tyres. Some trinis boast about how cheap their tyres were and the deal they got, yet complain of inferior tyres when something happens.

If you bought sheit, don't complain when sheit happens.

And the "sheit" usually involves other people who have really good tires (tyres)

You driving and the out of nowhere sheitty sheitty bang bang .. :roll: :roll:

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 15th, 2018, 9:25 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
*$kїđž!™ wrote:

If only your father had known this.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 15th, 2018, 9:37 pm

rollingstock wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
*$kїđž!™ wrote:

If only your father had known this.

Daddy rich .

He always use Cooper tires .

You still reading books and trying to be CoP ?

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Inferior tyres!

Postby A172 » November 15th, 2018, 10:31 pm

if it wasnt for trinituner it wouldnt have anywhere for boolas to run to impress other boolas abt how they buy "expensive" tires worth more than the pos it on

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » November 15th, 2018, 10:43 pm

Op. Is your car crims dong or oversized with condom tire and cutting humps is a past time like half of chinidad? Do you do it for the "yea boi it hard boi", "dan it fresh", "wetter dan meh flooded house bai" boyz? Asking for a friend.

linton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby linton » November 15th, 2018, 11:53 pm

A172 wrote:if it wasnt for trinituner it wouldnt have anywhere for boolas to run to impress other boolas abt how they buy "expensive" tires worth more than the pos it on

QFT.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 16th, 2018, 7:08 am

I have Kumho on one car, Dunlop on another and Sailun on the daily driver.

I bought the Sailun because online reviews indicated it was a good budget tyre and where I have to drive, the tyre has about an 80% probability of getting damaged (bent) because of the condition of the roads where I have to go as part of my job. I am no "shotta" to be able to afford spending lots of money on tyres that have a high chance of getting damaged on a frequent basis.

I have been running the Sailun brand on that car for a few years now and never had any real problems, despite on the odd occasion hitting some deep potholes and the tyres having a 40 aspect ratio. I try my best to use the 3 second rule when driving, and adjust my speed based on the road conditions. I will continue to buy the Sailun until I no longer have to drive on those bad roads. I will probably revert to Hankook that the car came with when that time comes around.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » November 16th, 2018, 8:56 am

A172 wrote:if it wasnt for trinituner it wouldnt have anywhere for boolas to run to impress other boolas abt how they buy "expensive" tires worth more than the pos it on

keyboard shottas

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 16th, 2018, 9:53 am

Slartibartfast wrote:
airuma wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
16 cycles wrote:

Ok well that actually makes sense. My friend was saying that Sailun has similar sipimg to bridgstone tires. The problem is that siping is only one part of the equation to ensure proper contact in wet conditions. The actual rubber being used would be of most concern to me.

The roadstones that came with my car had kind of poor traction (5.5/10). The toyo i have for the past 3 years has not lost traction yet, and I've tried. Used to do like 50km/h and mash brakes when pulling up by my house (once nobody around) to test it out. Never skid yet.

Funny thing though, the bridgestone duellers i had on the work pickup has the worst traction I ever came across. 4/10 in dry conditions and 1.5/10 in wet. That worse than all them chinee brands IMO.

I know the Bridgestones of which you speak.... dueler 840.
I am still wearing through my set. If anything those tyres thought me how to drive better. As the grip is low... You find the limits pretty quickly, and you learn how to use all of it

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 16th, 2018, 10:36 am

Econo box, econo tyre ..... just don’t drive like it’s a high performance vehicle. I am more concerned about old, bald tyres than cheap ones.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”