Forums

Question about transfer

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

streetpunk
3NE 2NR for life

Question about transfer

Postby streetpunk » November 15th, 2018, 11:35 pm

Hey tuners need some advice here...it is illegal to sell a vehicle that you bought and didn't transfer yet as the vehicle wasn't in driving condition...
Also can the registered owner refuse to transfer the said vehicle to the person you sold it to as they said they sold it to you and not the other person?

I'm just asking for advice please if anyone could enlighten me

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Question about transfer

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 15th, 2018, 11:42 pm

Supposed to transfer to you as soon as you buy it.
Double down on your loss.
Transfer to your name, then to new buyer.

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » November 16th, 2018, 8:58 am

streetpunk wrote:Hey tuners need some advice here...it is illegal to sell a vehicle that you bought and didn't transfer yet as the vehicle wasn't in driving condition...
Also can the registered owner refuse to transfer the said vehicle to the person you sold it to as they said they sold it to you and not the other person?

I'm just asking for advice please if anyone could enlighten me

yes they can as their sales receipt would have your name on it. you were supposed to transfer it as soon as possible. as vexxdog said you will have to bite the bullet and do a double transfer

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » November 16th, 2018, 9:30 am

Yup. If the vehicle is not in driving condition you are supposed to bring it on a wrecker to be checked out for the transfer to be done. The previous seller has no agreement with the person you are trying to sell it to and has no obligation to sell it to them.

As the others said, you have to do the double transfer.

ryansouthman
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ryansouthman » November 16th, 2018, 10:20 am

Slartibartfast wrote:Yup. If the vehicle is not in driving condition you are supposed to bring it on a wrecker to be checked out for the transfer to be done. The previous seller has no agreement with the person you are trying to sell it to and has no obligation to sell it to them.

Had this issue once, license office told me they cannot transfer the vehicle if it is not able to drive over the pit, they advised me to repair the vehicle and then continue with the transfer. I ended up using a back door link and got thru.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » November 16th, 2018, 10:37 am

ryansouthman wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:Yup. If the vehicle is not in driving condition you are supposed to bring it on a wrecker to be checked out for the transfer to be done. The previous seller has no agreement with the person you are trying to sell it to and has no obligation to sell it to them.

Had this issue once, license office told me they cannot transfer the vehicle if it is not able to drive over the pit, they advised me to repair the vehicle and then continue with the transfer. I ended up using a back door link and got thru.

Hmmm... well if that's the case then thats bullsh!t. I transfered a damaged bike once (which theu cant use the pit for for onvious reasons) and they just needed it to be off the wrecker and on the ground. I have no idea why because all the needed that for was to verify the chassis no.

So it's impossible to transfer a damaged non driving vehicle? What if you are buying a car fir parts? Honestly curious.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 16th, 2018, 3:34 pm

It's possible to transfer a non-working car.
Need it on a wrecker.
The LO who give southman problems probably wanted palm grease.

streetpunk
3NE 2NR for life

Postby streetpunk » November 17th, 2018, 10:52 am

Thanks for the help thus far tuners
Last edited by streetpunk on November 17th, 2018, 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

streetpunk
3NE 2NR for life

Postby streetpunk » November 17th, 2018, 11:01 am

Also tuners as to the question of legality, is it somehow illegal/ breaking the law by selling a vehicle that isn't transferred as yet?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 17th, 2018, 2:43 pm

Why you getting on as though the registered owner at fault? He didn't sell the other person the car, what you want him to do? Make a false receipt as though he sold it to that person and transfer it to him just so you could save the tax? If any problem with the car and a lawsuit arises then he will be liable. You want to blackmail him into doing it your way by holding the fine for not transferring over his head, it could backfire because he could blame you for not facilitating the transfer by keeping back the process because you don't want it in your name. Nobody could force him to do what you're asking. Do the right thing and stop getting on like a streetpunk.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 17th, 2018, 2:46 pm

Go through the back door and do it illegally so the responsibility for the fraud will be yours and not the person who wants to do the right thing.

streetpunk
3NE 2NR for life

Postby streetpunk » November 17th, 2018, 10:27 pm

It wasn't a problem in the first place to transfer to new owner...but due to a domestic dispute with a family member....he is being spiteful...as he had no problem doing it before...
Just to clear that up

ryansouthman
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ryansouthman » November 19th, 2018, 10:26 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:It's possible to transfer a non-working car.
Need it on a wrecker.
The LO who give southman problems probably wanted palm grease.
seein dat

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”