The owner maintained/tuned thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: The owner maintained/tuned thread

Postby kamakazi » November 24th, 2018, 2:09 pm

88sins wrote:ok fellas, need some help
I want to change the headlight bulbs in a project car, currently running halogens but wanna convert to HID/xenons. Anybody know who/where has complete HID conversion kits reasonably priced? Already have projectors to install.
As this is black Friday weekend... You can check theretrofitsource.com and get up to 25% off... They have some of the best quality aftermarket parts you will find.

What projectors do you have?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 25th, 2018, 5:18 am

got a kit by Bobby's for $299, but boi when I tell u the thing had some kinda oil/grease all over it. Not good for the plastic driver housing and insulators at all.
only one problem remains, it came with 6000k xenon bulbs :cry: need bi-xenon bulbs for the high/low beams, & would really prefer 4300k or 5000k.

now I studying who have bi-xenon bulbs locally boi. I really eh wanna bring that in but if I got no choice then I got no choice.

in case anyone wondering wtf is a bi-xenon bulb,
Bi-Xenon-Headlights.jpg

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » November 25th, 2018, 6:53 am

Have a place on munroe road chaguanas near d highway side .. them does have led n hid n stuff . Variety

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 25th, 2018, 6:58 am

supernedd wrote:Have a place on munroe road chaguanas near d highway side .. them does have led n hid n stuff . Variety

it have a couple dozen places that side :lol:
u get the name of the place plz.

thnx

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » November 25th, 2018, 7:01 am

88sins wrote:
supernedd wrote:Have a place on munroe road chaguanas near d highway side .. them does have led n hid n stuff . Variety

it have a couple dozen places that side

thnx
Can't remember the name. If i pass . Will try n get it . Directions ..when u come off munroe rd flyover .. u passing abrahams grill on d right .. u driving n follow the road .u will pass a car parts place on your left .. a grocery on your right. After the car parts place is the building where the lights place is located . At d side of d building

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 25th, 2018, 7:01 am

when buying oil buy the largest amount possible, i buying 20L of oil since my first oil change on my pickup and never looked back. invest in a bucket pump to minimal wastage and cross contamination as those are the killer with bulk oil.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 25th, 2018, 8:02 am

88sins wrote:got a kit by Bobby's for $299, but boi when I tell u the thing had some kinda oil/grease all over it. Not good for the plastic driver housing and insulators at all.
only one problem remains, it came with 6000k xenon bulbs :cry: need bi-xenon bulbs for the high/low beams, & would really prefer 4300k or 5000k.

now I studying who have bi-xenon bulbs locally boi. I really eh wanna bring that in but if I got no choice then I got no choice.

Bi-Xenon-Headlights.jpg
I didn't know you wanted cheap thing. Bi-xenon just means that one xenon bulb is used for high and low beam. I don't know who makes those bulbs you have pictured, that appears to emulate an H4 bulb.

As much as some people can do it themselves, not everyone takes the time to do it right.

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » November 25th, 2018, 10:14 am

Ted_v2 wrote:when buying oil buy the largest amount possible, i buying 20L of oil since my first oil change on my pickup and never looked back. invest in a bucket pump to minimal wastage and cross contamination as those are the killer with bulk oil.

what brand and where?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 25th, 2018, 10:42 am

supernedd wrote:
88sins wrote:

it have a couple dozen places that side

thnx
Can't remember the name. If i pass . Will try n get it . Directions ..when u come off munroe rd flyover .. u passing abrahams grill on d right .. u driving n follow the road .u will pass a car parts place on your left .. a grocery on your right. After the car parts place is the building where the lights place is located . At d side of d building

Think he talking about "white out" ....if ur heading west on munroe road its to the back of a building on the right...kinda difficult to see from this angle..

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 25th, 2018, 3:18 pm

I using Mannol 15w40 fully synthetic. I getting from a fella who does sell from his personal barrel.

Sent from my GT-I9060C using TriniTuner mobile app

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 25th, 2018, 5:53 pm

Y'all talking about S Khan paint shop, just after Abrahams and Forensys. He has all types and good prices. Good quality too.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 25th, 2018, 10:04 pm

rspann wrote:Y'all talking about S Khan paint shop, just after Abrahams and Forensys. He has all types and good prices. Good quality too.
Nope, another guy.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 26th, 2018, 6:31 am

dont forget to change the bulb sockets to ceramic one time, most does end up melting eventually with the heat

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 26th, 2018, 6:34 am

nervewrecker wrote:
rspann wrote:Y'all talking about S Khan paint shop, just after Abrahams and Forensys. He has all types and good prices. Good quality too.
Nope, another guy.

I think is "white out lighting" they referring to....all kinda fancy lights in deh, thing to make license officers smile when they see yuh

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 26th, 2018, 9:48 am

kamakazi wrote:
88sins wrote:got a kit by Bobby's for $299, but boi when I tell u the thing had some kinda oil/grease all over it. Not good for the plastic driver housing and insulators at all.

Bi-Xenon-Headlights.jpg
I didn't know you wanted cheap thing. Bi-xenon just means that one xenon bulb is used for high and low beam. I don't know who makes those bulbs you have pictured, that appears to emulate an H4 bulb.

As much as some people can do it themselves, not everyone takes the time to do it right.

you need to pump your brakes & enhance yuh calm son,
u got no clue what I'm doing, or how I'm doing it, or why I'm doing it. But lemme give you some insight.
I don't do shortcuts, temporary patches, quick fixes or ratch. If I do a particular something a certain way, or buy a specific hard to source item when there's other options available, there's reasons for that too.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 26th, 2018, 12:01 pm

I didn't mean to rant on you there; I was upset at the lack of availability of quality parts because most people buy cheap parts

That doesn't change the fact that it is a cheap fix. No OEM brand produces that bulb and for good reason.
(Reason: since the bulb appears to emulate an H4 filament offset, the time required for a ballast to light off the mixture and achieve full brightness if one had to put on high beams for a short period of time is to long. Also most aftermarket ballasts have a long warm up time; much longer than OEM specifications)

88sins wrote:I don't do shortcuts, temporary patches, quick fixes or ratch.

Never say never. At one point you have done or will do something you say you don't do... You will tell yourself you didn't but it will happen.

I did inquire as to what projectors they are going to be used in; the thing is since the bulbs you pictured don't conform to any standard the results are going to be poor regardless.

I do shortcuts, temporary fixes, etc. but, just like saying something is expensive/cheap or old/new or reliable/unreliable, it needs a basis for comparison.
I reuse split pins, castle nuts, crush washers when i can.... Not really supposed to.
Sometimes I replace one velocity boot/ball joint (the damaged one i can see Vs the damaged one and the corresponding undamaged one on the other side cause i believe they should be changed in pairs.)
One spark plug wire or coil instead of the set cause they were all manufactured at around the same time with the same processes and similar tolerances and defects.
Sometimes I am just lazy or an emergency comes up.

You already told us what you don't do. Can you tell us what you do.
Last edited by kamakazi on November 26th, 2018, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 26th, 2018, 3:45 pm

why u wanna know what I do? lol
well, i do all my own vehicles mechanical work (including but not limited to pressing bearings, steering & suspension work ), electrical diagnostics & repairs, ac work short of welding (but only cuz I got no torch of my own), & engine work ( but only once the back eh acting up.) my scope of engine work not limited to tune ups & oil changes btw, actually did a rebuild on a 4g15DOHC couple months ago.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 26th, 2018, 3:49 pm

88sins wrote:why u wanna know what I do? lol
well, i do all my own vehicles mechanical work (including but not limited to pressing bearings, steering & suspension work ), electrical diagnostics & repairs, ac work short of welding (but only cuz I got no torch of my own), & engine work ( but only once the back eh acting up.) my scope of engine work not limited to tune ups & oil changes btw, actually did a rebuild on a 4g15DOHC couple months ago.
I did edit the message.

What I was getting at is that at some point you will do the same thing you said you don't do.... Lol.
You will try ratch, shortcut, etc.

It is all part of learning.

That hid kit is still cheap though.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 26th, 2018, 6:43 pm

kamakazi wrote:I did edit the message.

What I was getting at is that at some point you will do the same thing you said you don't do.... Lol.
You will try ratch, shortcut, etc.

t is all part of learning.

That hid kit is still cheap though.

so is learning from other people's successes & failures so you don't have to do hack work :lol: that's how I learn, & then I look for ways to improve on what's already good enough.
but yeah that kit cheap, I now give my nephew it.
Studying if to get another one or just drop in some LED's,

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 2nd, 2018, 4:58 pm

I now do a lil mudguard adjustment
Heat gun and a big stone

Tire not rubbing anymore

20181202_162503.jpeg

kamakazi
punchin NOS