Forums

Cost to have a baby in T&T ?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

eurotuner
12 pounds of Boost

Cost to have a baby in T&T ?

Postby eurotuner » November 19th, 2018, 10:02 pm

Random question(no i did not get anybody pregos :lol: )
How much does it cost at private hospitals in T&T to have a child??????

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Cost to have a baby in T&T ?

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 19th, 2018, 10:05 pm

Over the 9 months maybe an easy 60-80k

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 19th, 2018, 10:07 pm

OB visits over the 9m, maybe 10-12K

Delivery: 20-40k depending
Hospital: 10-15K with supplies and meds
Ped fee: 2-3k
my data is about 5 yrs old, plenty changed.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 19th, 2018, 10:29 pm

You can do it the normal way that everybody does, which happens to be getting everything free from the Health Centre whatever they offer free. And do the delivery in Mount Hope like my sister in law did Free of charge and everything was fine just like a private hospital.

And leave the rest up to evolution and natural selection. Chances are natural selection will ensure that your child will be fine with spending little money, like we humans have done for hundred of thousands of years even millions of years if you check our earlier ancestors before we became homo sapiens.

Or you can do it another way which is to outspend the next human nearest to you for higher and respect in life to let the peasants know who is boss.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » November 19th, 2018, 10:34 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:You can do it the normal way that everybody does, which happens to be getting everything free from the Health Centre whatever they offer free. And do the delivery in Mount Hope like my sister in law did Free of charge and everything was fine.

And leave the rest up to evolution and natural selection. Chances are natural selection will ensure that your child will be fine with spending almost nothing, like we humans have done for hundred of thousands of years even millions of years if you check our earlier ancestors before we became homo sapiens.

Or you can do it another way which is to outspend the next human nearest to you for higher and respect in life to let the peasants know who is boss.

had nothing to do with outspending anyone, ED.

Had some bad experience with public health for a number of different family members, so I was taking no chances with my first and only child. I manned the firetruck up and put my little one first, and trusted a system that I was more confident in.

Worked well for me, and I thank God for it.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 19th, 2018, 10:38 pm

Whatever cost you get its twice that with Prakashban Persad. Maybe more now that he have a fancy hospital to pay for.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 19th, 2018, 10:39 pm

^ nothing wrong with that, you made a good choice and it worked out. I have a neighbor up here who is an Indian woman who had a child In Mt Hope and they mix up her child with an African baby from Tobago.

It took her 6 months to get back her child and to even realize the African kid was not her kid.

Doh even ask nah boy

But for the majority 99% of us were born in public hospital all was fine which is a good thing. I usually put faith in natural selection

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 19th, 2018, 11:23 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:You can do it the normal way that everybody does, which happens to be getting everything free from the Health Centre whatever they offer free. And do the delivery in Mount Hope like my sister in law did Free of charge and everything was fine just like a private hospital.

And leave the rest up to evolution and natural selection. Chances are natural selection will ensure that your child will be fine with spending little money, like we humans have done for hundred of thousands of years even millions of years if you check our earlier ancestors before we became homo sapiens.

You seem upset about other people's money, and how they choose to spend it.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 19th, 2018, 11:33 pm

Grande hospital still rated as the best wrt this topic

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » November 19th, 2018, 11:53 pm

Spent approx 41k in August for an elective C section done privately.

This was the doctor's, hospital, anesthesiologist and pediatrician fees.

Over the 9 months before was approx 800 per month for the visit and ultrasound. Had a 2k anomaly visit at 20 weeks and a 5k harmony test at 12 weeks. Maybe a blood test or 2 and a glucose tolerance one also.

mragoobir
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mragoobir » November 20th, 2018, 12:05 am

Ah spranger deliverd her own pickny on d pavement in curepe for free!! No complections,child healty azfork

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 20th, 2018, 7:46 am

mragoobir wrote:Ah spranger deliverd her own pickny on d pavement in curepe for free!! No complections,child healty azfork

Exactly

We have been doing this for over 4 million years, long before we even had hospitals or heck long before we could walk upright or even resemble anything remotely human. There should be absolutely no cost anywhere in the world except America where every clown thinks that free healthcare cannot be paid for even though they are the richest country in the world.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 20th, 2018, 7:54 am

From age 1-18 ....is 1mil investment..if you can't tie yuh tubes

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » November 20th, 2018, 7:55 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
mragoobir wrote:Ah spranger deliverd her own pickny on d pavement in curepe for free!! No complections,child healty azfork

Exactly

We have been doing this for over 4 million years, long before we even had hospitals or heck long before we could walk upright or even resemble anything remotely human. There should be absolutely no cost anywhere in the world except America where every clown thinks that free healthcare cannot be paid for even though they are the richest country in the world.
You really are quite ill informed.

The mortality rate for the mother and baby has only dropped drastically within the past 100 years due to modern medicine.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 20th, 2018, 8:48 am

Iifetime investment...straight until university level

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » November 20th, 2018, 9:09 am

C-section is big business in T&T. There was an article some time ago which mentioned the number of operations performed here is quite high relative to the total number of births.

Long time that was reserved for those situations where a vaginal birth would put the mother or child at risk. Nowadays many ladies just want to keep the integrity, can't blame doctors for taking advantage of an opportunity. ...:|

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » November 20th, 2018, 3:13 pm

hydroep wrote:C-section is big business in T&T. There was an article some time ago which mentioned the number of operations performed here is quite high relative to the total number of births.

Long time that was reserved for those situations where a vaginal birth would put the mother or child at risk. Nowadays many ladies just want to keep the integrity, can't blame doctors for taking advantage of an opportunity. ...:|

Put that in English for a dotishy like me. You saying women conscious that doctors see they tuntun?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 20th, 2018, 3:40 pm

Les Bain wrote:
hydroep wrote:C-section is big business in T&T. There was an article some time ago which mentioned the number of operations performed here is quite high relative to the total number of births.

Put that in English for a dotishy like me. You saying women conscious that doctors see they tuntun?

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe he meant some women prefer to have a c-section than loose dey grip or tightness which not easy to get back after childbirth. Some will get it back faster than others and depends on many factors (age, genes, previous childbirths, health, etc.)

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » November 20th, 2018, 3:49 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
Les Bain wrote:

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe he meant some women prefer to have a c-section than loose dey grip or tightness which not easy to get back after childbirth. Some will get it back faster than others and depends on many factors (age, genes, previous childbirths, health, etc.)

Is so? Thanks for clearing that up.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » November 20th, 2018, 4:01 pm

The_Honourable has it right.

Some does 'fraid it rip too. Despite how they does complain about a man's "attachement" to his penis, every lady knows her vajayjay is her currency and it must be kept in tip-top condition for as long as possible...just in case things eh work out with the hubby.

Ah mean — as car enthusiasts — if yuh getting a choice between one that have a few bangs and dings and another that pass through a demolition derby, which one yuh go choose?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 20th, 2018, 4:27 pm

The docs usually offering to tighten up also
A straightening and painting job

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » November 20th, 2018, 5:31 pm

pugboy wrote:The docs usually offering to tighten up also
A straightening and painting job
Boy the size of some of them babies these days I sure chassis does ben up

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 20th, 2018, 6:17 pm

Who say chassis?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 20th, 2018, 7:30 pm

rspann wrote:Who say chassis?
Not even you could fix up some of them junk a nanny out there Spann

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 20th, 2018, 8:28 pm

#writeoff

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » November 21st, 2018, 12:47 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Whatever cost you get its twice that with Prakashban Persad. Maybe more now that he have a fancy hospital to pay for.

He retired years now. But hr is worth it. I will still spend that money if I have it to be under his care

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » November 21st, 2018, 12:53 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:You can do it the normal way that everybody does, which happens to be getting everything free from the Health Centre whatever they offer free. And do the delivery in Mount Hope like my sister in law did Free of charge and everything was fine just like a private hospital.

I doh normally agree with Ed but he's right in this case. Go public care and it free and in case of emergency. You there already. Most nursing home will transfer you to a general Hospital

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 21st, 2018, 5:54 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:You can do it the normal way that everybody does, which happens to be getting everything free from the Health Centre whatever they offer free. And do the delivery in Mount Hope like my sister in law did Free of charge and everything was fine.

And leave the rest up to evolution and natural selection. Chances are natural selection will ensure that your child will be fine with spending almost nothing, like we humans have done for hundred of thousands of years even millions of years if you check our earlier ancestors before we became homo sapiens.

had nothing to do with outspending anyone, ED.

Had some bad experience with public health for a number of different family members, so I was taking no chances with my first and only child. I manned the firetruck up and put my little one first, and trusted a system that I was more confident in.

Worked well for me, and I thank God for it.

relative was going grande hospital as well as private in medical associates for checkups
near to due date, she went medical associates for a ultrasound or something again and they tell her the umbilical cord wrapping around the child neck and the heart beat not as strong, doctor wrote a letter and told her to go grande for delivery as she was a patient there
when she gone, they refuse, they tell her no private doctor could tell them what to do, to go back private as they not delivering the child for atleast a week again. NURSES tell her this eh,they get vex when they see the letter.

she end up going back medical associates and paying 12 or 15k for immediate delivery.
this was 6 years ago

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 21st, 2018, 6:20 am

hong kong phooey wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Whatever cost you get its twice that with Prakashban Persad. Maybe more now that he have a fancy hospital to pay for.

He retired years now. But hr is worth it. I will still spend that money if I have it to be under his care
Can't be that long. My son was born in 2016 and Praks was still delivering then. This is when he was still in Emerald Plaza. He didn't for my son cuz he was on vacation.

whiteliver
Street 2NR

Postby whiteliver » November 21st, 2018, 9:57 pm

remember any complications in private hospitals they sending yuh public.....quick quick.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”