Forums

Cops kidnapped me ......maraval victim claims

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

wickedtuna
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Cops kidnapped me ......maraval victim claims

Postby wickedtuna » November 25th, 2018, 11:32 am

EIGHTH months ago to the date, Darrell Cuffy was snatched by two masked men, who he suspects are police officers and kept for six months while the kidnappers unsuccessfully begged for a ransom.

In one of the most unusual cases of kidnappings in TT, Cuffy, without a ransom being paid, was released by his kidnappers. Apart from being taken away from his loved ones, blind folded for most of the time in captivity and fending off insects, Cuffy remained unharmed.The 19-year-old's suspicion that those sworn to protect and serve, with pride, kidnapped him, was relayed to Police Commissioner Gary Griffith a few weeks ago.

In an interview with Sunday Newsday on October 9, Cuffy's father, Farrell Cuffy said his son, following his release, told him that he was convinced it was police who kidnapped him. He said his son's reasoning was simple, the kidnappers did not inflict physical harm and while he was in their vehicle he overheard a report about a shooting in the Maraval area.

On April 25, Darrell was snatched as he drove his father’s car in Fairways, Maraval. Footage from surveillance cameras showed he was taken by two men in a dark SUV with blue flashing lights. On October 5 he was released around 1 am near the Caroni Bird Sanctuary and alerted a passer-by who contacted the police. Cuffy was taken to his Port of Spain home and reunited with his family.

The night Cuffy was kidnapped there was a report of a shooting incident in the Maraval area. The two incidents were conflated at first and there were reports that Cuffy was the person shot.

Two weeks before Cuffy was released Griffith met with his parents. Griffith then asked AKU officers to use the information he had received to complete the investigation. This resulted in several places being searched. Cuffy after his release wanted to speak with police only in the presence of Griffith.

"I spoke to him (Darrell) a few weeks ago. We spoke at length and he gave a lot of information that could be of value that could put a closure to this case" Griffith said when asked about the status of the investigation. He added that he could not say more as any ongoing investigation must be kept under wraps as releasing information will compromise the investigation.

When Sunday Newsday contacted Darrell, last week, he said he spoke to Griffith and had put the matter behind him and was leaving it in the hands of the Police Commissioner. Since giving his statement directly to Griffith, Cuffy said he has had no communication with the top cop.

"Yeah they (police) had a part to play in my kidnapping" he said adding that he was now "over that".

During the interview in October, Farrell said after his son confided in him, he believed him and believed that the meeting he and his wife had with Griffith led to his kidnappers releasing him. He added then that there is some sort of kidnapping syndicate as most of the kidnapping he had heard of from news outlets always hinted that the kidnappers held their victims in a remote bushy area, just as his son was.

He said then that when his first born son was released, his hair was matted and his face two-toned from being blindfolded. He also lost significant weight. Cuffy in dismissing suggestions that his son faked the kidnapping to squeeze cash out of him, said his children were not raised in such a way.

https://newsday.co.tt/2018/11/24/cops-kidnapped-me/

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Cops kidnapped me ......maraval victim claims

Postby Rovin » November 25th, 2018, 1:28 pm

feller still saying somebody wud keep\mind a ransom victim for 6 mths .... :| :| :|

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 25th, 2018, 2:18 pm

The strange part is he is 100% OK and not been harmed in anyway shape or form.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 25th, 2018, 2:41 pm

$100 bet that this is some weird gay closet story.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » November 25th, 2018, 2:58 pm

maj. tom wrote:$100 bet that this is some weird gay closet story.
^^^^^ this sounds about right !

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 25th, 2018, 4:06 pm

Who cares about he

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » November 25th, 2018, 4:17 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:The strange part is he is 100% OK and not been harmed in anyway shape or form.

Not true- insects were attacking him though he did mange to chase them off.

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » November 26th, 2018, 3:47 pm

Sounds legit. lol lol.

Shame in their arse.

Literally and figuratively.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 26th, 2018, 7:10 pm

thelem-again wrote:

Sounds legit. lol lol.

Shame in their arse.

Literally and figuratively.

now that buggery legalize he might come out

but how do we explain the cctv footage?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 27th, 2018, 7:53 am

If is the good boys at TTPS involved ...again...I say double the penalties

D Diesel Report
Trinituner Peong

Postby D Diesel Report » November 27th, 2018, 12:51 pm

MaxPower wrote:Who cares about he

So is only 1% and government ministers people must care about? :drinking: :drinking:

That kinda thinking is what does have young people taking up guns cause they feel they doh matter. 0X

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » November 27th, 2018, 1:17 pm

timelapse wrote:If is the good boys at TTPS involved ...again...I say double the penalties

its actually like that in Singapore (iirc)..if not Singapore i'll get the country and edit it in.

in the country any govt official caught in ANY criminal activity.... ..get double the punishment for the crime - as opposed to a normal citizen.

i would like to believe govt official also would mean police officers.... but hey.... who knows...

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 27th, 2018, 3:27 pm

D Diesel Report wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Who cares about he

So is only 1% and government ministers people must care about? :drinking: :drinking:

can't speak for everybody, but I eh give a crap about them either :drinking:

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 29th, 2018, 7:44 pm

I didn't want to respond ,but the youth is getting a real bad rap on tuner. The night he was kidnapped he left by me around five thirty in the evening after collecting his father's Hilux. He dropped it off and switched cars and was kidnapped three hours after.

His father knew who did it and went to the police with the info, but got no help. They were in contact with him right through and was telling him all they knew about his finances and he plain refused to pay because he knew they might still do whatever they were going to do. His mother would have paid ,but the father stood his ground.

No help was forthcoming until the mother went to Gary, and when Gary started to make waves they released the boy. He is a very decent hardworking young man in his father's business who was taken because of the perception that the father has loads of cash.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 29th, 2018, 7:59 pm

i will give all sayers a hearing but does it sound logical or d norm to kidnap & keep anybody for 6 whole mths ... :|

antlind
Riding on 17's

Postby antlind » November 29th, 2018, 8:07 pm

Rovin's Audio wrote:i will give all sayers a hearing but does it sound logical or d norm to kidnap & keep anybody for 6 whole mths ... :|

^^^^^

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » November 29th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Is six mths they kept him :o and he overs tht

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 30th, 2018, 7:24 am

The kind of money they were playing for, it was worth it to them.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”