93%
No, I have glaucoma.
7%

Total votes: 41

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Re: Do bright headlights bother you?

Postby INHUMAN » December 9th, 2018, 3:30 pm

Awww...love you too e-bro *mwah mwah mwah* ... u can now check that off your xmas list.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » December 9th, 2018, 3:43 pm

And these white indicators

Sheesssh!

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » December 9th, 2018, 4:58 pm

INHUMAN wrote:Kants who:
-drive with park light and foglight
-have upwards of 6000k in their fogs/headlights and feel they reach
-install hid/led in non projected lights and beam scatter like garbage after flood.
- drive with high beam right through
- drive with lights on in daylight...esp foglight. I guess those same type of ppl wear shades indoors and suck on 1 guinness for a boat cruise.
- don't use common sense. Very few ppl have, wuh yuh xpekt.

....and kants who does create schupid ched like these cus they lookin for e-pips/e-pats/e-bros.
How about adding ....ppl who don't drive with lights on in the night.

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » December 9th, 2018, 5:56 pm

Even so, they does put it on after a while i assume....cuz they can't be driving a long distance with it off.
Last edited by INHUMAN on December 9th, 2018, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 9th, 2018, 6:58 pm

skylinechild wrote:
rollingstock wrote:I does get high beam in my krunt all de time.
Realise drivers mistake my low for high.
Left hand US spec headlight replacements. Was cheaper than the oem replacement ballast.
Took many adjustments to get it almost right.

I much rather halogens though. On rainy nights the oem led fogs and hid headlights doesn't cut it at all.

left hand US spec replacements...... :lol: had to be you eah.... :lol:

Dude, a pair of brand new oem headlights from the US was a fraction of the cost for one oem ballast from the stealership. Upgraded to the newer face-lift version lights on time.

eurotuner
12 pounds of Boost

Postby eurotuner » December 10th, 2018, 1:46 am

Most times women drive with high beam on! for what? I have not fricken idea! Blinding me on the highway.

limbobreak
Street 2NR

Postby limbobreak » December 10th, 2018, 5:59 am

Monkey Man wrote:And these white indicators

Sheesssh!
My brain does not accept that. Don't recognise it. Gonna drive past you with that sheit on. Don't talk about the twats with their high beam on and they right behind another vehicle like they checking out the paint job or trying to see up the tailpipe.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 10th, 2018, 6:14 am

I doh really see van men abusing the light bars....hopefully I aint talk to soon

shem1996_
Street 2NR

Postby shem1996_ » December 10th, 2018, 6:50 am

nick639v2 wrote:
speedmelter wrote:Trinidadians are the most selfish people I have ever came across. I have a neighbor that drives around with his fog lights on even in the daytime
My fog lights on during the day doing you sum??? Is myyyy money buy meh bulb... Ress meh case eh
Same thing I was stating then saying the person selfish yet the individual spending their money for it.... why does it bother you so much

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » December 10th, 2018, 10:11 am

88sins wrote:
supercharged turbo wrote:Now is HID/LED

not really
the real issue isn't ppl just putting in HID/LED/super white haloghen bulbs. It's that people want the brightest lighting they can find & couldn't be bothered to focus their headlights properly. Right side should be focused a little to the left instead of straight forward or to the right, and lower than the left to avoid blinding oncoming drivers. Left side should be straight ahead or even a little to the left with the beam hitting the surface of the road no more than 65-75 feet away max

but dis is trini. most ppl know almost nothing about how their vehicle works & don;t give a good God damn about other road users

Fuh real...like all the kants putting HID in housings not designed for it .... not only they blinding ppl but these same dotish kants don't even realise that it's less light on the road so it's worse than the factory halogen setup. But no surprise at the stupidity of Trinis.

On another note, the IIHS test on headlights shows nearly all vehicles tested have a poor/marginal or acceptable rating. And price is not a factor....Toyota Prius V, Honda Accord have better headlights that BMW 3 series

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » December 10th, 2018, 10:29 am

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » December 10th, 2018, 11:03 am

What I have noticed is the apparent use of aftermarket bulbs and lamps are not properly aimed. Aftermarket bulbs of a different type or wattage typically do not have the same emissivity pattern which gives you a beam that is not properly focused.

I also see a lot of headlamps that are not aimed properly. Some headlights seem to be aimed straight ahead or off to the side and not at the road at all.

88sins wrote:
supercharged turbo wrote:Now is HID/LED

not really
the real issue isn't ppl just putting in HID/LED/super white haloghen bulbs. It's that people want the brightest lighting they can find & couldn't be bothered to focus their headlights properly. Right side should be focused a little to the left instead of straight forward or to the right, and lower than the left to avoid blinding oncoming drivers. Left side should be straight ahead or even a little to the left with the beam hitting the surface of the road no more than 65-75 feet away max

but dis is trini. most ppl know almost nothing about how their vehicle works & don;t give a good God damn about other road users

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 11th, 2018, 4:59 am

I saw a driver with yellow normal indicator lights but it hyperflashing like a machine gun.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » December 11th, 2018, 6:00 am

aaron17 wrote:I saw a driver with yellow normal indicator lights but it hyperflashing like a machine gun.

Are you sure that the indicator bulb on the other side (front if you were looking at the rear, or rear if you were looking at the front) was not blown? When a bulb is blown, you typically get the hyperflashing on the side that the bulb is blown.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 11th, 2018, 6:18 am

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
aaron17 wrote:I saw a driver with yellow normal indicator lights but it hyperflashing like a machine gun.

Are you sure that the indicator bulb on the other side (front if you were looking at the rear, or rear if you were looking at the front) was not blown? When a bulb is blown, you typically get the hyperflashing on the side that the bulb is blown.
Oh

shem1996_
Street 2NR

Postby shem1996_ » December 11th, 2018, 6:31 am

Rory Phoulorie wrote:

Another reason could be that the person has led bulbs and led bulbs carry lower power than the normal bulbs so the car thinks a bulb is gonna blow so that's why its " hyperflashing"

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 11th, 2018, 6:32 am

Oh ok.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 11th, 2018, 6:47 am

I saw someone mentioned i before...but why do people drive with headlights on during the day???

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 11th, 2018, 8:04 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:I saw someone mentioned i before...but why do people drive with headlights on during the day???

cuz dey blind af & hoping it go improve their vision :lol:

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » December 11th, 2018, 8:45 am

It's because the LED power circuit is higher resistance but I suppose that could be interpreted as power in a rather round-about way. The flasher senses the increase in resistance on the lamp-flash RCL circuit and the flash rate increases automatically.

It's a feature that was added almost 50 years ago and many people are not aware of it. A load resistor or an upgraded lamp flasher were supposed to be used.
shem1996_ wrote:
Rory Phoulorie wrote:

Another reason could be that the person has led bulbs and led bulbs carry lower power than the normal bulbs so the car thinks a bulb is gonna blow so that's why its " hyperflashing"

shem1996_
Street 2NR

Postby shem1996_ » December 11th, 2018, 9:57 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:I saw someone mentioned i before...but why do people drive with headlights on during the day???
It's a "style" lol I myself have led on my headlights and the lighten is better to me except when it rains I don't run it in the day that's unnecessary

shem1996_
Street 2NR

Postby shem1996_ » December 11th, 2018, 9:58 am

adnj wrote:It's because the LED power circuit is higher resistance but I suppose that could be interpreted as power in a rather round-about way. The flasher senses the increase in resistance on the lamp-flash RCL circuit and the flash rate increases automatically.

It's a feature that was added almost 50 years ago and many people are not aware of it. A load resistor or an upgraded lamp flasher were supposed to be used.
shem1996_ wrote:
Rory Phoulorie wrote:

So I "heard" that the ones with no resistor blinks really fast and the ones with it blinks normal correct me on if I heard wrong or what

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ru$$ell » December 11th, 2018, 10:05 am

shem1996_ wrote:
It's a "style" lol I myself have led on my headlights and the lighten is better to me except when it rains I don't run it in the day that's unnecessary

ever heard of DRL's?

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » December 11th, 2018, 10:12 am

shem1996_ wrote:
adnj wrote:It's because the LED power circuit is higher resistance but I suppose that could be interpreted as power in a rather round-about way. The flasher senses the increase in resistance on the lamp-flash RCL circuit and the flash rate increases automatically.

shem1996_ wrote:
Rory Phoulorie wrote:

So I "heard" that the ones with no resistor blinks really fast and the ones with it blinks normal correct me on if I heard wrong or what

That's correct. You need to use resistors to prevent the hyperflashing. There are 2 types, in-line where you have to connect the resistor into the circuit and in-bulb where the resistor is built into the bulb. While the latter is easier to use since it's just a bulb switch out, the in-bulb resistors cannot dissipate the heat as good as the in-line resistor and can hyperflash if the indicator is left on too long. If you want to go with the in-bulb resistor make sure to get high quality bulbs....more expensive but less chance of hyper flash.

shem1996_
Street 2NR

Postby shem1996_ » December 11th, 2018, 10:35 am

ek4ever wrote:
shem1996_ wrote:

shem1996_ wrote:
Rory Phoulorie wrote:

That's correct. You need to use resistors to prevent the hyperflashing. There are 2 types, in-line where you have to connect the resistor into the circuit and in-bulb where the resistor is built into the bulb. While the latter is easier to use since it's just a bulb switch out, the in-bulb resistors cannot dissipate the heat as good as the in-line resistor and can hyperflash if the indicator is left on too long. If you want to go with the in-bulb resistor make sure to get high quality bulbs....more expensive but less chance of hyper flash.
Or okay

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » December 11th, 2018, 10:57 am

Daytime running lights regulations have been around in North America for almost 40 years.

Some regulations in Europe and Asia require at least a seperate, dimmer lamp or head lamp but early implementations were full-on low beams; that is what you will see on most motorcycles to this day.
shem1996_ wrote:

amd-dude
Sweet on this forum

Postby amd-dude » December 11th, 2018, 11:04 am

I use to blind them back and then they dip their lights but as of late I use my 1500lumen flashlight and just point it in their dohtish face, seems to work pretty well at getting my point across.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » December 11th, 2018, 1:34 pm

amd-dude wrote:I use to blind them back and then they dip their lights but as of late I use my 1500lumen flashlight and just point it in their dohtish face, seems to work pretty well at getting my point across.

And I was actually thinking about trying this too!!! Time to invest in a torchlight :D

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 11th, 2018, 2:02 pm

Musical Doc wrote:
amd-dude wrote:I use to blind them back and then they dip their lights but as of late I use my 1500lumen flashlight and just point it in their dohtish face, seems to work pretty well at getting my point across.

And I was actually thinking about trying this too!!! Time to invest in a torchlight :D

Once back in the day, we were on a test run with an emergency response fire truck. fools didn't want to dip their beams even when we flicked our highs, so we just gave them the batman signal portable spotlight in dey MC. One person was so moved, he switched off his lights entirely! :lol:

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » December 11th, 2018, 2:11 pm

ru$$ell wrote:
shem1996_ wrote:

ever heard of DRL's?

doubtful... half of them in here with Tida and Sylphy eh have that feature

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”