China bans the sale of iphones....

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

China bans the sale of iphones....

Postby Ben_spanna » December 11th, 2018, 12:53 pm

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/10/tech ... index.html

After all they did arrest a BIG lady at Hauwei!!!

A Chinese court has banned the sale and import of most iPhone models in a stunning decision amid the trade war between the United States and China.

The ban does not cover the new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Plus or iPhone XR, which were not yet available when Qualcomm filed its lawsuit. The phones covered by the ban make up about 10% to 15% of current iPhone sales in China, according to Daniel Ives, analyst at Wedbush Securities.

The court granted a pair of preliminary injunctions requested by Qualcomm, an American microchip maker. Qualcomm claims that Apple violates two of its patents in the iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X. The patents allow people to edit and resize photos on a phone and to manage apps by using a touchscreen, according to Qualcomm.

Trump wants iPhones made in the US. That could be bad news for Americans

Related Article: Trump wants iPhones made in the US. That could be bad news for Americans

The practical effect of the injunction is not yet clear

teems1
punchin NOS

Re: China bans the sale of iphones....

Postby teems1 » December 11th, 2018, 12:58 pm

Ironic that all iPhones are made in Shenzhen China in Foxconn City.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 11th, 2018, 1:58 pm

teems1 wrote:Ironic that all iPhones are made in Shenzhen China in Foxconn City.

Assembled there...the parts that go into the phone are global.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 11th, 2018, 2:11 pm

The injunction is for older iPhones. Apple can still sell the XR, XS, and XS max in China.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » December 11th, 2018, 2:19 pm

This tit-for-tat is proving a real test to the justification of globalization and the benefits of havesting cross boarder economic advantages.
We may all have to adjust our consumer expectations if this is to become the new construct which is starting to look like the days of heavy protectionism.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 11th, 2018, 2:29 pm

USA is at a loss big time in the tech wars
All the big telecoms mfgs are non USA
Cisco is an also ran now
They are also way behind on cutting edge stuff like AI

Trumps solution to blame any other country’s tech superiority as spying will be a dangerous road

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 11th, 2018, 3:20 pm

pugboy wrote:USA is at a loss big time in the tech wars
Cisco is an also ran now

Trumps solution to blame any other country’s tech superiority as spying will be a dangerous road

Who holds the upper hand? - The entity that manufactures or the entity that designs and hold the patents?
China may be the manufacturing hub but USA still leads in R&D, Innovation and IP creation between the two countries.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 11th, 2018, 3:23 pm

Many say USA is actually lagging

Dizzy28 wrote:
Cisco is an also ran now

Who holds the upper hand? - The entity that manufactures or the entity that designs and hold the patents?
China may be the manufacturing hub but USA still leads in R&D, Innovation and IP creation between the two countries.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 11th, 2018, 3:48 pm

pugboy wrote:Many say USA is actually lagging

Dizzy28 wrote:
Cisco is an also ran now

Many may say it but based on an actual Index created by a reputable organization (World Economic Forum) the USA is still ahead of China
2018 Innovation Index
Capture.JPG

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 11th, 2018, 3:51 pm

Lollll

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » December 11th, 2018, 5:00 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
Cisco is an also ran now

Honest question. What if Chinese companies decide to ignore US patents, cut their losses and use Asia as their main market? Sure they will lose some revenue and market share on a global scale but wouldn't a trade war affect the US market more?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 11th, 2018, 5:12 pm

America needs jobs in manufacturing, because China and the like took them. Ifone proves that people prefer thr brand over the price tag. American made is still attractive, even of not economic. If manufacturing comes back to America, the worse would be an inflated price tag. But ifone customers don't care, and it has the attraction of being advertised as "American made".

China may loose business due to branding... in the case of Apple.

I don't care, I like my xiaomi.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 11th, 2018, 6:46 pm

A large number if not majority of mobile operators in Caribbean use huawei backend infrastructure
Many other countries too, don't think there is an American company in that race....

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » December 11th, 2018, 7:28 pm

Assemblers rarely make the lion's share of profits unless they are the materials supplier also; for the iPhone, China is not.

The fact is that China is a huge consumer of American goods and the cheap products supplied by China to the US actually helps to drive the US (and the international) economy.

---------

Who really makes the iPhone?

Let's examine an iPhone 7 a little more closely to see how much value China is actually getting.

Start with the most valuable components that make up an iPhone: the touch screen display, memory chips, microprocessors and so on. They come from a mix of U.S., Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese companies, such as Intel, Sony, Samsung and Foxconn. Almost none of them are manufactured in China. Apple buys the components and has them shipped to China; then they leave China inside an iPhone.

U.S.-China trade war intensifies as tariffs take effect

So what about all of those famous factories in China with millions of workers making iPhones? The companies that own those factories, including Foxconn, are all based in Taiwan. Of the factory-cost estimate of $237.45 from IHS Markit at the time the iPhone 7 was released in late 2016, we calculate that all that's earned in China is about $8.46, or 3.6 percent of the total. That includes a battery supplied by a Chinese company and the labor used for assembly.

The other $228.99 goes elsewhere. The U.S. and Japan each take a roughly $68 cut, Taiwan gets about $48, and a little under $17 goes to South Korea. And we estimate that about $283 of gross profit from the retail price - about $649 for a 32GB model when the phone debuted - goes straight to Apple's coffers.

In short, China gets a lot of (low-paid) jobs, while the profits flow to other countries.
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/china-makes-8-46-from-an-iphone-and-thats-why-u-s-trade-war-is-futile/
pugboy wrote:A large number if not majority of mobile operators in Caribbean use huawei backend infrastructure
Many other countries too, don't think there is an American company in that race....
Qualcomm, Cisco and Broadcom provide the data control and chipset infrastructure technology. Huawei provides transmission infrastructure.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 11th, 2018, 7:53 pm

I would never spend any kind of money for a iphone, heck I won't even buy a Samsung unless its like an S9 or something

You get WAY more value for money with Huawei, Xiaomi etc Their mid range phones coming out 2019 and maturity of mobile chips means you pretty much have high end phones from 2 years ago for mid range prices.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » December 11th, 2018, 7:59 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I would never spend any kind of money for a iphone, heck I won't even buy a Samsung unless its like an S9 or something

You get WAY more value for money with Huawei, Xiaomi etc Their mid range phones coming out 2019 and maturity of mobile chips means you pretty much have high end phones from 2 years ago for mid range prices.

Midranged samsung phones give you amazing value for money also. I buy a J6 recently and have no complaints at all. Battery life is 2 days with heavy use of mobile data and full screen brightness. Camera works fantastically and the gps receiver pumping hard too.
I is a value for money kinda fella. Me eh paying so much for a facebook machine.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 11th, 2018, 8:04 pm

ifone users dont care... bout value for money.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 12th, 2018, 8:58 pm

Aye allyuh know Canada and the US basically Kidnapped the woman eh. This eh have one arse to do with Huawei selling phones and sh!t to Iran, lets be real nobody that dotish to believe this has anything to do with that.

This has to do with Huawei leading the world in upcoming 5G network and America is still playing catch up.

Huawei's Honor division produces high end phones for cut throat prices, I have an Honor 8 and its incredible for what I paid, I wouldn't even buy a Samsung after experiencing what Huawei and Xiaomi has to offer just look at the Poccophone being sold for $320 USD and coming with Snapdragon 845 basically a Samsung Note 9 specs for a fraction of the price.

Insane, I really don't care about Apple and Samsung anymore.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » December 13th, 2018, 11:10 am

Only Android Gods like myself care about this news.

We were talking about it in our Android Gods whatsapp group just the other night.

I mean. People who spend that kinda money on iOS devices are dumb. Why tho. My samsung Galaxy Ace IV works 100 times better than any new iOS device.

We were also talking about how ios users feel they are so cool. That Discussion really got out of hand at our Weekly meeting at Pizza Hut Price Plaza last friday. Our Secretary Deon was on some reeeel wildness that night lol.

Android Rule
Monkey Droid Out!
*peeppeedeepeep*

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » December 14th, 2018, 11:11 am

iOS phones rules .

But not in China .

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » December 14th, 2018, 1:20 pm

iOS crew, can't stand how inefficient and slow Android is

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » December 17th, 2018, 4:25 pm

apply is okay, gimme a free one and yuh getting my android no questions asked..

i aint paying more than 2k for a phone, premium or not. mid range samsung working fine nearly 2 years old and cost like 850$ brand new. dual cams ect.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”