Forums

AH GEH CHARGE - CAR TOO LOW

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: AH GEH CHARGE - CAR TOO LOW

Postby maj. tom » January 7th, 2019, 8:05 am

The issue can be resolved by taking a case to court, get representation from a lawyer who will surely do his homework. Then we will know where the law definitely stands on vehicle modification vs. safety. Common sense vs. the law.

But I'm not seeing any of this. Just a set of ole noise from one side saying that's their personal rights and freedom. And the other side doing their jobs like they were trained.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » January 7th, 2019, 9:24 am

maj. tom wrote:The issue can be resolved by taking a case to court, get representation from a lawyer who will surely do his homework. Then we will know where the law definitely stands on vehicle modification vs. safety. Common sense vs. the law.

But I'm not seeing any of this. Just a set of ole noise from one side saying that's their personal rights and freedom. And the other side doing their jobs like they were trained.

^^^ THIS!!!

I long for the day when journalism deals with the mentality of the Trinidad car enthusiast who ignores the law until "its a issue" and continues to do what they want...Good responses to the questions from Brent et al...But I will keep referring to the Austrian car show Wörthersee (allyuh cud google it)... and this year the amount of journalistic coverage of how the Austrian police tickets everyone ..from Captain to cook who didnt abide by their laws...no matter where you came from...even if your car was trailered...you were ticketed for ride height and noise emissions...until colleagues "radioed" ahead(loose use of term)and car owners either turned back because their cars were static height, bit the bullet and went anyway and got ticketed, or adjusted their ride height.It have soooo much we does overlook eh/Technical specs that are not addressed....i mehself not immune...And both sides of the system at fault...as Duane said..."Occifer Discretion"

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » January 7th, 2019, 3:50 pm

src1983 wrote:http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/when-is-a-low-rider-too-low-6.2.750844.95f804bbdf

Journalist in Trinidad need training yes. Interview everybody except license office

This article is real toots....what was the point of talking to just the public? What this fackin banana republic need to do is come up with actual technical specifications to support these vehicular laws. For example, the US have static bumper height which says exactly how high the bumper must be from the road....hence vehicle height, decibel levels for exhaust, light transmission for tint, tread depth for tyres, etc. We have to rely on some dotish kant LO ... what the fack he know about vehicular safety requirements....most of them have 2 CXCs.... This country is epic stupidity.

Ppl need to go to court for sheit like getting charged for white LED light in front park lights....regulations say 2 lamps on front of vehicle....didn't say type of technology (incandescent or LED), color, color temp, intensity, park light or headlight .... just 2 lights

"(m) (i) every motor vehicle shall be equipped with
a minimum of two lamps at the front of the
vehicle, one on each side to the satisfaction
of the Licensing Authority.

ii) save as is contained in regulation 92, when
stationary on a road at night every motor
vehicle and every trailer not attached to a
motor vehicle shall show two lights in
front, one at each side, of sufficient
intensity to indicate the presence of the
motor vehicle or trailer from a reasonable
distance to approaching traffic;"

According to the regulations, for vehicles with 4 brake lights, even if 2 burn out yuh good since the regulation say 2 lamps, color red.....not even 1 on each side

"(iii) save as provided elsewhere in these
Regulations, every motor vehicle or trailer
when on a road at night, whether in motion or
stationary shall carry at least two lamps each
showing a red light to the rear,
of such intensity
as to indicate clearly within a reasonable
distance its presence on the road to traffic
approaching from behind. "

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 7th, 2019, 4:24 pm

When it doh have a law or a spec for the law, They will hit u, 'not manufacturer specification' and tell u sort it and come back.

Enfirvibg rules fur the sake of enforcing it, not fir actual safety.

So if a man have a highlux 4x4, and drop it low till the height of a normal lolux(lol) that isn't oem, but it is still safe.

They use oem for safety, not actual safety.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » January 7th, 2019, 8:42 pm

sMASH wrote:When it doh have a law or a spec for the law, They will hit u, 'not manufacturer specification' and tell u sort it and come back.

lol @ manufacturer specification...... i want to know how much years our licensing officers spent working Nissan or Toyota or Mitsubishi to determine what is manufacturer specification and what isnt....

and dont let then use the excuse manufacturer didnt design it like dat.... how do they know...?
do they have some sort of insider knowledge of manufacturer design trends and specifications.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 7th, 2019, 10:35 pm

Seems they like harrasing subaru men.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 8th, 2019, 8:53 am

nervewrecker wrote:Seems they like harrasing subaru men.

prob loud exhausts are easy targets to pull aside, then jam you for any other issues you may have.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 8th, 2019, 8:56 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:Seems they like harrasing subaru men.

prob loud exhausts are easy targets to pull aside, then jam you for any other issues you may have.
No, ride height. They saying the cars low.
They are stock height.
Not one subaru get stop

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 8th, 2019, 9:09 am

whaaaat.
that's shitty then.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 8th, 2019, 9:19 am

So what is the verdict ?
Stock vehicles regardless of height not getting stopped but obvious drop low modified getting stopped ?

The high end bmws m3,5 are pretty low and the wheels very tight in the wheel wells like a drop low rider
However they drive over normal roads like any other car and can turn full lock just as well

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 9th, 2019, 9:53 am

pugboy wrote:So what is the verdict ?
Stock vehicles regardless of height not getting stopped but obvious drop low modified getting stopped ?

The high end bmws m3,5 are pretty low and the wheels very tight in the wheel wells like a drop low rider
However they drive over normal roads like any other car and can turn full lock just as well

Is the morons with the "Have patience, I'm lowered " signs that causing trouble

ron_28
Sweet on this forum

Postby ron_28 » January 9th, 2019, 2:21 pm

heard they checking vehicles for music/ boxes ect. now

src1983
18 pounds of Boost

Postby src1983 » January 9th, 2019, 2:37 pm

ron_28 wrote:heard they checking vehicles for music/ boxes ect. now

Doubt, how does this affect road wothiness?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 9th, 2019, 2:45 pm

they could check, but u hadda be playing it, and obstructing the view of inside from outside. and the boxes supposed to be the contents of the inside.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 9th, 2019, 3:33 pm

they are...but as someone said before, they can't charge you for it...the fine is for playing it

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 9th, 2019, 8:46 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

they are...but as someone said before, they can't charge you for it...the fine is for playing it

sure it have some ticket for the ones that have box in backseat and backdash reaching the sky

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » January 9th, 2019, 9:06 pm

Well speaker box headrest might be a problem

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » January 9th, 2019, 11:03 pm

src1983 wrote:

When you blow through a junction unaware an emergency vehicle or police convoy coming through cause you cah hear anything over your GG Allin greatest hits compilation.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » January 10th, 2019, 12:03 am

Les Bain wrote:
src1983 wrote:

When you blow through a junction unaware an emergency vehicle or police convoy coming through cause you cah hear anything over your GG Allin greatest hits compilation.

Damn dude, you goin hard! :lol:

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » January 10th, 2019, 1:05 am

src1983 wrote:

In a few months all this checking would be history.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 10th, 2019, 7:30 am

Mental politics going on here.They want to put the population on the defensive,until you afraid to fart without getting charged.Meanwhile police and licence office egos flying high and murder rate still climbing, but theres not much money to be made in solving murders so hard luck.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » January 10th, 2019, 10:09 pm

it good, it damn good, about time something is being done.

people does be doing too much madness and getting away with it, i see hilux with 22" rims and 3 body lift done with welded pieces of metal together. half of the body mounts not even done up, just the bare bones, hazard its a TAY LUX.

drop low men does over do it, i saw cars that cant make more than a full turn on the wheel before its locking and hitting the chassis, imagine the wheel lock and the tire burst while doing some speeds like avoiding something ect. I remember going mayaro for the mk carshow 2 years ago or something like that. i went with a slam down AD wagon y12. The spring flyout and we going normal normal, stopped to take a piss and saw it in the middle of the road.

music men jah, i see a fella whole midsbox flyout from his car already while it was moving, had it proped up on his front seats pointing out the rear windows in a cs3. I hear stories about rcf flyout from box when car hit ditch ect.

a proper guideline would need to be set and everything followed and we would have order?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 10th, 2019, 10:14 pm

It not easy wearing them long sleeve white uniform in the blazing sun
All of them was real sweating on the news today

Zetski wrote:
src1983 wrote:

In a few months all this checking would be history.

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » January 11th, 2019, 8:53 am

Ted_v2 wrote:it good, it damn good, about time something is being done.

people does be doing too much madness and getting away with it, i see hilux with 22" rims and 3 body lift done with welded pieces of metal together. half of the body mounts not even done up, just the bare bones, hazard its a TAY LUX.

drop low men does over do it, i saw cars that cant make more than a full turn on the wheel before its locking and hitting the chassis, imagine the wheel lock and the tire burst while doing some speeds like avoiding something ect. I remember going mayaro for the mk carshow 2 years ago or something like that. i went with a slam down AD wagon y12. The spring flyout and we going normal normal, stopped to take a piss and saw it in the middle of the road.

music men jah, i see a fella whole midsbox flyout from his car already while it was moving, had it proped up on his front seats pointing out the rear windows in a cs3. I hear stories about rcf flyout from box when car hit ditch ect.

a proper guideline would need to be set and everything followed and we would have order?

Agreed. Authorities have to start charging Trinis for every single infraction.....time we start being conditioned to obey the laws of the land so we can at least have a chance of becoming a civilised nation. Too much selfish "I doin what I want to do" mentality.

A lot of revenue to be made here ... take the money from these dotish Trinis who flaunt the law....fill up the Treasury with revenue from fines....let Trinis feel it in their pockets ..... minimum fine for any infraction should be $1000

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » January 14th, 2019, 8:20 am

sMASH wrote:they could check, but u hadda be playing it, and obstructing the view of inside from outside. and the boxes supposed to be the contents of the inside.

cousin got stopped last year sometime, his music was off, police made him put it on...asked him to raise the volume...
after that one of the officer asked he cld get a copy of the music on a flash drive....he did not get a ticket.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 14th, 2019, 11:40 am

abbow wrote:
sMASH wrote:they could check, but u hadda be playing it, and obstructing the view of inside from outside. and the boxes supposed to be the contents of the inside.

cousin got stopped last year sometime, his music was off, police made him put it on...asked him to raise the volume...
after that one of the officer asked he cld get a copy of the music on a flash drive....he did not get a ticket.
There are no laws for police to direct you to raise your volume up.

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » January 14th, 2019, 5:52 pm

YES! charge them for them frigging speaker box :x

pjfred
Trinituner Peong

Postby pjfred » January 14th, 2019, 9:22 pm

ek4ever wrote:
Ted_v2 wrote:it good, it damn good, about time something is being done.

Agreed. Authorities have to start charging Trinis for every single infraction.....time we start being conditioned to obey the laws of the land so we can at least have a chance of becoming a civilised nation. Too much selfish "I doin what I want to do" mentality.

A lot of revenue to be made here ... take the money from these dotish Trinis who flaunt the law....fill up the Treasury with revenue from fines....let Trinis feel it in their pockets ..... minimum fine for any infraction should be $1000
I go borrow ah pew pew and deal with allyuh. Yuh government robbing you and all you can do is charge the man with the drop low car. Smfj!

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » January 18th, 2019, 1:16 pm

Oh boy
FB_IMG_1547831623249.jpeg

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » January 18th, 2019, 1:25 pm

INHUMAN wrote:Oh boyFB_IMG_1547831623249.jpeg

So basically....what I gather is that the driver of this vehicle has a dropped low vehicle and was driving behind by the Old Airport heading north in a zig zag manner for a long distance (there are no humps there but the road is reasonably terrible). Then he came upon a possible road exercise and was issued this ticket for $3,000.

Hmmm. Well I may also end up getting a ticket for "zig zagging" because there are alot of roads in this country where I drive like that (safely) to dodge and avoid potholes and bumps in the road.

And yes, I am driving a stock, dealer maintained, new sedan.

So that officer was seeing me in court.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”