Forums

3 swine flu deaths confirmed

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: 3 swine flu deaths confirmed

Postby Dizzy28 » November 11th, 2019, 10:14 am

pinkz wrote:Incase yall wana know the name/batch no. And details for reasearch..this is the flu shot being given by MoH20190115_122622.jpeg20190115_122624.jpeg20190115_122626.jpeg

Thas Autism bizness dey fadda!!!!!

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 13th, 2019, 8:55 pm

two people i knew died from it, one is 20 years old active youth and a older lady from my street.

3-4 days from knowing till death.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 17th, 2019, 7:57 am

Girl, 3, dies, family suspect swine flu
A THREE-year-old girl died in the arms of her father after suffering for three days from cold-like symptoms, which her family believes were related to the H1N1 virus (swine flu).

Prentice Smith and Daywate Sinanan are now calling for a full investigation into the death of their daughter, Pretoria Smith, by the Health Ministry as they said they were told by a district medical officer after an autopsy was done that the toddler may have died from the H1N1 virus.

A death certificate shows that the cause of her death is now under investigation.

Pretoria died at the family’s Claxton Bay home on Thursday morning. She collapsed in the family's bedroom and her father who was nearby picked her up. “I was washing at the time and I could hear my husband screaming, 'She is not breathing, Oh God no.' My baby took her last breath in her father's arms,” Sinanan told Sunday Newsday on Saturday.

“We want answers. I want to know what my daughter really died from. I don't want this to be covered up. I would not wish the pain I now feel on any mother. I heart is completely broken,” she said.

Sinanan said her daughter started to show symptoms such as vomiting, running nose, watery eyes, coughing and developed a high fever within the last two days. Her other two children also had the symptoms.

The worried mother said she went to the St Margaret's health centre to inquire about the H1N1 vaccination but was told her daughter could not be vaccinated until after what was believed to be the flu ended.

She was advised to give her children Histal and Panadol which she did.

“We thought Pretoria was getting better as she started to run and play like she usually does but she was not, my baby was slowly dying from this virus. We did not expect this. Parents, please go vaccinate your children please,” the emotional mother said.

Earlier this month, Chief Medical Officer Dr Roshan Parasram confirmed that three people had died from the virus in October.

On Friday, Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh said few people have chosen to be vaccinated.

He told the House of Representatives Government imported 100,000 doses of influenza vaccine, available at all public health centres.

“So far the uptake of these vaccines has been disappointingly low,” he said in reply to a query on a possible outbreak.

He urged five vulnerable groups to get vaccinated: pregnant women, children under five, immunocompromised people, the elderly and health workers.
https://newsday.co.tt/2019/11/16/girl-3 ... swine-flu/

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 17th, 2019, 8:07 am

What the authorities need to do here is move very quickly, immediately determine if it's the H1N1 virus and quarantine the family. Because most likely they are all carriers and will get sick within a week. They were also unknowledgeable about how the H1N1 vaccine works, and the Min. of Health needs to get this information out there and more available and more elucidating to the general public.

The initial health center that they sought treatment at should have sent this child priority to Mt. Hope Peadiatric, because they should have recognized the flu symptoms compared to a cold (vomiting+very high fever for a baby is emergency), given that the H1N1 is active in the country. But she was just sent home with Panadol. :(

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » November 17th, 2019, 8:37 am

I went to school with him. Sad what happened to his daughter though. Hopefully something actually comes out of it.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 17th, 2019, 8:52 am

^^

So I went for a Flu shot .
They say it free ..

I wait . And wait . And wait some more .
I tell them 2 mosquito bite meh .

Wait even more now ..

I ask for the supervisor and the Doctor on duty .
Some leggo beast tell meh I have to come back.

To be continued ...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 17th, 2019, 9:23 am

I had appt thurs 930
gone there and see about 5 ppl waiting for the shot too

the nurse say she want to give all the old people who on the other side seeing about other chronic sickness things first
tell use wait until 11:30
steups

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » November 17th, 2019, 11:44 am

RedVEVO wrote:^^

So I went for a Flu shot .
They say it free ..

I wait . And wait . And wait some more .
I tell them 2 mosquito bite meh .

Wait even more now ..

I ask for the supervisor and the Doctor on duty .
Some leggo beast tell meh I have to come back.

To be continued ...
Sounds like 'The End' to me.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 17th, 2019, 11:46 am

The shot is $185 in Superpharm. Beats 1/2 day waiting in a health centre

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 17th, 2019, 12:46 pm

9/10 persons think a flu is just a bad cold and continue along as though nothing until they are weak
Same with a proper E. coli or salmonella food poisoning vs some stale food

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 17th, 2019, 1:34 pm

Attachments
gfqegfq45jym789i.png
coldvsflu-600px.png

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 18th, 2019, 12:47 am

Did they get the prop medical attention?

Or just treated as the regular flu and sent home
Ted_v2 wrote:two people i knew died from it, one is 20 years old active youth and a older lady from my street.

3-4 days from knowing till death.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 18th, 2019, 6:54 am

some of those flu symptoms, i have them permanently, lol

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 18th, 2019, 7:07 pm

flu and sent home.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 18th, 2019, 7:58 pm

That's the fk up part.... Fam member was diagnosed with it the day after wasn't feeling well... Went direct private all test was done immediately and prop meds was given and person is recovering very well... This public health facility will kill fkin ppl ah telling yuh
Ted_v2 wrote:flu and sent home.

Edit: and there is 6 suspected cases ik of close people... So could only guess how much it has spread since

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 21st, 2019, 7:53 am

You see, this is the exact same thing I commented above when the first baby died. Within a week. And no news on if the authorities confirmed if it was H1N1 and no news on quarantine and treatment protocols. How many other people came in contact with this family since the child's death? Mostly likely a lot and close contact to comfort the bereaved. You see how a disease epidemic could start in Trinidad right under the Ministry of Health's noses?

Dead baby’s brother now hospitalised
Days af­ter los­ing her three-year-old daugh­ter Pre­to­ria Smith to what was sus­pect­ed to be the H1N1 virus, Day­wa­tee Sinanan is now pray­ing to God to save the life of her two-year-old son Pre­ston.
https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/dead-ba ... 2629565fcc

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 21st, 2019, 9:38 am

gastly369 wrote:That's the fk up part.... Fam member was diagnosed with it the day after wasn't feeling well... Went direct private all test was done immediately and prop meds was given and person is recovering very well... This public health facility will kill fkin ppl ah telling yuh

Edit: and there is 6 suspected cases ik of close people... So could only guess how much it has spread since

What meds did they prescribe??

All doctors I spoke with are reluctant to prescribe anything and just tell you use fever relieving tabs like acetaminophen (panadol). Viruses are fought by your body and not meds as in the case of bacterial infections.

Unless offcourse they prescribe retrovirals.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » November 21st, 2019, 11:00 am

Yeah I think they're prescribing Tamiflu.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » November 21st, 2019, 5:13 pm

The utterances of our Minister Of Health just does not co-exist well with the known truth about our public health care institutions and their capabilities.
Having to depend on the public facilities to take care of your well being and that of your family really is a source of real fear suffered by far too many members of our population.
What is really heartbreaking is the fact that our little ones are the most vulnerable and suffer the brunt of the mess.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 21st, 2019, 6:32 pm

Tamiflu and host of other meds as the person also asthmatic..... Update out of the 6 I said that ik of 4 confirmed.... From what I see if treated early will be fine in few days time... Lots ppl waiting it out or as said just getting the run arounds with the public health facilities(yeh yuh have de cold take two panadol and sleep) ... If feeling of getting sick go ASAP to a proper private facility.... Main sign I notice is extreme high fevers and the flu basically ramps up overnight from 0-100
Dizzy28 wrote:
gastly369 wrote:That's the fk up part.... Fam member was diagnosed with it the day after wasn't feeling well... Went direct private all test was done immediately and prop meds was given and person is recovering very well... This public health facility will kill fkin ppl ah telling yuh

What meds did they prescribe??

All doctors I spoke with are reluctant to prescribe anything and just tell you use fever relieving tabs like acetaminophen (panadol). Viruses are fought by your body and not meds as in the case of bacterial infections.

Unless offcourse they prescribe retrovirals.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 2nd, 2019, 7:14 pm

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/ministry-22797-get-flu-vaccines-24-deaths-season

Ministry: 22,797 get flu vaccines; 24 deaths for season
Date: Monday, December 2, 2019 - 18:45

The Min­istry of Health says it is cur­rent­ly en­gaged in a ro­bust, na­tion-wide In­fluen­za vac­ci­na­tion dri­ve for the 2020 flu sea­son—Oc­to­ber 2019 to May 2020. This cam­paign has been im­ple­ment­ed to pro­tect the pop­u­la­tion against the In­fluen­za (Flu) virus.

In a state­ment, the min­istry re­port­ed the fol­low­ing as of last Fri­day.

It said:

• The cu­mu­la­tive num­ber of vac­cines ad­min­is­tered to the pub­lic for this flu sea­son—24,797

• The num­ber of sus­pect­ed in­fluen­za cas­es for the year—2919

• The num­ber of con­firmed in­fluen­za deaths for this flu sea­son—24.

The In­fluen­za virus is se­ri­ous and is gen­er­al­ly more se­vere than the com­mon cold.

The flu vac­cine is avail­able, at no cost, at all health cen­tres. Per­sons in the fol­low­ing groups are par­tic­u­lar­ly vul­ner­a­ble to the virus and are urged to get the flu vac­cine:

• Chil­dren aged six months to five years.

• Preg­nant women.

• Adults over 65.

• Peo­ple with chron­ic med­ical con­di­tions (such as Di­a­betes Mel­li­tus).

• Peo­ple with chron­ic res­pi­ra­to­ry ill­ness­es (such as asth­ma).

Mem­bers of the pub­lic are ad­vised to con­tact their near­est health cen­tre to con­firm the dates and times that vac­cines are dis­trib­uted.

Ad­di­tion­al­ly, every­one should take the fol­low­ing nec­es­sary per­son­al health pre­cau­tions to pro­tect them­selves and their fam­i­lies from the In­fluen­za virus and oth­er dis­eases:

• Wash hands of­ten with soap and wa­ter. If soap and wa­ter are not avail­able, use an al­co­hol-based hand rub.

• Avoid touch­ing the eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.

• Clean and dis­in­fect sur­faces and ob­jects that may be con­t­a­m­i­nat­ed with germs.

• Where pos­si­ble, avoid close con­tact with sick peo­ple.

• While sick, lim­it con­tact with oth­ers as much as pos­si­ble.

• Cov­er the nose and mouth with a tis­sue when cough­ing or sneez­ing. Af­ter us­ing a tis­sue, throw it in the bin and wash hands thor­ough­ly.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 2nd, 2019, 7:17 pm

i suppose if u had the flu this season u don't need the vaccine as u should now be immune to the current strain?

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » December 2nd, 2019, 7:40 pm

This is the problem with many people.
The flu vaccine is not like any other vaccine.
Having the flu vaccine does not prevent you from getting the flu. It only gives you immunity to the particular strain in the vaccine. So if you get the flu you are only immune to that particular strain you got infected with. There are many different strains so it's impossible to have a vaccine that would provide immunity to every strain.
So if you had the flu already, you should still get the vaccine as it would still give you immunity to the other strains.
Also the flu vaccine is nothing new, it has been around for a while, but as typical trini we are reactive rather proactive when it comes to health. Many trinis only get the vaccines as required in their immunization card and think thats the end of vaccines.
There are other vaccines that are recommended.
redmanjp wrote:i suppose if u had the flu this season u don't need the vaccine as u should now be immune to the current strain?

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » December 2nd, 2019, 7:49 pm

redmanjp wrote:i suppose if u had the flu this season u don't need the vaccine as u should now be immune to the current strain?

current strains* , plural.

i.e., there usually is more than one strain of influenza going around.

the strains may be similar, so getting one gives you partial protection against the rest. the strains may also be different, so you have very little protection to the others.

either way, carnival coming up. might not be a bad idea to get the vaccine before everybody come in bringing everything.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » December 2nd, 2019, 8:11 pm

Following the CDC guidelines are very effective, especially washing hands with soap/alcohol sanitizer in high contact areas. A lot of people just ignore how effective this one thing can be. Buy a little bottle from Pennywise and keep it at your work desk, or in your coveralls. Cover your mouth when you sneeze, either in a clean personal rag or your sleeve. Don't sneeze in the open air. If you're sick stay home!!! Avoid contact with sick people.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/preventing.htm

If you have to, wear a NIOSH N95 dust mask. These are rated for being able to filter influenza virus particles from airborne contact, e.g. a sneeze. The packaging will print "NIOSH N95" on it so you can check it against regular ineffective dust masks.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”