Forums

'I bought a fake drivers permit from a Licensing Officer'

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

stikid09
3NE2NR is my LIFE

'I bought a fake drivers permit from a Licensing Officer'

Postby stikid09 » January 24th, 2019, 11:34 am

A MAGISTRATE yesterday spoke of rogue officers at licensing office and other institutions as she sentenced a Jamaican with a fake driver’s permit to a year in prison.

Oshaine George told the court he went to the licensing office in Caroni with $1,500 and a picture, gave it to a licencing officer who was outside the building. He said in three days he collected his driver’s permit at the roundabout in Caroni.

George who had the permit for over a year, said he did not know the licensing officer’s name.

Questioned by the San Fernando magistrate Alicia Chankar about whether that process seemed correct, George said he thought it was all real.

That George had a fake driver’s permit came to light after the driver of the car in which he was a passenger got into an accident.

Police prosecutor Cleyon Seedan said it was at 11.45 a.m. on Tuesday, along the Solomon Hochoy Highway near Gasparillo that a silver Nissan AD Wagon attempted to make a turn and ran off the roadway. Officers asked the driver, Omari Lindsay, for his driving documents and he said he did not have them. He was charged with driving without a driver’s permit and without a certificate of insurance being enforced.

Both men were taken to the Debe police post. Further checks showed that the number on the permit George had in his possession, had already been issued to a woman.

He was charged by constable Grant with uttering to a forged document.

Both men were represented by defence attorney Indira Binda. She said George, 25 of Chagaunas was pursuing welding while Lindsay, 22 of Chase Village was unemployed. Both, she said, were married to Trinidadian women and were in the process of organizing for permanent residence. Binda said her clients has no previous or pending matters before the court.

As it pertained to the charge George faced, Chankar said, “This is not a not a problem today. This has been an on-going problem … We will deal with this particular incident today but could you imagine the hundreds or thousands out there? Again, it begins with the licensing office and the officers there. In economics there’s no supply unless there’s a demand ... It’s the officials that are meeting the demand … using the government business.”

Officer Grant said that the picture on the driver’s permit led to her suspicions that it was not valid. George said he had taken the picture at a photo studio. Chankar commended Grant for her sense of observation. The magistrate however said, “It is not about just her stopping one. It’s these rogue officers that are coming and wearing the uniform and holding the office and it’s not just at licensing office. It’s all over.”

She told George that the offence was not minor but “a grave offence. What you did was very wrong.” Chankar reminded him that the purpose of writing the regulations and doing the driving test were to ensure safety on the roadway for himself and other users of the road including pedestrians. “Are you aware of the dangers that can be done with a motor vehicle? It is just like being in control of a weapon.” She said statistics were showing the number of road accidents that were taking place.

Sedan said that had a person been injured or had there been damage to property, there would have been no redress.

George was sentenced to one year hard labour.

Lindsay who was charged by constable Roopan, faced San Fernando Traffic Court magistrate Anslem Leander. Lindsay’s case was prosecuted by Sgt Ishmael.

Leander fined him $400 for driving without the permit and $2,000 for driving without a certificate of insurance being enforced. He was given one month to pay the money or he will serve time in prison.

Detention orders had been were issued for them men by the Immigration Department.

Source: https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/lo ... 686d8.html

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: 'I bought a fake drivers permit from a Licensing Officer'

Postby zoom rader » January 24th, 2019, 11:59 am

^^^ Nothing new there as Chineses and new Syrian immigrants obtain theirs the same way.

Off course if you of darker skin tone is jail for you.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » January 24th, 2019, 12:13 pm

zoom rader wrote:^^^ Nothing new there as Chineses and new Syrian immigrants obtain theirs the same way.

I see car load ah mamacitas rolling in a tucson making groceries normel normel by massy last week

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 24th, 2019, 12:18 pm

gastly369 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:^^^ Nothing new there as Chineses and new Syrian immigrants obtain theirs the same way.

I see car load ah mamacitas rolling in a tucson making groceries normel normel by massy last week
In trini society once you look like Morgan Job (RIP) you are considered a criminal.

Look like Brad Boyse then you are a Saint

Look like this then you may fall inbetween
1440165340-amrish-puri_300x300.jpeg
1440165340-amrish-puri_300x300.jpeg (16.18 KiB) Viewed 3658 times

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 24th, 2019, 12:33 pm

Liberal TT supports every creed and race find an equal place in this country whether legal or not.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 24th, 2019, 1:13 pm

^^ Total BS as trini society is based on how you look and how much bank roll you tote.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 24th, 2019, 1:26 pm

zoom rader wrote:^^ Total BS as trini society is based on how you look and how much bank roll you tote.
Good point there

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » January 24th, 2019, 1:31 pm

Jamaican just blaming our hard working Licences Officers man! Steups!

cryotec
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cryotec » January 24th, 2019, 3:04 pm

License officer coulda atleast create a proper id for the man. jamaican should ask for refund.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 24th, 2019, 4:29 pm

i guess the licensing database still has problems as they give him a number which was in use already- otherwise he woulda get away

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » January 24th, 2019, 4:51 pm

Well yes...

No_Name
Sweet on this forum

Postby No_Name » January 24th, 2019, 10:08 pm

gastly369 wrote:

Pricesmart onna Monday evening/night, level Spanish, Credit Card purchases, Driving & all...

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » January 25th, 2019, 3:55 am

cryotec wrote:License officer coulda atleast create a proper id for the man. jamaican should ask for refund.

As funny as this is, (not sure if subpoenas work down here but let's say they do), if I was the magistrate, I'd increase the sentence for the Jamaican, subpoena the log or the records showing all the Licensing Officers that were on duty during the week that the permit was created, place them on an ID parade and offer the Jamaican a lower sentence (the same sentence I was initially going to give him) to point out the LO that took the money from him and deal with him from there. Who knows what other racket he would be willing to expose for his own immunity. Precedent=set.

On another note, $2,400 for no permit and no insurance? Suppose he had hit another vehicle..what are the chances that the damage would have cost less than $2,400 to repair? Not that it would have mattered because the affected driver would have had to fix out of pocket.. :roll:

brams112
punchin NOS

Postby brams112 » January 27th, 2019, 10:33 am

Joshie23 wrote:
cryotec wrote:License officer coulda atleast create a proper id for the man. jamaican should ask for refund.

As funny as this is, (not sure if subpoenas work down here but let's say they do), if I was the magistrate, I'd increase the sentence for the Jamaican, subpoena the log or the records showing all the Licensing Officers that were on duty during the week that the permit was created, place them on an ID parade and offer the Jamaican a lower sentence (the same sentence I was initially going to give him) to point out the LO that took the money from him and deal with him from there. Who knows what other racket he would be willing to expose for his own immunity. Precedent=set.

On another note, $2,400 for no permit and no insurance? Suppose he had hit another vehicle..what are the chances that the damage would have cost less than $2,400 to repair? Not that it would have mattered because the affected driver would have had to fix out of pocket.. :roll:

Them men just guess a number,you feel the date will match to,driver should have been traced for other offenses too and jamican well he have accomplices,can't come here and just stroll in licensing hand a guy picture and money for dp jusso.

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » January 27th, 2019, 12:19 pm

No surprise here, regular bobol as usual

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » January 27th, 2019, 6:52 pm

brams112 wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:

Them men just guess a number,you feel the date will match to,driver should have been traced for other offenses too and jamican well he have accomplices,can't come here and just stroll in licensing hand a guy picture and money for dp jusso.

Points taken, but it's worth a try, instead of just 'oh well-ing' it like we do with most other situations in this country.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » January 28th, 2019, 9:24 am

Come nah man. Licensing officer could at least give the man a proper ting

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”