Forums

Prostitution spilling over to Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

stikid09
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Prostitution spilling over to Tobago

Postby stikid09 » January 29th, 2019, 10:05 am

Trinidad’s il­lic­it sex trade has spilled over in­to the sis­ter isle of To­ba­go, with Venezue­lan pros­ti­tutes be­ing car­ried to the is­land by Trinida­di­an “busi­ness­men.”

In Part Two of the Sex Sells se­ries, Guardian Me­dia’s in­ves­tiga­tive re­porter Shar­lene Ram­per­sad vis­it­ed To­ba­go over the week­end.

There have been nu­mer­ous re­ports of Venezue­lans pros­ti­tutes op­er­at­ing on the is­land, but most lo­cals are scep­ti­cal of speak­ing to the me­dia.

But Michael, a 37-year-old a glass bot­tom boat op­er­a­tor, did not shy away from ques­tions. From where he runs his busi­ness in Store Bay, Michael meets and in­ter­acts with both the women and their “pimp”- a Trinida­di­an man- when they are scout­ing clients on the beach.

“Yea, they have been com­ing here for about a year. There is some­body who sort of con­trols them, and he would come and scout cus­tomers for them,” Michael re­vealed.

He said when the women are brought to To­ba­go, the man would rent out hol­i­day homes where the clients could meet the women.

He said a Trinida­di­an woman, who he knows on­ly as “Deb­bie” would bring the women to To­ba­go.

“Deb­bie used to bring them across reg­u­lar, I haven’t seen her for a cou­ple of months but when she bring­ing, is every week­end. There is an­oth­er Trinida­di­an fel­la, when he comes, he would tell the fel­las he have some girls work­ing and he charg­ing $400 for half an hour."

When he first start­ed to come, he get re­al busi­ness from them boys...they were ex­cit­ed to see the Span­ish (women.) If you hear them say­ing, “Span­ish in de place boy!”

Michael said the “pimp’s” tar­get au­di­ence is To­ba­go busi­ness­men but said any­one with mon­ey could “get through.”

“Once you have mon­ey, you set. Is mon­ey they look­ing for not love.”

Asked if he ever had an ex­pe­ri­ence with the women, Michael replied, “Nah sah! I have five chil­dren and eight girl­friends...my hands full all the time.”

Al­though Michael knows pros­ti­tu­tion is gen­er­al­ly frowned up­on, he be­lieves that once prop­er­ly reg­u­lat­ed, sex tourism can be a ma­jor bonus for To­ba­go.

“I trav­el a lot, and in a lot of places, sex goes with tourism. From time to time, I get the white guys com­ing up to me to ask if there is any­where they can go to have some “fun” with­out their wives...that is busi­ness, sex tourism is big busi­ness. It’s now that they are com­ing to To­ba­go, but Trinidad al­ways had it...when I come to Trinidad, I go with my friends and just lime at these “whore” hous­es, but it is some­thing To­ba­go can ben­e­fit from too.”

He said the women would come to To­ba­go when busi­ness is “slow” in Trinidad, but To­bag­o­ni­ans alone are not a steady source of in­come for them.

“It’s like they work Trinidad first and when things slow there, they come to To­ba­go to try their hand here, but the busi­ness here for them wouldn’t be steady be­cause most fel­las have a girl­friend or two so they can’t give them busi­ness right through.”

He said the women are brought in­to the coun­try most times via the fer­ry ser­vice.

“Al­though they il­le­gal and don’t have a pass­port, once Deb­bie or the next fel­la pass some mon­ey in the port, they com­ing in nor­mal like every­body else.”

Michael said based on his in­ter­ac­tion with them, he doesn’t be­lieve the Venezue­lan women be­ing brought in­to To­ba­go are be­ing forced to pros­ti­tute them­selves.

Call “Tony”

While check­ing oth­er ar­eas on the is­land for signs of pros­ti­tutes, GML was giv­en a phone num­ber a man iden­ti­fied as “Tony” who would be able to “link” Venezue­lan women.

The per­son who of­fered up Tony’s num­ber said he usu­al­ly calls Tony when he is hav­ing par­ties and needs a “few girls” for en­ter­tain­ment.

How­ev­er, calls to the num­ber pro­vid­ed went to voice­mail.

GML was al­so giv­en di­rec­tions to a bar in the sea­side vil­lage of Pem­broke where sev­er­al Venezue­lan women were said to be work­ing, but vil­lagers there said the bar was raid­ed by po­lice three weeks ago and is now closed on most days.

Po­lice aware but de­tec­tion rate low

Su­per­in­ten­dent Sharon Blake-Clarke told Guardian Me­dia that To­ba­go po­lice are aware that Venezue­lan pros­ti­tutes are work­ing on the is­land, but to date, no one has been ar­rest­ed or charged.

In an in­ter­view on Sat­ur­day, Blake-Clarke said, “We have knowl­edge that there are some things hap­pen­ing, but we have not charged any­one. We don’t have a record of any­one be­ing charged, but we have in­for­ma­tion that these things are hap­pen­ing and we are cer­tain­ly aware of them.”

Asked why the de­tec­tion rate is non-ex­is­tent if the po­lice are al­ready aware of the pros­ti­tutes, Blake-Clarke said un­like, in Trinidad, po­lice have a hard time telling tourists apart from pros­ti­tutes in To­ba­go.

“Be­cause To­ba­go is gen­er­al­ly tourist-ori­ent­ed, it is dif­fi­cult to dis­tin­guish those who are here as tourists from those who are here to work as pros­ti­tutes...you will find it is a lit­tle more dif­fi­cult to iden­ti­fy and de­tect them than it is in Trinidad be­cause you are ac­cus­tomed to see­ing peo­ple of that ilk walk­ing around and as op­posed to be­ing in To­ba­go.”

- by Sharlene Rampersad

Source: http://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/pro ... ver-tobago

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Prostitution spilling over to Tobago

Postby Dizzy28 » January 29th, 2019, 10:14 am

That headline was a bit misleading. We all know Tobago have prostitution long time. Just not the kind we in Trinidad accustomed to.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 29th, 2019, 10:38 am

Michael yuh blasted tell tell baby....

And prostitution eh no frowned upon in Tobago....allyuh ugly desperate locals love it and want it.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » January 29th, 2019, 10:42 am

“Nah sah! I have five chil­dren and eight girl­friends...my hands full all the time.”
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » January 29th, 2019, 10:44 am

Jean and Dinah hadda make room for Rosita and Clementina...:|

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 29th, 2019, 11:15 am

spilling they say as if it never had any b4 & it now reach them

like dem eh kno prostitution is known as d worlds oldest profession ...

Syberfraggle
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Syberfraggle » January 29th, 2019, 12:15 pm

Everything more expensive in Tobago....

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 29th, 2019, 12:32 pm

The biggest prostitute in Tobago is from Mason Hall btw................

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » January 29th, 2019, 12:34 pm

Came in for pics of venez,

Leaving disappointed

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » January 29th, 2019, 12:47 pm

hydroep wrote:Jean and Dinah hadda make room for Rosita and Clementina...:|

:D :D

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 29th, 2019, 4:51 pm

De Dragon wrote:The biggest prostitute in Tobago is from Mason Hall btw................
Yeah but only 1% bulling dat

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » January 29th, 2019, 6:50 pm

The high end vene go to Tobago.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 29th, 2019, 7:14 pm

This will be a big problem for Tobago men as soon as Tobago women find out that they going for the fair skin natural hair women. Having 0 options prior to the arrival of the Venezuelan women would only mean that Tobago men are in their glee. I dont blame them in this instance.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » January 29th, 2019, 7:40 pm

agent007 wrote:This will be a big problem for Tobago men as soon as Tobago women find out that they going for the fair skin natural hair women. Having 0 options prior to the arrival of the Venezuelan women would only mean that Tobago men are in their glee. I dont blame them in this instance.

0 options prior? Diz not Trini

Dem dingos sorting out level snow bunnies decades now in Bago.

Venez just a a lil seasoning to it

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 29th, 2019, 7:41 pm

Rofl take win

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » January 30th, 2019, 2:24 am

I tort it was a tread about rent-a-dreads....anyway carry on

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 30th, 2019, 9:33 am

mero wrote:
agent007 wrote:This will be a big problem for Tobago men as soon as Tobago women find out that they going for the fair skin natural hair women. Having 0 options prior to the arrival of the Venezuelan women would only mean that Tobago men are in their glee. I dont blame them in this instance.

:shock: :D :D

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » January 30th, 2019, 10:11 am

mero wrote:

More like middle aged frauleins.

Barbados/Grenada/St Lucia and the other small islands have a different clientele to Tobago.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 30th, 2019, 11:23 am

teems1 wrote:
mero wrote:

More like middle aged frauleins.

Barbados/Grenada/St Lucia and the other small islands have a different clientele to Tobago.

Euro notes are euro notes..whether it is a milf or a gilf

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » January 30th, 2019, 11:35 am

tobagonians concept of sex and love are screwed up and skewered anyways so no care..just as long as dem tobogonian beast gyals dont come here trying to poison our minds ………..

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » January 30th, 2019, 5:41 pm

BRB firing up to renew passport

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » January 30th, 2019, 6:03 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:BRB firing up to renew passport

:lol: :lol: silly rabbit.... you dont need a passport for tobago.... :lol:

yuh does know wen someone from south eah...

reminds me of the time someone make sure an call all de family and tell dem that dey goin away for a two weeks an ting... big farewell and ting inno..... u kno is right tobago dey goin... :lol: :lol:

rexsmith
3NE 2NR for life

Postby rexsmith » February 11th, 2019, 2:46 pm

it have one in Trinidad name Dion

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » February 13th, 2019, 1:52 am

zoom rader wrote:
De Dragon wrote:The biggest prostitute in Tobago is from Mason Hall btw................
Yeah but only 1% bulling dat

Hey dis my kinda party

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”