Forums

Cure for cancer within a year, Israeli scientists claim

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Cure for cancer within a year, Israeli scientists claim

Postby redmanjp » January 29th, 2019, 10:25 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cure-for-cancer-israeli-scientists-claim-to-be-on-brink-of-development

A group of Israeli scientists say a cure for cancer is within reach, even optimistically predicting that it will be found within a year.

But at least one expert in the U.S. has questioned the potential cure's legitimacy and said it's more likely just another claim on a list of "irresponsible and ultimately cruel false promises" for cancer patients.

The company, Accelerated Evolution Biotechnologies Ltd. (AEBi), has described its treatment, MuTaTo, as comparable to a cancer antibiotic that uses a multipronged approach similar to the treatment given to HIV patients. The Israeli team told The Jerusalem Post that this treatment relies on a combination of several peptides for each cancer cell, reportedly eliminating the chances of evasion through mutation.

“We believe we will offer in a year’s time a complete cure for cancer,” Dan Aridor, of AEBi, told the news outlet.

The company's CEO, Dr. Ilan Morad, said MuTaTo also works to target cancer stem cells, eliminating the chances of recurrence, with Aridor claiming that it will be effective from "Day 1" and cause "no or minimal side effects at a much lower cost than most other treatments."

“Our solution will be both generic and personal," Aridor said.

But Dr. Ben Neel, director of Perlmutter Cancer Center at NYU Langone Health, is skeptical, telling Fox News via email: "Of course, curing cancer is the goal of everyone who comes to work every day at a cancer center — and if this company does, in fact, cure cancer, they will have my congratulations and thanks. But cancer is multiple diseases, and it is highly unlikely that this company has found a 'cure' for cancer, anymore than there is a single cure for infections."

The treatment has not been tested in humans yet, although Aridor said it has shown success in mice and is nearing the clinical trial stage.

Said Neel, "More likely, this claim is yet another in a long line of spurious, irresponsible and ultimately cruel false promises for cancer patients."

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Cure for cancer within a year, Israeli scientists claim

Postby l33t2 » January 29th, 2019, 10:35 pm

I doubt it very much, cancer is extremely complex with almost every type of cancer being very different. Seems like an overhyped claim to raise awareness by this startup.

But still hopeful, wish them luck.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 30th, 2019, 12:07 am

In the words of a fellow tuner Jah bless them Jews. Having been at Palliative Care in Caura for a week this month with a close relative I happy for any breakthrough they could make that would ease the suffering of Cancer patients.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » January 30th, 2019, 8:44 am

Cancer is still a pretty broad term as different types of cancerous cells metabolise different things for propagation, but there has been some good news on the horizon from some pretty standard drugs in the medical industry. Surprised nobody really talks about it.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5772929/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5182053/

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 30th, 2019, 8:46 am

I'm not saying I believe what the Israelis are touting wholeheartedly, But I do hope they have successful results in their human trials. Israeli R&D personnel tend to think outside the box in comparison to those in the U.S. & others nations when it comes to medicine & developing treatments. However...

A lot of people have no interest in seeing a cure for cancer, & that includes persons in privately run pharmaceutical companies, R&D labs & treatment centers, as well as governments.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 30th, 2019, 8:51 am

meccalli wrote:Cancer is still a pretty broad term as different types of cancerous cells metabolise different things for propagation, but there has been some good news on the horizon from some pretty standard drugs in the medical industry. Surprised nobody really talks about it.

don't be, there's a reason why it's not promoted even though studies & data show there is a direct correlation between metformin use & reduced incidence of malignant tumors. No money in telling people using cheap off patent drugs reduces their risk for the disease

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » January 30th, 2019, 11:24 am

88sins wrote:
A lot of people have no interest in seeing a cure for cancer, & that includes persons in privately run pharmaceutical companies, R&D labs & treatment centers, as well as governments.

This!

If cancer is cured big pharma gonna lose a lot of money.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » January 30th, 2019, 4:28 pm

Lofty claim. I wish them well though.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » January 30th, 2019, 5:02 pm

Soooooo... no clinical trials or peer review? This article is bullsh!t. I've seen more thorough reporting on a whatsapp forward message from my semi-lucid great aunt. For fox sake!

Removed all the fluff from the article for those of you that can't be bothered to read the entire thing.

redmanjp wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/health/cure-for-cancer-israeli-scientists-claim-to-be-on-brink-of-development

... it's more likely just another claim on a list of "irresponsible and ultimately cruel false promises" for cancer patients.

... cancer is multiple diseases, and it is highly unlikely that this company has found a 'cure' for cancer, anymore than there is a single cure for infections."

The treatment has not been tested in humans yet, although Aridor said it has shown success in mice and is nearing the clinical trial stage.

Said Neel, "More likely, this claim is yet another in a long line of spurious, irresponsible and ultimately cruel false promises for cancer patients."

Also, I haven't heard anything this scammy since someone tried to pitch me iMarketsLive and Appi Travels.
“Our solution will be both generic and personal," Aridor said.

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » January 30th, 2019, 5:03 pm

88sins wrote:
meccalli wrote:Cancer is still a pretty broad term as different types of cancerous cells metabolise different things for propagation, but there has been some good news on the horizon from some pretty standard drugs in the medical industry. Surprised nobody really talks about it.

don't be, there's a reason why it's not promoted even though studies & data show there is a direct correlation between metformin use & reduced incidence of malignant tumors. No money in telling people using cheap off patent drugs reduces their risk for the disease

Lol ok sure dude and I'm sure big pharma hiding this from everyone do they can make money.

2nr have some rel idiots.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 30th, 2019, 5:03 pm

A cure for cancer will be like a car running on water, the saudis will assassinate you so fast

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » January 30th, 2019, 5:10 pm

pugboy wrote:A cure for cancer will be like a car running on water, the saudis will assassinate you so fast

So why spend billions on cancer research?

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » January 30th, 2019, 5:22 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Soooooo... no clinical trials or peer review? This article is bullsh!t. I've seen more thorough reporting on a whatsapp forward message from my semi-lucid great aunt. For fox sake!

:lol:

Baddumching!

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 30th, 2019, 7:11 pm

l33t2 wrote:Lol ok sure dude and I'm sure big pharma hiding this from everyone do they can make money.

yup, & you've just proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that you happen to in fact be a professional idiot.
now, to firmly establish your superior illiteracy, show me where in my post I stated that someone was hiding something. not promoting a thing isn't the same thing as hiding it you simple minded lower primate.

My point is this
it is of no financial benefit for a private company to invest in R&D in or promote the off label use of an off patent drug that has shown significant potential as a preventive measure for a condition that they currently make billions from by selling their proprietary drugs to treat.
to quote an infamous pharmaceutical giant in my efforts to enlighten you, "we didn't develop this drug for poor Indians, we developed this drug for westerners that can afford to pay for it". If you really want something to do, try to figure out what he meant by that.

Rage Warrior
Street 2NR

Postby Rage Warrior » January 30th, 2019, 7:29 pm

There is s cure for some cancers that will begin human trials later this year but it's not from the Israelis but US or Canada I think. It's a vaccine that makes the cancer visible to our own immune system which then successfully destroys the cancer. They tested it on mice and the results were excellent. google it.

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » January 30th, 2019, 7:40 pm

88sins wrote:
l33t2 wrote:Lol ok sure dude and I'm sure big pharma hiding this from everyone do they can make money.

yup, & you've just proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that you happen to in fact be a professional idiot.
now, to firmly establish your superior illiteracy, show me where in my post I stated that someone was hiding something. not promoting a thing isn't the same thing as hiding it you simple minded lower primate.

My point is this
it is of no financial benefit for a private company to invest in R&D in or promote the off label use of an off patent drug that has shown significant potential as a preventive measure for a condition that they currently make billions from by selling their proprietary drugs to treat.
to quote an infamous pharmaceutical giant in my efforts to enlighten you, "we didn't develop this drug for poor Indians, we developed this drug for westerners that can afford to pay for it". If you really want something to do, try to figure out what he meant by that.

Lol yes so I'm sure big pharma is suppressing this information from us all.

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » January 30th, 2019, 7:44 pm

Rage Warrior wrote:There is s cure for some cancers that will begin human trials later this year but it's not from the Israelis but US or Canada I think. It's a vaccine that makes the cancer visible to our own immune system which then successfully destroys the cancer. They tested it on mice and the results were excellent. google it.

Problem is there are many potential treatments that have been found using mice, but then they fail to show any effects in human trials. Not saying this will be the case here (because I hope it's successful) but there's no magic cure around the corner (I know that's not what you're saying).

This doesn't take away that there have been many many successes in cancer treatment. It's just been slow steady progress rather than the magical cure we all want.

Rage Warrior
Street 2NR

Postby Rage Warrior » January 30th, 2019, 8:42 pm

l33t2 wrote:
Rage Warrior wrote:There is s cure for some cancers that will begin human trials later this year but it's not from the Israelis but US or Canada I think. It's a vaccine that makes the cancer visible to our own immune system which then successfully destroys the cancer. They tested it on mice and the results were excellent. google it.

Problem is there are many potential treatments that have been found using mice, but then they fail to show any effects in human trials. Not saying this will be the case here (because I hope it's successful) but there's no magic cure around the corner (I know that's not what you're saying).

This doesn't take away that there have been many many successes in cancer treatment. It's just been slow steady progress rather than the magical cure we all want.
I agree, I was very skeptical too when I first heard about it but the explained that this was compounded research spanning many years and that any viable treatment for cancer comes many years apart.
Last edited by Rage Warrior on January 30th, 2019, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rage Warrior
Street 2NR

Postby Rage Warrior » January 30th, 2019, 8:43 pm

not getting link to paste.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 30th, 2019, 8:54 pm

there's quite a few vaccines going through human trials such as anti-cd47, then there's the Cuban NSCLC vaccine Cimavax (that's been used in Cuba for more than 15 years to treat patients with nsclc with very good results when compared to most other treatments for the condition), then there's the research being done at Johns Hopkins that's based on the Cimavax vaccine to try to improve on it & see if it can work for other malignancies.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”