Forums

Local meme sensation Cedric "Burkey" Burke attempted hit.. one man dead

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Local meme sensation Cedric "Burkey" Burke attempted hit.. one man dead

Postby maj. tom » February 7th, 2019, 6:08 am

This thing in the HBO series The Wire. In fact, Burkie looks almost exactly like "Proposition Joe."
It's all about gang territory and selling turf. Community leaders meeting cops. Season 2 dealt with the corruption in the Port and how they move drugs in shipping containers. Everything so similar.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » February 7th, 2019, 6:57 am

When yuh special, yuh special...

CoP Griffith, Burkie in peace talks
Mark Bassant

“I think the Mus­lim who is re­al Mus­lim in this coun­try not at war, and who is re­al Rasta­far­i­an is not at war. This is a bunch of clowns with guns.”

That was the re­sponse of com­mu­ni­ty leader Cedric “Burkie” Burke to the sup­posed on­go­ing gang war be­tween the Mus­lim and Ras­ta City gangs yes­ter­day, in the wake of the dri­ve-by shoot­ing that took place along Pi­o­neer Dri­ve, Sea Lots, on Sun­day night that left two dead and six oth­ers in­jured. The at­tack was be­lieved to have been a hit on Burke.

Speak­ing frankly to Guardian Me­dia in Sea Lots yes­ter­day, Burke said the time for mourn­ing was lim­it­ed and the com­mu­ni­ty need­ed to pick up the pieces. He con­demned the vi­o­lent act that snuffed out the lives of his friends Rawlye Williams, 37 and ca­lyp­son­ian Patrick “Re­veal­er” Lewis, who were killed af­ter men from a ve­hi­cle opened fire on a group of men play­ing a game of pok­er.

“It is an il­lit­er­ate, un­for­tu­nate sit­u­a­tion. A bunch of cow­ards to at­tack a bunch of nor­mal peo­ple just sit­ting down lim­ing to be at­tacked for no rea­son. Every­body in Trinidad and To­ba­go faces the il­lit­er­a­cy and every­body run and say gang-re­lat­ed and says it is Mus­lim and Ras­ta,” an up­set Burke said.

Three days af­ter the shoot­ing, with fu­ner­al arrange­ments still be­ing fi­nalised, an un­easy calm has re­turned to the streets of Sea Lots.

Burke, how­ev­er, dis­missed ru­mours that the at­tack was a di­rect mes­sage to him and said it had not fazed him.

“It takes much more than that for me to be afraid. I was in my house and it had an earth­quake, the hard­est earth­quake I feel and no­body could con­trol that. So if you have to be afraid, you have to be afraid it will have an earth­quake or a storm or you get in an ac­ci­dent. So I don’t live afraid, so things like that will nev­er get me to be afraid.”

Guardian Me­dia was in­formed that Com­mis­sion­er of Po­lice Gary Grif­fith vis­it­ed Burke in the area on Tues­day night and urged him to keep the peace. Burke yes­ter­day con­firmed he spoke to the Com­mis­sion­er.

“We had a brief con­ver­sa­tion and he gave us a form of com­fort by let­ting us know he un­der­stands it wasn’t our fault and we were not the one who at­tacked. He gave us the as­sur­ance that the po­lice pres­ence in the com­mu­ni­ty was not meant to be in­tim­i­dat­ing or ha­rass­ing us, but for our pro­tec­tion and for when we were hav­ing the wake,” Burke said.

“Af­ter talk­ing to him we know he is fac­ing chal­lenges. He was sim­ple and sound­ed gen­uine. He didn’t add salt to our wounds.”

Al­so con­tact­ed yes­ter­day, Grif­fith con­firmed that he had spo­ken to Burke and an­oth­er com­mu­ni­ty leader in the Port-of-Spain area on the same night and cau­tioned both to keep the peace.

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/02/07/come-join-guyana-energy-boom/

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » February 7th, 2019, 8:49 am

Burke knows to drop media savvy quotes. Interesting

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 7th, 2019, 9:08 am

Burke is surprisingly well spoken.
The opposite of cro cro

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 7th, 2019, 9:32 am

PNM trained him in PR

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » February 7th, 2019, 2:37 pm

Very interesting. Sound like Burke is no fool when it comes to public relations. I have no idea what the significance of this is but the plot, like a pot of hot dhal, thickens.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 7th, 2019, 2:55 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Very interesting. Sound like Burke is no fool when it comes to public relations. I have no idea what the significance of this is but the plot, like a pot of hot dhal, thickens.

And now I'm hungry!!

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » February 7th, 2019, 3:45 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Very interesting. Sound like Burke is no fool when it comes to public relations. I have no idea what the significance of this is but the plot, like a pot of hot dhal, thickens.

A community leader with the gift of gab wields a lot more influence than one that depends on fear and violence alone. Gangs are filled with young men looking for a sense of belonging and identity, some areas you become a member by default, but consider a leader that can win you over with words, he's like a great salesman. Also Burke is tied to both construction firms and security companies, some allegedly with State contracts imagine meeting him in the business realm with preconceived notions and he opens his mouth and ..... surprise

A hot cup of dhal with a lil murtani sprinkled on top sounding like a flick this evening yes

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 7th, 2019, 4:00 pm

plot thickens???
hoss, one day burke dem get spray down, next day gg gone personally to talk with the guy... not fone call, nothing recordable. the day after, unruley boss get take out.... by the blue boys.

somebody put flour in that pot and it thick up realll fass.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » February 7th, 2019, 4:24 pm

eliteauto wrote:

A community leader with the gift of gab wields a lot more influence than one that depends on fear and violence alone. Gangs are filled with young men looking for a sense of belonging and identity, some areas you become a member by default, but consider a leader that can win you over with words, he's like a great salesman. Also Burke is tied to both construction firms and security companies, some allegedly with State contracts imagine meeting him in the business realm with preconceived notions and he opens his mouth and ..... surprise

A hot cup of dhal with a lil murtani sprinkled on top sounding like a flick this evening yes

Well look how you just add a spoonful of anchar to the side of my plate there.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » February 7th, 2019, 8:04 pm

He most likely was advised by PNM lawyers on PR

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”