Machel Montano sings Hindu Prayers....

Re: Machel Montano sings Hindu Prayers....

Postby Gladiator » February 11th, 2019, 9:52 pm

Rovin wrote:OP pull ah fast 1 on we cause it implied d woodford cafe scene .... which i didnt find offensive in any way , imo it just sounded out of place , kinda like singing iron mainden no of d beast in any kinda scene or somebody start to lady saw ram ram in d middle of a church .... u know what i mean , ting dat outta place or like we say here outta timing

as for d collaboration song - others have done this in d past but he try something different than what he is known for , a lil too slow pace for me , dont get me wrong : i eh hating .... :|

LOL I get ketch.... those looking for bachannal didn't find it.... :drinking:

Instead they found something positive.... :D

Postby tr1ad » February 11th, 2019, 10:07 pm

No_Name wrote:Plain talk, badd manners...there's a time n place for ething...!!!
If Machel felt like invoking protection or otherwise via spiritual verses, he could've done that in solitude b4 performance...
Despite his knowledge of various Religious beliefs as the case might be, it was a poor attempt of trying to impress an Indo crowd because of the location...
As for Chutney artistes performing in similar instances as seen by some, the riddim, the riddim is totally different, for who don't choose to think outside the box...

So only certain places you could "invoke protection or otherwise"?

UDFR eh

FordeG

Postby FordeG » February 12th, 2019, 1:16 am

Machel is another anti Christ, can't believe he not in jail. What a national disgrace

Postby matr1x » February 12th, 2019, 2:04 am

I have no issue with it.

Met him before and he is decent guy

nismoid

Postby nismoid » February 12th, 2019, 8:42 am

Gladiator wrote:What if the Hindu Pundits are not injun :shock: !!! Mind Blown !!!

nismoid wrote:All dem Hindu pundits gonna beat up only because Machel not injun

You ever seen any non injun pundits in Trinidad?

Postby Dizzy28 » February 12th, 2019, 8:58 am

FordeG wrote:Machel is another anti Christ, can't believe he not in jail. What a national disgrace

What crime did he commit?

No_Name

Postby No_Name » February 12th, 2019, 12:01 pm

tr1ad wrote:
No_Name wrote:Plain talk, badd manners...there's a time n place for ething...!!!
If Machel felt like invoking protection or otherwise via spiritual verses, he could've done that in solitude b4 performance...
Despite his knowledge of various Religious beliefs as the case might be, it was a poor attempt of trying to impress an Indo crowd because of the location...
As for Chutney artistes performing in similar instances as seen by some, the riddim, the riddim is totally different, for who don't choose to think outside the box...

UDFR eh

I see yr User ID is stated in green. Da mean yuh iz sthing o sbody on this Forum, right?

Well yr analytical skills are very POOR...!!!

By doin wat he did wen I indicated "solely", I meant in solitude or by himself, not as he requested at the time in question "down low Soca beat"...

Would he have done the same at Woodford Cafe in POS, where crowd would not have been majority Indo?

Btw, what ever yr abbreviation insinuates or suggests, take care yuh choke on d nexx Phoulourie yuh eat eh...

Postby tr1ad » February 12th, 2019, 12:07 pm

tr1ad wrote:
No_Name wrote:
tr1ad wrote:

UDFR eh

I see yr User ID is stated in green. Da mean yuh iz sthing o sbody on this Forum, right?

By doin wat he did wen I indicated "solely", I meant in solitude or by himself, not as he requested at the time in question "down low Soca beat"...

Would he have done the same at Woodford Cafe in POS, where crowd would not have been majority Indo?

did i speak of the crowd? or you focusing on that ….read again, in reference to your "invoking protection or otherwise"

but alas, what you deem "important" is showing... woodford POS "where the crowd would not have been majority indo" aite solja clearly your analytical skills are worse off than mine

so FYAHYK and UDFR

No_Name

Postby No_Name » February 12th, 2019, 12:10 pm

Nice, nice, had to post the same thing 2 to convince yrself yuh making sense nah...!!!

Postby tr1ad » February 12th, 2019, 12:11 pm

whatever your issue is, I hope you chant some mantras, meditate and find that inner peace

Rainman

Postby Rainman » February 12th, 2019, 12:13 pm

So pundits could bool people underage kids, but Machel cya throw down a lil "hare hare hare" ?

Scn

Postby tr1ad » February 12th, 2019, 12:18 pm

No_Name wrote:Nice, nice, had to post the same thing 2 to convince yrself yuh making sense nah...!!!

seeing that you haven't yet fully understood ... instead of avoiding, why not clarify your statement and my rebuttal?

is there a specific place to invoke, ask for protection or guidance? from above?

if surrunded by evil, debauchery et al and i felt that i needed guidance or assistance, can i not invoke with a mantra? do i need to go to the nearest temple, seek consultation with a pundit or pour some water and recite at home

Postby cinco » February 12th, 2019, 12:19 pm

No_Name wrote:
tr1ad wrote:

UDFR eh

Btw, what ever yr abbreviation insinuates or suggests, take care yuh choke on d nexx Phoulourie yuh eat eh...

You sounding like Iwer

Postby Gladiator » February 12th, 2019, 12:33 pm

nismoid wrote:
Gladiator wrote:What if the Hindu Pundits are not injun :shock: !!! Mind Blown !!!

nismoid wrote:All dem Hindu pundits gonna beat up only because Machel not injun

You ever seen any non injun pundits in Trinidad?
Whoever import one first UNC or PNM win the next election outright...

Postby SR » February 12th, 2019, 1:05 pm

Marketing 102......create a lil controversy so meh could attract more attention to mehself

Postby tr1ad » February 13th, 2019, 6:44 am

Mohan ki Muraliya

/FIN

Postby timelapse » February 13th, 2019, 12:22 pm

tr1ad wrote:
No_Name wrote:Nice, nice, had to post the same thing 2 to convince yrself yuh making sense nah...!!!

seeing that you haven't yet fully understood ... instead of avoiding, why not clarify your statement and my rebuttal?

is there a specific place to invoke, ask for protection or guidance? from above?

if surrunded by evil, debauchery et al and i felt that i needed guidance or assistance, can i not invoke with a mantra? do i need to go to the nearest temple, seek consultation with a pundit or pour some water and recite at home

What I trying to understand is why on earth machel would be invoking peace against debauchery in his line of work. If he want peace, GTFO carnival and related activities.

Postby De Dragon » February 13th, 2019, 12:27 pm

Wait until he sings a hymn, then all the tolerance vanishes.

Postby mero » February 13th, 2019, 1:01 pm

Imagine if Ravi B dey walk on Buju stage and sing a Psalms 23 followed by 5 boddows nah, PNM nation go march d streets and block de highways

Postby tr1ad » February 13th, 2019, 1:27 pm

buju does buss out the pslams and our father.... same indos loosing voice singing along tho

high mas from rudder...

ah well tote strong with some, guessing Sat probably didn't give the ok

Postby tr1ad » February 13th, 2019, 1:28 pm

tr1ad wrote:

What I trying to understand is why on earth machel would be invoking peace against debauchery in his line of work. If he want peace, GTFO carnival and related activities.

you too? so it have a specific time / place to invoke?

Postby maj. tom » February 13th, 2019, 2:57 pm

It's been done. It was amazingly good music though.

Postby hydroep » February 13th, 2019, 3:11 pm

Has one ever been done with an Islamic prayer/song?

Postby sMASH » February 13th, 2019, 4:37 pm

hydroep wrote:Has one ever been done with an Islamic prayer/song?
It's called death metal.

Postby hydroep » February 14th, 2019, 6:57 am

hydroep wrote:Has one ever been done with an Islamic prayer/song?
It's called death metal.

Ent? Some muslims guard their faith "religiously". Hardly any artists (local and foreign) dare attempt to promote "unity" and "harmony" under the Crescent Moon because beat up is one thing, losing your life is another.

Came across this one, by Queen no less.

lovescience1234

Postby lovescience1234 » February 14th, 2019, 9:16 am

If is controversy you want sing about chipping down d road with virgin name Mary .... if he does that He “Seal Team Six “ Brave. Salman Rushdie was hated until he died.

Postby tr1ad » February 14th, 2019, 9:18 am

Postby Dizzy28 » February 14th, 2019, 9:22 am

tr1ad wrote:

Singing her grand pappy's song.

But in all fairness Om Shanti merely means let there be peace in Sanskrit and it is used in contexts that are not Hindu related in basis (but it is also primarily used as the parting salutation in Hindusim)

Soundwave

Postby Soundwave » February 14th, 2019, 10:21 am

lovescience1234 wrote:If is controversy you want sing about chipping down d road with virgin name Mary .... if he does that He “Seal Team Six “ Brave. Salman Rushdie was hated until he died.

someone needs to tell Salman he's supposed to be dead...

Postby Rovin » February 14th, 2019, 11:03 am

even if its her grand dad song i dont think she qualified to sing dat nuh ... in fact its 1 of those songs nobody else shud ever be allowed to sing cause they wont do it justice , still an amazing song to this day