Forums

PEP Policy Discussion

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: PEP Policy Discussion

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 22nd, 2019, 10:56 am

You missed my point. I asked if there are any experienced politicians aligned to PEP. If not, why? Are they seeing something we're not?

Politics is not an easy game. Ego and power don't mix well. Add inexperience to the mix and you're gonna end up with Trinitrump.

Ideas alone are not enough. Maybe you can pull grassroots vote with populism, but will it be enough? It's not just winning and election, but running a country.

Another analogy it's like the people who spend hundreds of thousands on a wedding and the marriage fails two years in.

I encourage healthy skepticism. I like independent thought. I too am tired of the pendulum politics, but truthfully the only valid option I saw in the past was COP and now they're pretty much dead. Maybe I'll be convinced about PEP. Maybe not.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 22nd, 2019, 10:58 am

so since some of us saying we doh want pnm\unc d only other party i know of is MSJ who always saying they go run for elections yet i cant recall seeing them do it

anybody here willing to stain their finger for MSJ ? ....

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 22nd, 2019, 11:03 am

Rovin wrote:so since some of us saying we doh want pnm\unc d only other party i know of is MSJ who always saying they go run for elections yet i cant recall seeing them do it

I'm willing to stain my finger for any party that convinces me they are the best option of the day.
Red/Yellow/Orange/Green/Blue/Purple IDGAF.

I'm not bound to party.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 22nd, 2019, 11:05 am

i agree with u but so far i eh see none worth staining my finger for ...

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 22nd, 2019, 11:13 am

Rovin wrote:i agree with u but so far i eh see none worth staining my finger for ...

I could consider the mustard but

Kams hadda step down
Moneylal, sewage, devant, bhoe, ganga hada throw deh frame...other than that, I aint voting..not even considering the ketchup

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 22nd, 2019, 11:25 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:You missed my point. I asked if there are any experienced politicians aligned to PEP. If not, why? Are they seeing something we're not?

Politics is not an easy game. Ego and power don't mix well. Add inexperience to the mix and you're gonna end up with Trinitrump.

Ideas alone are not enough. Maybe you can pull grassroots vote with populism, but will it be enough? It's not just winning and election, but running a country.

Another analogy it's like the people who spend hundreds of thousands on a wedding and the marriage fails two years in.

I encourage healthy skepticism. I like independent thought. I too am tired of the pendulum politics, but truthfully the only valid option I saw in the past was COP and now they're pretty much dead. Maybe I'll be convinced about PEP. Maybe not.

me eh wah no incrementalism,,, i wnat to shoot for the moon. enough money pass through and passing through that a lot can be done.

annnnd, pnm running this country for the last 56 years, and they still needed a year in 2015/16 to settle into their seats... any body can do that, so why not somebody new.
politics is not an easy game, so probably new people will change the rules and get things changed for a change... like GG.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » February 22nd, 2019, 12:33 pm

Every single old politician from both the UNC and the ppennem need to step down and shut up.
Theh maybe it would be worth going to a rally to hear what they have to say.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 22nd, 2019, 1:10 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:
Rovin wrote:so since some of us saying we doh want pnm\unc d only other party i know of is MSJ who always saying they go run for elections yet i cant recall seeing them do it

I'm willing to stain my finger for any party that convinces me they are the best option of the day.
Red/Yellow/Orange/Green/Blue/Purple IDGAF.

I'm not bound to party.

No point saying that here-if you aint agreeing and snorting the koolaid you is not of US but one ah dem.

But I think we should vote-for who we consider to be the best option of the day.
We will never get perfection.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 22nd, 2019, 1:34 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:Every single old politician from both the UNC and the ppennem need to step down and shut up.

what ever happened to amery browne?

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » February 22nd, 2019, 1:38 pm

sMASH wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:Every single old politician from both the UNC and the ppennem need to step down and shut up.

what ever happened to amery browne?

foreign assignment to Brazil - reppin' trini as ambassador

I await the revision by PEA and extension PEP to include IML / Forex / Bitcoin as income generation

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » February 22nd, 2019, 1:52 pm

Amery Browne is perceived as a "Manning supporter" and a threat to Growlers as future political leader so he was shipped out.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 22nd, 2019, 4:09 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Amery Browne is perceived as a "Manning supporter" and a threat to Growlers as future political leader so he was shipped out.

Same with beckles

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 22nd, 2019, 8:19 pm

There is no perception....there were 2 factions Rowley vs manning.

manning called elections as a result.

D Diesel Report
Trinituner Peong

Postby D Diesel Report » February 23rd, 2019, 3:05 pm

But now is just Everybody vs Rowlie :drinking: :drinking:

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 23rd, 2019, 6:24 pm

remember how they gives Dooks ah foreign big wuk to keep him out

same with Therese Bap­tiste-Cor­nelis health minister under kamla , sent foreign

orville london & few others i cant recall but once u in d political club u GT ....

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 24th, 2019, 7:04 pm

D Diesel Report wrote:But now is just Everybody vs Rowlie :drinking: :drinking:

And rowlie looking like the victor :|

D Diesel Report
Trinituner Peong

Postby D Diesel Report » February 24th, 2019, 7:39 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
D Diesel Report wrote:But now is just Everybody vs Rowlie :drinking: :drinking:

And rowlie looking like the victor :|

Boy, sell water and pies and make yuh money yes. Doh put it in the bank or dey go charge yuh doh.

Is Bawlhead time now! Until the US boot him like dey doing he friend in Venni.

reboot2020
Ricer

Postby reboot2020 » March 12th, 2019, 11:16 am

Check out this Q&A fleshing out some of the ideas proposed by the PEP and addressing some concerns raised by the public.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 12th, 2019, 1:58 pm

This clown lucky for Facebook
If no Facebook where he woulda be?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » March 12th, 2019, 2:13 pm

reboot2020 wrote:Check out this Q&A fleshing out some of the ideas proposed by the PEP and addressing some concerns raised by the public.

Cliffnotes?

D Diesel Report
Trinituner Peong

Postby D Diesel Report » March 12th, 2019, 2:50 pm

I dunno why allyuh wasting allyuh time for, this blasted man and he party not getting a single seat in 2020. And they not going to stick around long enough for when dey could actually get one.

He just lovin all de attention he getting, remember when he try to get he second in command to take over but she couldn't lay a 'hand' on it. :drinking: :drinking:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 12th, 2019, 3:34 pm

pugboy wrote:This clown lucky for Facebook
platforms like facebook and watsapp propagated the arab spring... but, then, that happened in societies with people willing to change the establishment.

what allyuh talking about, is KEEPING the system as it is...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 12th, 2019, 10:15 pm

The difference is that smartmen can use social media to fool and hook ppl.

How long you know this character ?

sMASH wrote:
platforms like facebook and watsapp propagated the arab spring... but, then, that happened in societies with people willing to change the establishment.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 12th, 2019, 10:20 pm

pugboy wrote:The difference is that smartmen can use social media to fool and hook ppl.

How long you know this character ?

sMASH wrote:

not long at all. and so far, he hasn't asked to become part of any pyramid schemes.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 12th, 2019, 10:33 pm

You not from Port of Spain or the west and around since 80s?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 12th, 2019, 10:49 pm

pugboy wrote:You not from Port of Spain or the west and around since 80s?
nope...

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 13th, 2019, 12:39 am

reboot2020 wrote:Check out this Q&A fleshing out some of the ideas proposed by the PEP and addressing some concerns raised by the public.

Listened to all of it. Have to admit, he was really good here with his plans. I believe if he sticks to giving solutions and not just runaway on some populist rants, he will gather more of a following. He needs to expand beyond social media. He's on radio which is good but he needs tv time and run ads on the newspapers.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 13th, 2019, 4:26 am

So you guys willing to let a bunch of fb vids override what numerous different people on the ground will say about a person character and fraud history ?

Not saying that rumours will always be right either but clearly sometimes you need to not let "the man making sense" cloud your judgement.

To be fair he has raised a number of valid points.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 13th, 2019, 6:21 am

pugboy wrote:So you guys willing to let a bunch of fb vids override what numerous different people on the ground will say about a person character and fraud history ?

Not saying that rumours will always be right either but clearly sometimes you need to not let "the man making sense" cloud your judgement.

To be fair he has raised a number of valid points.

there is no history, only allegations that there is a history. ask one of allyuh to say what are the things that make up that history, no one can say.
one man, on social media posted things, sumting tell me screen shot it. cause i cant find the post again. one loooong list of things, but one allegation, that coudl be proved with a bit of evidence, but no evidence so it will stay as an allegation, half the list was a set of questions to the effect of 'u dont know y rowley flies out for doctor' or 'y is it kamala get rid of the opv's' . that eh saying nutten. the remainder of the post is just ranting against the man.

so, so far, i have seen pep policies/visions/ideas/concepts. i agree wtih most. i have seen that of the pnm and unc, and theirs are not good enough and they dont make good on even quarter. i have SEEN the history of pnm and unc, and u can see where billions of dollars went in, and millions of dollars of work was the result.

so, there is enough reason for me to want to give them a chance, and enough reason for me to not want to vote for the establishment.

allyuh havent provided a good enough reason to NOT vote for PEP, and when u do that, u also have to tell me who to vote for in their stead and y. a ballot needs to deposit in a box.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 13th, 2019, 6:36 am

I guess the Expo was a big imagination then as well as many other failed business ventures where he puts zero financing.

He grew up in woodbrook a street away from me and used to lime with my older siblings
trust me, everybody who was a teen in the pos west in the 80s knows him very well.
he was very very well known back in the day

many of his peers who know him well and who have called him out all suffer the same aggressive threats/libel
and well after a lawyers letter he claims his account was hacked, they dont take him on seriously anymore
I think he is on his third or fourth hacked account now.....

A friend(who he doesnt know) recently called him out on something and he promptly looked them up on fb and took their pic and claimed they are a bunch of corrupt individuals, a simple pic of guys having lunch in trotters, lol

dont get me wrong, he has pointed out many valid issues.
but what is alarming is the folks who know nothing and come to strong defence

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”