Forums

Garbage in Shark River

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Garbage in Shark River

Postby maj. tom » March 17th, 2019, 7:22 am

Watch how f*cking stink Trini people are. Shark river, Toco.

Jose Marcano, of the St Helena/Matelot Farmers on the Move organisation, shows garbage the group cleaned in the vicinity of Shark River.

And how Trinidad so backward, the Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Fisheries stopped the cleanup by private citizens.
Why? Because the cleanup group was charging $30 a carload to park at the site and using the money to remove the pollution of those same nasty people who going there. Stamped receipts and everything explained to the visitors. The Ministry stopped that because it was illegal to charge people to park, but the Ministry themselves never cleaned the place, or ever attempted to put maintenance facilities using our own tax money. Ministry then warned the registered cleanup group that they can be charged with fraud and wrongfully cutting trees.
https://newsday.co.tt/2019/03/17/shark- ... p-stopped/

It's an upside down clown world here.

francis1979
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: WTF pics and vids 3

Postby francis1979 » March 17th, 2019, 1:13 pm

maj. tom wrote:Watch how f*cking stink Trini people are. Shark river, Toco.

Jose Marcano, of the St Helena/Matelot Farmers on the Move organisation, shows garbage the group cleaned in the vicinity of Shark River.

And how Trinidad so backward, the Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Fisheries stopped the cleanup by private citizens.
Why? Because the cleanup group was charging $30 a carload to park at the site and using the money to remove the pollution of those same nasty people who going there. Stamped receipts and everything explained to the visitors. The Ministry stopped that because it was illegal to charge people to park, but the Ministry themselves never cleaned the place, or ever attempted to put maintenance facilities using our own tax money. Ministry then warned the registered cleanup group that they can be charged with fraud and wrongfully cutting trees.
https://newsday.co.tt/2019/03/17/shark- ... p-stopped/

It's an upside down clown world here.

This should have a dedicated post.
Interesting to hear the view of fellow tuners

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Garbage in Shark River

Postby Gem_in_i » March 17th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Dont think they would have stopped the cleanup but they would have concerns with the charging. And if they did cut trees in State Lands.

They real screw up the Dr name there lol

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 17th, 2019, 6:38 pm

Years ago when I said trinis are nasty ppl , I got banned reason given was trolling .

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » March 17th, 2019, 6:47 pm

Wow..

Easier to pretend to be patriotic and to easily lay blame, than to be responsible with our own garbage, I guess.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 17th, 2019, 6:55 pm

Shark river used to be a real flick...but with poor roads, matura is now the place...ppl forking up a good thing

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » March 17th, 2019, 7:03 pm

Yes, some people to flipping nasty.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 17th, 2019, 7:27 pm

Just another example of Trinidadian behavior.

When allyuh nasty MFs going to clean up and shape up?

Its to mount up some hidden cameras and make dem out.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » March 17th, 2019, 7:34 pm

Shark in Garbage River

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 17th, 2019, 7:59 pm

This is new?

Every River and drain in this country full of garbage, Trinis have yet to learn how to use a trash bin.

I would say the PNM is largely to blame for this but you can find trash everywhere you go, however what is certain is that PNM areas are generally a lot more nasty than UNC areas by far.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » March 17th, 2019, 8:09 pm

Just like down the islands now, they should implement a Ban on Non-boat owners from going down there, all these new char tours and daily rentals going down to Scotland bay and stinking up the place, littering all their bottles and garbage and leaving there in a mess.
For years boat owners, have been using down the islands for their weekend get always and have always kept it clean, now with so many people going down who do not own boats, they polluting the damn place with their garbage and their extremely loud music and cursing.

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » March 17th, 2019, 9:49 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:This is new?

Every River and drain in this country full of garbage, Trinis have yet to learn how to use a trash bin.

I would say the PNM is largely to blame for this but you can find trash everywhere you go, however what is certain is that PNM areas are generally a lot more nasty than UNC areas by far.

No boiii ED, shark river is one of d cleanest rivers in T&T.. just last year I was up there hiking

I went up by five islands today and ah see ah kfc box on d ground and d bin right deyyy enno... trini people relll mc stink

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 17th, 2019, 10:47 pm

Passed by shark river some years back and saw the water looking green so this isnt an issue that now pop up.
Matelot river green as well.
Down the islands the water green and maracas the water green. Saw litter in the water at gaspree, saw litter on islands when we passed by.
Green water is usually a sign of eutrophication, can be from organic loading via litter, waste from farm runoff, waste from domestic septic systems among some.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 18th, 2019, 8:59 am

Many clean-up groups worldwide ask for donations or corporate sponsorship... and get them.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » March 18th, 2019, 11:43 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:For years boat owners, have been using down the islands for their weekend get always and have always kept it clean, .

Thats a good laugh. Over a decade and change, the few boat owners who walked with garbage bags would tie them up and leave it right there for the tide to shift and burst them.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » March 19th, 2019, 12:20 am

Ben_spanna wrote:Just like down the islands now, they should implement a Ban on Non-boat owners from going down there, all these new char tours and daily rentals going down to Scotland bay and stinking up the place, littering all their bottles and garbage and leaving there in a mess.
For years boat owners, have been using down the islands for their weekend get always and have always kept it clean, now with so many people going down who do not own boats, they polluting the damn place with their garbage and their extremely loud music and cursing.

The loud music especially on some of those early/mid morning, weekend tours, slowing down and passing too close, is a practice they need to stop for sure.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 19th, 2019, 8:43 pm

Charging to park to pay for garbage clean up is wrong. I feel for the residents, but that approach is misguided.

francis1979
Chronic TriniTuner

Garbage in Shark River

Postby francis1979 » March 19th, 2019, 10:44 pm

Charging for use of land or construction of toilets may be illegal without correct permission.

However if what is documented in the article is correct and:
1) the group has accountability and funds are not being used for personal benefit of any member
2) funds are being used to maintain and preserve location

Then I would personally have no problem submitting a donation/parking fee to assist the volunteer service by the group who is attempting to do good for the country.

The alternative is:
1) place is full of litter due to people enjoying the location but leaving behind litter
2) people using location as public toilet

Considering the above option ; I prefer to support the group.

The responsibility is now upon the ministries ( tourism, forestry and social development ) or corporation to do as required to make the group legal in their activity to preserve the location

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 20th, 2019, 7:53 am

Weird how you would beg for help from the Government for years and years and nothing. Do it yourself, and suddenly they swarm down and say all this is illegal, stop it.

It's almost like it's a thoughtless, lifeless machine running things, instead of people who can think and see the benefit of certain actions that citizens take. Yes, it's a technical illegality, but they could have immediately provided the funding for the cleanup action and facilities and that would have been the solution and end of all this drama.

But wait, this could have completely been avoided if the Ministry had just listened to the complaints before, but forced people to take the matter into their own hands because of the level of pollution in the park!

G-DUB
3NE 2NR for life

Postby G-DUB » March 20th, 2019, 11:19 am

According to the cadastral map of the area the lands at Shark River is privately owned.
Forestry Division thought it was state lands but they were wrong. There was a meeting with the farmers group and Forestry on Monday, there is a further meeting today as well on this matter.
This whole incident started because someone didn`t want to pay the $30 to park and had some fiend or family working Forestry Division to try and kick up a fuss about it.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » March 20th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Wow private lands.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 20th, 2019, 3:12 pm

The river can't be private can it? Doesn't all watercourses belong to the state?

G-DUB
3NE 2NR for life

Postby G-DUB » March 20th, 2019, 3:44 pm

The river isn`t private the land is.

francis1979
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby francis1979 » March 20th, 2019, 4:31 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:The river can't be private can it? Doesn't all watercourses belong to the state?

You are correct but access/ parking can be restricted if people needs to traverse private land.

There a little caveat or loop hole which is if access was not prevented for a certain amount of years it cannot be done now.

Any tuner lawyers who can clarify

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 20th, 2019, 6:50 pm

No the problem is a lack of litter wardens, our law enforcement is a joke in Trinidad.

We supposed to have more litter wardens hiding at these places and just waiting to rest ticket in people arse. Charge them $8000 for littering this should be the fine. And if they can't pay the $8k then have them do a few months community service where they have to go every day and clean drain and thing and pick up trash.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » March 20th, 2019, 7:39 pm

I went there Saturday in fact! Place was clean, only garbage we in the concrete garbage bin where he was standing.

There was metal cable pulled on both parking areas so we had to park on top by the bridge.

I go there at least once every month or 2....it's my vice, and I pay my money to the keepers, they were doing a damn good job and even started putting up a little toilet facility, spreading stones so no one will stick in the mud and clearing some trees.

It really is a shame how nasty Trinidadians are, I went and saw people cutting off the lock already trying to go down and park like if it's their property.

Last week there was a post that some stink injun put out gill nets at the river too.. I injun too but if ulyuh hadda go there and be so, stick to yuh caura sheit. All d good lil concrete tables they put are rubble now as well as clear deliberate damage to the farmers Lil fig tree and stuff

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » March 20th, 2019, 7:46 pm

Pics
IMG_20181209_124727-01.jpeg
IMG_20181209_123724-01.jpeg
IMG_20181209_124731-01.jpeg
IMG_20181209_135451-01.jpeg

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » March 20th, 2019, 7:48 pm

Even doggo loved it
IMG_20190316_122634.jpeg

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » March 20th, 2019, 8:13 pm

how about putting some public dumpsters around trinidad and let people put garbage into it? my garbage pickup is my area is horrible. i would love to get a public dumpster to get rid of larger stuff

these places have no public bins but get vex when litter is there.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 20th, 2019, 8:21 pm

really? people can't just put their garbage in a bag in the trunk and carry it home? Throw it in the river because they didn't have a garbage bin?

So then, how do you explain the state of POS every day when there's a garbage bin every 20 meters?
No, no, this is psychology. Nasty people, nasty minds, nasty habits, don't care about other people, don't care for the world they live in, don't care for the next generation. These are the kind of people who don't use indicators and fling kfc boxes out the window. These kind of people think like how taxi drivers cut in and out of traffic. Nobody else matters, they are psychopaths, they are narcissists, they are sociopaths.

The lack of garbage bins is a stupid excuse. Would you do that? Wouldn't you just put your garbage in a bag and take it home? Or do you really do what you're describing above?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”