Josie's Jamishness - Need assistance

Kasey

Josie's Jamishness - Need assistance

Postby Kasey » April 26th, 2019, 1:05 pm

So the website says to input the name of a committee member in order to complete an application for tickets. Anyone know a committee member?

thelem-again

Re: Josie's Jamishness - Need assistance

Postby thelem-again » April 26th, 2019, 1:14 pm

Never understood this beg-to-spend-my-money-to-come-your party syndrome in Trinidad. All under the guise of exclusivity and social control.

Postby SMc » April 26th, 2019, 1:16 pm

didn't realise they had a party/fete/not really doing anything around this time of year. worst case scenario just say you know Duane, cant get brace

Postby MG Man » April 26th, 2019, 1:28 pm

Kasey wrote:So the website says to input the name of a committee member in order to complete an application for tickets. Anyone know a committee member?

how much u willing to pay for names?

Postby eliteauto » April 26th, 2019, 1:59 pm

thelem-again wrote:Never understood this beg-to-spend-my-money-to-come-your party syndrome in Trinidad. All under the guise of exclusivity and social control.

not aimed at the OP, but I agree with this 100%

justheretoreadthecomments

Postby justheretoreadthecomments » April 26th, 2019, 2:06 pm

I love a good fete/ party but I'm not about this name dropping/know a committee member bs to get a ticket. Application for ticket inno! I need to apply to spend my $700 to go to Josie's Jasmishness. SMH

Postby pugboy » April 26th, 2019, 3:59 pm

Put Gerry Hadeed

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 26th, 2019, 4:17 pm

Put GG

Postby Redress10 » April 26th, 2019, 6:04 pm

pugboy wrote:Put Gerry Hadeed

Lmao...if they only knew.

Same ppl talking mess about the 1% wining low in Josie after begging for a ticket.

Postby Numb3r4 » April 26th, 2019, 6:08 pm

If they ask you for a "contact" and you don't have one, take a hint and move on.

Postby Redress10 » April 26th, 2019, 6:15 pm

thelem-again wrote:Never understood this beg-to-spend-my-money-to-come-your party syndrome in Trinidad. All under the guise of exclusivity and social control.

Trinidad doesn't have natural segregtion so the people have to create it via imagined social status etc.

Think about all of those "prestigious" schools. They are all government funded and non fee paying so basically they are like any other government school. In the developed world in places such as England or USA their prestigious schools are fee paying costing upwards of 40/50 grand usd per year tuition.

Committee membership to access stuff etc is just a way to make ppl in tnt feel important abt themselves with their basic lives and jobs etc. Trinis need to really travel/live abroad to see what "high society" really looks and feels like. It's not determined by what "fetes" ya cud access.

Postby rspann » April 26th, 2019, 6:53 pm

pugboy wrote:Put Gerry Hadeed

:D :D :D :D :D

Postby Monk BANzai » April 26th, 2019, 7:08 pm

but these outfits not begging tho. With their core followers they still making...that's how its been designed like any outfit...comes down to the person wanting to be a part of it blah blah blah...and some of us make money off of it...the need to belong.

anyhow i feeling cute...might storm later idk.

Postby A172 » April 26th, 2019, 7:54 pm

Trinidad doesn't have natural segregtion so the people have to create it via imagined social status etc.

Think about all of those "prestigious" schools. They are all government funded and non fee paying so basically they are like any other government school. In the developed world in places such as England or USA their prestigious schools are fee paying costing upwards of 40/50 grand usd per year tuition.

Committee membership to access stuff etc is just a way to make ppl in tnt feel important abt themselves with their basic lives and jobs etc. Trinis need to really travel/live abroad to see what "high society" really looks and feels like. It's not determined by what "fetes" ya cud access.
share some your vast travel stories wit we nah Daran

Postby shogun » April 26th, 2019, 8:21 pm

The hell? Another account? :lol:

Daran could basically start his own forum and just talk to himself through his multiple accounts at this point?

Postby VexXx Dogg » April 26th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Committee members doh get a commission for the tickets they sell?

This sounding like IML, but the fete edition.
FML

Postby eliteauto » April 26th, 2019, 8:28 pm

how yuh does storm an event 3 weeks before it?

Postby Monk BANzai » April 26th, 2019, 8:34 pm

eliteauto wrote:how yuh does storm an event 3 weeks before it?

doh be on my storming tactics dan. *packs table cloth and chiliibibi.

Postby Redress10 » April 26th, 2019, 8:45 pm

A172 wrote:

No need for stories bro. Basic economics.

TT economy weak and tt currency depreciating by the second. The weaker they both get then the less things will be valued in TnT(houses etc). The more that happens the more difficult it would be for people in TT to attain them. Hence other things (fete exclusivity, costumes etc)would have to be held as status symbols to compensate for lack of actual assets.

Remember every country has its status symbols. Ours just happen to be things such as these. Anything purported to be "exclusive" is meant to be promoted as a status symbol.

Postby A172 » April 26th, 2019, 8:52 pm

A172 wrote:

No need for stories bro. Basic economics.

TT economy weak and tt currency depreciating by the second. The weaker they both get then the less things will be valued in TnT(houses etc). The more that happens the more difficult it would be for people in TT to attain them. Hence other things (fete exclusivity, costumes etc)would have to be held as status symbols to compensate for lack of actual assets.

Remember every country has its status symbols. Ours just happen to be things such as these. Anything purported to be "exclusive" is meant to be promoted as a status symbol.
k

Postby rspann » April 26th, 2019, 9:22 pm

Wannabes. The kind of things that are important to some people. I guess when your life is not the way you like it to be, you just fill it with something else. What's the satisfaction? In your mind/imagination that you are somehow important in other people's eyes?

Postby matr1x » April 26th, 2019, 10:24 pm

Are there strippers? If not....boring

Postby rollingstock » April 26th, 2019, 10:47 pm

I'm a committee member, but I eh sharing my info with allyuh fkers.

Postby De Dragon » April 27th, 2019, 10:18 am

rspann wrote:Wannabes. The kind of things that are important to some people. I guess when your life is not the way you like it to be, you just fill it with something else. What's the satisfaction? In your mind/imagination that you are somehow important in other people's eyes?

'nahstan? Pay a bag ah money, jump through ah seta hoops like ah show dog/horse, all for the "privilege" of saying you went to a fete? Fack dat! Green Door FTW!

Kasey

Postby Kasey » April 29th, 2019, 7:19 am

Sooooo......I guess this thread was a waste of time then?

No assistance whatsoever?

Postby Les Bain » April 29th, 2019, 8:20 am

Kasey wrote:Sooooo......I guess this thread was a waste of time then?

No assistance whatsoever?

Not really. This was solid advice:
SMc wrote: worst case scenario just say you know Duane, cant get brace

I get through with 2 free footlongs in Subway cause of that.

Postby tr1ad » April 29th, 2019, 8:33 am

Josie could haul she MC

Postby pugboy » April 29th, 2019, 9:00 am

Don’t hate the player, hate the game

Postby maj. tom » April 29th, 2019, 9:06 am

What is a jamishness? A breakthrough kind of procedure in medicine? Like Josie needs some kind of assistance for the hospital?
What going on?

5 seconds later on Google...wait... this man asking for assistance to attend a party?!!! wdmc does...

Kasey

Postby Kasey » April 29th, 2019, 10:02 am

maj. tom wrote:What is a jamishness? A breakthrough kind of procedure in medicine? Like Josie needs some kind of assistance for the hospital?
What going on?

5 seconds later on Google...wait... this man asking for assistance to attend a party?!!! wdmc does...

Yeeep. A party. I had the opportunity last year to attend, same procedure where you had to apply online for the tickets etc. But SOMEONE ELSE OBTAINED A TICKET FOR ME. After an epic experience at the party, I felt the need to attend again this year. I have to obtain the ticket myself, but one needs to know a committee member to complete the application......