TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

PODCAST - Episode 15 - Dr. Dr. Luis Guío Suárez (PhD Int. Law, Colombia) - Corruption!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

PODCAST - Episode 15 - Dr. Dr. Luis Guío Suárez (PhD Int. Law, Colombia) - Corruption!

Postby Slartibartfast » May 11th, 2019, 8:17 am

Uncensored forums on the official website

Episode 15 - Dr. Luis Hernando Guío Suárez

Dr. Guio is from Colombia and holds a PhD in Spanish and International law (2017- Univ. Alfonso X). His thesis was “Fighting corruption: social and juridical aspects”. He has a master’s in National security and Defense (2012 – Colombia’s Upper War College) and is an electrical engineer (1984 Tulane Univ.) He is now a member of Colombia’s Military Academy of history. He has been an associate partner of Torres & Alvarado auditing firm. He Worked Upstream logging wells with Gearhart Owen and downstream with Exxon Colombia in lubes and bulk fuel distribution. He started a family firm of Simultaneous and written translations that has been in business for the past 28 years. He also has teenage children.

I have been listing my podcast in more places to make it more easily available to access. So just to recap,

Full Podcast Videos
youtube

Podcast Video Segments
Official website
youtube
facebook

Full Podcast Audio Downloads
Acast
Audioburst
Blubrry
Bullhorn
Castbox fm
Castro
Deezer
Digital Podcast
Google Podcasts
Himalaya
iHeart Radio
iTunes
Listen Notes
Player FM
Plex.tv (Link to home page - search for podcast in media player
Pocket Casts
Podbean
Pod Chaser
Podknife
Radio Public
Spotify
Stitcher
Tune In

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Episode 11 - Empress Q

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Episode 10 - Jonathan Bhagan

New podcast episode with Satnarayan Maharaj

Unfortunately I am unable to get on to the previously promised guest. Anyway, I have some more interesting guests that I am trying to get on.

Hey guys, I am recording a podcast with the late Patrick Manning's godson this Saturday. He is community Councillor of Pleasantville and his family has been close with the Manning family since before his political career. This is a great opportunity to get a look inside of the his professional and personal life as well as the current state of things within the PNM. You know I'm impartial to all political parties to let me know what you want to hear about and I will bring it up. Remember, I have no sponsors and the podcast is uncensored so nothing is off limits.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
New Episode with Ro'dey the Entertainer. WARNING!!!!! This video has some obscene language in it!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Latest Episode with Nikoli Edwards who launched his own political party yesterday. Please remember that I do not endorse any political party or politician. I support ideas only. Take a listen to his ideas and let me know what you guys think.

Nikoli Edwards is the founder and leader of the Progressive Party. Edwards was elected to the Commonwealth Youth Council in November 2015 and serves as Vice Chair for Policy, Advocacy and Projects. He is also founder and chair of the Trinidad and Tobago Youth Convention.

UPDATE 11-06-2019

Let's Talk About It is now available on the following podcast platforms

Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/show/2aSDhcVVz074VSTzgplSEG

Google Podcasts
https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aH ... ZlZWQueG1s

Tune In
https://tunein.com/podcasts/Arts--Cultu ... -p1227917/

Stitcher
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/g-cast ... refid=stpr

Podbean
http://podcast.letstalkaboutit.media/

iTunes
https://podcasts.apple.com/tt/podcast/l ... 1458303201

Also check out the Youtube Channel for full podcasts and the Facebook Page for video segments.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 03-06-2019

Episode 05 - Professor Selwyn Cudjoe

Professor Cudjoe is a university professor, local historian, author and political activist.

UPDATE 02 - 15-05-2019
Episodes 002 and 003 audio available for download - https://www.letstalkaboutit.media/
Episode 002 video available on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkf1lNAJunM
(Sorry for poor quality video... I'm learning this as I go)

UPDATE 01 - 13-05-2019
Podcast Website live. Check out the forums. Everything is uncensored for now.
https://www.letstalkaboutit.media/forums/
Going to be very active on that site from today.

First podcast available on home page. Audio only. Video will be made available on youtube this week.

Full disclosure, the first 4 episodes were already filmed (still editing) so it's very rough. I'll be able to take feedback into account from episode 5 so you guys can hope to see some improvement from there. I also have zero experience in media and I'm figuring this out as I go along. I thank everyone that has the patience to bear with me.

Social media links available on website

No disrespect to trinituner for having respectful family friendly forums that care about both its users and sponsors. I want to promote free thinking and believe that censorship, though well intentioned, can sometimes get in the way of that. Unfortunately this website will therefore not be family friendly.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hey guys, as the title says, I'm starting a podcast. Interested in feedback and recommendations. Want to create a platform for people to talk about any and everything. Serious and ole talk issues included.

What topics do you want to hear about? What are issues that you believe need more in depth attention? How can I make this conveniently accessible to you (planning to have a podcast feed with videos up on youtube). I'm open to criticism so please don't try to spare my feelings at the expense of your honesty.

I'll update this post as with more info as I develop things further. If you know someone interesting that will be interested in being a guest on the podcast hit me a pm and I'll organise.

Promo video below.

Last edited by Slartibartfast on April 27th, 2020, 11:11 am, edited 27 times in total.

MG Man
2NRholic

Re: Starting a podcast. Interested in feedback

Postby MG Man » May 11th, 2019, 10:05 am

Why do indo trinis feel everything wrong with this country has to do with our negro brethren?

Why we as a people rant and complain on facebook but nobody is willing to make the personal sacrifices that will make this country a better place to live?

Sat Maraj and Leroy Clarke: they are different but similar: discuss

Things we need to legalize: herb, prostitution (with mandate that hookers must provide current std screening certificates and a list of 'will and won't do's' before transactions are made

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » May 11th, 2019, 10:53 am

uncensored you say, doh offend no government minister because you sure Babylon will unleash the wrath of Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry on you

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 11th, 2019, 12:06 pm

MG Man wrote:Why do indo trinis feel everything wrong with this country has to do with our negro brethren?

Why we as a people rant and complain on facebook but nobody is willing to make the personal sacrifices that will make this country a better place to live?

Things we need to legalize: herb, prostitution (with mandate that hookers must provide current std screening certificates and a list of 'will and won't do's' before transactions are made

Thanks for the feedback. Racism is a topic I want to discuss, especially how its promoted for political gain.

#2 Is more of an over-arching theme of this project. I am guilty of that so it will definitely be an undertone in many discussions even if not directly discussed

#3 Interesting..... gonna do some reading up on that one

#4 I like this one. Definitely have plans to discuss this one in the future

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 11th, 2019, 12:09 pm

hong kong phooey wrote:uncensored you say, doh offend no government minister because you sure Babylon will unleash the wrath of Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry on you

Gonna try my best to remain unbiased and truthful. I don't want to offend anybody but my desire to discuss the truth is stronger. If some people get offended by the truth well.... guess I'll deal with that issue when the problem arises. I am more scared about coming across as highfalutin or as a flibbertigibbet. That would be a shame.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » May 11th, 2019, 1:37 pm

We were a British crown colony.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 11th, 2019, 2:56 pm

Zoom as your first guest... make it happen.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 11th, 2019, 3:16 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Zoom as your first guest... make it happen.

That's purely up to zoomie. I don't fraid that. He have a better grasp on this petrotrin situation than me and from his previous posts he seems older than me with more knowledge of some of our past politics.

It's no secret that I disagree a lot with zr but my aim is to discuss, not censor. In my experiemce censoring an issue robs you of the opportunity to address it.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 11th, 2019, 3:23 pm

Once you get embroiled in political talk, it will be a never ending tag-team competition. We really have enough division right here everyday on the forum on politics. And how would that be different from all those radio talk shows? Don't do politics. And what you create today will be irrelevant next 2 years wrt to politics.

History is always a good topic, and you know you can invite professors and cultural icons and get things documented for Trinidad and Tobago. And document some really old people stories too. I remember a very old guy was telling me how he used to ride the rails in the 1930s and all the baytee he was with in the cane fields... and I wish I could have listened to him all day, how his face lit up with memories. Document experiences during WWII. They're almost all gone. This is a big reason why our country, and most 3rd world countries are so lost in their self-development. The history is not documented properly and taught to the next generation.

Music. You know this island has so many gifted people in that. Document some experiences about the golden days of calypso and touring UK and USA by ship in the 1950s to 1960s if you can.

Do a day in the life of a mechanic. From typical servicing, to the grease monkey sweat. Show how these men work hard.

Food. Invite a chef to talk. Talk about the schooling. The experience abroad. The incredibly long and hard hours and the intense pressure in a restaurant kitchen.

In fact you can cover a lot of episodes with tradesmen. Encourage people to get into trades. UWI and typical university programmes aren't cutting it in this country anymore. Invite the lecturers of technical colleges and see if you can get some time in the workshop to give substance of the hands on work. Like tear-down an ac unit/fridge and fix it. A job that's currently in the shop.

It will always have social issues and all those. I just think that those things come and go just like every edition of the morning tv talk show. Anyway, that is the kind of stuff I would be interested in personally. These kind of stories may not jibe with any audience you are looking for. It's up to you to learn how marketing and social media success works in this local market, and to the folks abroad who like to feel at home watching local programmes.

oh by the way, look up some "voice inflection" YouTube videos. Watch how it's practised in some of the most successful channels like PBS Eons, Linus Tech Tips, Mark Rober, Marques Brownlee, Smarter Every Day, the Grand Tours tent sessions.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 11th, 2019, 4:01 pm

Hey Maj. Tom thanks for the recommendations. I agree about the politics thing. Right now I dont want to tie myself down so yeah I'm definitely open to other guests.

I actually want to start this to show others that TnT has everything that we look for on the outside. I believe that we have plenty trinis here with good ideas and inspirational stories but our problem is that they just don't have a big enough following to be popular.

Btw, my podcast setup is going to be mobile so if you know anyone interesting send me a pm and I could carry my stuff and set up by them to shoot the podcast. My bro actually linked up a session with a Wickan priest soooooo.... that's gonna be interesting..... I'm really excited for that though. But yeah, I know I'll inevitably end up talking about local issues and politics but i really want to give attention to the things down here that just don't make it into the media. Sh!t I already seeing I'll have to put in a lot of effort to avoid falling into thay rutt. You are right

Didnt know about the voice inflection thing though. I'll check it out.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » May 11th, 2019, 8:38 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
MG Man wrote:Why do indo trinis feel everything wrong with this country has to do with our negro brethren?

Thanks for the feedback. Racism is a topic I want to discuss, especially how its promoted for political gain.

#2 Is more of an over-arching theme of this project. I am guilty of that so it will definitely be an undertone in many discussions even if not directly discussed

i won't mind coming on... but is it a true podcast? no video?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 11th, 2019, 11:13 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

i won't mind coming on... but is it a true podcast? no video?

It is a true podcast but I'm trying to make video also available. Going to host it on podbean, rss link will be made available for use with your podcast app. Will register it with apple podcasts once I have enough content to qualify. Main focus is audio cuz I can't afford good video equipment now. Video will be made available on youtube for those that want to check it out there. If I can get sponsorship later to help with hosting I'll make videos downloadable as well.

If you concerned about your identity remaining confidential it's no prob to obscure your face. Hit me a pm if you really interested.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 13th, 2019, 9:01 am

Idea for a topic
A clean car given our current water woes should be a sign of shame and not pride

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 13th, 2019, 9:12 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Idea for a topic
A clean car given our current water woes should be a sign of shame and not pride

*hearty applause
*looks at clean car....
Well it only wash four times since January :oops:

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 13th, 2019, 9:17 am

MG Man wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Idea for a topic

*hearty applause
*looks at clean car....
Well it only wash four times since January :oops:

4 is a lot.

Mines wash twice and one was when the dealership washed it after servicing in January.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 13th, 2019, 9:22 am

yeah I know
Twice was when a customer with a car wash took the liberty of washing while I was in meetings with him, but it still counts
Washed the wife car three times since January, and the weekend car got washed once, for Cars & Coffee
damn, now that I've typed that out, it really adds up :/

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 13th, 2019, 9:26 am

MG Man wrote:yeah I know
Twice was when a customer with a car wash took the liberty of washing while I was in meetings with him, but it still counts
Washed the wife car three times since January, and the weekend car got washed once, for Cars & Coffee
damn, now that I've typed that out, it really adds up :/

Barry Padarath frowns on your shenanigans!!!!

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 13th, 2019, 9:32 am

nooooooo.....need to keep young Barry bright and shiny at all times

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Re: UPDATE - Podcast live (beta) Interested in Feedback

Postby Slartibartfast » May 13th, 2019, 9:57 am

Got a website (beta mode right now)
https://www.letstalkaboutit.media/forums/

You guys can check it out.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 13th, 2019, 10:18 am

good luck - seems like an interesting project.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 13th, 2019, 2:37 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:good luck - seems like an interesting project.

Thanks man. I need all the luck I can get. :lol:

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 13th, 2019, 2:42 pm

and rum....rum certainly helps

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 15th, 2019, 12:00 pm

MG Man wrote:and rum....rum certainly helps

Lol.... alcohol may or may not be involved. Like I said, everything on the table, including ice.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 15th, 2019, 12:44 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
MG Man wrote:and rum....rum certainly helps

Lol.... alcohol may or may not be involved. Like I said, everything on the table, including ice.

For a nominal fee, I can get a few choice birds on the table too

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 15th, 2019, 3:52 pm

Inside for support. Will listen on my commute if it becomes regular.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 15th, 2019, 11:55 pm

nick639v2 wrote:Inside for support. Will listen on my commute if it becomes regular.

Yeah aiming for twice a month for now. More frequently if I am able. I have a lot of room for improvement on the first few episodes so it should get better with time. Thanks for the support!

Be sure to check out the website. I'm going to have a video archives section so that supporters can comment on and discuss each video.

UPDATE 02 - 15-05-2019
Episodes 002 and 003 audio available for download - https://www.letstalkaboutit.media/
Episode 002 video available on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkf1lNAJunM
(Sorry for poor quality video... I'm learning this as I go)

Going to edit EP003 video and try to release this weekend or early next week then work on EP 004.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » May 16th, 2019, 12:15 am

Well done and good luck dude. Listening as I type this.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 16th, 2019, 6:53 am

Very grateful for the 3rd episode with Tobias Ottley. Learning a lot from it.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 16th, 2019, 11:55 am

shogun wrote:Well done and good luck dude. Listening as I type this.
Thanks man. I appreciate this.

maj. tom wrote:Very grateful for the 3rd episode with Tobias Ottley. Learning a lot from it.

Thanks. Trying to have some informative ones and some entertaining ones. Plenty trinis out here are smarter and not as simple minded as people like to pretend. I'm hoping that this show becomes something good enough for people like you and them.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 18th, 2019, 11:41 am

Recording with a Babalawo priest in a couple hours. If you guys have anything you want me to ask or talk about let me know. I'll check this thread right before I start.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”