TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

With rainy season on our doorstep please ensure .

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

With rainy season on our doorstep please ensure .

Postby Ben_spanna » May 13th, 2019, 9:24 am

With the rainy season looking to start soon I would certainly hope that all of the Respective Regional Corporations have been ensuring that drains and water ways are cleared, places where have had bush fires that the land is secure and will not slip. and for us all please check your tyres and change if possible...dont wait until the first rains come and then you cant stop in time, make sure you have your umbrellas and raincoats in your car...… stock up on necessary hurricane supplies, get your batteries and extra drinking water ready .

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: With rainy season on our doorstep please ensure .

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 13th, 2019, 10:22 am

good tips there pallie.
I'm seeing waterways being cleared down my side, and even widened. Still don't stop the stink mentality of the litterers and inconsiderate dumpers.

Expanding the list:
Do a yard walkaround and trim any trees that may be close to or touching the house.
Do a roof check while it's still dry - look for loose galvanize and/or leaks while you're up there.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 13th, 2019, 10:40 am

seeing lots of waterways being cleared the last couple of months, which is awesome
people still throwing garbage into waterways, which isn't so awesome :(
Don't hold your breath for people adapting their driving to wet roads for the first few showers....keep VERY far from the car in front of you, to be sure you have time to slow down and avoid getting rear-ended
Check any auto parts place on any given day of heavy rain and you'll see a box of empty wiper blade packages...don't be those guys
Use a good quality washer fluid, not water, to clear off grimy road spray when the random showers hit these dry, dirty roads
Also wipe your wiper blades with a damp cloth to keep them free of grit and contaminants
If you use Rain-x style treatments, remember to apply to door glass and mirrors as well
Now's a good time to buff and coat those yellow / oxidized headlights

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » May 13th, 2019, 10:52 am

Check that:

*roofs properly tied down
*emergency numbers on hand
*know where the shelters in your area are/ make sure you have somewhere to go in case of evacuation
*have an escape route planned

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 13th, 2019, 11:00 am

secure all pets (although some people idea of securing their dog is to leave it chained to a tree)

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 13th, 2019, 12:27 pm

Stock up on beer and other alco in case your path to your neighbourhood watering hole becomes blocked.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » May 13th, 2019, 4:15 pm

el nino in effect it aint go ha no flood and if it flood all the water own by wasa so they hadda come pump it out ah meh house and clean up the water damage and pay me for THEIR water that in my house. if they take the farmers pumps so they cant pump water from the river cause the water is owned by wasa they hadda dam well come an clean up the flood by me otherwise i go take all the water damage furniture and sheit an take it an put it in front ah wasa door in st joseph.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 13th, 2019, 4:19 pm

screwbash wrote:el nino in effect it aint go ha no flood and if it flood all the water own by wasa so they hadda come pump it out ah meh house and clean up the water damage and pay me for THEIR water that in my house. if they take the farmers pumps so they cant pump water from the river cause the water is owned by wasa they hadda dam well come an clean up the flood by me otherwise i go take all the water damage furniture and sheit an take it an put it in front ah wasa door in st joseph.

i would love d day when someone file a lawsuit against them for flood

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 13th, 2019, 4:37 pm

like allyuh forget about getting a lil flood insurance
it does not look like insurance companies took any blacklisting measure against certain areas, I could be wrong
but better such residents should go get insurance, for a few hundred dollars per year to cover your appliances etc it is a nobrainer

No_Name
Sweet on this forum

Postby No_Name » May 13th, 2019, 10:18 pm

Meanwhile...takin advantage of the ending of this "dry season", authorities can put their heads together & block already dried dams to dredge before the rains come, so their holding capacity would be more in the event of a reoccurrence of such a water probs in the future...
After all, it just takes the Ministry of Common Sense to collaborate, no degree reqd, especially since it doesn't seem to have more desal plants in the planning for near future...

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 13th, 2019, 10:36 pm

I wonder how South Quay would be now that it have a new drain- anyway I say give it ah year or two. Come 2020/21 it go have ah tonne of garbage there once again and is back to the same old story

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 13th, 2019, 10:46 pm

Rain will come and more floods than ever this time.

PNM not cleaning the water ways so expect poor excuses

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » May 13th, 2019, 10:58 pm

Regrello does actually keep san fernando's drains and rivers in good condition, never flood even in the last 3 years.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 13th, 2019, 11:22 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:Regrello does actually keep san fernando's drains and rivers in good condition, never flood even in the last 3 years.
Bull chit ,

San do is a hill bro, they do jack chit cause they don't have to do anything. It's natural flow

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » May 14th, 2019, 8:54 am

zoom rader wrote:Rain will come and more floods than ever this time.

PNM not cleaning the water ways so expect poor excuses

They will clear it this year and say they solved the flooding situation....

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”