Forums

Low Resale values on Ioniq locally?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Low Resale values on Ioniq locally?

Postby Ben_spanna » May 17th, 2019, 8:44 am

Just curious ,But why does it appear to be a terribly low resale value for the Hyundai Inoniq locally? seeing alot of PDP, PDR that have come up for sale and are asking in the $125,000 Range.

Thats quite low i think for such a car .. is there a serious problem with them that people who dont own them not know about?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Low Resale values on Ioniq locally?

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 17th, 2019, 9:00 am

Nah, Hyundai generally has low resale value in Trinindad.
Remember these cars sold for what 170k new at some point?
The earlier ones prob already hit the three years and if you hit it the standard depreciation of 10% pa, it works out pretty close to the price you posted.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 17th, 2019, 9:07 am

Huh serious... At that price it's hella attractive for a daily car in the future

sweeks
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby sweeks » May 17th, 2019, 9:13 am

Any known issues?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 17th, 2019, 9:44 am

PDR and PDP are 2017 mid yearish as well.
VexXx Dogg wrote:Nah, Hyundai generally has low resale value in Trinindad.
Remember these cars sold for what 170k new at some point?
The earlier ones prob already hit the three years and if you hit it the standard depreciation of 10% pa, it works out pretty close to the price you posted.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 17th, 2019, 10:30 am

Yup mid 2017
those cars are only 2 years old, still have YEARS and YEARS of warranty on the Hybrid battery.... and for a car thats capable of 960 Kms for $180 of SUPER gasloline its a terrific opportunity …………...

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 17th, 2019, 10:43 am

I think there's an owner's thread or whatsapp group you can go to find out more - for example if there are known issues so far.

Does warranty cover beyond the first owner? I doubt it, but I guess someone can read the fine print and confirm

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 17th, 2019, 11:31 am

Yeh bro, low resale jus like Nissan

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 17th, 2019, 12:33 pm

sweeks wrote:Any known issues?

Check out the Ioniq thread
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=697429&p=9913521#p9913521

Owners seem to be pretty happy with theirs

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 17th, 2019, 12:36 pm

Market forces at play, have to sell at a price that would attract potential buyers enough to not opt for a new one instead. It's why you see vast disparities between similar cars in similar condition. Some owners accept the reality and price to sell, others live in fantasy world and 3nd up with their cars on hand for over a year

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » May 17th, 2019, 2:24 pm

eliteauto wrote:Market forces at play, have to sell at a price that would attract potential buyers enough to not opt for a new one instead. It's why you see vast disparities between similar cars in similar condition. Some owners accept the reality and price to sell, others live in fantasy world and 3nd up with their cars on hand for over a year

*cough* toyota

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 17th, 2019, 2:29 pm

market forces say a foreign used small car is less than $100k
so they have to drop price a bit to be competitive
mind you does the warranty tranfser to second owner ?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 17th, 2019, 4:54 pm

The Ioniq is an excellent car and it is unfortunate that it suffers a bit with resale value but one has to consider that right now, you can import your own 2018 YOM brand new Toyota Corolla Axio WXB Hybrid for $150k (cleared and licensed in your garage). Also, you are getting 2015 and 2016 Aqua/Axio/Fielders for less than a used Ioniq so it's a tough market out there.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 17th, 2019, 8:27 pm

yup it's a buyers market right now
Reminds me of the 80's when it was the norm to keep cars for 10+ years rather than sell every 3-5

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 18th, 2019, 2:49 am

As I said time and time again ..

Hybrid disposable like a bic razor

mazdatt
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mazdatt » May 18th, 2019, 5:59 am

Demand and supply. The real question is why some many owners want to sell after 2 years. I own one and have had no issues so far. I know of no other hybrid as fuel efficient with a 10year warranty on the battery. I am seeing Ioniq's less than 2yrs old with less than 20km in the range 125-130k that is a really good deal.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » May 18th, 2019, 9:14 am

It’s a buyer’s market in general. Once you have the cash you can snag a great deal. Banks are enticing ppl who like to borrow to upgrade early and often but there are barely any buyers to soak up the used cars.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » May 18th, 2019, 7:51 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:I think there's an owner's thread or whatsapp group you can go to find out more - for example if there are known issues so far.

Does warranty cover beyond the first owner? I doubt it, but I guess someone can read the fine print and confirm

I was told it does by someone working at Massy. but i dont have that in writing.

SidZ
Street 2NR

Postby SidZ » May 18th, 2019, 10:52 pm

st7 wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:I think there's an owner's thread or whatsapp group you can go to find out more - for example if there are known issues so far.

I was told it does by someone working at Massy. but i dont have that in writing.

Once it is within the warranty time frame, it is transferrable. This applies to all local dealers. You just need to inform the dealer, in massy's case there is a section on the service booklet to fill out for change of owner so they can update their records.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » May 19th, 2019, 2:43 am

Only reason it's selling so low is because the used car market is flooded. Kia and hyundai don't demand high resale values.
With a potential rise in the price of gas again after election this would be a great deal for a daily driver

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 19th, 2019, 6:38 pm

jhonnieblue wrote:Only reason it's selling so low is because the used car market is flooded. Kia and hyundai don't demand high resale values.
With a potential rise in the price of gas again after election this would be a great deal for a daily driver
Also suspect that any hybrid tax breaks going byebye to promote CNG.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 19th, 2019, 11:17 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:
jhonnieblue wrote:Only reason it's selling so low is because the used car market is flooded. Kia and hyundai don't demand high resale values.

Like you know what I know? 8-)

Anyhew, same discussion I was having with a cousin today. Stuff that is of good quality, we dont understand it, so we put it down and it hold no resale value. Buyers market for whom want to own it.
She has a subaru, people always cry down and say parts expensive, hard to get, hard to work on etc. I never had an issue finding a part, a toyota ac compressor can buy a drivetrain for my Subaru and a navara is pita to work on compared to a Subaru. I purchased a navara and contemplating throwing gasoline all over it and setting it on fire. :fist: :fist:

foots
3NE 2NR for life

Postby foots » May 20th, 2019, 12:23 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:

Sigh. That will be shitty yes. Hybrids seem sooo much better for our typical driving conditions - slow moving stop and go traffic, lots of idling in queues. They manage to yield almost double the mileage of a conventional car (or CNG powered for that matter) on the same tank of gas in those conditions. Definetly can't see myself purchasing any car in the future that is CNG/non hybrid gasoline. I wouldn't be surprised if the hybrids were better for our air quality too, seeing as they shut off instead of idling/polluting endlessly when at a standstill.

Maybe the CNG might be better placed on PTSC buses (instead of poorly maintained, smoky diesels).

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 20th, 2019, 4:29 am

It's amazing to see the push for CNG just to pander to the demands of the one percenters who importing kits and Honda City, while literally everywhere else going electric in some way.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » May 20th, 2019, 4:36 am

^^^We ain't going electric till the 1% tell government we going electric...

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 20th, 2019, 8:03 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:

Had the unfortunate timing of watching news the other night where short man made his excuses about losing revenue on hybrids bleh bleh bleh..... every other county in the WORLD is promoting GREEN and we have a short fugly shrek complaining about revenue loss ..... people really need to wake up and see that we are heading backwards........
Hybrids and Full electric is the way of the future , but i guess taxing more so that their personal pockets can be fulled is much more important.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » May 20th, 2019, 9:06 am

Honestly that is a poor excuse he gave with regards to revenue loss. Cng kits are the worst things you can do to a vehicle and I won't advise anyone do waste time intalling it. The amount of leaks I had to deal with and then the suspension goes to crap due to the weight.

The offset of gas usage vs subsidy if a large percentage switches to hybrid /electric would more than account for tax revenue losses to the govt. That motive really is a 1% initiative and based on the backward thinking of this govt I can't see Trinidad transitioning to any sustainable development anytime in the near or far future

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 20th, 2019, 11:45 am

I would think that as we signed the Paris Agreement Govt would continue to support all green measures including Hybrids

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 20th, 2019, 4:31 pm

lol wtf is wrong with that psychopath? We are a developing nation with one of the worst public transportation systems in the Western World. In this country a private citizen absolutely needs to buy a car to function properly for work and family. Citizens here need every energy incentive measure to reduce pollution instead of buying the cheapest, nastiest vehicles that other countries put out for scrap. He wants to tax hybrid cars now for government revenue? Is this developing the nation, or is it to just fill more pockets of the fat cats at the top?

Once again we see what that some people really have no interest in this country's future eh? Just rape and pillage the treasury, and squeeze the working middle class to desperation before you die, then blame Kamla.

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » May 20th, 2019, 7:28 pm

maj. tom wrote:lol wtf is wrong with that psychopath? We are a developing nation with one of the worst public transportation systems in the Western World. In this country a private citizen absolutely needs to buy a car to function properly for work and family. Citizens here need every energy incentive measure to reduce pollution instead of buying the cheapest, nastiest vehicles that other countries put out for scrap. He wants to tax hybrid cars now for government revenue? Is this developing the nation, or is it to just fill more pockets of the fat cats at the top?

Once again we see what that some people really have no interest in this country's future eh? Just rape and pillage the treasury, and squeeze the working middle class to desperation before you die, then blame Kamla.

Nah cyar blame Kamla she used to travel by helicopter paid for by the taxpayers.
Also the 2020 model of the Ionic will be out soon, and as model changes the previous model price drops,

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”