TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What would be Your suggestions for shaping the future youths?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

What would be Your suggestions for shaping the future youths?

Postby Ben_spanna » May 17th, 2019, 10:42 am

So I think we are in full agreement that this countrys future seems really challenged when we look at this country present youths.
What would be your suggestions for dealing with/shaping and changing the current attitudes and behaviors of the young men and women of today?
So many children are getting involved in a life of crime, do you think we can reshape them? do you think the entire generation below us is already lost? if so then who do we train so that they would grow up a better society?

ZOOM- please lets keep history and peenem and unc out of this please - Thank you in advance.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: What would be Your suggestions for shaping the future youths?

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 17th, 2019, 10:55 am

I think that there is a generation that may be lost and cannot change.

Discipline, Production and Tolerance. We seem to have forgotten all about those three watchwords.

Start with primary schools. Restore discipline and order there and within the next couple generations it will improve.

Hold parents accountable for their children's actions. Parents need to do more parenting and less autopilot.

Get children involved in productive clubs and more sports.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 17th, 2019, 12:37 pm

if yuh ask d question doh vex wit some of d answers u may get. that being said

sort out the few worth keeping, put them aside nice & safe
gather up the rest, including the ones that produced them, & cull the lot.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 17th, 2019, 12:43 pm

lmao at disclaimer

as per topic

revert to the 80s & 90s methods of growing up........take whatever you may from that statement

K_J_R
3NE 2NR for life

Postby K_J_R » May 17th, 2019, 12:49 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:lmao at disclaimer

as per topic

revert to the 80s & 90s methods of growing up........take whatever you may from that statement

fully agree.

we also need a more efficient policing sysyem which will lead to the next gemeration realusing that crime does not pay and that success only comes through hard work.

tgat wont happen of course.

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » May 17th, 2019, 12:52 pm

Every generation laments the one after it. Maybe instead of looking at them, you should look at yourself first and fix the things you can with YOU before trying to change a generation. Be an example instead of just a complainer.

Younger people are having some interesting and worthwhile ideas in my opinion.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » May 17th, 2019, 4:43 pm

Why do many of these answers ignore the fact that the world is very different now than it ever was. Everyone from about 30 years old and younger are part of the first generation to have less prospects than the generation before since the world wars and industrial revolution (with the exception if countries experiencing economic collapse or civil war)

Youths are beginning to realise this. Degrees are worthless. We are becoming efficient to a point where many jobs are rendered reduntant or useless. Our country is small so our market is a lot less forgiving to most entrepreneural ideas. Either everybody know who you are or nobody does. We are also not keen to give things a chance until it catches on (which is more subject to chance than orginality or quality). They also have to compete being undercut by bigger companies that can afford to take advantage of the economies of scale, drugs and corruption.

I think the main problem with our youth are that they were born into an unforgiving societt that made them what they are. They are expose to a lot more at a much younger age and have less guidance to deal with it than ever before. What do you expect?!

Here is how I will deal with the youth. Encourage them. Mentor them. Support them. Invest you time and ideas into their endeavours at the expense of your own. Anyone looking to make a difference with the youth without being willing to make a sacrifice is not really interested in making a difference. If that's the case then I guess beat them, berate them and blame them for not being good enough. Or we can hope that god hears our facebook likes

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 17th, 2019, 4:58 pm

My advice is, if you want to become a father, marry the girl you love and then start your family. Stick it out with your wife through thick or thin and together be a Father to your children. Show your girls and boys the worth of a true father figure in their lives. Secondly, teach them moral and spiritual values and lastly, education.

Our society is what it is today because there is no love, no respect and no role models. Too much boys are growing up to be adults but they may never become a man.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » May 17th, 2019, 5:07 pm

Start at de top big man. Our leaders are so corrupted and they turn around an blame the society for being so difficult. It ain't have one role model in our society, or at least someone who isn't comprised in some way. Everybody out their for me and me alone, so don't be surprised when population emulates that very behavior.

jl6106
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jl6106 » May 17th, 2019, 7:52 pm

Youths need to be channelled into various activities that help them ti be disciplined, solve issues without violence and learn to socialize. I believe it should be mandatory that every child should be involved in an extra curricular activity, from primary school. Sports, music, other hobbies that opens their minds to the possibilities that can be had. Coupled with this should be mentoring and monitoring where there may be issues of disfunctional homes/ family etc.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » May 17th, 2019, 8:39 pm

Stop the low cost to free housing, this is encouraging a highly reproductive but otherwise unproductive society.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » May 17th, 2019, 10:32 pm

I remember when Mr. Manning told the nation to watch more TV at night. People wanted to crucify the man yes.

But he was right. Making children easy, but raising children not easy at all.

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » May 17th, 2019, 10:42 pm

You can blame youths for being lazy, but this seems to a cross generational Trini thing more than anything. People don't understand value creation. They don't seem to understand that when you're hired you are being paid to add value. So many people see jobs as something they are owed, or that you're doing the company or government (let's be fair, this is mostly seen in the public sector as most private companies will fire your ass) favour by existing.

Everything has to be perfect for you otherwise you will not work.

OJT has enabled this attitude even further in youths who don't get employed. Imagine, you give an OJT a small fun project to do only to be told they not getting paid for that and it's not on their job scope.

Handouts and easy money have spoiled trinis across generations.

Lessons for the future youths are use the internet wisely. You can learn far far more than any local degree with teach you.

Alas, the other problem I'm seeing is that more and more people don't even use laptops or desktops, they use their phones for everything.

You can't learn most things by reading passively on your phone.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » May 18th, 2019, 1:36 am

Younger folks have very little value for money, sadly this isn't their fault, genuinely believe this was their parents raising them to think they were "princess'". You see it in the parental attitude,

"Tell uncle doh give you nuttin' unless is a blues (refering to a one hundred dollar bill)." as if money comes that easily.
Not to mention the extents that parents go to physically please their kids so as to avoid a tantrum, which often manifests as buying the kid something instead of talking to the child or setting some kind of limit.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 18th, 2019, 8:58 am

Numb3r4 wrote:Younger folks have very little value for money, sadly this isn't their fault, genuinely believe this was their parents raising them to think they were "princess'". You see it in the parental attitude,

"Tell uncle doh give you nuttin' unless is a blues (refering to a one hundred dollar bill)." as if money comes that easily.
Not to mention the extents that parents go to physically please their kids so as to avoid a tantrum, which often manifests as buying the kid something instead of talking to the child or setting some kind of limit.

I got no problem with giving them nothing :lol:
they go realize, the recipient of a gift has no control over the value of said gift

amd-dude
Sweet on this forum

Postby amd-dude » May 18th, 2019, 12:21 pm

Bring back school blazing, nothing a good guava whip can't cure. Even the badess "badman" in our school use to be afraid/respect the dean, now I sure deans does get cuss.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » May 18th, 2019, 12:32 pm

crazybalhead wrote:Every generation laments the one after it. Maybe instead of looking at them, you should look at yourself first and fix the things you can with YOU before trying to change a generation. Be an example instead of just a complainer.

Younger people are having some interesting and worthwhile ideas in my opinion.
Agreed. My observation is alot of adults have forgotten , discipline, tolerance and production. At the gym on mornings, some of them pay no respect to the anthem when it's played ( don't know how much of a difference stopping your exercise routine for 60 seconds would hamper your progress physically ) , we no longer respect each other as adults, the culture is one of envy and jealousy when a neighbour buys a new car or puts up a big pool etc etc...... instead of sharing in the success, we envy it. Alot of the other ills of society stems from our envy and jealousy, very few people nowadays are genuinely happy for others success.......I am one of those few.

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » May 18th, 2019, 1:25 pm

Public caning and return corporal punishment to schools. Population need a sound cutarse

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 18th, 2019, 1:40 pm

the majority of slackers are products of single mother homes and living with granny who will always say they was a good boy/girl
target those for the culling exercise first

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 18th, 2019, 2:43 pm

pugboy wrote:the majority of slackers are products of single mother homes and living with granny who will always say they was a good boy/girl
That is why I tell folk avoid single moms.

They single for a reason

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 18th, 2019, 3:52 pm

It’s a perpetual cycle
And well somewhat based on genetics
If you ever notice lot of them single moms very fertile and bounce back from childbirth in two twos and ready to make a next chile with a next man

zoom rader wrote:
pugboy wrote:the majority of slackers are products of single mother homes and living with granny who will always say they was a good boy/girl
That is why I tell folk avoid single moms.

They single for a reason

mragoobir
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mragoobir » May 19th, 2019, 12:19 am

Ben_spanna wrote:So I think we are in full agreement that this countrys future seems really challenged when we look at this country present youths.
What would be your suggestions for dealing with/shaping and changing the current attitudes and behaviors of the young men and women of today?
So many children are getting involved in a life of crime, do you think we can reshape them? do you think the entire generation below us is already lost? if so then who do we train so that they would grow up a better society?

ZOOM- please lets keep history and peenem and unc out of this please - Thank you in advance.
Gas chambers!!!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”