TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Drivers who use back roads as short cuts.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Drivers who use back roads as short cuts.

Postby Ben_spanna » May 29th, 2019, 7:40 am

Its interesting and sad at the same time, every morning so many people who traverse the highway usually take to the back streets to cut down on traffic time, YET,
When they are on those back streets they forget all about common sense and road laws:
Roundabouts become Rushabouts- so they dont give way to who is right
STOP signs seem to miraculously disappear- or everyone seems to need glasses
Pedestrians and residents in these back streets become obstacles and an annoyance to the drivers
Speed limitations in these back roads dont seem to exist for these drivers

Sorry but anytime I get in front of one of these type of drivers I purposely keep them back, I drive ever so slowly and take my cool time, if they try to pass me I block them, I watch in my rear view mirror and see people pounding their steering wheels in frustration and anger, I see them cussing down the place and many times they blow the horn at 630am IN neighbor hood streets that some people are still sleeping.

When youre using back roads use common sense, drive slowly, still give right of way and cool you tail down. :mrgreen:

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Drivers who use back roads as short cuts.

Postby eliteauto » May 29th, 2019, 7:47 am

Your response to those drivers makes you just as much if not even more of a cnut than them. Ever considered that one of those drivers could be dealing with a medical or family issue? I let them pass, we have enough angry people around without me having to add to that. Live and let live

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 29th, 2019, 7:53 am

eliteauto wrote:Your response to those drivers makes you just as much if not even more of a cnut than them. Ever considered that one of those drivers could be dealing with a medical or family issue? I let them pass, we have enough angry people around without me having to add to that. Live and let live

if you have an emergency put on your lights and your hazards, other wise cool yuh self and sit right there and wait like the rest of us.......... not falling for no ones BS ... people just impatient and breaking the law daily to save 5 mins of traffic....

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » May 29th, 2019, 8:12 am

Op, if they are breaking the law leave that to the police. You playing a dangerous game. Just maybe, you would piss off the wrong person at the wrong time and would regret it.

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » May 29th, 2019, 8:21 am

i know a guy who was shot in the face for a similar situation...he was followed home after the incident and shot through the side of his mouth, bullet exited the other side so he survived.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 29th, 2019, 8:42 am

I understand what youre saying gentlemen , however if we all just roll over and die , and clear a path for these lawless a55holes then our society will never change...…….. it only encourages them to do it more and think they can do it as a daily routine …

let police deal with them?? seriously? please..... we cant even stop people from blatently making Illegal U-turns, using the shoulder as an additional lane and speeding, we really going to rely on police to stop things like this? Some of you should visit the police head quarters in South Elsocorro- those same police park Illegally and have the Darkest G5 tint you will ever see.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 29th, 2019, 9:02 am

OP Trinidad is filled with lots of carefree angry people these people have mental health issues.

You don't want to mess with these clowns as they can trip on you. It's dangerous.

A study was done road law breakers and those filled with road rage. It revealed that those that have unteem stickers on their cars are the ones that break laws and have some sort of mental health issues.

Just let dem pass.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » May 29th, 2019, 9:09 am

also just based on the law of averages ,,,, they take all kinda short cut and still end up next to the person who drive normal @ Sealots traffic light

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » May 29th, 2019, 9:12 am

Ben_spanna wrote:I understand what youre saying gentlemen , however if we all just roll over and die , and clear a path for these lawless a55holes then our society will never change...…….. it only encourages them to do it more and think they can do it as a daily routine …

let police deal with them?? seriously? please..... we cant even stop people from blatently making Illegal U-turns, using the shoulder as an additional lane and speeding, we really going to rely on police to stop things like this? Some of you should visit the police head quarters in South Elsocorro- those same police park Illegally and have the Darkest G5 tint you will ever see.

Yuh car even stop the police from breaking the law, much less enforce it.

Just weekend gone a "Vitara painted in Police colours" made an illegal U-Turn on Independence Avenue by the Ruth Ave. traffic lights. No lights or siren so yuh cyar even say they were answering a call. Doubles probably haffi get...:|

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » May 29th, 2019, 9:34 am

EVERYBODY is skunt in this place. I drive at 80 in the left lane on the highway, take a shortcut if waze say so (And I know it not through a ghetto) And listen to a lil youtube music in traffic. As you get older, you realize all this rushing is a pack of nonsense. Have people being over courteous and want to merge early in a zipline merge and then get hot up when somebody passes them and merges legally) two cars down. The use of roundabouts elude most people who think you need to stop like a mook until no cars are approaching like a stop sign instead of merging when safe to do so. Some of these righteous people don't know one flying bird about rules of the road but want to bump their sanctimonious gum about bad drivers when they themselves doing tewse (Generally speaking, not directed at anyone on this thread in particular).

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 29th, 2019, 10:12 am

RBphoto wrote:EVERYBODY is skunt in this place. I drive at 80 in the left lane on the highway, take a shortcut if waze say so (And I know it not through a ghetto) And listen to a lil youtube music in traffic. As you get older, you realize all this rushing is a pack of nonsense. Have people being over courteous and want to merge early in a zipline merge and then get hot up when somebody passes them and merges legally) two cars down. The use of roundabouts elude most people who think you need to stop like a mook until no cars are approaching like a stop sign instead of merging when safe to do so. Some of these righteous people don't know one flying bird about rules of the road but want to bump their sanctimonious gum about bad drivers when they themselves doing tewse (Generally speaking, not directed at anyone on this thread in particular).

plenty sense here
I believe that most of the cnuts on the road are those that tend to leave home late yet expect to reach where they going on time. Leave home a lil early, & you won't need the take the back roads & bad drive ppl

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 29th, 2019, 10:45 am

agreed with zoom , too many crazy azzes out here so if they hurry let them go

u will reach up to them up 10 seconds later at d traffic light or junction for all d hurry they was hurry .....

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » May 29th, 2019, 10:56 am

Ben_spanna wrote:
Sorry but anytime I get in front of one of these type of drivers I purposely keep them back, I drive ever so slowly and take my cool time, if they try to pass me I block them, I watch in my rear view mirror and see people pounding their steering wheels in frustration and anger, I see them cussing down the place and many times they blow the horn at 630am IN neighbor hood streets that some people are still sleeping.

2nr tough guys lmao..

Boy cool yuhself eh, you not gonna die a martyr.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » May 29th, 2019, 11:32 am

The issue raised here about the way people aggressively attempt to beat traffic congestion is as old as the hills.
The only time I can remember my father using foul language was actually occasioned when a driver tried to dangerously insert himself into our lane during a 'traffic-jam' many moons ago.
I have learnt over time, that for my peace and comfort its better to safely stand down since the behavior of the indisciplined on the roadways is way bigger than my ability to correct and can actually be infectious and dangerous.
We must also be reminded that an accident may cause our vehicle to go down and the cost of repairs and insurance cover is a whole different story.
With my risk management experience crazy drivers most certainly pay for recklessness either by having frequent vehicle downtime, high financial costs or in some cases a trip to the hospital or morgue.
……...Who don't hear will feel!

H.S.E GuY
Street 2NR

Postby H.S.E GuY » May 29th, 2019, 12:16 pm

Aye Spanna - I hear you, I do that kinda sheit - The thing is that drivers of today have no common courtesy, no respect for other drivers, no respect for their passengers, they show blatant disregard to Motor Vehicle & Road Traffic Act. As a nation we continue to condone this type of behavior on our roads and yet when right-minded individuals speak out they are treated as outcasts.

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » May 29th, 2019, 12:34 pm

OP I was agreeing with until you said you purposely block drivers and prevent them from passing. That is a dotish move and extremely selfish. Let someone pass if they want to as long as they’re doing it safely.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 29th, 2019, 12:39 pm

H.S.E GuY wrote:Aye Spanna - I hear you, I do that kinda sheit - The thing is that drivers of today have no common courtesy, no respect for other drivers, no respect for their passengers, they show blatant disregard to Motor Vehicle & Road Traffic Act. As a nation we continue to condone this type of behavior on our roads and yet when right-minded individuals speak out they are treated as outcasts.

This type of behavior also spills over into every day casual situations, everywhere you go theres always people who refuse to form a single line, or want to jump to the top of the line with an ignorant attitude, every damn place they go they want to be served instantly and if they dont they complain and behave like a warahoon.... why do our people have to behave like this?

They go to a beach with a big sign that states "NO PLAYING of BALL games" , yet they want to play football right where children are playing and dem more vex if you bring it to their attention... its just disrespect that seems to drive Trinidadians ..............

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » May 29th, 2019, 12:40 pm

Many persons think the back roads are faster but if one would check the routes on Waze sometimes you will see it is barely a couple minutes but more driving. Then the bottlenecks at lights or merge lanes makes the back roads driving almost nil many times.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 29th, 2019, 12:44 pm

when I say I block dem I mean I dont go out of my way to allow them to pass, they are still free to overtake me dangerously and go about their business, but remember the back streets are NARROW so I drive technically ON the middle line so im not blocking anyone, but to overtake me they have to drive dangerously to do so...……….

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » May 29th, 2019, 2:18 pm

Dan-you disappoint me there, let them go if they want. in reality you will always have to fight up with traffic and aresholes- why become one yourself when it dont really affect you other than the stress you give yourself .

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 29th, 2019, 2:26 pm

SMc wrote:Dan-you disappoint me there, let them go if they want. in reality you will always have to fight up with traffic and aresholes- why become one yourself when it dont really affect you other than the stress you give yourself .

people need to be put in their place... driving like an reckless idiot and flying through residential streets whilst breaking numerous laws is not proper and should not be accepted... but i guess like everyone says just let them go and maybe one day they will find themselves wrapped around a lampost and forgotten .....hope they dont kill no innocent person whilst doing it.
i always have to try and remember this is Trinidad where anything goes, lawlessness is encouraged and no corrupt politician goes to prison for any of the Billions they have stolen.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 29th, 2019, 2:28 pm

I used to take back roads heading into PoS on mornings.
Through St Augustine South to come out by Kay Donna and then though El Socorro South to come out by Don Miguel Road.
I would typically try to mark a big vehicle like a branded truck or something unusual like a concrete pump truck etc. to see how I did.
I noticed in most instances I came out behind those vehicles or maybe a few lengths ahead.

Decided it not worth it for all the extra driving and just stay and chill myself on the highway now.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 29th, 2019, 2:28 pm

cool story bro

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 29th, 2019, 2:56 pm

sMASH wrote:cool story bro

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 29th, 2019, 3:15 pm

My ting is, dash cam it and post it out.

Most I will do is not give them space to push back in. But me is not no traffic enforcer, and I don't want a dummy officer come and tell me my driving was dangerous and want to charge me.

God forbid one of them really violent and decide to act up on the scenes(it happened already, and I made it look like I grab sumting by the handbrake and just waiting for him to come closer) most u will get is armature reporting on a live. Nobody eh standing up for u, and ur fight for order.

Wrt to back roads, most times the wear and tear on the vehicle not worth it. Just sit back on traffic, a few car lengths, not hurting in most situations, especially on a town run.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 29th, 2019, 3:17 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:

Not u,, for op.
... but , guess the same applies.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 29th, 2019, 3:18 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:

Lol at the gif

@OP
You are not invincible...unless you driving a 10 wheeler then maybe.

you are just escalating the situation unnecessarily. Please don't move to the center of the road to block cause that will just cause the accident (sounds like you never had a serious one)

I really hope you prepare for the unexpected cause some drivers are unpredictable.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 29th, 2019, 5:09 pm

when driving on the ave, a lot of ppl like to use the leftmost lane esp where the ave crosses other streets as a kinda shoulder to overtake and cut in
they basically try to jump ahead a couple cars each cross street gap.

I like to run up and cut them off, it pisses them off

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » May 29th, 2019, 9:47 pm

pugboy wrote:when driving on the ave, a lot of ppl like to use the leftmost lane esp where the ave crosses other streets as a kinda shoulder to overtake and cut in
they basically try to jump ahead a couple cars each cross street gap.

I like to run up and cut them off, it pisses them off

yes one of the petty pleasures in life :lol:

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » May 29th, 2019, 10:04 pm

I understand where OP coming from after dealing with them residential area shortcut seekers for some years. It was a headache trying to come out the yard in the morning with those idiots.

But cnut behaviour among trinis is a real frequent occurence now. Careful having your fun blocking them; you might collect worse than stinkeye.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”