TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

where in Trinidad does sell good men's shoes?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ismithx
punchin NOS

where in Trinidad does sell good men's shoes?

Postby ismithx » June 28th, 2019, 4:39 pm

Need a new shoes, half of the shoes these places selling looking like some sorta chinesium material specials, the rest looking like ass and comfortable like ass, where on the east west corridor sells good shoes?

I only going west mall as a last resort as I don't want to pay their prices, and I not buying online because I can't try on a fit through a computer screen

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: where in Trinidad does sell good men's shoes?

Postby Rory Phoulorie » June 28th, 2019, 5:09 pm

Payless.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 28th, 2019, 5:50 pm

Nowhere locally. If you want good shoes to last a lifetime spend your money and skybox it. Will be worth it even after the tax. Expect $300 USD and up for quality leather goodyear welt shoes, but also expect them to last a lifetime with proper care and occasional maintenance at a shoemaker. Consider purchases along the lines of a Wolverine 1000 mile or a Frye's lace up shoes/boots. And make sure it's Goodyear Welt! Ship down a Kiwi leather polish kit with a leather conditioner at the same time.

Another tip I can offer from experience is to make sure not to get the cheaper type polyurethane (PU) shoe soles that will fall apart after a year due to hydrolysis. The rubber will just start to disintegrate on you after a year in tropical conditions. You are going to look to a polyether PU sole (made in USA), not a polyester PU sole (made in Vietnam/China cut cost by adding talc to the molded mixture). Even better if you can get leather soles such as in the Wolverine 1000 mile.

Lifetime thing. Don't ever cheap out on quality when it comes to what separates you from the ground... from shoes to tires to a mattress. The online buying with shoes can be a miss if you have weird feet. I'm a standard US 11/UK 10 D/M, and every single shoe I ever bought online fit perfectly. Just go in a store and try on a few dozen shoes, boots, brands, types and determine your correct fitting and don't be afraid to buy online. And new leather is always tight until it stretches.
Last edited by maj. tom on June 28th, 2019, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OPERATORJOE
Street 2NR

Postby OPERATORJOE » June 28th, 2019, 6:15 pm

You can go to signature shoes in trincity mall they carry the FLORSHIEM brand full leather boots and dress shoes priced between 1200 and 1450. Or you can bring them in for around 1000.00 a pair so you'll save. Excellent fit finish and durability from top to bottom

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 28th, 2019, 6:27 pm

bata ...

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 28th, 2019, 6:43 pm

Wah kinda shoes you looking for?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 28th, 2019, 6:47 pm

Rovin wrote:bata ...
I was in Italy a few months ago and saw bata alive and well. Their shoes are far better quality than what we use to get. They on parr with Clarks.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » June 28th, 2019, 6:52 pm

rainy season here check bhaganwansing you go get nice waterproof boots. good for citygate and other areas.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » June 28th, 2019, 7:53 pm

C & C City Shoes located at West Mall

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 29th, 2019, 3:44 am

zoom rader wrote:
Rovin wrote:bata ...
I was in Italy a few months ago and saw bata alive and well. Their shoes are far better quality than what we use to get. They on parr with Clarks.

Yes I was in Italy the other day also ..

I saw Mario's Pizza alive and well.

I had some Old Parr and took a maxi back to Trinidad .

BEST shoes online .
Amazon .

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » June 29th, 2019, 7:38 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Wah kinda shoes you looking for?

dress shoes broski, whoops should have mentioned that

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » June 29th, 2019, 7:39 pm

maj. tom wrote:Nowhere locally. If you want good shoes to last a lifetime spend your money and skybox it. Will be worth it even after the tax. Expect $300 USD and up for quality leather goodyear welt shoes, but also expect them to last a lifetime with proper care and occasional maintenance at a shoemaker. Consider purchases along the lines of a Wolverine 1000 mile or a Frye's lace up shoes/boots. And make sure it's Goodyear Welt! Ship down a Kiwi leather polish kit with a leather conditioner at the same time.

Another tip I can offer from experience is to make sure not to get the cheaper type polyurethane (PU) shoe soles that will fall apart after a year due to hydrolysis. The rubber will just start to disintegrate on you after a year in tropical conditions. You are going to look to a polyether PU sole (made in USA), not a polyester PU sole (made in Vietnam/China cut cost by adding talc to the molded mixture). Even better if you can get leather soles such as in the Wolverine 1000 mile.

Lifetime thing. Don't ever cheap out on quality when it comes to what separates you from the ground... from shoes to tires to a mattress. The online buying with shoes can be a miss if you have weird feet. I'm a standard US 11/UK 10 D/M, and every single shoe I ever bought online fit perfectly. Just go in a store and try on a few dozen shoes, boots, brands, types and determine your correct fitting and don't be afraid to buy online. And new leather is always tight until it stretches.

thanks bro

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » June 29th, 2019, 7:52 pm

Last time I bought shoes locally was when Kristina's sold Georgio Brutinis. Not sure if they still carry that brand.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 29th, 2019, 8:58 pm

Online.
If you know your size and fitment with quality brands, you're safe - they're fairly consistent.

Stay away from cheap sheit and you're gtg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”