TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Know-it-all Bantons!! Can Crusie Control stick?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

OMG!! MEH CAR ACCELERATES ON ITS OWN!!

Switch off de eegnishun:
11%
Jam the Shiter in Neutral:
70%
Apply brakes until something gives:
5%
Call on Jeebus Name:
9%
Crash into Barrier:
5%

Total votes: 44

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Know-it-all Bantons!! Can Crusie Control stick?

Postby Monk BANzai » July 10th, 2019, 2:50 pm

I'm sure you would've seen the vids and listened to the voice notes surrounding the accident last night involving the Chevy and the guy who reported to police that his car accelerator was stuck

Apart from the apparently ineptitude of the officers on the call ( i say apparent cuz we eh know if they were trained for a situation like this...or if the trainers thought about this situation when training them...) what would you have done?

Cuz inno allyuh here does know everything about everything and remain cooler than Denzel Washington when flipping a crashing aircraft..

inno what? try out meh multiple choice above!!

the relevant vids and voice notes can be added by the esteemed as needed.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Re: Know-it-all Bantons!! Can Crusie Control stick?

Postby wagonrunner » July 10th, 2019, 3:46 pm

throttles can certainly stick open.
experienced that with the BH hatch. (stupid little rubber slid down the cable jamming it open)
was on the southbound and needed to slow down, and brakes weren't as effective as they usually are.
while braking.. turned off overdrive. got rpm down enough to put it in second.
parked on shoulder and switched off.
tapped throttle pedal, it was not coming off the floor.
opened bonnet, saw problem. moved rubber back to where it should be, secured it, and continued along my way.

Galvatron
Sweet on this forum

Postby Galvatron » July 10th, 2019, 4:21 pm

Cruise control has control over the throttle and in some newer vehicles the braking system as well.

It is usually disengaged by applying the brakes or depressing the accelerator pedal.

All the driver had to do was shift the transmission into neutral!

drinker41
Street 2NR

Postby drinker41 » July 10th, 2019, 4:33 pm

Anything electronic can fault. Maybe he hose washed his engine bay the day before?
Who really knows.

Stick it in neutrallllllllllllllllllllllllll ..

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » July 10th, 2019, 4:41 pm

i have no experience with the neutral thing, so hoping to learn something.

would going to neutral cause the engine to swing to its max rpm?
how long you letting the engine run at that rpm?
would it allow you to use any gear while at that rpm?
how much control would you have over the vehicle to maneuver it while in neutral? Example (uphill and overtaking lane) you could come to stop, but what happens next.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 10th, 2019, 4:45 pm

I dunno if you will call it a stick, but I've driven an adaptive cruise control car ( when the person in front accelerates or slows, the car follows suit). And sometimes, though very rare it did lose the car in front, but this was met with a warning light and deceleration not acceleration.

axe
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby axe » July 10th, 2019, 5:05 pm

The guy tried even nuetralizing. He said it wasn't shifting

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » July 10th, 2019, 5:13 pm

wagonrunner wrote:i have no experience with the neutral thing, so hoping to learn something.

how much control would you have over the vehicle to maneuver it while in neutral? Example (uphill and overtaking lane) you could come to stop, but what happens next.

1. It might swing to max rpm
2. Until you stop which you should try to do as soon as possible without causing an accident
3. If it's a neutral car you can get into any gear if you are comfortable with rev matching or willing to burn out you clutch. In automatic, if you slap it back into drive it may not be that much of a problem depending on how high the revs are. I think the torque converter might help prevent engine and transmission damage. Maybe a mechanic or someone better with cars can weigh in here.
4. Neutral just means you coasting and cannot accelerate. You still have full control over your steering

If this happens to you I recommend what the other guys said. Slapping it in neutral and coasting to the safest stopping point is your best bet. Brakes should still be working fine. Better to let the engine rev and damage itself (which it should not have time to do) than to risk a high speed collision where you put you life and a lot more than just the engine in danger.

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » July 10th, 2019, 5:15 pm

Brakes not working, not shifting into neutral, lol.

So multiple independant systems fail simultaneously?

Hit the barrier at 207 and live to tell? Lol

Mankind either playing for that insurance money or just a bitter lemon owner trying to get back at dealership...

Either way, he on sh*t...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 10th, 2019, 5:50 pm

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » July 10th, 2019, 5:52 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:i have no experience with the neutral thing, so hoping to learn something.

1. It might swing to max rpm
2. Until you stop which you should try to do as soon as possible without causing an accident
3. If it's a neutral car you can get into any gear if you are comfortable with rev matching or willing to burn out you clutch. In automatic, if you slap it back into drive it may not be that much of a problem depending on how high the revs are. I think the torque converter might help prevent engine and transmission damage. Maybe a mechanic or someone better with cars can weigh in here.
4. Neutral just means you coasting and cannot accelerate. You still have full control over your steering

If this happens to you I recommend what the other guys said. Slapping it in neutral and coasting to the safest stopping point is your best bet. Brakes should still be working fine. Better to let the engine rev and damage itself (which it should not have time to do) than to risk a high speed collision where you put you life and a lot more than just the engine in danger.
Don't forget most modern vehicles have rev limiters.as well.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » July 10th, 2019, 6:07 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Sh!t..... apparently I know that guy....

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 10th, 2019, 6:20 pm

So I've done some reading. ALLL cruise controls have been manufactured to turn off while depressing the brake pedal...Noting that Chevy vehicles brakes are independent of electronic controls, so brakes would've still been able to slow at least

Either victim had a huge car programming freak out and he didn't react fast enough or he lie.
Last edited by nick639v2 on July 10th, 2019, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » July 10th, 2019, 6:24 pm

1st call is neutral and brakes, second call is downshift (tranny might take a mashup but if you have multiple systems failing might as well break it good and proper), third call is to pull to the side of the road where the terrain might slow you down, while turning off ignition and turning it on again to see if control can be regained.

Went well there?

btw shifter and brakes failing at the same time does happen apparently, have heard of it before, this is why I like my good old fashioned MECHANICAL cars

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 10th, 2019, 6:30 pm

nick639v2 wrote:So I've done some reading. ALLL cruise controls have been manufactured to turn off while depressing the brake pedal...Noting that Chevy vehicles brakes are independent of electronic controls, so brakes would've still been able to slow at least

Either victim had a huge car programming freak out and he didn't react fast enough or he lie.

in the video he said he called 999 when it started to malfunction which was in Caroni and the car eventually crashed in Penal / Debe

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » July 10th, 2019, 6:37 pm

i noticing nobody voting to call on Jeebus name......y'all sinners.

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » July 10th, 2019, 7:05 pm

Something not adding up....the car and the driver not looking like a 207km crash......

But if its true, I would try to find a saturated grassy area to slow the car down and hopefully get it stuck....

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » July 10th, 2019, 7:34 pm

wataps vnotes and screenshots circulating that they were going to repossess the car
interesting.....

hondablood
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby hondablood » July 10th, 2019, 7:34 pm

if was my sufferer pardna with he ad awagon he would of shut down for gas before c3. Man tank always on E

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 10th, 2019, 7:46 pm

8 quick steps to take if your gas pedal sticks
How to react if malfunctions or external interferences cause unintended acceleration.

It doesn't happen often, but when a gas pedal sticks or malfunctions, the situation is frightening and extremely dangerous. In an instant, the vehicle can accelerate to full speed and become unresponsive to braking efforts.
Mechanical malfunctions - such as a faulty throttle, external interferences, a floor mat that wedges under the pedal - can contribute to this type of unintended acceleration.

Below are 8 quick ways that may correct the issue and remain safe in an emergency situation.

1. Stay calm and try not to panic.
  2. Push the brake firmly with both feet and hold it down. Don’t pump the brake pedal or release it because you will lose all your vacuum power assist, causing your brakes to become stiff and very hard.
  3. Shift the car into neutral. If the car has a manual transmission, remember to depress the clutch to shift gears.
  4. Steadily hold the brake and look for an escape route, like a hard shoulder on the highway. Avoid quick lane changes, which could cause you to swerve and lose control of the vehicle. If possible, steer in a straight line.
  5. Do not turn off the engine unless shifting into neutral is unsuccessful. Turning off the engine will turn off the power-assist brake functions, making it harder to maneuver the car.
  6. When you have come to a controlled stop out of the way of traffic, turn the engine off (if you have not already done so). If you use a key, keep it in the ignition when you turn off the engine so the steering wheel doesn't lock.
  7. If your vehicle has a start on/off button, hold the button down for at least three seconds to disable the vehicle. Do not tap repeatedly.
  8. Call for assistance. Do not drive the vehicle until it has been professionally serviced.

"Smart Throttle" Solutions
Some new vehicles come with "smart throttle" technology, which reduces the possibility of unintended accelerations caused by mechanical failures. These computer-based systems recognize when both the brake and accelerator are being depressed. They also tell the engine to give precedence to braking and to ignore the accelerator.

https://www.statefarm.com/simple-insigh ... dal-sticks

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » July 10th, 2019, 7:53 pm

Car damage does not match a collision at 207 but what do I know?

skip to around 3:15

*shrug*

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 10th, 2019, 8:08 pm

what speed was he doing when the impact occurred?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 10th, 2019, 8:15 pm

I thought tuner csi was good.

WhatsApp CSI working overtime on crack.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 10th, 2019, 8:16 pm

End of that road is a lil round about u turn and bush after

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » July 10th, 2019, 8:16 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:what speed was he doing when the impact occurred?

In the previous veejo at 1:05 he says he endup hitting the concrete barrier at 207.

He would have had to hit those barrier head on, or if he wring hard left or right just before, the whole side would have had more damage.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » July 10th, 2019, 8:17 pm

WhatsApp saying they try to repossess the vehicle earlier in the day and wasn’t successful.
Crash doesn’t match the speed. Man could real act tho

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 10th, 2019, 8:23 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:what speed was he doing when the impact occurred?

In the previous veejo at 1:05 he says he endup hitting the concrete barrier at 207.

He would have had to hit those barrier head on, or if he wring hard left or right just before, the whole side would have had more damage.

The damage does not look like an impact at 207km/h

SimSimmer69
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SimSimmer69 » July 10th, 2019, 8:24 pm

Galvatron wrote:Cruise control has control over the throttle and in some newer vehicles the braking system as well.

It is usually disengaged by applying the brakes or depressing the accelerator pedal.

All the driver had to do was shift the transmission into neutral!

Nothing can be further from the truth. The braking system takes precedent OVER the cruise control system on ALL vehicles. Anyone telling you otherwise is clearly not very well informed. There is no situation on the EMC computer that tells the cruise control to not respond to brake inputs.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » July 10th, 2019, 8:26 pm

Well if anything them car sales should go up.
This might just be one of the sturdiest vehicles ever.

Man hit at 207 and he number plate intact, the only damage you could see on the surface is the 2 ends of the front bumper, and in the veejo someone said they had to cut out the door to get him out.

Man could real act tho

Well he have to walk the walk, he done carry out so much of the plan he will feel like a fool if he abort, because then he mash up heself for nothing, and then might have to pay some kinda fine/jail.

SimSimmer69
3NE 2NR for life

Postby SimSimmer69 » July 10th, 2019, 8:28 pm

black start wrote:Brakes not working, not shifting into neutral, lol.

So multiple independant systems fail simultaneously?

Hit the barrier at 207 and live to tell? Lol

Mankind either playing for that insurance money or just a bitter lemon owner trying to get back at dealership...

Either way, he on sh*t...

Very much on sheit. Very few people have hit barriers at over 200KM/h and live to tell the tale. In addition, there's no way the braking system would not have disengaged the cruise control.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”