TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Marlene McDonald Arrested And Charged!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Re: Marlene McDonald Arrested And Charged!

Postby Slartibartfast » August 13th, 2019, 7:46 am

rspann wrote:
Redman wrote:
rspann wrote:Simonette is one of the top lawyers in the land. Very decent guy too. It doesn't even have to be a drinking problem, a lot of people drink and it could have been his unlucky time. The problem I would worry about is his judgement. Why drive if you know you above the limit. Growlers has bad judgement too. Look at some of the people he put up and the problems he had with them.

I am not holding a brief for or against the man.

So a singular transgression is enough to prevent anyone serving..regardless of
A- its relevance,
B his qualifications for the job in question.

That's a very high bar.
I would say unrealistically high.
I feel that we lose too much quality talent that we as a country very much need...to secular transient politics.

Is this the case with Simonette?

Like I said he's top notch. I'm not worried about his qualifications, I'm more concerned about his bad decision making. Like someone said above , drunk driving is a step away from manslaughter.

I agree with Redman on this one. There is no connection between his job and his past conviction. I'm not condoning anything he did nor am I endorsing him. I'm just saying people need to be lees emotional and more pragmatic.

Does his past DUI render him unable to make any good decisions for the rest of his life?Are people saying that they never made bad decisions in their life? Cuz that's how people acting.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » August 13th, 2019, 7:53 am

hydroep wrote:The Integrity Commission, ODPM, EMA all of these are "legitimizing bodies" to take the responsibility off of those in High Office.

If those bodies make a decision and things turn out good Government will say "We made the right call" and if things turn out badly "Is their (i.e. the IC, ODPM, EMA etc.) fault".

Sh!tkicker cannot blame the IC in this case. There was too much circumstantial evidence surrounding Big Mac's activities for him to just claim that the Integrity Commission cleared her. Now he wants to throw them under the bus?

Foolish man is the most incompetent Prime Minister this country has ever seen...:|

You know a country has FAILED when your government starts having arguments with its LEgal justice systems and the relevant authorities for those matters.
Then theres the whole other issue where members of the same party are being convicted of wrong doing while in public, you have them on DUI charges, you have many of them being questioned about their financial GAINS whilst the rest of the population suffers WITHOUT basic infrastructures and needs...….

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » August 13th, 2019, 7:59 am

from a 2014 infraction, person could have made alot of positive changes....

if he didn't have full disclosure prior to senate appointment, then current fallout is his doing...

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » August 13th, 2019, 8:03 am

Slartibartfast wrote:
rspann wrote:
Redman wrote:
rspann wrote:Simonette is one of the top lawyers in the land. Very decent guy too. It doesn't even have to be a drinking problem, a lot of people drink and it could have been his unlucky time. The problem I would worry about is his judgement. Why drive if you know you above the limit. Growlers has bad judgement too. Look at some of the people he put up and the problems he had with them.

A- its relevance,

That's a very high bar.
I feel that we lose too much quality talent that we as a country very much need...to secular transient politics.

Like I said he's top notch. I'm not worried about his qualifications, I'm more concerned about his bad decision making. Like someone said above , drunk driving is a step away from manslaughter.

I agree with Redman on this one. There is no connection between his job and his past conviction. I'm not condoning anything he did nor am I endorsing him. I'm just saying people need to be lees emotional and more pragmatic.

Does his past DUI render him unable to make any good decisions for the rest of his life?Are people saying that they never made bad decisions in their life? Cuz that's how people acting.

But then there is the fact that persons in public office should have higher morality, exercise sound judgement and must be in keeping with the laws of the land or any land that they reside.

By this man having a criminal record for as minor a crime that is perceived, one can conclude that he cannot exercise sound judgement, he cares little for the law and in the public's eye is not fit to hold public office.

If his past is not relevant then why did Rowley revoke his appointment and why did he choose to quit?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 13th, 2019, 8:04 am

Slartibartfast wrote:
rspann wrote:
Redman wrote:

A- its relevance,

That's a very high bar.

I don't know. Every case has its own merits. Why are we assuming that it was a one off instance ? We don't know if this was the only time he was caught. I'm not saying it was so, but how do you make a supposition and then base an argument on it?
The same yardstick should be used all the time. Colin partap was fired and he didn't even get convicted. Hi ds and Camille always talking about drunks and thieves, let's be real and demand higher standards in our governance .

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 13th, 2019, 8:16 am

sMASH wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:DUI is one bad drive away from manslaughter. people that drive drunk are a next level of kakahole.
second that

So is speeding...let that sink in for a moment.
None.of tuner drives above 100kph ever.

Feel free to consider being turned down for a loan cuz you have points on your license.

Simonette is a instance in a continuum that is dragging our entire state mechanism down a path.

My concern ( demonstrated by Simonette) is what do we lose in our desire for perfection this arbitrary higher standard that's vague and subjective.How does this higher standard help us get the state to run better?

Who is more likely to be able to contribute what we need now...a neophyte like Saddam Hosein or a seasoned professional like Simonette?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 13th, 2019, 8:17 am

Only small fries does get make out.

Thats why they were put there in the first place.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » August 13th, 2019, 8:23 am

In every other country in the world a majority of the time any politician has their skeletons released from the closet they do the right thing and they resign.
Trinidad must be the only place where politicians are wrong and strong and do as they fvuk well please. Says a lot about the people in charge of this nasty country.

assassin
Shifting into 6th

Postby assassin » August 13th, 2019, 8:35 am

Gladiator wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
rspann wrote:
Redman wrote:

A- its relevance,

That's a very high bar.

But then there is the fact that persons in public office should have higher morality, exercise sound judgement and must be in keeping with the laws of the land or any land that they reside.

By this man having a criminal record for as minor a crime that is perceived, one can conclude that he cannot exercise sound judgement, he cares little for the law and in the public's eye is not fit to hold public office.

If his past is not relevant then why did Rowley revoke his appointment and why did he choose to quit?
I agree with this fully
Why are we making excuses for ppl who are entrusted with running a country?

Is there no one else bright, knowledgeable, ethical and without any history of violating laws?
Why are we constantly scraping the bottom of the barrel?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » August 13th, 2019, 8:45 am

I feel sorry for the prime minister because he acts in work information being provided to him and it clearly shows those feeding him information are doing doing a great job and in turn making him look bad. Again just like all governments wrong ppl in wrong positions.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 13th, 2019, 9:16 am

16 cycles wrote:from a 2014 infraction, person could have made alot of positive changes....

if he didn't have full disclosure prior to senate appointment, then current fallout is his doing...

Full marks!

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 13th, 2019, 9:18 am

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 13th, 2019, 9:35 am

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » August 13th, 2019, 9:38 am

Redman wrote:

A- its relevance,

That's a very high bar.

Well the fact that he deliberately omitted that he has a criminal record (albeit in the United States) s a major part issue if someone wants to hold public office.

It's hardly a "transgression". I'm sure if he ran over a family member you wouldn't put it down to a mere transgression on his part.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » August 13th, 2019, 9:44 am

is cool if we do it.....if other side does it - burn them at the stake / politics

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 13th, 2019, 9:57 am

Dave wrote:I feel sorry for the prime minister because he acts in work information being provided to him and it clearly shows those feeding him information are doing doing a great job and in turn making him look bad. Again just like all governments wrong ppl in wrong positions.
Total hogwash.

The PNM prime Minster and the PNM AG seems to know more about non PNM people and he does not know what going on in his own party.

This is a man that lied about emailgate and you want to believe him.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » August 13th, 2019, 10:11 am

DTAC wrote:
Redman wrote:

A- its relevance,

That's a very high bar.

Well the fact that he deliberately omitted that he has a criminal record (albeit in the United States) s a major part issue if someone wants to hold public office.

It's hardly a "transgression". I'm sure if he ran over a family member you wouldn't put it down to a mere transgression on his part.

Would you be so hard if Simonette was forced to drive because his designated driver had a heart attack on the road?
Speculation is pointless.

What is germaine is whether we cool continue to crucify people for issues that many would view as minor
Last edited by Redman on August 13th, 2019, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » August 13th, 2019, 10:12 am

I think her supporters refuse to see the important thing here.... according to some of them.. she always had her office door open for them.. she would always help the community... BUT isn't that your representative SUPPOSED TO DO- its their job-duhhh!
Shes not special by making herself available, thats why shes there , to perform a job...
So I suppose all of her supporters support her stealing tax payers money?? they support all of her illegal activities without question?

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 13th, 2019, 10:24 am

Ben_spanna wrote:I think her supporters refuse to see the important thing here.... according to some of them.. she always had her office door open for them.. she would always help the community... BUT isn't that your representative SUPPOSED TO DO- its their job-duhhh!
Shes not special by making herself available, thats why shes there , to perform a job...
So I suppose all of her supporters support her stealing tax payers money?? they support all of her illegal activities without question?

That's the dependency syndrome for you. Check out the stories on Al Capone. To his supporters he was generous and in return was granted their loyalty (and protection)...for life. After all, if yuh cyar make fuh yourself and no one else eh helping, yuh really not going to bite the hand that feeds you.

It's just another head of the 'gimmie gimmie' monster where beneficiaries are willing to ignore their overlord's faults so long as they're taken care of...:|

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 13th, 2019, 10:33 am

Not just overlooking queenpin's faults... some pnm on facebook was about to attack Ag. ACP Toteram Dookie and accuse him of being a UNC for arresting Marlene.

When the list of charges with the details became public, they get quiet and back off.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » August 13th, 2019, 10:52 am

MaxPower wrote:Only small fries does get make out.

Thats why they were put there in the first place.

Most important point here and is seems to have passed over everyone's head. GS issue had been dealt with and is much smaller than McDonald's IMHO.
I heard this joke on "The people vs OJ Simpson" "What do you call a lawyer that is no good......... Senator"

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 13th, 2019, 11:04 am

The_Honourable wrote:Not just overlooking queenpin's faults... some pnm on facebook was about to attack Ag. ACP Toteram Dookie and accuse him of being a UNC for arresting Marlene.

When the list of charges with the details became public, they get quiet and back off.
I can identify with them somewhat because I thinking the thing was a charade until the charges came to light, and saw the charges ain't no fly by night ones.
Things got real!

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 13th, 2019, 11:05 am

hydroep wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:I think her supporters refuse to see the important thing here.... according to some of them.. she always had her office door open for them.. she would always help the community... BUT isn't that your representative SUPPOSED TO DO- its their job-duhhh!

That's the dependency syndrome for you. Check out the stories on Al Capone. To his supporters he was generous and in return was granted their loyalty (and protection)...for life. After all, if yuh cyar make fuh yourself and no one else eh helping, yuh really not going to bite the hand that feeds you.

It's just another head of the 'gimmie gimmie' monster where beneficiaries are willing to ignore their overlord's faults so long as they're taken care of...:|
She was a good girl? Is that what was she was to them?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 13th, 2019, 11:12 am

buh dise jes d way ppl who around criminals behave when they befitting too , oh he was a good boy or he was a good man to them , helping them with minor crumbs while destroying them at d same time , same cry u hear about throughout history from those around d most ruthless criminals & politicians local & international ...

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 13th, 2019, 11:18 am

Ben_spanna wrote:In every other country in the world a majority of the time any politician has their skeletons released from the closet they do the right thing and they resign.
Trinidad must be the only place where politicians are wrong and strong and do as they fvuk well please. Says a lot about the people in charge of this nasty country.
My ideal is the higher up in society u achieve, the more accountible ur should be, and the less leniency u should get. As the saying goes, know better do better.

That said, I agree with Redman in that, if he has learnt a lesson, it was a one time occurance, he paid his dues, it should not limit him further.

But he would have to have a track record of such. But being a senator already, that in itself would have meant he behaviour was improved.

But it wasn't those that chastised him that removed him, it was Rowley who blank him.

Rowley alone knows why he did it.

The main problem we have, is that penalty against simonette was swift, harsh, and we are not accustomed to justice like that.
Because we have plenty people in high position, doing far worse and not even suffering any backlash,, actually thriving.

Action against simonette was somewhat disproportionate and uncharacteristically swift.

We need a more standardized way of determining who is fit fir what, and not letting things be the sole custody of individual personalities

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 13th, 2019, 11:42 am

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » August 13th, 2019, 11:43 am

and yet somehow theres still no justice for the thousands of Ex-petrotrin people who lost their jobs because of someones best friend who supposedly had some kinda fake something... but say wha….

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » August 13th, 2019, 11:51 am

Redman wrote:
DTAC wrote:
Redman wrote:

A- its relevance,

That's a very high bar.

Would you be so hard if Simonette was forced to drive because his designated driver had a heart attack on the road?

What is germaine is whether we cool continue to crucify people for issues that many would view as minor

You are full of shiet.

If his drunk onion head had caused an accident and killed someone, would you be so forgiving?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 13th, 2019, 12:54 pm

Redman wrote:
DTAC wrote:
Redman wrote:

A- its relevance,

That's a very high bar.

Don't drink and drive, it causes death all over the world. If your designated driver gets a heart attack, call the police ,ambulance something. Don't put other people lives at risk. Imagine ,God forbid, a drunk driver crash into your wife and son who you love so dearly, and kill them. There is no excuse for this. This is not casting aspersions on his character, I'm only addressing the drunk driving part. I believe he has changed, but why did Growlers relieve him of the appointment? why didn't they specify in the form, only serious matters.
Notice well that I'm only speaking about his judgement, not his transgression.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » August 13th, 2019, 1:12 pm

20190813_131154.jpeg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”