Forums

Sabga upset over facebook, tax-free online shopping

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Sabga upset over facebook, tax-free online shopping

Postby zoom rader » August 14th, 2019, 1:01 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:ya'll commentating on the first part of the article....while totally ignoring his follow up comment about Automating (the question we should be asking is which AI applications are playing a role in augmenting the journalistic process, and which are actually replacing journalists?) the current process, and then goes on to talk about their investments in Wind Power and other tech to reduce whatever footprint they're eating up?

Sheep. lol.

Somebody lend me a Biography of the man fadda dey...clearly his ways are winning...

*borrows previously submitted gif...

Their wind power investments in Costa Rica has nothing to do with TT Citizens
That's their bussines and good luck to them and their shareholders.

These scum should not be dictating how we live our lifes or controllig the present goverment

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » August 14th, 2019, 1:09 pm

Les Bain wrote:At this rate, Sabga should aggressively promote communism then commission a dome to seal Trinidad off from the rest of the world.

You mean turn Trinidad into Venezuela? Already under way bro.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 14th, 2019, 1:16 pm

eliteauto wrote:
MG Man wrote:GML is primarily what....radio and newspapers.....he vex because his dying platforms are losing out to the global shift in consumer behaviour?
Why pay TT$250 for a radio spot where you have no clue how many people hear it, and no clue how many of those are in your target demographic?
He should look at trinituner,com as an example of how to survive....I can run a banner ad here, and get very detailed stats on my target audience. I can tailor my ads to rotate all throughout the day, and I know my cost per click
He vex because his scores of Lok-Jack EMBA in Innovation managers can't innovate?

How big of a hammer you have to hit so many heads at the same time? You're correct the market shift is to digital content that has measurable metrics, then again marketing managers are still able to convince Trinis to invest in billboards based on the metric of passing vehicles even though the occupants are either focused on the road or their phones.

I agree. They would do better to support and promote local digital media, like podcasts named "Let's Talk About it" on the same facebook, but also on youtube and available for download on your favourite podcast platform.... hypothetically speaking....

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 14th, 2019, 5:06 pm

maj. tom wrote:Businesses are always going to have to be dynamic based on the technology available to get products to consumers. Jeff Bezos should have sat his ass in a bookstore and cried like these Sabgas right? Fred Smith (FedEx) should have just stuck to the norm at the time and let ships carry their mail every 2 weeks right? Instead of investing and buying airplanes and technology and giving the world overnight shipping.

btw imposing the skybox online tax did what exactly? Nothing but cost the consumers more. They didn't stop or reduce purchases and force people to buy locally. It's just now more of a pain in the ass.

Elite class who don't want to adapt to changing times and technology and maintain that middle-class gap. Make sure the gap continues to exist while crying about losing jobs and taxes and other scapegoat excuses. Why don't they actually create a viable platform to compete with what the world is offering instead of complaining? If it were up to them alone, Trinidad would still be transporting sugar cane on donkey carts and Sabga would own all the carts and donkeys.

Because of our local businessmen who are mainly crooks and criminals, I will continue to buy my items on Amazon.

When I had an issue with a Samsung TV and it was under 3 year PAID warranty, the TV blacked out with 8 months remaining on the warranty. Standards response was "we don't have the part to fix your TV, therefore we won't fix your TV because we don't have the part and therefore we will not compensate you in anyway shape or form so please f*ck off"

After that day I made sure to ALWAYS buy my items on Amazon.
Couple years after I bought a expensive gaming monitor from Amazon, it died shortly after, first time in my life I got an item that was faulty from Amazon, sent them a recorded video of the monitor not turning on and my warranty etc and how expensive it would be for me to ship the item back to have it fixed but I would be willing to do it.

Amazon sent me a brand new monitor free of charge and didn't request the old one.

So I will say it again I will NEVER buy from these nasty crooks locally, I don't care how much it costs me extra to buy from Amazon, I will give them my business.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » August 14th, 2019, 5:20 pm

eliteauto wrote:How big of a hammer you have to hit so many heads at the same time? You're correct the market shift is to digital content that has measurable metrics, then again marketing managers are still able to convince Trinis to invest in billboards based on the metric of passing vehicles even though the occupants are either focused on the road or their phones.

The new billboard on the multi-level carpark off Wrightston Road is especially hilarious because a car's A-pillar blocks it at every possible angle of approach along that road.

Average
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Average » August 14th, 2019, 5:20 pm

A Sabga has a problem?

This has to be an anomaly in the system.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 14th, 2019, 5:33 pm

Sabga getting licks left, right and centre about his comments both on Tuner and on FB.

Those FB comments are brutal.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 14th, 2019, 5:36 pm

Like that matter. Come next budget and the esteemed Minister of Finance will pull a next tax trick on behalf of said elite. Like allyuh forget the skybox online tax?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 14th, 2019, 5:40 pm

maj. tom wrote:btw imposing the skybox online tax did what exactly? Nothing but cost the consumers more. They didn't stop or reduce purchases and force people to buy locally. It's just now more of a pain in the ass.

maj. tom wrote:Like that matter. Come next budget and the esteemed Minister of Finance will pull a next tax trick on behalf of said elite. Like allyuh forget the skybox online tax?

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » August 14th, 2019, 5:50 pm

Yeah I think allyuh seem to miss the bigger picture here. Facebook operates digitally through our country and has zero human resource or monitary investments in T&T It's really easy to talk about things without understanding the dynamics and the volume of people who will be directly affected by what's is happening here.
TV and radio stations newspapers pay their bills via advertisement dollars even if zoom saying they don't pay their workers properly the workers are the ones who are also agreeing with Sabga as they understand that fewer ad dollars means a risk of no salary increase or even a lay off. We talking about people whose career it is to be journalists/radio presenters who will now have to literally switch professions if this nich is sapped.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 14th, 2019, 5:55 pm

ah, yes, the old
'ah is a greedy ol' fart and ah want I alone runnin dis lil mud patch, and I eh have no desire to keep up with the times and ah eh want no blasted competitors and ah want ALL d morney, so anybody buying anything anywhere on dis lil mud patch MUST gimme d morney, no mind dat what ah sellin eh worth buying'
mentality rears its inbred head yet again.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 14th, 2019, 5:59 pm

This is happening all over. The New York Times and the NY Daily news sent home a bunch of reporters and editors this year due to digital competition. The Guardian does have a digital arm but it is not being run properly.

boxy wrote:Yeah I think allyuh seem to miss the bigger picture here. Facebook operates digitally through our country and has zero human resource or monitary investments in T&T It's really easy to talk about things without understanding the dynamics and the volume of people who will be directly affected by what's is happening here.
TV and radio stations newspapers pay their bills via advertisement dollars even if zoom saying they don't pay their workers properly the workers are the ones who are also agreeing with Sabga as they understand that fewer ad dollars means a risk of no salary increase or even a lay off. We talking about people whose career it is to be journalists/radio presenters who will now have to literally switch professions if this nich is sapped.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » August 14th, 2019, 6:27 pm

The problem with the "we employ people" angle is that everyone knows once technology reaches the stage where
businessmen like Sabga can replace workers they will. At that point it's no longer about the employees' welfare but
efficiency. The extent of his caring for those on the breadline will be severance as dictated by law and perhaps some token counseling.

As an example, several foreign media houses have been experimenting with virtual presenters for a while now. When that tech matures what do you think will happen? Kamal, Akash, Judy and Seigonie go be selling doubles at Maracas bay and Sabga go be laughing all the way to the bank...:|

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 14th, 2019, 6:33 pm

All hail Sabga

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 14th, 2019, 7:06 pm

dogg wrote:He's right though.

As someone in the communications field, I see first hand how devastating digital advertising is to traditional media.

Newspapers, Radio stations, printers, ad agencies and the like have been decimated in TT
Worldwide. Adapt or die.

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » August 14th, 2019, 7:12 pm

Sabga is a liar and bam bam

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 14th, 2019, 9:06 pm

88sins wrote:ah, yes, the old
'ah is a greedy ol' fart and ah want I alone runnin dis lil mud patch, and I eh have no desire to keep up with the times and ah eh want no blasted competitors and ah want ALL d morney, so anybody buying anything anywhere on dis lil mud patch MUST gimme d morney, no mind dat what ah sellin eh worth buying'
Man make 300 million profit in 6mnts and complaining.

He buys some wind power farm in Costa Rica and wants us to care about his private buy.

These people are leeches

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 14th, 2019, 9:13 pm

That's called ticking your own environmental checkbox lol

I like how they buyout coors to kill the competition

zoom rader wrote:

He buys some wind power farm in Costa Rica and wants us to care about his private buy.

These people are leeches

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » August 14th, 2019, 11:08 pm

doh agree with the tax thing. every year budget have tax-free incentives for creative industries. I consider facebook, youtube, as much a tool as the production equipment.

that said, the current situation is that the TT$ is being subsidized by the central bank. The difference between the official exchange rate (6.8 to 1) and the "real" market worth of a TT$ (say 8 to 1), is being met by the central bank injecting our (shrinking) foreign exchange reserves to meet demand.

That cannot go on forever. At some point, a facebook ad campaign at $1,000 US$ has to reflect the real value of that amount of foreign exchange.

Whether that happens by a broader devaluation or a differential tax rate on certain activities (6.8 plus a 18% tax is 8:1) , is up to the next government.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 15th, 2019, 12:31 am

I want to know exactly how much forex these self proclaimed "1%" owned businesses bring in by way of their product exports and pay as taxes in actual USD, considering that it's a pretty safe assumption to say that they are at the top tier when it comes to local demand and foreign exchange expenditure. I betting is dangerously close to nil.
The way I see it, say if annually you spending 300 million USD to import materials for the manufacturing of a finished product that will then be marketed both locally and abroad earning you foreign currency, then you should be made to pay a tax in the export markets currency, a percentage of those profits on those export sales in foreign exchange as a means of putting back into the national reserves. if you making forex off local reserve supply, then putting a little something back shouldn't be that unthinkable or unbearable.

but I know dem bastards eh having that at all with their' all is mines' mentality, and their minions in politics too gutless and dotish to think about implementing something like that.

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » August 15th, 2019, 3:04 am

Sabga is such a crybaby :poke:

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 15th, 2019, 6:28 am

I seriously doubt they would have their foreign buyers send USD to a local bank USD account.

As you say they would balance it carefully to show just a very minor positive balance to please impsbert
and show that they almost never have enough forex so always need more.

88sins wrote:I want to know exactly how much forex these self proclaimed "1%" owned businesses bring in by way of their product exports and pay as taxes in actual USD, considering that it's a pretty safe assumption to say that they are at the top tier when it comes to local demand and foreign exchange expenditure. I betting is dangerously close to nil.
The way I see it, say if annually you spending 300 million USD to import materials for the manufacturing of a finished product that will then be marketed both locally and abroad earning you foreign currency, then you should be made to pay a tax in the export markets currency, a percentage of those profits on those export sales in foreign exchange as a means of putting back into the national reserves. if you making forex off local reserve supply, then putting a little something back shouldn't be that unthinkable or unbearable.

but I know dem bastards eh having that at all with their' all is mines' mentality, and their minions in politics too gutless and dotish to think about implementing something like that.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 15th, 2019, 6:51 am

I know they'd never keep that in a local bank. they wouldn't want any local knowing about that at all, especially the minions. they go definitely want some.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » August 15th, 2019, 7:10 am

pugboy wrote:That's called ticking your own environmental checkbox lol

I like how they buyout coors to kill the competition

zoom rader wrote:

These people are leeches

Coors- beer
Penta, Berger, etc-PAints
Ice cream
Pharmacy- still on going

what else???

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 15th, 2019, 7:16 am

88sins wrote:I know they'd never keep that in a local bank. they wouldn't want any local knowing about that at all, especially the minions. they go definitely want some.

Normally they will set up a dummy company in some tax free country like Cayman Islands. All their US profits will go there then they will they milk the TT forex.

They deal in US but pay you in TT at the same time tell their employees things hard and be thankfull you have a job

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » August 15th, 2019, 7:20 am

He going and bust up de foreign used car market and private security company's in a timing.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » August 15th, 2019, 7:24 am

vaiostation wrote:He going and bust up de foreign used car market and private security company's in a timing.

theres talk that infrastructure for "electric " cars will have to be go through ONE man...… :roll: so charging stations all around the country -one person/company will have the rights to......

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 15th, 2019, 7:27 am

charging station gonna require a license like a gas station ?

Ben_spanna wrote:
vaiostation wrote:He going and bust up de foreign used car market and private security company's in a timing.

theres talk that infrastructure for "electric " cars will have to be go through ONE man...… :roll: so charging stations all around the country -one person/company will have the rights to......

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » August 15th, 2019, 7:30 am

Similar thing gonna happen when they decriminalize weed. Only certain people gonna have de rights to harvest and export it. Them Syrians in doma start to dribble already...

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 15th, 2019, 9:34 am

Can't he just pull himself up by the bootstraps?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”