Forums

Insurance Issue

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Ryan123
Street 2NR

Insurance Issue

Postby Ryan123 » September 3rd, 2019, 11:02 am

Just wanted to share this because of the injustice in this world.

P.S Didn't use real names (Uppercase Insurance) is in place for the other drivers' insurance company

In February I had been involved in a vehicular accident at the intersection of Maraval Parkway and Audrey Jeffers Highway around 6 A.M, I was waiting on the westbound lane for the light to change to proceed right onto Maraval Parkway, got my green (which is the last green on the cycle, eastbound light stands red for people crossing from Movie Towne, Maraval Parkway and then Audrey Jeffers) and made my right turn, before reaching onto Maraval Parkway there was a loud bang and my car started to spin, when I came to a stop I saw a wrecked Tiida with deployed airbags facing my driver side, there was a woman in the passenger seat and 3 men already out of the car.

Disoriented I went over to check on the passenger in the car, the driver and another passenger were assisting her to exit the vehicle, one of the passengers came to me exclaiming “this driver crazy !! We screaming the light on red the light on red!! And he not stopping” the female passenger exclaimed the same. Thankfully everyone was okay enough to walk out of the vehicles. An off duty police officer and an EMT stopped to help. Many thanks to those guys for stopping to help. I hope the passengers and other drivers recovered fully as well.

At the scene I called my Insurance and Road Assist as well as the insurance assist company (who deployed from Monroe road after 6 am on a weekday to reach the accident scene, by the time they called me my car was already being towed and the passengers were already sent to the hospital) The driver was not the owner of the Tiida and was apparently working PH. Police arrived took statements and I left with the tow truck.

Later in the morning I went to St. James police station to make my report, I had asked the officer of the other party came in as yet, he said no. So I gave my report and left, a couple of days later I went to the Tiida owners insurance company “Uppercase” Insurance to file my claim. Months passed, they were waiting on the police report, so I went out of my way, got a little run around from the station, but eventually got a report and delivered it myself to “Uppercase” now the report is conflicting and does not have an account of the passengers, but it still states that the vehicle at fault is the Tiida.
Now “Uppercase” is saying I am 75% liable for the accident, I have had a lot of run around in the past few months I am out of a near mint condition vehicle that we have had from new, really at a loss of what to do now. Their client blatantly lying and they covering up for him, they had me running around while they were “waiting” on the police report and now they saying the report not always right.

Honestly, I believe insurance is a scam and I don’t know why we are forced to pay for services when we can’t get them to work for us when we need it the most

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Insurance Issue

Postby Dizzy28 » September 3rd, 2019, 11:11 am

Condolences bro....dont think I know anyone who has had a good experience trying to get a claim from Uppercase Insurance. Seems they exist to provide uninsurable people with insurance just so a box can be ticked and cars driven.

regone
Street 2NR

Postby regone » September 3rd, 2019, 11:12 am

Had a similar issue so i visited the Ombudsman office and made a report the matter was sorted within a few weeks.

https://www.ofso.org.tt/

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » September 3rd, 2019, 11:27 am

My father was in an accident with another driver, who apparently took the corner to wide and crashed into the side of my father's vehicle. My father called the police and they took the report.

Obviously the other driver claiming that he not wrong. So my father went to the police station where the report was taken, and got a copy of the document(usually takes 2 weeks), got all of his estimates, along with two witness statements and took everything to the other driver's insurance company, and that was the end of that. Got his check in a week...

cryotec
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cryotec » September 3rd, 2019, 11:48 am

so are they not paying because they think you are "75% liable" for the incident or ?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 3rd, 2019, 11:52 am

They are very good at delaying tactics
That 75% is just to make you contest it and give them more time
No idea how somebody could be partially wrong

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » September 3rd, 2019, 12:39 pm

Uppercase insured my first car, an honest beater.

The only problems I had for renewals was the transaction took really long. Tantie would retrieve the info from an ancient cabinet then proceed to type it up on an even older typewriter.

Then there was the time I went they POS office to do a renewal and it wasn't there. No notice or anything.

Only thing I miss was the fees was dirt cheap.

daron
Sweet on this forum

Postby daron » September 3rd, 2019, 5:49 pm

My girlfriend was in Accident other person was wrong dash cam recorded it, insurance run her around for 3 months all sourt of different options from the insurance company including her agent, told police report are just guidelines apparently there External adjustor had more say on everything, after I made a trend on tuner someone reach out to me & help sourt out getting vehicle fixed, they to out a no claim from the total amount paid out she waited 9 months for it after switched.

New company, her windshield got a crack made the required report to them etc got quotes from 3 suppliers
1 being original from firm which was over the windshield coverage she have so 2 other quote was below 1 $5500 other $3400 so she decided to with $3400 so she would have coverage remaining, to the the insurance objected say they have to inspect the 1 she chose & she have to write a letter say her choice, person who was dealing with her claims was apparently friends with the supplier they want to go with (his choice).
So yeah set of rip off you really need to think about what you tell them & try to get as much documentation from with every they say.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » September 3rd, 2019, 8:49 pm

Ombudsman office, supervisor of Insurance......lodge claim.....should be sorted correctly soon after. Been there, done that......and I'm am insurance agent too that they ( the banking Insurance company ) tried to rip off.....lol

Ryan123
Street 2NR

Postby Ryan123 » September 4th, 2019, 8:43 am

I will go to the insurance ombudsman office and lodge a claim then, sad thing is this guy broke a red light and never even got charged!! this place really backwards, thanks for the input guys.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 4th, 2019, 8:53 am

Also invest in a dash cam. Don't mention you have a dash cam until you're in the station and making the report so the other party will intentionally contradict the reality of what happened and show to the police that they are in the wrong. Make copies of the footage and backup on your Cloud service.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 4th, 2019, 12:28 pm

pugboy wrote:They are very good at delaying tactics
That 75% is just to make you contest it and give them more time
No idea how somebody could be partially wrong

Insurance concept called Contributory Negligence.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » September 4th, 2019, 3:45 pm

neva had a problem with callfire. they fite yuh case for yuh and payment in 2-3 weeks. i will neva change from them and this is my 5th car with them.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”