Firearms User License HELP

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: FUL wait times in 2019?

Postby zoom rader » September 21st, 2019, 12:46 pm

OP sometimes they invite you to apply and be successful. You bypass all the BS

Back in day (20yrs) Shotgun was easy to get once you had 5 arces of argi estate, the police retirement fund was 10k in those days.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » September 21st, 2019, 12:50 pm

amd-dude wrote:Can't seem to get a straight answer to this question. I know there was a long list before and now you have to re-apply and get the psychometric test done. Has this made a dent in wait times or is it still pretty much a few years and have to pass something to get it done sooner?

Asking cause these beyotches these days don't care and will kill you for $100. I have a wife and baby on the way and I rather take front before front take me.

Train abroad . It is easy .

Then apply .

You will get :wink:

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 21st, 2019, 4:25 pm

mero wrote:
88sins wrote:
88sins wrote:A firearm is simply a tool to be used for defense or attack. If you feel you need a weapon to defend yourself, even against an armed assailant, then you don't need and shouldn't have a firearm.

How does one go about defending themselves from an armed assailant without a weapon breds?

Yes I need a weapon to defend myself against an armed assailant

like yous a forking jedi or does pelt knife like john wick orrr?

Get the forking strap

:lol:
granted, these aspects of self defense ain't for everyone. but anyone can learn to defend themselves without a firearm in a close combat situation facing an armed assailant with a firearm.
a couple pointers.
get fit, and practice running as far as you can as fast as you can in a zigzag pattern. stay alert, and learn to spot a bandit a long way off. flight is the most widely used form of self defense, practiced by infants and the elderly, male and female, and every age or gender in between. learn to spot cover. cars, corners of buildings, walls, etc.
for those that a bit more combative, keep a knife on your person, and learn how and where to use it. doesn't need to be big, just needs to have a fixed blade, a fine strong sharp point, blade should be as close to 4" inches long as possible, and kept concealed but within easy reach and easy to pull out
and razor sharp at all times. Best to not use it for anything at all other than self defense.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » September 21st, 2019, 4:43 pm

MaxPower wrote:
TrinbagoMan wrote:
pugboy wrote:the local ful process follows a certain path

I know somebody who applied a while back,
when they came to check out his place and interview
they asked him about his need of gun etc
man say to protect himself and family

the sgt replied, "so what is the job of the police?"

OP, how would you continue that conversation ?

What aspects of your place do they consider when they come to visit?

well for one yuh cant invite them in no shack, not even if it AC.

And a 3 bedroom flats wont cut it either.

These people want to see mansions and greeted with champagne and refreshments.

Nope...not entirely true..

Many officers truly root for the applicants simply from positive interaction..and others don't care where you live as long as you can secure the gun well there..

At the appeals hearing I saw copies of three sets of recomendations by all officers I interacted with during the process on three occasions..and with a Laventille address..

I believe there are still real men in the service..

amd-dude
Sweet on this forum

Postby amd-dude » September 21st, 2019, 7:37 pm

mero wrote:
88sins wrote:op, nuttn for you bai. yuh just failed the maturity and responsibility part of the application process.

Is how allyuh know a man whole life story cuz of one post and could decide how mature he is to own a firearm lmao

Pretty much this...just asking a question and men saying I trigger happy and immature. Simply asking a question means that I itching to be strapped and can't wait to shoot someone? If I was unstable why would I ask about legally obtaining one?

I do attend self defense classes with major boodram and I do have a pocket knife on me for day to day use and God forbid self defense, don't hear about me on the news walking around stabbing people. Having said that, thanks to the guys who actually gave answers and I won't waste time to apply yet.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 21st, 2019, 8:17 pm

Op this is ole talk forum
Take the good with the bad

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » September 21st, 2019, 9:14 pm

88sins wrote:
granted, these aspects of self defense ain't for everyone. but anyone can learn to defend themselves without a firearm in a close combat situation facing an armed assailant with a firearm.
a couple pointers.
get fit, and practice running as far as you can as fast as you can in a zigzag pattern. stay alert, and learn to spot a bandit a long way off. flight is the most widely used form of self defense, practiced by infants and the elderly, male and female, and every age or gender in between. learn to spot cover. cars, corners of buildings, walls, etc.
for those that a bit more combative, keep a knife on your person, and learn how and where to use it. doesn't need to be big, just needs to have a fixed blade, a fine strong sharp point, blade should be as close to 4" inches long as possible, and kept concealed but within easy reach and easy to pull out
and razor sharp at all times. Best to not use it for anything at all other than self defense.

forgive my ignorance, but what exactly does a bandit look like?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 21st, 2019, 9:30 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:
88sins wrote:

a couple pointers.

They resemble the red and ready crew

Preventation is the best cure, secure your stuff when you see them

https://youtu.be/crebq50E9VY

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 22nd, 2019, 8:01 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
88sins wrote:
a couple pointers.

consult the nearest mirror :lol:
but seriously, approach it with the mindset that every living human within your immediate vicinity is a bandit. Then start looking for the typical signals. and a few not so typical ones. for example
Some of the typical signals are things like pants hanging half off their ass, and pay attention to HOW they wear their pants half dropping off pants. Persons that hanging around in a zone, looking all over the place and at everyone and staring at certain ppl briefly. look for ppl that appear generally cautious and uneasy, sort of out of place. Observe the ones that hovering around the area, always looking like they moving to go somewhere but for whatever reason can't leave the area. they mostly have the tendency avert their eyes if you catch them watching you in the distance, and some will turn around and go the other way.
it have plenty other openly visible signs to look for, and some things ppl do subconsciously.

but posting all dat here go take too much typing and I eh getting paid for this novel.

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » September 22nd, 2019, 9:26 am

88sins wrote:consult the nearest mirror :lol:
but seriously, approach it with the mindset that every living human within your immediate vicinity is a bandit. Then start looking for the typical signals. and a few not so typical ones. for example
Some of the typical signals are things like pants hanging half off their ass, and pay attention to HOW they wear their pants half dropping off pants. Persons that hanging around in a zone, looking all over the place and at everyone and staring at certain ppl briefly. look for ppl that appear generally cautious and uneasy, sort of out of place. Observe the ones that hovering around the area, always looking like they moving to go somewhere but for whatever reason can't leave the area. they mostly have the tendency avert their eyes if you catch them watching you in the distance, and some will turn around and go the other way.
it have plenty other openly visible signs to look for, and some things ppl do subconsciously.

but posting all dat here go take too much typing and I eh getting paid for this novel.

that statement in bold there is the main reason why I agree that everyone should not be a FUL holder.
An FUL holder imo should be cautious, observant, patient, decisive even but not preemptive. That's probably how this liquor mart owner on Bournes rd ended up killing that young fella and stuffed money on him to make it look justified.
But don't sweat, i'll go consult my mirror in a bit too.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » September 22nd, 2019, 9:39 am

88sins wrote:
mero wrote:
88sins wrote:
88sins wrote:A firearm is simply a tool to be used for defense or attack. If you feel you need a weapon to defend yourself, even against an armed assailant, then you don't need and shouldn't have a firearm.

How does one go about defending themselves from an armed assailant without a weapon breds?

Yes I need a weapon to defend myself against an armed assailant

like yous a forking jedi or does pelt knife like john wick orrr?

Get the forking strap

a couple pointers.
So men hadda go through all this bachanal to be deemed worthy to own a firearm?

Seems like you have your ideal robbery/invasion scenario planned out as to how YOU expect your prefect robbery to go down.

This ain't the movies bredz, this is real life. All this zig zag and knife in your pocket at all times not gonna prepare you for a few seconds of terror when someone invades your house or sneaks up you with your family and loved ones with a machine/pump and a cutlass man who looking like he love to chop..

Even the best martial artist say if you facing someone with a knife, you almost 100% guaranteed to get stabbed. Everyone ain't Steven Segal or Chuck Norris and it have no do overs or beg for mercy. And most of the time, bandits come in pairs or more.

Always good to be vigilant and be observant of your surroundings but most of the time bandits marking you way longer than you know.. And you just gonna make yourself paranoid and more susceptible to errors by trying to spot bandits "miles away" cuz they wearing saggy pants.

Get a strap, rinse yuh corn. Bandit fraid bullet too.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » September 22nd, 2019, 11:13 am

88 is correct,any and everything or anyone must be in your sights,you must look waay ahead and broader than everyone else,and you also have to constantly look for cover ,presentation and backstop options and be always ready,else you no better off with a gun,getting the FUL is the easy part lol..you also got to be wary of men on the phone playin dey walking and talking etc,and men in work uniforms and PPE dey does rock you to sleep rel good and become almost invisible if you not on your guard at all times,you have to coast on well dressed people too cause dey coming in all kinda ways now..

If you ain't ready to become a tusty tissic man watching what everyone else isn't don't bother to get a gun,else you may be reporting to police your gun was taken..And you need to be fit for real,your hands must be strong especially,and if they're good enough you may not have to run,like our gentle giant padna Mankee aka 'Machine Gun C@@lie' ..real popular cool and deadly guy in the FUL circles...dropped two pests at his tackle shop in woodbrook some years ago,fired 16,fifteen connected..his backstop was definitely in order lol..

So if you don't want your gun to be taken clearly you must be ready to engage bandits anywhere,either that or risk losing your gun too..

So when next you walking into that Chinese restaurant or grocery don't walk in happy go lucky,you gotta walk in like you walking in on a robbery in progress and that applies everywhere ,even returning home business,picking up people etc..

Plenty legal guns in the wrong hands out there too..its more than just having gun,it's a whole package if you wanna be effective...

Best of luck to all good guys and gals with guns..
Last edited by VII on September 22nd, 2019, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 22nd, 2019, 12:01 pm

that panda you speak of practiced and competed a lot back in the day

handling a firearm like anything else skill related requires a lot of self imposed training and discipline
mental and physical

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » September 22nd, 2019, 2:27 pm

pugboy wrote:that panda you speak of practiced and competed a lot back in the day

handling a firearm like anything else skill related requires a lot of self imposed training and discipline
mental and physical

And of course practice practice practice...muscle memory very important..smooth presentation must become second nature..

Yeah seen him many a Saturday,you knew when Mankee was around..

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » September 22nd, 2019, 2:34 pm

Who remember 'Doctor Kevorkian' on Dondonald st a few years ago..another cool customer in the FUL world...dropped two pests in his office corner Dundonald and one of them small lanes...great doctor too btw..

I gave him that name ..he laughed when I called him that.....lol.. :twisted:

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » September 22nd, 2019, 2:54 pm

VII wrote:
rspann wrote:Op, Rat from John John have 9's ,AR's AK's anything to need. No bribes, no waiting list. You can buy right away. Call him 225 4532. Walk with cash.

EveryCyat and dog too..

Fixed.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 22nd, 2019, 4:43 pm

One set ah rubber talk.

100k to the police retirement fund and FUL in your pocket

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » September 22nd, 2019, 6:18 pm

I wonder if they visit and see is a man living in one of the govt apartments in embacadere , if he will get FUL .

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » December 3rd, 2019, 2:29 pm

bump - as another tuner mentioned FUL ownership in a thread...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 3rd, 2019, 3:01 pm

Ppl getting thru
If you go stra weeknights is like a big party lime

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » December 3rd, 2019, 5:54 pm

Address doh matter. I know a guy from Pashley St (lower) who get it without bribe. And there is the capital of laventiille.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » December 3rd, 2019, 7:15 pm

rspann wrote:Address doh matter. I know a guy from Pashley St (lower) who get it without bribe. And there is the capital of laventiille.

Shhhh and it have a few more dey and everyone knows dem....grocery, garage...ole police etc..

Yuh must know de garage...

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » December 3rd, 2019, 8:43 pm

zoom rader wrote:One set ah rubber talk.

The 100k retirement fund donation is only applicable to sufferers like you

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 3rd, 2019, 9:01 pm

randolphinshan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:One set ah rubber talk.

The 100k retirement fund donation is only applicable to sufferers like you
Never paid nor will I ever

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » December 12th, 2019, 9:03 pm

Buh Gary leggoin ting !

The state­ment added: "Com­mis­sion­er Grif­fith wish­es to again clar­i­fy that the Firearms Sec­tion and the Of­fice of Com­mis­sion­er of Po­lice ad­here to a strict process for ap­prov­ing and is­su­ing FULs. Where­as, for the pe­ri­od Au­gust 2017 to Ju­ly 2018, ap­prox­i­mate­ly 423 ap­pli­ca­tions were ap­proved, be­tween the pe­ri­od Au­gust 2018 to present 1887 FUL ap­pli­ca­tions have been ap­proved. There are still sev­er­al hun­dreds out­stand­ing, how­ev­er, the process to eval­u­ate ap­pli­ca­tions re­mains a pri­or­i­ty and is on­go­ing."

Sounds about right,in 1999 when a certain fella one was approved it was less than 400. for the year ..FUL # consists of year issued and number for the year...de fella get he own in December 99 and # was a low 300 and sumtin/1999.. 1999..Gary has already gone to new levels never seen before in FUL approvals..

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/cop-don ... irculation

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 12th, 2019, 9:23 pm

Last time he say it was thousands outstanding, now he saying several hundreds.
The maths not adding up unless he reject plenty.

there are descrepancies with the local station handling as well.
I know persons who got the local station interview/site visit within a month of application
And others who applied same time haven’t been contacted at all.
Many of them local station cops just pushing paper and not doing their wuk.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » December 12th, 2019, 9:43 pm

pugboy wrote:Last time he say it was thousands outstanding, now he saying several hundreds.

I know persons who got the local station interview/site visit within a month of application

All depends on how quickly they process your application to have it sent to the station. Sometimes it gets misplaced and unless you keep going in to check it may never show up, happened to me. Once it does reach site visit stage make sure and ask the investigating station sergeant for your file number so you could keep tracking its progress. Without it it's a lot harder

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 12th, 2019, 9:51 pm

Yuh implying fishiness eh

alfa wrote:
pugboy wrote:Last time he say it was thousands outstanding, now he saying several hundreds.

All depends on how quickly they process your application to have it sent to the station. Sometimes it gets misplaced and unless you keep going in to check it may never show up, happened to me. Once it does reach site visit stage make sure and ask the investigating station sergeant for your file number so you could keep tracking its progress. Without it it's a lot harder

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » December 13th, 2019, 2:59 am

So why the COP dont investigate who are the police officers taking bribes .
Guess he don't want to find out how many of his right hand corrupted

https://guardian.co.tt/news/cop-dont-pa ... 7cb9045600

Po­lice Com­mis­sion­er Gary Grif­fith is ad­vis­ing per­sons against pay­ing any­one in­clud­ing po­lice of­fi­cers to se­cure a Firearm User’s Li­cense (FUL) say­ing that this will not in any way as­sist in fast-track­ing their ap­pli­ca­tion.

"It has been brought to the at­ten­tion of Com­mis­sion­er Grif­fith, that there are nu­mer­ous peo­ple claim­ing to know cer­tain se­nior po­lice of­fi­cers, who have made promis­es to as­sist them in se­cur­ing their FULs'" a state­ment by the Po­lice Ser­vice said to­day.

The CoP says there are those who have been claim­ing to have ‘good’ links in the FUL De­part­ment of the TTPS or links with se­nior of­fi­cers.

The state­ment added: "Com­mis­sion­er Grif­fith wish­es to again clar­i­fy that the Firearms Sec­tion and the Of­fice of Com­mis­sion­er of Po­lice ad­here to a strict process for ap­prov­ing and is­su­ing FULs. Where­as, for the pe­ri­od Au­gust 2017 to Ju­ly 2018, ap­prox­i­mate­ly 423 ap­pli­ca­tions were ap­proved, be­tween the pe­ri­od Au­gust 2018 to present 1887 FUL ap­pli­ca­tions have been ap­proved. There are still sev­er­al hun­dreds out­stand­ing, how­ev­er, the process to eval­u­ate ap­pli­ca­tions re­mains a pri­or­i­ty and is on­go­ing."

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 13th, 2019, 4:52 am

hong kong phooey wrote:So why the COP dont investigate who are the police officers taking bribes .
Guess he don't want to find out how many of his right hand corrupted

https://guardian.co.tt/news/cop-dont-pa ... 7cb9045600

Po­lice Com­mis­sion­er Gary Grif­fith is ad­vis­ing per­sons against pay­ing any­one in­clud­ing po­lice of­fi­cers to se­cure a Firearm User’s Li­cense (FUL) say­ing that this will not in any way as­sist in fast-track­ing their ap­pli­ca­tion.

"It has been brought to the at­ten­tion of Com­mis­sion­er Grif­fith, that there are nu­mer­ous peo­ple claim­ing to know cer­tain se­nior po­lice of­fi­cers, who have made promis­es to as­sist them in se­cur­ing their FULs'" a state­ment by the Po­lice Ser­vice said to­day.

The CoP says there are those who have been claim­ing to have ‘good’ links in the FUL De­part­ment of the TTPS or links with se­nior of­fi­cers.

what about if the CoP just talking and he actually taking piece on the side.........shrugs shoulders

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”