Forums

Pressure Washer Problem

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

joe_d_boss
3NE 2NR for life

Pressure Washer Problem

Postby joe_d_boss » September 24th, 2019, 8:28 am

I have a 2500 PSI gas pressure washer that I bought from PriceSmart some time ago. When the wand trigger is not depressed it is still shooting a lot of water. Even if the pressure washer isn't running but water is running through it from the water source hose, the wand just leaks quite a bit of water. What could be causing this? Does the wand need to be replaced or can I try to fix this myself?

Gosh boy, dis ting is pressha!!!

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Pressure Washer Problem

Postby hydroep » September 24th, 2019, 8:54 am

Had an electric Neuhaus washer from PM and it was normal for water to run through the wand when it was off — once you pressed the trigger. If that's happening and the trigger isn't depressed then it could be faulty.

Mine was of a non-serviceable design and started leaking from its plastic seams (even while the unit was off) after all of 10 hours non-continuous use...:|

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 24th, 2019, 11:02 am

small problem, most likely a worn seal at the trigger plunger.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 24th, 2019, 12:09 pm

Common problem with many pressure washers using a weak plastic manifold which aggregates the pressure pulses from the individual plungers, it takes plenty jamming and if the pressure sensing switch to turn off when trigger is released doesn't happen fast enough then manifold gets higher than normal psi during that split second before it switches off.

Happened to me twice with the karcher follow me.

Second time was able to get the part online for $40usd instead of half price of a new unit from hadden.

hydroep wrote:Had an electric Neuhaus washer from PM and it was normal for water to run through the wand when it was off — once you pressed the trigger. If that's happening and the trigger isn't depressed then it could be faulty.

Mine was of a non-serviceable design and started leaking from its plastic seams (even while the unit was off) after all of 10 hours non-continuous use...:|

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » September 24th, 2019, 1:33 pm

Having been around and owning several domestic and commercial pressure washer. The culprit is most probably a poor gun design or worn seals in the gun.

Personally I have repaired most parts of a pressure washer. However when it comes to the trigger mechanism, the gun should be changed. You don't want a stream of 2400 psi or more of water cutting a hole in your hand or removing a significant amount of skin from a finger. I have seen what 3000 pis can do and its quite significant damage

10 hours of continuous uses is a bit much for a pressure that you described, as it does not seem to be a semi commercial or commercial machine.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » September 24th, 2019, 6:49 pm

Replace gun, problem solved.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » September 24th, 2019, 6:54 pm

Wasa officials have entered the chat...lol

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 25th, 2019, 6:45 am

using a pressure better though
they dont use nowhere near as much water as an open hose

aaron17 wrote:Wasa officials have entered the chat...lol

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » September 25th, 2019, 7:34 am

pugboy wrote:using a pressure better though
they dont use nowhere near as much water as an open hose

aaron17 wrote:Wasa officials have entered the chat...lol
This is what most peeople dont realize

joe_d_boss
3NE 2NR for life

Postby joe_d_boss » September 27th, 2019, 6:35 am

Well it looks like I will just have to purchase a new gun. I never used it that much though.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » September 27th, 2019, 6:41 am

joe_d_boss wrote:I have a 2500 PSI gas pressure washer that I bought from PriceSmart some time ago. When the wand trigger is not depressed it is still shooting a lot of water. Even if the pressure washer isn't running but water is running through it from the water source hose, the wand just leaks quite a bit of water. What could be causing this? Does the wand need to be replaced or can I try to fix this myself?

Gosh boy, dis ting is pressha!!!
Same issue with me and this pricesmart pressure washer...
Water leaking thru the wand...pressure washer not cutting off...so most likely its the wand?

Could Any wand work or would I need the same exact one

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 27th, 2019, 7:16 am

better go by a wacker shop, them fellas fix a lot of them and you can ask them anything
they usually dont have much to say about the pricesmart machines and the commondog electric ones

joe_d_boss
3NE 2NR for life

Postby joe_d_boss » September 27th, 2019, 7:43 am

*$kїđž!™ wrote:Same issue with me and this pricesmart pressure washer...
Water leaking thru the wand...pressure washer not cutting off...so most likely its the wand?

Could Any wand work or would I need the same exact one

I spoke to one of my friends who had the same problem, and he said he changed the gun, and that fixed the problem. He bought his at Hadden & Co. Technically speaking, the wand is the metal extension that attaches to the gun. Ensure that the new gun is compatible with the pressure washer in terms of PSI and GSM. I have the A-Ipower 2700 PSI pressure washer. Look up the manual for your pressure washer for details.

I am looking at this one on Amazon which I believe is proper fit and quality:
https://www.amazon.com/Apache-99023802- ... way&sr=8-1

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”