TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TSTT billing system problems

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 251
Joined: January 12th, 2017, 1:47 am

TSTT billing system problems

Postby 2ndchance » September 25th, 2019, 7:47 pm

Is anyone experiencing problems with TSTT bill balance queries within the last 3 months or so? Like being told they can not access your balance or when given a balance, it has not changed since June or is less than what you're normally billed each month? I haven't received a bill since June and can't seem to get a correct balance when I call TSTT.

Advertisement
User avatar
Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 15276
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 8:07 am
Location: playing with above and below
Contact:

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby Dave » September 25th, 2019, 8:01 pm

Yup all of the above

bluefete
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6829
Joined: November 12th, 2008, 10:56 pm
Location: POS

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby bluefete » September 25th, 2019, 8:01 pm

I did not get a bill for 3 months (April-June) and totally forgot about it (out of sight / out of mind business).

I was luck they did not cut my bill.

I think TSTT is doing some kind of work on their billing system.

That thing with balance queries has NEVER worked for me. I get the same message as you "cannot access".

Best thing is to go to one of their "private" outlets and get your balance.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 251
Joined: January 12th, 2017, 1:47 am

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby 2ndchance » September 25th, 2019, 8:25 pm

bluefete wrote:I did not get a bill for 3 months (April-June) and totally forgot about it (out of sight / out of mind business).

I was luck they did not cut my bill.

I think TSTT is doing some kind of work on their billing system.

That thing with balance queries has NEVER worked for me. I get the same message as you "cannot access".

Best thing is to go to one of their "private" outlets and get your balance.


"Private" outlets as in one of those dealer stores? Since TSTT closed their service centres, are these the only places that a customer could visit to get help? I figured speaking with a TSTT employee would be better but I may have to visit a dealer.

User avatar
The_Honourable
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5291
Joined: June 14th, 2009, 3:45 pm
Location: Land of Stupidity and Corruption

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby The_Honourable » September 25th, 2019, 8:36 pm

Online billing have issues also. Pdfs stopped generating in June, and earlier this month I had trouble signing in.

I called TSTT last week, they acknowledged having issues with their billing system and are working on it.

User avatar
hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5021
Joined: February 4th, 2007, 9:16 pm

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby hydroep » September 25th, 2019, 9:08 pm

Yup, problems since April. Contacted them with respect to the online service a couple of times and they cannot say when it will be operational. The CSRs apparently have been instructed to give the same canned response to any enquiries:

"I do apologize but we are experiencing technical difficulties with the system at this time".

Ah go hit dem dat the next time they call peddling any of their services...:|

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 251
Joined: January 12th, 2017, 1:47 am

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby 2ndchance » September 25th, 2019, 9:44 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Online billing have issues also. Pdfs stopped generating in June....


I’ve noticed the same. The bill available in the b-online system is the June bill which is also the last bill that I’ve received by regular mail.

User avatar
88sins
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6239
Joined: July 22nd, 2007, 3:03 pm
Location: Corner of Everywhere Avenue & Nowhere Drive

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby 88sins » September 26th, 2019, 9:36 am

They doing "upgrades" since June, so there is an issue with their billing system. Everybody balance for now will read $00.00.
they not now having issues btw.

Earlier in this year they sent me a bill for a about $8500 for internet service and equipment rental related to said service for a year. When I called to query, they hit me the usual pay it & we will investigate it after bs



thing is though I get my internet from flow, never had tstt internet service before & still eh want it now. only my land line is tstt.
so guess who eh getting what they think I owe them

User avatar
maj. tom
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6399
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: watching for Pigs on the Wing.

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby maj. tom » September 26th, 2019, 9:45 am

TSTT mc!!!

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10898
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby Dizzy28 » September 26th, 2019, 9:48 am

The_Honourable wrote:Online billing have issues also. Pdfs stopped generating in June, and earlier this month I had trouble signing in.

I called TSTT last week, they acknowledged having issues with their billing system and are working on it.


I receive a bill every month from the bmobil online billing system even though I have no service with them since 2014.

originalbling
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 470
Joined: September 27th, 2004, 10:26 am
Contact:

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby originalbling » September 26th, 2019, 10:31 am

Last residential online bill was March. Mobile billing is update however.
I called a few months ago to query the billing issue, this was after they were doing upgrades earlier in the year, they said they will have it fixed. Still nothing

They do send pdf's of the residential bills monthly via email, so I pay that figure online.

User avatar
88sins
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6239
Joined: July 22nd, 2007, 3:03 pm
Location: Corner of Everywhere Avenue & Nowhere Drive

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby 88sins » September 26th, 2019, 12:28 pm

originalbling wrote:Last residential online bill was March. Mobile billing is update however.
I called a few months ago to query the billing issue, this was after they were doing upgrades earlier in the year, they said they will have it fixed. Still nothing

They do send pdf's of the residential bills monthly via email, so I pay that figure online.

I am yet to receive any such pdf of monthly billing via email, so I can only surmise they don't want my money.

originalbling
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 470
Joined: September 27th, 2004, 10:26 am
Contact:

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby originalbling » September 26th, 2019, 1:48 pm

now checking back, its only July and Aug I got emailed bills for, nothing for Sept yet.

Its strange that the mobile billing is being updated online as normal though so i figure maybe not all accounts are affected.

bluefete
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6829
Joined: November 12th, 2008, 10:56 pm
Location: POS

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby bluefete » September 26th, 2019, 4:51 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:Online billing have issues also. Pdfs stopped generating in June, and earlier this month I had trouble signing in.

I called TSTT last week, they acknowledged having issues with their billing system and are working on it.


I receive a bill every month from the bmobil online billing system even though I have no service with them since 2014.


They comes like RBC. Every 6 months I get a bank statement for a customer who moved out 25 years ago.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 251
Joined: January 12th, 2017, 1:47 am

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby 2ndchance » September 28th, 2019, 2:28 am

So I called TSTT again yesterday and got some help and more info. Told the agent that when I log in to b-online, just the June bill is available for download. She did some kind of refresh and I got a July bill which has significantly lower charges than my regular monthly bills. She also gave me a balance which she said does not reflect the amounts due for August and September since those bills have not been generated as yet.

Asked when the billing system upgrade would be completed, she couldn’t say. Asked if it would help to come in to TSTT and speak with someone. She said that if I wanted to do that I would need to visit one of their dealers but the persons there would see the same things that she is seeing on her system. Asked about possible disconnection. She said as long as my balance shows that I am in credit and no new bill is generated which changes that, I should not be disconnected.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7584
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby redmanjp » September 29th, 2019, 7:56 pm

there were times when my internet (blink on the go) bill was like $340 even though it's a flat $291. a lot of times I don't get the bill in time when I'm paying and the agent tells me well maybe i have arrears so i paid it. but from what is going on i wonder if i was overcharged

User avatar
carluva
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 979
Joined: October 3rd, 2005, 2:03 pm
Location: Down in the homeland

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby carluva » September 29th, 2019, 9:09 pm

Same problems here. What I was told is that they are migrating to the new wireless system so billing is not available until migration is complete.

Just wait until you get the new Huawei modem for your land line. You'll be disappointed. I've had mines three weeks now and the line has been unavailable for more than 50% of the time. Currently, it is down and waiting tech service.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 251
Joined: January 12th, 2017, 1:47 am

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby 2ndchance » September 29th, 2019, 9:50 pm

carluva wrote:Same problems here. What I was told is that they are migrating to the new wireless system so billing is not available until migration is complete.

Just wait until you get the new Huawei modem for your land line. You'll be disappointed. I've had mines three weeks now and the line has been unavailable for more than 50% of the time. Currently, it is down and waiting tech service.


What’s the new wireless system about? I think I read somewhere that TSTT was planning to get rid of copper lines. They’re using wireless to achieve this? So the Huawei modem is connecting to TSTT’s network via a wireless connection?

User avatar
wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 13207
Joined: May 18th, 2004, 9:38 am
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.
Contact:

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby wagonrunner » September 29th, 2019, 10:35 pm

2ndchance wrote:What’s the new wireless system about? I think I read somewhere that TSTT was planning to get rid of copper lines. They’re using wireless to achieve this? So the Huawei modem is connecting to TSTT’s network via a wireless connection?

So there was a system that required only copper lines.
In the event of a power outage (emergency) it would still work.
But it is claimed to have a maximum of 5Mb over hte lines, even though the same system boasted a 300Mb DSL service over those same lines

ALL copper lines were left where there are, and a Huawei GSM Wireless router was installed FOR LAND LINE PHONES.
So previously where you could be without power and still use the landline now requires a UPS.

The GSM Wireless device can supply data and television signal service. They're hoping the device is already there, so you will switch to them.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 251
Joined: January 12th, 2017, 1:47 am

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby 2ndchance » September 30th, 2019, 12:00 am

wagonrunner wrote:So there was a system that required only copper lines.
In the event of a power outage (emergency) it would still work.
But it is claimed to have a maximum of 5Mb over hte lines, even though the same system boasted a 300Mb DSL service over those same lines

ALL copper lines were left where there are, and a Huawei GSM Wireless router was installed FOR LAND LINE PHONES.
So previously where you could be without power and still use the landline now requires a UPS.

The GSM Wireless device can supply data and television signal service. They're hoping the device is already there, so you will switch to them.


Wow! Had no idea they were doing this. Anyone know the model number of this modem?

cryotec
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 195
Joined: August 21st, 2017, 12:49 am

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby cryotec » September 30th, 2019, 11:54 am

the modem takes a sim and attaches to their 3G/LTE network so it is no different from just buying a bmobile SIM and sticking it in a mobile phone. doing this way could actually save you on monthly rental fees. alternatively if you have some family members who don't know how to use a cellphone, you could get one of these sim capable desktop phones like this https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-GSM-Des ... 00MWJS6HQ/

edit: now that i think about it, you better off with a cellphone since if power gone, you could still use your phone.

adnj
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2157
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby adnj » September 30th, 2019, 3:46 pm

2ndchance wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:So there was a system that required only copper lines.
In the event of a power outage (emergency) it would still work.
But it is claimed to have a maximum of 5Mb over hte lines, even though the same system boasted a 300Mb DSL service over those same lines

ALL copper lines were left where there are, and a Huawei GSM Wireless router was installed FOR LAND LINE PHONES.
So previously where you could be without power and still use the landline now requires a UPS.

The GSM Wireless device can supply data and television signal service. They're hoping the device is already there, so you will switch to them.


Wow! Had no idea they were doing this. Anyone know the model number of this modem?
IIRC, TSTT is using Huawei B2338 and B310 modems or similar for WTTx (wireless to the home/office). The LTE SIM uses band 41 with a 700Mhz band planned. The desktop wireless phones will not be offered.

[URL]http://www.tstt.co.tt/news/silver-technology-lining-st-helena
[/URL]

[IMG]https://www.4gltemall.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Huawei-B2338-168-LTE-CPE-1.jpg
[/IMG]

[IMG]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71psRiNPkiL._SX355_.jpg
[/IMG]
Last edited by adnj on September 30th, 2019, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 251
Joined: January 12th, 2017, 1:47 am

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby 2ndchance » October 1st, 2019, 12:18 am

adnj wrote:IIRC, TSTT is using Huawei B2338 and B310 modems or similar for WTTx (wireless to the home/office). The LTE SIM uses band 41 with a 700Mhz band planned. The desktop wireless phones will not be offered.

[URL]http://www.tstt.co.tt/news/silver-technology-lining-st-helena
[/URL]

[IMG]https://www.4gltemall.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Huawei-B2338-168-LTE-CPE-1.jpg
[/IMG]

[IMG]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71psRiNPkiL._SX355_.jpg
[/IMG]


Thanks. Some good info.

User avatar
wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 13207
Joined: May 18th, 2004, 9:38 am
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.
Contact:

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby wagonrunner » October 2nd, 2019, 12:50 am

adnj wrote:
2ndchance wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:So there was a system that required only copper lines.
In the event of a power outage (emergency) it would still work.
But it is claimed to have a maximum of 5Mb over hte lines, even though the same system boasted a 300Mb DSL service over those same lines

ALL copper lines were left where there are, and a Huawei GSM Wireless router was installed FOR LAND LINE PHONES.
So previously where you could be without power and still use the landline now requires a UPS.

The GSM Wireless device can supply data and television signal service. They're hoping the device is already there, so you will switch to them.


Wow! Had no idea they were doing this. Anyone know the model number of this modem?
IIRC, TSTT is using Huawei B2338 and B310 modems or similar for WTTx (wireless to the home/office). The LTE SIM uses band 41 with a 700Mhz band planned. The desktop wireless phones will not be offered.

[URL]http://www.tstt.co.tt/news/silver-technology-lining-st-helena
[/URL]

[IMG]https://www.4gltemall.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Huawei-B2338-168-LTE-CPE-1.jpg
[/IMG]

[IMG]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71psRiNPkiL._SX355_.jpg
[/IMG]

The TSTT supplied Huawei B525s-65a Router.
Was assured there would be no change in billing. Patiently waiting.
Image
Image
Last edited by wagonrunner on October 24th, 2019, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 251
Joined: January 12th, 2017, 1:47 am

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby 2ndchance » October 2nd, 2019, 11:48 pm

Thanks for the info wagon runner and adnj. Seems like it’s the B2338 if it’s an outdoor CPE and a B525s-65a if it’s indoor.
And thanks to those of you who shed some light on TSTT billing problems. It was helpful to know that it wasn’t just me.

adnj
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2157
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby adnj » October 3rd, 2019, 8:19 am

2ndchance wrote:Thanks for the info wagon runner and adnj. Seems like it’s the B2338 if it’s an outdoor CPE and a B525s-65a if it’s indoor.
And thanks to those of you who shed some light on TSTT billing problems. It was helpful to know that it wasn’t just me.
I recall that all of the Huawei modems that are now being deployed seem to work on bands B38/B39/B40/B41. None of the new modems will work with the current mobile band used by Bmobile and Digicel - B2.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 251
Joined: January 12th, 2017, 1:47 am

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby 2ndchance » October 3rd, 2019, 11:42 pm

adnj wrote:
2ndchance wrote:Thanks for the info wagon runner and adnj. Seems like it’s the B2338 if it’s an outdoor CPE and a B525s-65a if it’s indoor.
And thanks to those of you who shed some light on TSTT billing problems. It was helpful to know that it wasn’t just me.
I recall that all of the Huawei modems that are now being deployed seem to work on bands B38/B39/B40/B41. None of the new modems will work with the current mobile band used by Bmobile and Digicel - B2.


Found a Newsday article dated Oct 4, 2018 about WTTx where it’s mentioned that TSTT will be using TDD-LTE for the WTTx service instead of the FDD-LTE which it uses for its regular mobile network within its existing spectrum allocation. So if it’s 1900MHz, then the WTTx will be operating on LTE band 39 but if it’s 2600MHz, then it will be band 38.

User avatar
carluva
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 979
Joined: October 3rd, 2005, 2:03 pm
Location: Down in the homeland

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby carluva » October 4th, 2019, 6:19 am

Service still sucks. My line is still down for 10 days and counting.

Might cancel this service and switch to Flow. I did a comparison and if I switch, I'll save some money with Flow.

adnj
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2157
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby adnj » October 4th, 2019, 7:20 am

2ndchance wrote:Found a Newsday article dated Oct 4, 2018 about WTTx where it’s mentioned that TSTT will be using TDD-LTE for the WTTx service instead of the FDD-LTE which it uses for its regular mobile network within its existing spectrum allocation. So if it’s 1900MHz, then the WTTx will be operating on LTE band 39 but if it’s 2600MHz, then it will be band 38.


Band 41 is definitely used in some installs. Band 38 is a subset of Band 41 so there is no reason that both cannot be used on the network since the installations are static.

Image

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2031
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Re: TSTT billing system problems

Postby Pointman-IA » October 4th, 2019, 7:47 am

TSTT service sucks. Their service went down in La Brea (internet and phone).


Switched to FLOW.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gem_in_i, Redman and 99 guests

cron