Forums

Baby Noah's Fight

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kstt
Riding on 16's

Baby Noah's Fight

Postby kstt » September 28th, 2019, 6:36 am

On July 15th, 2019, a new light in our world shone brightly! Baby Noah took his first breath at the Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto, Canada. Baby Noah’s arrival into this world was anything but normal, his tiny lungs fought to provide the oxygen his organs so desperately needed. Baby Noah was born in the NICU of Mount Sinai, Canada and was then transferred to Sick Kids Hospital where he would stay for the next two months...

As he entered the third trimester, an unfavorable cyst was detected. It bore all the signs that could lead to a condition known as Congenital Pulmonary Airway Malfunction (CPAM), a relatively rare condition that affects about 1 in every 25,000 births. The first detection was made in our home country of Trinidad, a small island in the Caribbean. We were initially given a worst case scenario that our baby may not have made it or if he survived the pregnancy, he may have been born with complications to vital organs. All medical professionals on the island ensured us one thing; the road ahead would be challenging.

Canada proved a viable option for us as we had family living there and we hoped this would at least help us offset some cost in lodging. After securing confirmation from Mount Sinai Hospital we prepared ourselves to leave Trinidad and knew that the road ahead would be a tedious one. We are not a wealthy family, I am an English teacher in a secondary school and my wife works part time at a restaurant. We are not frivolous in how we spend our earnings and we do our best to survive ensuring our kids are provided for.

It has been a very challenging experience that has left us emotionally and financially drained. I left Canada on August 24th to return to Trinidad so I may resume working. I left my wife and our precious little Noah at the same NICU he has called his home for the past two months and all I long for is to hold him without him being connected to a machine. All we long for is to have our little Noah come home, back in our country. Baby Noah's sister and brother keep asking me when will he come home. I tell them "soon".

We are of the firm belief that a little truly does go a long way. As you would suspect, the medical costs involved in Noah’s treatment to date have been astronomical, at least by our standards, and my wife and I set up this GoFundMe page to keep our family, friends and well wishers informed. Any donation towards Baby Noah’s fight, regardless how small, is humbly and gratefully appreciated, and if you cannot donate, that’s ok, all we could ask is that you keep Baby Noah in your thoughts and prayers. Send him some love to give him even more strength on his road to recovery!

#fightNoahfight

https://www.gofundme.com/f/baby-noah039 ... hare-sheet

Advertisement
Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”