TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Stuart Young says Social Media is the biggest threat to Democracy and he wish it could be turned off

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Stuart Young says Social Media is the biggest threat to Democracy and he wish it could be turned off

Postby abducted » October 1st, 2019, 1:01 pm

The National Security Minister says that while social media has great effects in his view "this is the single largest threat we now have to democracy."

The Minister's position on the matter was outlined by the Ministry after he opened a workshop on the Regional Workshop on Cybersecurity and Strengthening Democratic Processes at the Hyatt Regency Hotel on Monday.

Juhel Browne reports.
https://www.tv6tnt.com/news/7pmnews/you ... 3ae40.html

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Stuart Young says Social Media is the biggest threat to Democracy and he wish it could be turned off

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 1st, 2019, 1:06 pm

I sorry eh but LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Stuart Young says Social Media is the biggest threat to Democracy and he wish it could be turned off

Postby matr1x » October 1st, 2019, 1:12 pm

He should ask he step daughter.

And a certain person son.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » October 1st, 2019, 1:13 pm

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 1st, 2019, 1:20 pm

Talk about an insecure minister of Nat Sec

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 1st, 2019, 1:28 pm

to put it nice : stewy losing he marbles or wah ...

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 1st, 2019, 1:29 pm

Ohh Stewie!!!

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 1st, 2019, 1:33 pm

This is what happens when arrogance begins to cloud rational thinking

Same thing happened to manning

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » October 1st, 2019, 1:37 pm

Just now he and faris go pass a law so all yuh people could stop bullying them...

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 1st, 2019, 1:41 pm

Haven't watched the report to get context, but reading the headline I agree with him. Prior to social media, politicians were able to fool the masses and the a$$es with ease, democratic stupidity passed of as democratic stability. Social media enabled questions to be asked , actions to face scrutiny and gave political alternatives a platform to reach the electorate. If I was a politician in this place hoping to keep the status quo I'd say it's undemocratic too

regone
Street 2NR

Postby regone » October 1st, 2019, 1:42 pm

pugboy wrote:This is what happens when arrogance begins to cloud rational thinking

Same thing happened to manning

i don't think we had a rational thinking minister in the pass 50 years. These people come from a privilege life or was given their post due to some sort of corruption so they would never understand what the average citizen face to fix it..

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 1st, 2019, 1:46 pm

eliteauto wrote:Prior to social media, politicians were able to fool the masses and the a$$es with ease, democratic stupidity passed of as democratic stability. Social media enabled questions to be asked , actions to face scrutiny and gave political alternatives a platform to reach the electorate. If I was a politician in this place hoping to keep the status quo I'd say it's undemocratic too

This right here.

Maybe if politicians foresaw this a decade ago or more, they might have clamped down like China.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 1st, 2019, 1:50 pm

eliteauto wrote:Haven't watched the report to get context, but reading the headline I agree with him. Prior to social media, politicians were able to fool the masses and the a$$es with ease, democratic stupidity passed of as democratic stability. Social media enabled questions to be asked , actions to face scrutiny and gave political alternatives a platform to reach the electorate. If I was a politician in this place hoping to keep the status quo I'd say it's undemocratic too

Zoom Rader would have been so proud of you.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » October 1st, 2019, 1:59 pm

All I hadda tell Stuarty is doh call the police, CALL DE 4KIN MORGUE.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » October 1st, 2019, 2:14 pm

Of course he afraid.....ting does come out...

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » October 1st, 2019, 3:07 pm

De 1% propaganda tv networks, radio stations and newspapers getting bypassed by social media, so now politicians need to find another way to control the "message".

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 1st, 2019, 3:23 pm

Yup
Social media mashup a lot of the propaganda machinery and expose plenty wrongs
But. It still have plenty quirks

eliteauto wrote:Haven't watched the report to get context, but reading the headline I agree with him. Prior to social media, politicians were able to fool the masses and the a$$es with ease, democratic stupidity passed of as democratic stability. Social media enabled questions to be asked , actions to face scrutiny and gave political alternatives a platform to reach the electorate. If I was a politician in this place hoping to keep the status quo I'd say it's undemocratic too

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » October 1st, 2019, 4:31 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
eliteauto wrote:Prior to social media, politicians were able to fool the masses and the a$$es with ease, democratic stupidity passed of as democratic stability. Social media enabled questions to be asked , actions to face scrutiny and gave political alternatives a platform to reach the electorate. If I was a politician in this place hoping to keep the status quo I'd say it's undemocratic too

This right here.

Maybe if politicians foresaw this a decade ago or more, they might have clamped down like China.

Well look like you guys have it covered. This is the problem exactly. It's a lot more difficult to get away with bobol when people could easily fact check you and get the word out. I think the entire internet itself is a problem. We should go back to regular newspapers. If you want to fact check anything you have to buy the last 10,000 issues and manually flip through the pages.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 1st, 2019, 4:38 pm

If they trying to ban it we the citizens need to challenge it as that would be unconstitutional

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » October 1st, 2019, 4:42 pm

I thought Stuart was Chinese but it look like he is north Korean!

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 1st, 2019, 4:42 pm

Doh forget a 1% say facebook should be banned the other day

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » October 1st, 2019, 5:16 pm

Stuart Young is a waste of time

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 1st, 2019, 5:19 pm

Nah rowlee say he is his Gary sobers

fatboy slim wrote:Stuart Young is a waste of time

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 1st, 2019, 5:29 pm

Well lead by example. Shut down the PNM pages, and the MONS pages.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 1st, 2019, 5:30 pm

Well lead by example. Shut down the PNM pages, and the MONS pages.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 1st, 2019, 5:31 pm

The_Honourable wrote:

This right here.

They still fooling the public and doing what they want. Seeing no difference that social media has made in the level of corruption. When journalists ask questions what Rowley does? How does our PM treat the press and any reports against his administration? Ignore it, treat them like scum, rail up and say how everybody lying on him (like the recent BBC report) and move along with business as usual. And then create fake emails and schemes to focus on what Kamla didn't do while he is sitting in the PM Office. Social media has just made the population more miserable in realizing what the leaders are doing.

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » October 1st, 2019, 6:28 pm

Pretty soon Anthony Garcia will come out and say that education is the genesis of rebellion among the citizenry and its a burden on the taxpayer dollar

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 1st, 2019, 6:40 pm

bai, could block young for pelting out too much click bait.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 2nd, 2019, 11:29 am

many of us wish we cud turn off d pnm\unc but sadly dat aint gonna happen ....

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”