Forums

Bmobile 4G LTE Broadband in Phone

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Trinbago
Ricer

Bmobile 4G LTE Broadband in Phone

Postby Trinbago » October 10th, 2019, 7:42 pm

Hey guys so question, some time ago i bought a bmobile 4G LTE 6mbps sim from a guy. The sim worked perfectly in my S8+ showing LTE however the account ended up being discontinued and i was forced to register for my own. I bought the 10mbps 4G LTE package from bmobile and after putting the sim in there was no data transmitting (ie. LTE, H+, H, etc). The Apn settings and everything was the same as was the 6mbps package one, however the 6mbps sim was about 3 years old according to the guy and it did show LTE and give data. This new sim which looks diff (greyish) isnt picking up the data. I'm wondering if the new sim is the issue? Also is there any work arounds to get it working? because my main intention was to use it on my phone rather than the 4G huawei routers they give you. I called bmobile and all they said was. It doesnt work even though i argued my case about the 6mbps one that worked. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: Bmobile 4G LTE Broadband in Phone

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 10th, 2019, 7:52 pm

Is it working on the router?
Are you sure the sim is 6mbps and 10mbps? or is it that the account determines what devices the sim can be used in and the data transfer rate?

Trinbago
Ricer

Postby Trinbago » October 10th, 2019, 8:02 pm

It is working on the router yes. However, at the moment they are having network issues and its taking quite some time for the router to connect every time i disconnect it ( takes about an hour to connect). I can't confirm if the sim/account determines the speeds but i can confirm that i do get those speeds when i run a speed test.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 10th, 2019, 9:11 pm

You sure the SIM designed to work on phones as well?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 10th, 2019, 11:01 pm

The account will have IMEI controls on it. A provider has to provision a particular device or family of devices to work with SIM serial number sequences.

In other words, a phone can be prevented from accessing all the services on a network, a data SIM can be allowed to work only with certain types of devices, or certain types of devices can be blocked from using an available frequency band.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » October 11th, 2019, 12:35 am

Trinbago wrote:It is working on the router yes. However, at the moment they are having network issues and its taking quite some time for the router to connect every time i disconnect it ( takes about an hour to connect). I can't confirm if the sim/account determines the speeds but i can confirm that i do get those speeds when i run a speed test.

I was thinking about getting this LTE service for home use. What’s the model number of the router? Can you share a photo of it?

Trinbago
Ricer

Postby Trinbago » October 13th, 2019, 10:44 pm

UPDATE: So after moving from different locations the LTE sign came up and its been working perfectly for the past day or so now. So the answer to my own question is, yes it does work.

Another interesting topic: UNLIMITED BMOBILE CALLS AND LTE DATA FOR $150tt

So i met someone last night who has an iphone with an unlimited call and data plan from bmobile for $150. She said the only way to obtain this promotion (which she claims to have been using years) is by porting a digicel to a bmobile and using a iphone handset. She did show me the promotion when she typed in *123# and it was there. Has anyone ported before and knows if this promotion is still obtainable?

2ndchance: The Huawei 4g router model number is B525s-65a. Currently dont have it to take a pic.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » October 14th, 2019, 1:06 am

Trinbago wrote:UPDATE: So after moving from different locations the LTE sign came up and its been working perfectly for the past day or so now. So the answer to my own question is, yes it does work.

Another interesting topic: UNLIMITED BMOBILE CALLS AND LTE DATA FOR $150tt

So i met someone last night who has an iphone with an unlimited call and data plan from bmobile for $150. She said the only way to obtain this promotion (which she claims to have been using years) is by porting a digicel to a bmobile and using a iphone handset. She did show me the promotion when she typed in *123# and it was there. Has anyone ported before and knows if this promotion is still obtainable?

2ndchance: The Huawei 4g router model number is B525s-65a. Currently dont have it to take a pic.

Thanks for the router info. Glad to know you got the new SIM to work. So you’re paying $179+VAT for unlimited LTE on your phone, right? But it’s a “data only” SIM, so you can’t make regular calls or send SMS, correct?

Trinbago
Ricer

Postby Trinbago » October 14th, 2019, 2:22 am

Yes $179+VAT for unlimited LTE. My phone is a dual sim S8+ so i'm using a prepaid sim for calls and the other for strictly data. I rather this because i hardly ever make voice calls ($50.00tt / month at most).

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 14th, 2019, 6:52 am

Trinbago wrote:Yes $179+VAT for unlimited LTE. My phone is a dual sim S8+ so i'm using a prepaid sim for calls and the other for strictly data. I rather this because i hardly ever make voice calls ($50.00tt / month at most).
bmobile has brought back out post paid data sims? Digicel has prepaid and post paid but ridiculously priced and with a 1 year contract minimum

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » October 14th, 2019, 5:08 pm

Trinbago wrote:Yes $179+VAT for unlimited LTE. My phone is a dual sim S8+ so i'm using a prepaid sim for calls and the other for strictly data. I rather this because i hardly ever make voice calls ($50.00tt / month at most).

Well done. I was wondering if a dual SIM phone could be used in that way. Thanks for confirming.

Trinbago
Ricer

Postby Trinbago » October 16th, 2019, 2:01 am

Guys please rem this is a "under the table" kind of thing. Everytime i call bmobile and ask if i could remove the sim from the router and put it in a mifi, they immediately asked for my account number then start lecturing me about how I shouldnt tamper with the device.

Be cautious when u talking to the CSRs about this practice. I wouldnt want them finding a way to stop it.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 22nd, 2019, 11:11 am

Trinbago wrote:Guys please rem this is a "under the table" kind of thing. Everytime i call bmobile and ask if i could remove the sim from the router and put it in a mifi, they immediately asked for my account number then start lecturing me about how I shouldnt tamper with the device.

Be cautious when u talking to the CSRs about this practice. I wouldnt want them finding a way to stop it.
Send me a PM if you want to sell the router.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”